Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1699

Thread: Jahi McMath (13) died for real five years after she was declared brain dead following surgery complications

omg blighted, it's comical how my household will turn any situation into a Frozen sing a long.

This morning it was "he's a bit of a fixer upper" when Aidan had crazy bedhead and a wonk eye.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    omg blighted, it's comical how my household will turn any situation into a Frozen sing a long.

This morning it was "he's a bit of a fixer upper" when Aidan had crazy bedhead and a wonk eye.
    Am I the only one who hasn't seen Frozen?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I was so drunk when I watched it and thought I loved it. Then someone was like 'really, even the snowman charatcer?" and I was like 'what snowman character?" and they were like 'it was one of the main characters' and then I realized I have no idea if I liked Frozen or not.

There is a fast metal group that did a version of let it go. Hubs found it, daughter and I prefer original. On Topic....why are most of the pics of her hands. They should do a complete pic if she is getting better, as they say. I want lobster too, gonna go start a go fund me.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    No.
    I haven't seen it either.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I haven't seen it. I'm just regularly tortured with it because my kids know I hate Disney princesses. They also draw Gacey-like clown pictures & leave them on my pillow

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    There is a fast metal group that did a version of let it go. Hubs found it, daughter and I prefer original. On Topic....why are most of the pics of her hands. They should do a complete pic if she is getting better, as they say. I want lobster too, gonna go start a go fund me.
    As soon as I saw "hands" & "lobster" my brain did this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-son-says.html

(Its not really o/t - this is devolving into a freakshow)

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    As soon as I saw "hands" & "lobster" my brain did this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-son-says.html

(Its not really o/t - this is devolving into a freakshow)
    and now im sucked into reading sideshow freak stories
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Nope. I'm not really into children movies. All my kids are grown. I do want to see it. I adore Shrek, all 4 movies, although the last one kind of sucked.

I'm not ashamed to admit I liked frozen, even the snowman character. Though I was a tad put off by sexy Disney princess with Angelinaa jolieslit in her dress and sassy walk to match.

anytime I start harping on something stupid, J starts belting out Let it Go and I just start laughing. So, there's that.

Yea, I didnt get why she needed the sexy dress and kitten heels. My daughter (8) was all, why does she have on so much makeup. I love Olaf and Sven

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    On Topic....why are most of the pics of her hands. They should do a complete pic if she is getting better, as they say.
    But didn't you see where "she" crossed her legs and "she" was trying to get out of bed? <--- them not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Jahi McMath: Attorney shows video he says proves Oakland girl moves feet, hands at mother's commands

SAN FRANCISCO -- New videos of Jahi McMath released by a family attorney Thursday show the limbs of the 13-year-old brain dead girl moving after her mother asks her to move them.

Attorney Christopher Dolan showed the clips, a photograph of Jahi reportedly taken Thursday and an MRI scan from last month to journalists, saying they are evidence the Oakland teenager is showing signs of life.

This comes as Dolan has filed court documents asking a judge to reconsider a ruling last year by the court and three separate doctors that Jahi is brain dead following a surgery mishap at an Oakland hospital in December. On Friday, Dolan plans to file in Alameda County Superior Court the evidence he's amassed.

Two brief videos, shown on TV screens at Dolan's Market Street office, were filmed within the past month with family, Dolan and neurologists looking on, Dolan said. He insisted they were not doctored in any way and didn't allow reporters or photographers to videotape the event.

Experts say Jahi's recovery would be nothing short of a miracle, explaining that unlike a coma, brain death is the loss of all brain function, a universally accepted form of death.

In the first video Dolan showed Thursday, Jahi, who has been on various machines giving her nutrients and oxygen since December, is shown on a hospital bed with signs posted one wall. Her toenails are painted. Except for her head and feet, she is covered in blankets. Her mother, Nailah Winkfield, is at her side and asks Jahi to move her foot.

"Kick your foot Jahi," Winkfield said. "Move your foot. Come on, Jahi, we are watching. I see you wiggling your toes. Come on, Jahi you can do it. Try your hardest. I see you move your toes."

About 40 seconds later, her right foot twists upward.

"Very good Jahi. I'm proud of you," her mother can be heard saying.

In a second video, Jahi's hand moves four seconds after her mother asks her to move it and then it moves for a second time after Winkfield asks her to move it harder. Then the camera zooms out to show Winkfield standing by Jahi, whose eyes are closed. The video is about 40 seconds long.

Medical experts have said it's possible for brain dead patients to sporadically move limbs, but Dolan said that is not the case with Jahi, who he said is moving specific body parts after being commanded to do so. She also moves when listening to her favorite artist Chris Brown or when she is too cold inside her room, he said.

"That's Jahi moving her own foot. It's not a spastic activity," Dolan said.

"It shows she can rapidly respond to a command ... it's not a fluke," said Phillip DeFina, the chairman of the International Brain Research Foundation.

Tests and examinations of Jahi have been performed at Rutgers University in New Jersey with brain researchers and neurologists reviewing and performing them, Dolan said. Those working with the International Brain Research Foundation include Elena Labkovsky, who performed an EEG on Jahi, Cuban neurologist Dr. Calixto Machado and Dr. Charles Prestigiacomo, chair of the department of neurological surgery at Rutgers.

DeFina, who joined Thursday's presentation by video, said an MRI shows Jahi's brain is intact and that there is blood flow to it. He said tests show Jahi does not fit the criteria for brain death, though he would not say if that means she is in a persistent vegetated state or some other state.

Three doctors declared Jahi brain dead after she went into cardiac arrest following a complex series of operations to remove her tonsils and tissue from her nose and throat at UCSF Children's Hospital Oakland. After taking the hospital to court to prevent doctors there from removing her from machines, the family won the right to take Jahi out of the facility and she left Jan. 3.

Until Thursday, neither Dolan nor the family would confirm reports that Jahi had been in New Jersey since leaving Oakland. Jahi, according to Dolan, is living in a house in New Jersey with her mother, stepfather Marvin Winkfield and younger sister, along with caretakers who tend for her around the clock. The Garden State has a law allowing patients and their families the right to reject a medical diagnosis of brain death on religious grounds.

Dolan said he is working on an application to revoke an Alameda County Coroner's Office death certificate for Jahi. Such action would be first for the state, state officials said.

It could also mean a significant change in compensation for the family. There is a cap of $250,000 on medical malpractice lawsuits involving children who die as a result of surgery. For patients who survive surgery but are injured as a result, a hospital could end up paying a much larger sum that would include paying for the patient's future medical care needs.

If Dolan is successful, Jahi could return to California and receive care.

"She wants to come home," he said. "She's been exiled."

An Oct. 9 hearing is set between attorneys for Jahi's family, UCSF Children's Hospital Oakland and Alameda County.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/brea...he-says-proves

So, mom has learned what body parts on this poor dead childs body will involuntarily move. I mean mom has nothing to do beside stare at her all day she's going to learn these involuntary ticks(?).

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Has anyone seen the video or have a link to it? This image on the article supposedly taken only a couple days ago is the first one without something covering her eyes, and call me suspicious but she looks plumper in the cheeks than in the previous stream of images showing her lips and things. I believe it's an old photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble Gum View Post
    Has anyone seen the video or have a link to it? This image on the article supposedly taken only a couple days ago is the first one without something covering her eyes, and call me suspicious but she looks plumper in the cheeks than in the previous stream of images showing her lips and things. I believe it's an old photo.
    I couldn't find the video, sorry. I side eyed that pic too. These people are gross and anything they put into the media is nothing but bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

According to the article above, the attorney isn't allowing any media/news to video tape or take pictures of the video so I'm gonna say that it's not gonna get out to the public to analyze... not surprising.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

what the fuck is the point then? i have a bonafide video of bigfoot, but fuck all if i'm going to release it to the public. i swear to god (whom i also have a saved voicemail from) it's true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/girls-fa...-death-ruling/
    SAN FRANCISCO -- The family of a California teenager who was declared brain-dead after suffering complications from sleep apnea surgery is seeking an unprecedented court order declaring her alive, the family's lawyer said Thursday.

Attorney Chris Dolan said doctors at the non-profit International Brain Research Foundation have found signs of brain functions after running a series of tests on the girl at Rutgers University last week.

The discovery came months after three doctors, including one appointed by a judge, declared Jahi McMath, 13, brain dead and Alameda County issued a death certificate after her Dec. 9 surgery went awry.

Play VIDEO
    Brain-dead teen, Jahi McMath, released from hospital to mother
    Since then, Jahi's mother has pushed for keeping her daughter's organs functioning on life support, first at Children's Hospital in Oakland and later at an undisclosed medical facility in New Jersey. In June, CBS station KPIX 5 reported that McMath was in a Catholic children's hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey.

Dolan said Jahi and her parents moved to a house in New Jersey about a month ago where the girl remains on life support.

On Thursday, Dolan showed video clips to a small group of reporters that he says proves Jahi is still alive. One clip shows her twitching her foot after her mother asks her to move it. Another shows hand movement in apparent response to her mother's commands.

Philip DeFina, chief executive and chief scientific officer of the International Brain Research Foundation, said Jahi has responded to commands many other times.

"There is a consistency to it," said DeFina said.

DeFina said an examination of Jahi also revealed that her brain was still intact, rather than "liquefying" as would be expected if a brain-dead body was kept on life-support for many months.

DeFina also said brain scans showed electrical activity, and other tests showed blood flowing to the brain.

Arthur Caplan, head of medical ethics at New York University's Langone Medical Center, said he knows of no cases of a brain death determination being reversed. He cautioned that the data collected on Jahi has to be examined by other researchers and experts in the field before any conclusions can be made.

"Were this to be true, it would be an earth-shattering development in understanding death," Caplan said. "They're playing a high-stakes game."

Lawyers for the University of California, San Francisco Benioff Children's Hospital said the evidence in Jahi's case still supports the determination that she is legally dead.

"This is a sad situation where the court made the correct determination that Jahi McMath was dead," hospital attorney Douglas Strauss stated in court papers. "There is no factual basis or legal justification for requiring those involved to endure re-litigation of that properly reached determination."

After the December surgery, Jahi began bleeding heavily and went into cardiac arrest. She was declared brain-dead Dec. 12.

Her mother and other family members refuse to believe the girl is dead as long as her heart is beating. They went to court last winter seeking an order to prevent the hospital from removing a respirator and feeding tube.

The two sides reached an agreement allowing Jahi to be transferred if her mother assumed responsibility for further complications. She was removed from Children's Hospital on Jan. 5, less than two days before an injunction that would have allowed the hospital to remove the equipment.

A court hearing has been scheduled for Oct. 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Even if this somehow turned out to be that somehow, despite all odds, this kid was NOT brain dead ( which I highly doubt, especially with all the shady measures taken), what kind of life would Jahi be coming back to? Her body must have mostly atrophied by now as shown in the images.....I don't know. This whole thing is cruel.

Youtube videos of Jahi

OMFG. Jahi's toes. ewww

Just have to post what somebody wrote in the comment section

Watch closely, at 0:41 you can see the glint of what appears to be that clear fishing line. It looks like someone was pulling on it to get the foot to move.
    I don't know how to save videos before they are deleted. Maybe somebody else can because I bet the mom will remove these today.

Last edited by bermstalker; 10-04-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Some of the MDS's members called it early on!!!!

Jahi, a 13-year-old Oakland girl who was declared brain-dead last year following surgery for sleep apnea, has been at an undisclosed location in New Jersey the past nine months. Her family and a San Francisco attorney filed in Alameda County Superior Court this week to have her determination of brain-death overturned so she can return to California, possibly becoming eligible for publicly-financed care.

“It took me some months to fight with (the decision), because if she doesn’t (show signs of brain activity), what will I do?” Nailah Winkfield told reporters Friday at the office of her attorney, Chris Dolan. “But I knew, because I’m her mother, and I talk to her and she responds … I will never give up on her.”

If a judge does overturn Jahi’s brain-dead determination, the move would be almost unprecedented in the legal and medical establishment and call into question the very definition of death, Dolan said.

Dolan showed a few flashes of anger at the press conference when asked by reporters if the video was a hoax or publicity stunt, or if he or the family is motivated by money.

“There are some people who have darkness in their hearts,” he said. “People have been very critical of this family and myself. They say we’re trying to pull a hoax. We’re not. … This is no ruse. This is the truth.”

Winkfield said she’s been living in New Jersey with Jahi since January, when the family moved the girl from Children’s Hospital Oakland. She wants to move Jahi back to California because it’s Jahi’s home, and so Winkfield can be closer to her other three children, one of whom is expecting a baby, she said.

“Of all my children, Jahi is the strongest,” Winkfield said. “She is Jahi McMath. She’s not ‘that brain-dead girl from California.’ She is not a corpse.”

Winkfield’s brother, Omari Sealey, was also at the press conference, along with Jahi’s grandmother.

When asked why the family wants to bring her back to California, Sealey said, “She’s fine, and we want her back.”

http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2014/10/...deos-released/
    De Fina said his nonprofit organization paid for the evaluations, receiving the Medicare rate, and recruited the other experts, among them Dr. Calixto Machado, a neurological researcher in Cuba and member of the American Academy of Neurology who has written extensively on brain death and adheres to the definition accepted by the medical establishment.

Dolan has asked Grillo’s court to overturn the brain death determination, but the judge has raised questions about whether he has the jurisdiction, since 60 days had passed with no appeal. He scheduled a hearing for Oct. 9.

The girl's family has been living in New Jersey but wants to return to Calfornia, where with a death declaration she would likely not be accepted for care at any hospital, nor would costs of care be covered.

Arthur Caplan, director of the division of medical ethics at New York University Langone Medical Center, cautioned that the verdict is still out, saying some neurons can still fire in brain death, and that the youth of Jahi when declared brain-dead could mean her body is withstanding beyond what is normally expected.

“Brain death is loss of integrated functioning, not loss of every neuron firing,” he said.

The matter is not likely to be settled by an Alameda County court, he added, but by renewed conversations in the medical field.

“I think you have to be very careful,” he added, “because just as with any big public policy issue, trust around being certain that your loved one has died, if you try to undermine that, you’re going to cause a tremendous amount of uncertainty, grief, worry on the part of millions and millions of people.”

Rebecca Dresser, professor of law and ethics in medicine at Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, said the new test data would have to be fully vetted.

But if they bear out, it could mean the initial determinations were made in error, she said, “or it shows that medical authorities don’t know everything about brain death, that there may be cases that seem to fit the medical criteria where people are actually not brain-dead.”http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...002-story.html
    Last edited by bermstalker; 10-04-2014 at 02:50 AM.

There's an image of an MRI in this clip. Don't know for sure it's hers, it's implied that is (I also don't know shit about brain scans so will leave that to anyone who does)

Thread Information