Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Donna Scrivo (59) allegedly killed and dismembered her son Ramsay (32), before dumping bags of his body parts on the side of the road

Donna Scrivo (59) allegedly killed and dismembered her son Ramsay (32), before dumping bags of his body parts on the side of the road

Okay so everything I've read online doesn't name the people, but I've read that the people involved are Donna Scrivo (59) and her son Ramsay (32). Apparently she killed him, dismembered and discarded?

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...de_of_the_road

A 59-year old St. Clair County woman is in police custody at the St. Clair Shores Police Department, pending arraignment in the investigation of bags of human body parts found on the side of the road.

The remains of a white male were found Thursday afternoon along Fred Moore Highway and Allington Road in China Township.

St. Clair Shores Police and St. Clair County Sheriff investigators executed two search warrants in the 22000 block of Rosedale and 23000 block of Gary Lane in the city of St. Clair Shores.

Evidence taken from the dismembered body revealed that it was a 32-year old St. Clair Shores man who was missing.

Local 2 spoke with some of the man's neighbors Saturday. Many of them had nothing but good things to say about the 32-year-old man.

"He would sit outside, very friendly," one neighbor said. "Well respected, everyone talked to him. He would say hi to everybody."

Investigators said the woman in custody is the mother of another neighbor. Thanks to surveillance video, others in the comunity were able to come together and identify her.

"Scary to think it's right under your nose," a neighbor said. "You don't know, it's happening everywhere."

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/w...s/-/index.html
    Last edited by Olivia; 02-02-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Woman (59) dumps sons (32) body parts in garbage bags along highway in Michigan

The woman arrested in connection with body parts found in garbage bags on the side of a Michigan highway is now believed to be the mother of the victim, police said Sunday.

Evidence and tips from the public have led police to the conclusion that the 59-year-old woman who reported her 32-year-old son missing on Sunday, Jan. 26 is the same woman who dumped his remains on the side of a St. Clair, Mich., highway on Thursday, said St. Clair Shores Police Department Sgt. Jay Cohoe.

The woman was arrested Saturday and in custody at St. Clair Shores Police Department awaiting arraignment, according to a St. Clair Shores Police Department statement.

After a Friday autopsy, fingerprints taken from the dismembered man were sent to the FBI, who determined they matched prints of the man who was reported missing a week earlier. The prints had been obtained while he was alive for unspecified reasons, authorities said.

St. Clair County Sheriff's Office

A woman of interest in connection with dumping body parts on the side of a Michigan highway is seen on a surveillance camera.

The identities of the victim and his mother have not been released.

A Michigan resident first reported a ?suspicious incident? on Thursday when she saw a woman throwing garbage bags out of her SUV on a highway and adjoining road in rural Michigan and discovered body parts inside of the bags, said St. Clair County Sheriff Tim Donnellon.

She was ?upset about it, checked the bag and discovered what they thought looked like human remains,? said St. Clair County Sheriff?s Office Deputy Steve Campau.

When deputies arrived at the scene, they spoke with a second woman who told them the bags were tossed by a ?heavy-set middle aged white female? from a mid-1990s-model white SUV, Donnellon said.

Investigators also recovered a bag filled with clothing and burnt documents that they believed belonged to the victim because they were found near the bags of remains, Campau said.

St. Clair County Sheriff's Office

Police released surveillance photos of a person of interest connected with dumping body parts on a Michigan highway. The woman was arrested Saturday and thought to be the victim's mother.

?We are treating this incident as a homicide,? Donnellon said Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Puzz - I merged our two threads.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    I'm going to guess it's them. from a relatives fb: Vinnetta Scrivo
    28 minutes ago near New York, NY
    Today... I question everything. My heart is so heavy. I never post personal things on Facebook. I don't like to send my thoughts out into the world like that. But, to the people who care for me and my family... I ask for your thoughts, prayers and good energy.

https://m.facebook.com/vinnetta.scrivo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Fb photo v surveillance photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    donna's husband died in may. i wonder if she just snapped.

Daniel J. Scrivo age 61, passed away May 15th, 2013 at his home in St. Clair Shores, Michigan.
    Beloved husband of Donna of 34 years. Beloved Father of Jason & Ramsay.
    Survived by his parents Betty-Jean & Anthony Scrivo.
    Pre-deceased by Mother-in-law and Father-in-law Melba & Charles Chaffin.
    Survived by Sisters & Brothers: Jeanne & the late Gerry Burns, Ralph & Kaye Scrivo, Anthony Scrivo, Carolynn & Bernard Sloan, Alison & the late Thomas Furtaw, Linda & Ron Gothard, David & JoAnn Chaffin. Aunts: Maggie Scrivo, Bessie & Doyle Huddleston, Joanne & Bill Siler. Uncle: Guy Shaw Chaffin. Multiple nieces, nephews & cousins also survive.
    Memorial Mass Saturday, June 1, 2013 at St. Joan of Arc Church, 21620 Greater Mack, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080. Early visitation with family at 9:30 till time of Mass 10:00am. Following Mass there will be an additional visitation at 11:00am. Luncheon will be served at 11:30am at the Church. A celebration of Life 4:00-8:00pm At: Alison Furtaw's Home, 1497 Hawthorne, Grosse Pointe, MI 48236. Questions Call: Donna Scrivo 586-404-0354, 22425 Rosedale St., St. Clair Shores, Michigan 48080. Arrangements handled by the Bagnasco & Calcaterra Funeral Home, St. Clair Shores.

http://www.tributes.com/show/Daniel-J.-Scrivo-95824327

a fb update from november:

Donna Chaffin Scrivo
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 10:01pm
    Carolyn sent me #8. So here are 8 things you may or may not know about me.

1) Dan, Jason & Ramsay are my life & I have always put them ahead of everything else....sometimes to a fault.
    2) I don't scrapbook, am not crafty nor a great cook but do bake well....Linda, don't say a word!
    3) I'm the youngest & loved being the youngest.
    4) I miss fishing with my Dad & holidays with the entire Ford, Chaffin & Scrivo clans.
    5) I only knew one of my grandparents but she was awesome.
    6) I miss my parents every day.
    7) I miss Dan every second.
    8) I am blessed beyond belief with a wonderful family , friends, & faith

also the fb/surveillance pic....same cat.

eta: Donna Chaffin Scrivo
    Friday, May 10, 2013 at 8:46am via YouTube

Happy Birthday to our wonderful youngest son Ramsay. Can't believe you are 32. This song encompasses all that we wish for you. And the warmth of your smile makes us feel good every day!
    Rascal Flatts ~ My wish for you ~ with lyrics
    Such a beautiful song by Rascal Flatts! Picture made by me on Kos...Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I read somewhere he had mental health issues. Very sad.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I read somewhere he had mental health issues. Very sad.
    Perhaps Apple don't fall too far...
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I could never wrap my brain around someone getting to the point of dismembering another human, but your own child? Even if the child is an adult, wtf?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

She was super careless about the whole thing.

More than one person watched her dump the bags. If I was going to murder my kid, report him missing, then chop him up and dump his bags of parts, I would sure as hell drive to the swamps of Alabama where there isn't a living soul and do it there. Not on the side of a well traveled thoroughfare of a rural community.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I am a frequent flyer of this site, I have always had a morbid kind of curiosity on how people have died, and their lives, etc....

I also come here out of total irony because I know Donna & Ramsay. Well, I met Donna (his Mom) twice but I was fortunate to work with Ramsay for a while just ending this past January.

Ramsay was a very nice young man who kept to himself and was always helpful. I've read some news reports that he had "Mental health issues" - which were NEVER apparent to me and I have been acquainted with him since early summer 2013. However, I can definitely see how his mom had issues. The first time I met them, she was belittling him right in front of me, he was very embarrassed. Calling him lazy, good for nothing, etc.. in front of a bunch of people. I was embarrassed for him when she did that and soon learned it was NOT true.

Anyway, I finally joined the site because I had to add my 2 cents to this post. I wanted to fill you on some stuff about Ramsay. The stuff you read on news outlets can be so biased and incorrect. He was a nice guy with what seemed to be - a wicked mother.

I can try to answer questions. Like I said, I worked with him for 7-8 months on and off. I wasnt best friends with the guy, but I was very well acquainted enough to defend his character on the internet. We discussed lots of things about his home life, etc...

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIUsed2Know View Post
    I am a frequent flyer of this site, I have always had a morbid kind of curiosity on how people have died, and their lives, etc....

I also come here out of total irony because I know Donna & Ramsay. Well, I met Donna (his Mom) twice but I was fortunate to work with Ramsay for a while just ending this past January.

Ramsay was a very nice young man who kept to himself and was always helpful. I've read some news reports that he had "Mental health issues" - which were NEVER apparent to me and I have been acquainted with him since early summer 2013. However, I can definitely see how his mom had issues. The first time I met them, she was belittling him right in front of me, he was very embarrassed. Calling him lazy, good for nothing, etc.. in front of a bunch of people. I was embarrassed for him when she did that and soon learned it was NOT true.

Anyway, I finally joined the site because I had to add my 2 cents to this post. I wanted to fill you on some stuff about Ramsay. The stuff you read on news outlets can be so biased and incorrect. He was a nice guy with what seemed to be - a wicked mother.

I can try to answer questions. Like I said, I worked with him for 7-8 months on and off. I wasnt best friends with the guy, but I was very well acquainted enough to defend his character on the internet. We discussed lots of things about his home life, etc...
    Wow! Interesting! Sounds like a nice guy! Welcome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Wow! Interesting! Sounds like a nice guy! Welcome!!
    Thanks for the welcome!

I thought people here would enjoy actually hearing first hand accounts about a person who died... especially a high profile case like this one!

The news yesterday said the police found the device the Mom used to cut him up - a chainsaw!!

I know maybe a month or so ago, Ramsay said he was doing construction work. Well turns out, his Moms house was being rebuilt after a supposed fire and he was helping. There was a chainsaw in the house that was maybe being used in some demolition work. Well, the police took the chainsaw as evidence saying that they have located the thing used to dismember him.

I CANNOT even begin the fathom HOW a Mother could kill her son and then dismember him with a chainsaw! THEN dump him on the side of a road, like garbage. Ramsay didnt deserve this, heck nobody deserves this. I keep saying, I hope however he died, it was quick. Like maybe she shot him first and he died instantly. The thought of somebody so nice and peaceful getting tortured or being in a lot of pain before death just eats me inside...

Hey! I made a big long post, and it disappeared :( It did say it had to be approved by a moderator first. How long does that usually take?

Hey! I made a big long post, and it disappeared :( It did say it had to be approved by a moderator first. How long does that usually take?
    I've asked Mike who is an admin to sort this out for you.

Super interesting info! Do you know for sure if it is Ramsay and his mother who are involved in this whole thing? How did his Dad die? So many questions lol.

Oops found the answer to one of my questions:

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-n...membering-body

As police prepare to charge a St. Clair Shores woman with killing her 32-year-old son and dismembering his body, family and friends struggle to comprehend what led to the grisly act.

Donna Chaffin Scrivo, 59, was held in Macomb County Jail over the weekend and is expected to be arraigned Monday on open murder charges in 40th District Court.

Authorities allege she killed her son Ramsay Scrivo of St. Clair Shores, dismembered his body, and stuffed the remains in several garbage bags that were discovered in St. Clair County late last week.

Relatives on Sunday said they are too distraught to talk about a tragedy they can’t even begin to understand.

“We are grieving a terrible, terrible loss,” said Carolynn Sloan, an aunt of Ramsay Scrivo.

Police have not disclosed a motive or how Ramsay Scrivo was killed but said they have recovered the instrument that was used to cut up the body after searching Ramsay Scrivo’s home on Gary Lane and his mother’s house on Rosedale Street. The mother had been living at her son’s residence following a fire that broke out in her home in 2013.

Ramsay Scrivo had worked as an accountant and also had been employed with All State Insurance. A graduate of De La Salle Collegiate High School, he had attended Wayne State University.

An investigation into the strange case was launched Jan. 30 after a passerby notified police that someone had disposed of trash bags containing body parts in rural parts of St. Clair and China townships in St. Clair County.

Since the homicide is believed to have occurred in St. Clair Shores and the remains were found in St. Clair County, the county sheriff’s office and St. Clair Shores police are conducting a joint investigation, according to St. Clair County Sheriff Tim Donnellon.

Donnellon on Sunday recounted the developments in the case.

“It was clear the homicide hadn’t taken place where the parts were found so we had to work fast to determine who this individual was and where he came from,” Donnellon said.

Six sheriff’s detectives were assigned to the case, first tracking down police reports of anyone recently reported missing and found five potential names including a man who had been reported missing earlier in the week in St. Clair Shores.

They worked with the staff of Dr. Daniel Spitz, a forensic pathologist who serves as the county medical examiner for both Macomb and St. Clair counties. Spitz’s staff was able to develop a set of fingerprints from a hand that was in the bag. The prints were analyzed by the FBI, which led to the victim’s identity.

In the meantime, a witness came forward with information on a white female who was seen in a gray or white SUV near one of the dumping sites. Investigators ventured to a nearby gas station located near Interstate 94 and obtained additional information through a security surveillance camera that captured images of the potential suspect.

Detectives then obtained information from the Michigan Secretary of State as they looked for relatives of the victim. When they saw a driver’s license image for the victim’s mother, they noticed she looked very similar to the woman seen in the security videotape.

Investigators soon realized their person of interest was the victim’s mother -- which caught them off guard.

“This certainly isn’t what we expected,” Donnellon said.

“We’ve had bodies discovered in the past and usually, it’s somehow drug related and that’s what we were anticipating here. It was very unsettling to think a woman had dumped body parts on the road in the middle of the day. To me, that just screams panic, not real well thought out.”

Donnellon declined to provide specifics on what authorities believe happened until an arraignment is held.

However, court records and public documents show a couple of significant events that have taken place in the last year.

Daniel Scrivo, the husband of the suspect and father of the victim, died in May 2013 in the Rosedale home at the age of 61. A few months later, a fire took place in the Scrivo household.

Donna Scrivo resided in a hotel before moving in with her son while restoration work was underway, according to neighbors.

That same month, Donna Scrivo was in Macomb Probate Court asking to be named as guardian to Ramsay. Online records do not state why she sought the guardianship. She was made a temporary guardian but the matter was later discharged, according to court records. In September, she petitioned the court to have her son hospitalized for an undisclosed mental illness. That case was deferred.

Neighbors of Donna Scrivo on Rosedale Street said she is a former nurse who has another son, Jason who lives in New Orleans.

Doris Odren, who lives next door, recalled the time her husband, Tom Odren, hurt his back in a car accident. She said Scrivo would often stop by to check up on him. She plans to be the arraignment to show her support.

“I know that she loved her son,” she said. “She doted on him. I can’t imagine what could have happened between them.”

Her husband agreed.

“There’s got to be something more to this,” Tom Odren said. “The death of her husband last year threw her for a loop. I think it threw the whole family for a loop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I've asked Mike who is an admin to sort this out for you.

Super interesting info! Do you know for sure if it is Ramsay and his mother who are involved in this whole thing? How did his Dad die? So many questions lol.
    Thanks for looking into it for me!! I typed like 4-5 paragraphs, hit post, and it said "awaiting moderation". Then it disappeared. Ugh!

His Dad died suddenly from what I recall and Ramsay did discuss it with me when he first started working with me. I want to say he died of a massive heart attack.

And yes, I know for sure its Ramsay and his Mom has been arrested. Confirmed by police on the news.

My first response was "how"... Ramsay wasnt a lightweight. He probably weighed 225lbs. Even dismembered (morbid discussion forthcoming), his torso had to have been pretty heavy! She wasnt exactly a bodybuilder herself. But she was a nurse, maybe she had experience with lifting people and such (out of bed, etc). To make things more interesting, one of my good friends used to work with her!! She said she was nice, but you wouldnt want to cross paths with her.

Dang it!!! That macomb daily article you posted mentioned a lot of the stuff I went into detail about in my post that was deleted when I hit post and it went to moderation.

If anyone's interested, you can check out all the court documents regarding her filing for guardianship etc of Ramsay here - http://macombcountymi.gov/eservices/...mB-bl2tZ6jMA4Q (just search for her first and last name if the actual link doesn't take you to them). She started filing two days after the death of the husband.

this is fascinating. i wonder what the details behind the house fire are? was she trying to cover up some secrete. i don't know, trying to hide the body like that makes me think there was more than just a dead body to hide. but, the fact that she was careless seems out of place.

she was a nurse? someone that i used to know (i've had that song stuck in my head all day) do you know what kind of nurse she was. just curious.

i wonder if the details of the supposed mental illness will come out. i also think you could easily work with and 'know' a person with a mental illness and not be terribly suspect. there are a lot of different types of mental illness and some are not so easily detectable, while others can be concealed pretty well with medications. hrmmmm.....

I think I figured out how to approve your post! Can you see it? The one about the chainsaw I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post

she was a nurse? someone that i used to know (i've had that song stuck in my head all day) do you know what kind of nurse she was. just curious.

All the articles call her an 'ex-nurse'. Not an unemployed one. I wonder what happened there.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

Welcome! So Sorry you lost a friend in this way. Horrific! Anyway, welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I will ask my friend tomorrow what kind of nurse she was, and if she has any insight as to why she wasnt one anymore.

Heres my theory of what happened, and I could be way off on this...

Ramsay (the deceased) worked at Allstate for a while, selling insurance. Strangely, the Dad dies suddenly "at home", Ramsay told me it was a massive heart attack or something to that effect. But wouldnt it be easy for an experienced Nurse/ex-nurse to know how to cause this kind of death (like slip meds in his food or something)? Mom gets life insurance money. Then, Mom burns house down to get more insurance money. Ramsay knows something about this scam. They get into a fight, he threatens to turn her in. Then there you go, she kills him so he wont.

Thats my "been watching too much CSI" mindset going, lol.

Either way, I will get back with the answers tomorrow. Im still in shock over this whole thing. Im interested to hear the details of what happened and at the same time dreading it.

Darnit!! Its moderating my post again!!

Is there something I am doing wrong to make the site keep filtering me, or is it just because Im new?

Thread Information