Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Weeks (38) is one of 239 people missing after a Malaysia Airlines plane disappeared while en route to China

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Final Destination
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I just read that the two stolen passport passengers bought their tickets together. It could be to illegally immigrate though. I also read that 5 people intended to be in the flight didn't board it and their luggage removed before take off. Can you imagine how lucky they feel right about now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Death will still get them.
    Well hello there, Debbie Downer.

Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Well hello there, Debbie Downer.

Lol I meant it as a Final Destination reference!!

So the latest info is that the Malaysian military was able to track the mystery jet on their radar after it disappeared from the airline's radar, and it had turned around and flown SW for an hour with no communication from the pilots. (green dots.) The airline's radar lost it in the area of the dark circle because the transponder had been turned off but evidently the military radar could continue to track it. The transponder was turned off at the same time the pilots stopped communicating. Then it disappeared from military radar in the Strait of Malacca, near the island of Pulau Perak, which is where they are searching now.

Did the military realize it was a passenger jet they were tracking? Did they notify anyone about this at the time? And why has it taken so long for this information to come out?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Very curious.

Do we even hold out hope that they've been hijacked and are alive somewhere being held captive? But wouldn't we have heard something by now? And would they have had enough fuel to get to the new destination?

Or was it a another Flight 93?
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Very curious.

Do we even hold out hope that they've been hijacked and are alive somewhere being held captive? But wouldn't we have heard something by now? And would they have had enough fuel to get to the new destination?

Or was it a another Flight 93?
    I would LOVE to believe this. But there's no way that they could control every cell phone on that plane. SOMEONE would call a family member of it was something they were conscious of happening. I'm still thinking bomb. Although the whole "they were flying low " thing doesn't jibe with that. Perhaps a cell phone jammer? That jammed communications for the plane too?
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

They disappeared from radar over water so I don't think there was anywhere to land.

DAYS after the Malaysia Airlines flight disappeared en route to Beijing, mystery still surrounds the identity of four passengers who failed to board the flight.

On Monday Malaysia’s civil aviation chief Azharuddin Abdul Rahman told a press conference that five passengers checked in for the flight but didn’t end up boarding the plane.

He was quick to assure the public their baggage was removed from the plane, in accordance with strict regulations.

However, it turns out the bags never existed in the first place because the passengers never made it to the check-in desk.

We now know there were only four people — not five — who missed flight MH370.

Malaysia Airlines released a statement overnight that quashed the civil aviation body’s claim, and in the process raised a whole new series of questions over what really happened in the moments before the flight.

A message on their website read: “This statement is in reference to the many queries on the alleged five passengers who checked-in but did not board MH370 on 8 March 2014 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing despite having valid tickets to travel.

“Malaysia Airlines wishes to clarify that there were four passengers who had valid booking to travel on flight MH370, 8 March 2014, but did not show up to check-in for the flight.
    “As such, the issue of off-loading unaccompanied baggage did not arise, as the said four passengers did not check in for the flight. Hence, the above claim is untrue.”

But if four passengers really missed the most famous flight in the world, why has no-one come forward? Despite global media coverage of the disappearance of flight MH370, no-one has contacted authorities to say they are the ones who had a ‘Sliding Doors’ moment.

One person claiming to be a passenger who missed the flight has posted a series of tweets but they are not confirmed.

Going by the name “Kaiden IV”, the passenger claims he and his companion Rory were booked on the plane but were held up for personal reasons.

He told how his anger turned to relief upon learning he’d avoided what has become one of the biggest aviation mysteries in history.

Kaiden made desperate attempts to contact his partner via Twitter, assuring her he was safe, and, most importantly, alive.

His partner, author Cylithria Dubois, has posted a statement about the incident on her website The Ghostly Writer .

According to local news source the Astro Arwani , the third person to miss the flight was university student Jessica Yee Wai Ching. Thinking the Saturday morning flight was leaving later that evening Jessica said she was in shock over her close call. She sympathised with those on board saying she was extremely blessed and had been given a second chance at life.

“I mistook the day. If not I would’ve boarded the plane as I still had time to catch it,” Jessica said.

News.com.au has contacted Malaysia’s civil aviation authority for comment.

The twitter of the guy who allegedly missed the flight - https://twitter.com/KaidenDL

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226852311845

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Hu View Post
    I ain't no physicist, but I would guess that the impact would break the plane, and the bodies in it, into many pieces. Here's an article about a plane crashing into water entitled "229 people, 15 000 body parts." http://www.cmaj.ca/content/160/2/241.full.pdf
    Not to be morbid but it depends on how the plane hit. The Air France was more of a crushing effect.

We discussed this a bit at work (the whole disappearance) and it has a lot of us baffled. The 777 is an incredibly safe airplane that just has that one blemish due to pilot error and US military satellites should have been able to detect an in-air explosion. My money is on the pilot(s). If it were a hijacking you'd think they would have somehow notified people.

Someone posted on the MDS fb about having heard that the pilot committed suicide? I hadn't thought about that theory.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by decorusnex View Post
    Not to be morbid but it depends on how the plane hit. The Air France was more of a crushing effect.

We discussed this a bit at work (the whole disappearance) and it has a lot of us baffled. The 777 is an incredibly safe airplane that just has that one blemish due to pilot error and US military satellites should have been able to detect an in-air explosion. My money is on the pilot(s). If it were a hijacking you'd think they would have somehow notified people.
    Imagine hitting the pool doing a belly flop. Now multiply that 4,000 lbs and increase the speed by a few hundred MPH.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Someone posted on the MDS fb about having heard that the pilot committed suicide? I hadn't thought about that theory.
    And the Co - Pilot? Just let him do it? The flight attendants didn't notice him change course and start flying at low altitude? Someone would have used their cell phone.

None of it makes sense..... It's crazy!

And the Co - Pilot? Just let him do it? The flight attendants didn't notice him change course and start flying at low altitude? Someone would have used their cell phone.

None of it makes sense..... It's crazy!
    Is there even cell coverage out there over the ocean? I don't know. As for suicide? Well it's certainly been done.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...ilot-suicides/
    While incredibly rare for a pilot to kill himself ? and everyone else on a plane ? there is both national and international precedent for what experts call ?aircraft-assisted pilot suicides.? According to Federal Aviation Administration data, 24 American pilots have killed themselves while flying their planes in the last two decades. Twenty-three of those pilots intentionally crashed their craft, and one student pilot jumped out of his plane mid-flight.

All of the pilots who killed themselves were male and middle-aged.

While none of of the American pilots who killed themselves were flying a big commercial aircraft, it has happened elsewhere.

In November of last year, a Mozambique Airlines E-190 jet carrying 33 passengers went down in Namibia. No one survived the crash, which became the subject of great mystery because the plane was only one year old, flown by an experienced pilot, in good weather.

According to cockpit voice recordings reported by the International Business Times, the co-pilot left to use the bathroom, and when he returned, he found the door shut. Inside, the pilot had switched the plane?s altitude reading from 38,000 feet to ground level, IBT reports. Recordings show someone pounded on the door to the cockpit as the plane plummeted. Investigators later concluded the plane had crashed because of ?intentional actions by the pilot.?

Echoes of that tragedy were found in a pair of late 1990′s crashes. In 1997, more than 100 people were killed with a pilot or crew member forced a plane to crash in Indonesia. Two years later, a Cairo-bound airliner that plummeted into the Atlantic Ocean off Nantucket in 1999. All 217 passengers and crew were killed. During the plane?s tailspin, its pilot, Gamal al-Batouti whispered the Arabic phrase, ?I rely on God,? ? traditionally uttered moments before death.

Depression appears to be the leading cause of aircraft-assisted suicides, and in 2010, the FAA did away with a generations-old ban on pilots taking anti-depressants . The aviation agency, which has mental health restrictions for pilots, now can issue certificates permitting pilots to take Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, and Lexapro, CNN reports.

But only clues such audio recordings and blackbox data about the position of an aircrafts tailplanes can lead investigators to a conclusion that a pilot killed himself.

For the moment, then, the Malaysian Airlines suicide question will probably remain unanswered.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Someone was steering the plane when it went off course. The 777 doesn't do that on its own. I'd like to know if anyone aboard besides the pilots had flight training, a la 9/11? If not, I think the pilots have to be to blame. I'm a private pilot and could probably steer it but don't think I could control a descent. You have to have specific training for that. That leads me to believe if one of the pilots took it, they probably landed it somewhere. Because if it crashed in the water, there would definitely be debris. Even though they didn't find the black box from the Air France flight for a long time, the debris was seen in a couple days. If a passenger with training took control, anything could have happened.
    Last edited by Evolved1; 03-11-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Where did you see that they were flying at low altitude?

Malaysia's Berita Harian newspaper quoted Air Force chief Rodzali Daud as saying the plane was last detected at 2.40 a.m. by military radar near the island of Pulau Perak at the northern end of the Strait of Malacca. It was flying about 1,000 metres lower than its previous altitude, he was quoted as saying, according to Reuters.
    http://www.malaysiasun.com/index.php....b2dZuhXo.dpuf

The previous altitude being 35,000 feet, so 1,000 meters lower would be 31,000 feet or so
    (3.3 ft/meter.) Not really considered low altitude, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Where did you see that they were flying at low altitude?
    Taken from the article Becoming posted on page 3 earlier today:

A high-ranking military official involved in the investigation confirmed the report and also said the plane was believed to be flying low. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information.

Taken from the article Becoming posted on page 3 earlier today:

A high-ranking military official involved in the investigation confirmed the report and also said the plane was believed to be flying low. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information.
    This is what I keep hearing as well.

I'm totally fascinated by this.

Me too! Is it possible if they veered off course they could have landed on land and may be some survivors?? Probably wishful thinking! :(

A cracking and corrosion problem on Boeing 777s that could lead to the mid-air break-up of the aircraft prompted a warning from air safety regulators weeks before the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, federal records show.

The Federal Aviation Administration ordered checks on hundreds of U.S.-registered 777s after reports of cracking in the fuselage skin underneath a satellite antenna.

In an airworthiness directive, it said the extra checks were needed ?to detect and correct cracking and corrosion in the fuselage skin, which could lead to rapid decompression and loss of structural integrity of the airplane.?

The directive, first drawn up in September, was approved in February and was due to take effect on April 9.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mis...ng-777s-n50591
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    A cracking and corrosion problem on Boeing 777s that could lead to the mid-air break-up of the aircraft prompted a warning from air safety regulators weeks before the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, federal records show.

The Federal Aviation Administration ordered checks on hundreds of U.S.-registered 777s after reports of cracking in the fuselage skin underneath a satellite antenna.

In an airworthiness directive, it said the extra checks were needed ?to detect and correct cracking and corrosion in the fuselage skin, which could lead to rapid decompression and loss of structural integrity of the airplane.?

The directive, first drawn up in September, was approved in February and was due to take effect on April 9.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mis...ng-777s-n50591
    I would almost prefer this. If the cabin rapidly decompressed, they'd all be out like lights and never know what hit them.

I heard on the radio this morning that people are now saying it has to do with................

.....wait for it...........

ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A plane hijacked by aliens? That makes sense! Why didn't I think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?

Signs of vanished Malaysia jet? Chinese satellite discovery offers lead
    Mar 12, 2014 8:41 PM EDT

China's official Xinhua News Agency reported late Wednesday a government website has satellite images of suspected debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines plane that vanished last week with 239 aboard.

According to the report, the satellite images from the morning of March 9 appear to show "three suspected floating objects" of varying sizes in the sea off the southern tip of Vietnam and east of Malaysia a part of the original search area for the aircraft, which was enroute from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

However, there was no immediate confirmation of the reported debris from the airline or Malaysian authorities.

Vernon Grose, a seasoned National Transportation Safety Board investigator and consultant, told Fox News his preliminary assessment was that if the plane disintegrated, he would expect to find large pieces of wreckage, including the wings, the horizontal stabilizer in the tail and the vertical fin.

One of the objects reportedly spotted would be consistent with a jet's wing.

If this is the wreckage, Grose said the black boxes should be located in fairly short order.

Two-thirds of the passengers on the flight were Chinese, and the Chinese government has put increasing pressure on Malaysian officials to solve the mystery of the plane's disappearance.

The latest report came as Malaysia's civil aviation officials said Wednesday in Beijing that the final voice communication heard from the missing Malaysian Airlines jet to air traffic controllers was, "All right, good night," The Straits Times reported.

The message was reportedly sent from the cockpit to the controllers in response to being informed that the plane was entering Vietnamese airspace.

Amid intensifying confusion and occasionally contradictory statements, the country's civil aviation authorities and the military both said the plane may have turned back from its original route toward Vietnam, possibly as far as the Strait of Malacca on the eastern side of the country.

Authorities have not ruled out any possible cause for the plane's disappearance, including mechanical failure, pilot error, sabotage or terrorism in the disappearance of the plane. The 777 is a modern aircraft with an excellent safety record, as does Malaysia Airlines.

In June 2013, Boeing issued a safety alert to Boeing 777 operators, telling them to inspect for corrosion and cracks in the crown fuselage around a satellite antenna. The alert says one airline found a 16-inch crack in one plane, then checked other 777s and found more cracking.

"Cracks in the fuselage skin that are not found and repaired can propagate to the point where the fuselage skin structure cannot sustain limit load," Boeing said. "When the fuselage skin cannot sustain limit load, this can result in possible rapid decompression and loss of structural integrity."

Fox News' Catherine Herridge and The Associated Press contributed to this report

Now the Wall Street Journal is reporting that the plane flew for four hours after the transponder was turned off, based on data transmitted automatically from its engines:

March 13, 2014

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details, raising the possibility that the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles under conditions that remain murky.

Aviation investigators and national security officials believe the plane flew for a total of five hours based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing Co. 777's engines as part of a routine maintenance and monitoring program.

The investigation remains fluid, and it isn't clear whether investigators have evidence indicating possible terrorism or espionage. So far, U.S. national security officials have said that nothing specifically points toward terrorism, though they haven't ruled it out.

But the huge uncertainty about where the plane was headed, and why it apparently continued flying so long without working transponders, has raised theories among investigators that the aircraft may have been commandeered for a reason that appears unclear to U.S. authorities. Some of those theories have been laid out to national security officials and senior personnel from various U.S. agencies, according to one person familiar with the matter.

At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose." As of Wednesday it remained unclear whether the plane reached an alternate destination or if it ultimately crashed.

The engines' onboard monitoring system is provided by their manufacturer, Rolls-Royce PLC, and it periodically sends bursts of data about engine health, operations and aircraft movements to facilities on the ground.

As part of its maintenance agreements, Malaysia Airlines transmits its engine data live to Rolls-Royce for analysis. The system compiles data from inside the 777's two Trent 800 engines and transmits snapshots of performance, as well as the altitude and speed of the jet.

Those snippets are compiled and transmitted in 30-minute increments, said one person familiar with the system. According to Rolls-Royce's website, the data is processed automatically "so that subtle changes in condition from one flight to another can be detected."

The engine data is being analyzed to help determine the flight path of the plane after the transponders stopped working. The jet was originally headed for China, and its last verified position was half way across the Gulf of Thailand.

A total flight time of five hours after departing Kuala Lumpur means the Boeing 777 could have continued for an additional distance of about 2,200 nautical miles, reaching points as far as the Indian Ocean, the border of Pakistan or even the Arabian Sea, based on the jet's cruising speed.

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_e...MDEwMzExNDMyWj

This seems like pretty credible information and would explain why no wreckage has been found. Another intriguing twist!
    Last edited by *crickets*; 03-12-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Thread Information