Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Casserly (22) was found dead in the exterior compartment of an RV almost six months after he went missing

Kevin Casserly (22) was found dead in the exterior compartment of an RV almost six months after he went missing

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...e_went_missing

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindkevincasserly

https://www.facebook.com/RapidsSAR/p...208020173904:0

Authorities are searching for a 22-year-old Anoka man who was last seen more than two weeks ago and who is believed to be dead.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension issued a missing-person alert early Saturday for Kevin Casserly. He was last heard from Nov. 11, said Casserly's sister, Alexandra.

On Saturday, search parties of up to 120 people scoured parks and wooded areas in the Anoka area, as well as the Coon Rapids Dam, the Anoka County Fairgrounds, Greenhaven Golf Course in Anoka and along the Mississippi and Rum rivers.

"It's not a search to look for evidence," Alexandra Casserly, 25, said. "They are looking for Kevin; it's a body search."

The BCA said Kevin Casserly's car was found in Anoka, which his sister said was at a location not far from his apartment. She said police told her the keys were not in the car.

Casserly called his mom Nov. 11 saying he had the flu and had called in sick to work. He was last seen the following morning at 7:30 a.m., although his sister said detectives didn't give her any further details about who he was with or who saw him.
    Casserly has multiple convictions, including four felonies, according to the BCA. His sister said he previously used methamphetamine but "he has been staying on the clear and narrow."

On Nov. 12, Casserly's mother went to his apartment, where he lives alone, to check on him, Alexandra Casserly said. His mom found his apartment door slightly open and all of his belongings intact, including his cellphone and wallet. A $20 bill was on the kitchen table.

"He left his paycheck at work and things he could pawn at home," his sister said. "A lot of things don't make sense."

She said Casserly doesn't own any weapons and "nothing right now has led us to believe he's having a relapse."

Casserly works as a materials handler and trainer at Lakeland Tool & Engineering in Anoka. He was excited about recently being promoted, his sister said.

"It's kind of a tough time," said Casserly's grandmother, Esther Chrzanak.

Casserly has a 6-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter who live with Chrzanak.

"They don't know anything about (his disappearance)," she said.
    The children's 24-year-old mother is a recovering addict, Alexandra Casserly said, and is not as involved in their life as their father is.

She said Kevin Casserly didn't want his children to fall prone to his past habits, so he took them to dance and karate lessons three times a week.

"To just disappear like this ... he wouldn't do it," she said. "He wouldn't disappear without checking in on his kids."

Another search party is being organized for Sunday. Searchers will walk along East River Road and along the Mississippi, as well as north into the Fridley and Blaine areas, Alexandra Casserly said. Details will be posted on the "Help Find Kevin Casserly" Facebook page.

Casserly is Caucasian, with brown hair and brown eyes. He is 6 feet 1 inch tall, weighs 140 to 160 pounds and has a chipped front tooth. He often wears a baseball hat with a silver chain.

The BCA is working with Anoka police to find Casserly. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call police at 763-427-1212.

Why do they believe he is dead? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

A dozen friends heading to the Kentucky Derby for a bachelor party discovered a dead body en route to the Run for the Roses.
    The group was headed to Churchill Downs Thursday when they stopped off in Winona, Minn., and made the grim discovery, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.
    The groom and his pals had started out in the Twin Cities and stopped off in Winona to pick up a few more partygoers when they found a body in an exterior compartment of the RV they had rented.
    Jake Wanek, of Minneapolis, told the newspaper the first hint of trouble came when someone opened one side of the compartment and there was a foul odor. He said when someone opened the other side he saw the body. It “didn’t look fresh. Let’s put it that way,” he said.
    The body has since been identified as 22-year-old Kevin Casserly of Anoka, Minn. Casserly had been missing since November.
    No information on the cause of death has been released.
    A member of the group, John Kirk, told the Star Tribune that the RV’s owner had cautioned against opening the front compartments because they didn’t work.
    Groom-to-be Dan Trainor, of Rochester, told the newspaper that the whole episode “was like we were in the middle of a movie.”
    The friends made new plans to return to Minneapolis to watch the Derby on TV at Canterbury Park.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/03/bachelo...-corpse-in-rv/

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    A dozen friends heading to the Kentucky Derby for a bachelor party discovered a dead body en route to the Run for the Roses.
    The group was headed to Churchill Downs Thursday when they stopped off in Winona, Minn., and made the grim discovery, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.
    The groom and his pals had started out in the Twin Cities and stopped off in Winona to pick up a few more partygoers when they found a body in an exterior compartment of the RV they had rented.
    Jake Wanek, of Minneapolis, told the newspaper the first hint of trouble came when someone opened one side of the compartment and there was a foul odor. He said when someone opened the other side he saw the body. It “didn’t look fresh. Let’s put it that way,” he said.
    The body has since been identified as 22-year-old Kevin Casserly of Anoka, Minn. Casserly had been missing since November.
    No information on the cause of death has been released.
    A member of the group, John Kirk, told the Star Tribune that the RV’s owner had cautioned against opening the front compartments because they didn’t work.
    Groom-to-be Dan Trainor, of Rochester, told the newspaper that the whole episode “was like we were in the middle of a movie.”
    The friends made new plans to return to Minneapolis to watch the Derby on TV at Canterbury Park.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/03/bachelo...-corpse-in-rv/

What THE FUCK???

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...mpartment-idd/

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Investigators have identified the body that was found in a compartment of a rented RV on Friday in Winona, Minn. as an Anoka man who’s been missing since last November.

According to the Anoka County Sheriff’s office, 22-year-old Kevin Casserly was found by 10 friends who had rented an RV from a man in Anoka.

While on a road trip to the Kentucky Derby, the friends noticed a foul smell when they were pulled over in a Winona parking lot. They opened an outside compartment and found Casserly’s body.

“It’s very bizarre,” Mackenzie Gifford, a longtime friend of Kevin Casserly’s, said. “I’ve gone over the story about 40 times and it’s still not adding up.”

Casserly was a father of two who was last seen on Nov. 12 near the Anoka Northstar Station.

A number of community wide searched were held last fall.

His family said he has struggled with methamphetamine addiction in the past, even spent some time in prison, but was in active recovery.

“He has not had the best past, but people change, and I believe he changed, and I believe someone had something to do with it,” said Gifford.

One of the men who had rented the RV says the owner explicitly told him not to open the compartment where Casserly was found.

Authorities have not revealed the identity of the RV owner, and are continuing to investigate.

Investigators have not commented on whether they think someone was involved in Casserly’s death.

A vigil will be held Sunday for Casserly at the Anoka Northstar Station at 6 p.m.

Poor kids. R.I.P Kevin

From websleuths - body hiding fail if true:

I am close to this case...what is being said is that there are people of interest being investigated. The children's mother was/is dating a man who is in the violent motorcycle club called "Themadones". The mother of the children also has an infant from this other guy. Apparently, the mother took the kids trick or treating with Kevin last Halloween. The other guy wasn't happy about it. The mother was at my mother-in-law's house a few weeks ago and this known criminal/potential murderer showed up and demanded to see his daughter. While he was there, he asked the kids' grandmother (after a heated argument) "How is your son-in-law, have you found him yet? I made sure you would never find the body". The kids' mother is now putting a restraining order on this guy and he is the #1 person of interest. But without a body, there most likely will never be an arrest or conviction. It is a case of jealousy...such a tragedy...

Saying "Don't open this compartment" is like saying "Open this compartment".

It sounds like something straight from the movies: 10 college friends celebrating a bachelor party with a road trip to the Kentucky Derby when they find a dead body in a rented RV.
    After Dan Trainor and his friends rented the RV Thursday from a man in Anoka none of them knew personally, they headed south. That?s when they pulled off into the Shopko parking lot in Winona to make sure they were all packed up and ready to go.
    But when packing, a friend noticed a foul smell from an outside front compartment and asked Trainor to take a look.
    ?So I opened it up, and I saw the legs,? Trainor said. ?And my mouth just dropped. So I just kind of closed it, turned around and said, ?That?s a body.??
    Winona police responded to the scene, and investigators in Anoka County are now also working the case.

Police still aren?t saying who owned the RV, but the warning the group got from its owner has a whole new meaning now.
    ?He did mention not to open that hatch, and what that means I don?t know,? Trainor said.
    The story has taken on a life of its own on Twitter. The hashtag #CorpseInTheCargoBay chronicles everything that?s happened so far.
    The friends didn?t want to appear on camera, not wanting the circumstances of their trip to distract from the death of whomever they found.
    ?We knew we were going to have some stories coming back, but didn?t really think it would end up like this,? Trainor said.
    Winona police are keeping all of the guys? belongings locked in the RV until the autopsy on the body is complete next week.
    The group said their trip is canceled and that they?ll be watching the Kentucky Derby Saturday at Canterbury Park in Shakopee.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...-anoka-county/

From websleuths - body hiding fail if true:

I am close to this case...what is being said is that there are people of interest being investigated. The children's mother was/is dating a man who is in the violent motorcycle club called "Themadones". The mother of the children also has an infant from this other guy. Apparently, the mother took the kids trick or treating with Kevin last Halloween. The other guy wasn't happy about it. The mother was at my mother-in-law's house a few weeks ago and this known criminal/potential murderer showed up and demanded to see his daughter. While he was there, he asked the kids' grandmother (after a heated argument) "How is your son-in-law, have you found him yet? I made sure you would never find the body". The kids' mother is now putting a restraining order on this guy and he is the #1 person of interest. But without a body, there most likely will never be an arrest or conviction. It is a case of jealousy...such a tragedy...
    Well, I guess he made sure she didn't find it, but he forgot to make arrangements for concealing his crimes from the rest of the world.

(I was reading that OMC name as "theema-doans" when it's obviously the.mad.ones, so I'm clearly in no position to poke too much fun at Mr Clever)

#CorpseInTheCargoBay Sorry

Here's the guy that found the body and his twitter
    https://twitter.com/dtrainor4

And another one of the guy's
    https://twitter.com/AJ_Schneider

It was a bachelor party.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 05-04-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Saying "Don't open this compartment" is like saying "Open this compartment".

It sounds like something straight from the movies: 10 college friends celebrating a bachelor party with a road trip to the Kentucky Derby when they find a dead body in a rented RV.
    After Dan Trainor and his friends rented the RV Thursday from a man in Anoka none of them knew personally, they headed south. That?s when they pulled off into the Shopko parking lot in Winona to make sure they were all packed up and ready to go.
    But when packing, a friend noticed a foul smell from an outside front compartment and asked Trainor to take a look.
    ?So I opened it up, and I saw the legs,? Trainor said. ?And my mouth just dropped. So I just kind of closed it, turned around and said, ?That?s a body.??
    Winona police responded to the scene, and investigators in Anoka County are now also working the case.

Police still aren?t saying who owned the RV, but the warning the group got from its owner has a whole new meaning now.
    ?He did mention not to open that hatch, and what that means I don?t know,? Trainor said.
    The story has taken on a life of its own on Twitter. The hashtag #CorpseInTheCargoBay chronicles everything that?s happened so far.
    The friends didn?t want to appear on camera, not wanting the circumstances of their trip to distract from the death of whomever they found.
    ?We knew we were going to have some stories coming back, but didn?t really think it would end up like this,? Trainor said.
    Winona police are keeping all of the guys? belongings locked in the RV until the autopsy on the body is complete next week.
    The group said their trip is canceled and that they?ll be watching the Kentucky Derby Saturday at Canterbury Park in Shakopee.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...-anoka-county/

"The friends didn't want to appear on camera," Yeah? Because they didn't want " the circumstances of their trip to distract from the death of whomever they found"., or because

I don't think bachelor party guy and his buddies are in any outlaw motorcycle gangs- they look as wholesome as apple pie.

Last edited by *crickets*; 05-04-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post

I don't think bachelor party guy and his buddies are in any outlaw motorcycle gangs- they look as wholesome as apple pie.

Exactly. A guy who might have killed him (& who may or may not also be the RV owner) is in Themadones though - see Olivia's quote from WS. The bachelor party boys already opened a compartment he told them not to touch & ruined the perfect(sarcasm) murder. I expect he got I.D off the driver so the club may already have the name & address of at least one of the guys who disobeyed a direction & then blabbed & brought all this shit down.

OMC's down here are often involved in vehicle sales & rentals, so these guys might've even rented from a club-owned business & not just from a guy with links to the club.

Either way, I reckon they might try to lie low & avoid poking anyone with connections to an OMC with anymore sticks than they already have, because it tends to not end well.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-06-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: removed a "mu" that appeared from nowhere

This is local for me so I've been seeing lots of news on this.

But seriously, how could you not think about the fact that a body would stink? Also the fact that there is a motorcycle gang in rural/suburban Minnesota makes me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalePonytail View Post

But seriously, how could you not think about the fact that a body would stink? Also the fact that there is a motorcycle gang in rural/suburban Minnesota makes me lol.
    You guys don't have them in the burbs & rural areas? I'm jealous. They're everywhere here. EVERYWHERE!!

They've all got city clubhouses so that they're close to the biggest customer base for drug sales, tattoo shop income etc, but there's branches in every region of every state, usually on acreage in the bush so they can set up shooting ranges for firearms training & party where it's too isolated for the police to turn up.

No town is spared.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    You guys don't have them in the burbs & rural areas? I'm jealous. They're everywhere here. EVERYWHERE!!

They've all got city clubhouses so that they're close to the biggest customer base for drug sales, tattoo shop income etc, but there's branches in every region of every state, usually on acreage in the bush so they can set up shooting ranges for firearms training & party where it's too isolated for the police to turn up.

No town is spared.
    I am also potentially very naive about said motorcycle gangs :)

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    "The friends didn't want to appear on camera," Yeah? Because they didn't want " the circumstances of their trip to distract from the death of whomever they found"., or because

I can't help but read this as all one word- the Themadones.
    And then I think the Nematodes..

Last edited by *crickets*; 05-05-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    I can't help but read this as all one word- the Themadones. And then I think the Nematodes..
    ...are you making a Doug reference?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    ...are you making a Doug reference?

cartoon nematodes- from SpongeBob (real-life nematodes are NOT cute btw)
    Last edited by *crickets*; 05-05-2014 at 06:15 PM.

I suppose I can appreciate this as well.

Doug
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

How cold does it get? Could the body have frozen and just started to stink now as it's getting warmer?

How cold does it get? Could the body have frozen and just started to stink now as it's getting warmer?
    While we did have an insanely cold winter, we have had enough warm days that it would have started smelling close to a month ago, thats what I would assume at least.

His family is glad that they now have his remains, and he is home. His sister was speaking on the news holding a box with his ashes :( Very sad.

While we did have an insanely cold winter, we have had enough warm days that it would have started smelling close to a month ago, thats what I would assume at least.

His family is glad that they now have his remains, and he is home. His sister was speaking on the news holding a box with his ashes :( Very sad.
    I don't know a lot about RV's and their compartments (and google didn't help me) but is it possible he crawled into the compartment and closed the door behind him and got stuck inside? Or do you think someone crammed him in there?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I don't know a lot about RV's and their compartments (and google didn't help me) but is it possible he crawled into the compartment and closed the door behind him and got stuck inside? Or do you think someone crammed him in there?
    I suppose this is possible. But, only if they find junk in his system. They eluded that he had had a checkered past, but that he had straightened up. He seemed like he was pretty well established. I doubt that he went on a bender and crawled in because if he had "relapsed " (as they said) he would have taken his phone, wallet, stuff to pawn etc. The fact that all of those items were left behind spells foul play to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

So he's already been cremated? Have they released the cause of death yet?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So he's already been cremated? Have they released the cause of death yet?
    Yes, and I don't think so, unless I haven't paid enough attention to the news stories.

Thread Information