Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Death Count

Black Friday Death Count

Only 4 deaths? I'm amazed
    Last edited by M Joy; 11-26-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: A huge 4 and I still only saw 3. doh

That's why I do my shopping online..Fuck that craziness..

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Huh? What does this mean? What does Black Friday have to do with shopping? Is this some obscure American cultural/capitalist festival?

Down here Black Friday always & only = Friday 13th (unless a MAJOR bushfire disaster falls on a Friday, so far I think there's a Black Saturday & Black Wednesday). But Black Friday's nothing remarkable unless you're one of those types that get jittery if you step on a cracked black cat with a broken mirror.

Spose it would've been quicker to google than type all that, but I just know the MDS answer is gonna be better than Wiki ...

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Huh? What does this mean? What does Black Friday have to do with shopping? Is this some obscure American cultural/capitalist festival?

Down here Black Friday always & only = Friday 13th (unless a MAJOR bushfire disaster falls on a Friday, so far I think there's a Black Saturday & Black Wednesday). But Black Friday's nothing remarkable unless you're one of those types that get jittery if you step on a cracked black cat with a broken mirror.

Spose it would've been quicker to google than type all that, but I just know the MDS answer is gonna be better than Wiki ...
    Since it is the start of the profitable Holiday Shopping season, Black Friday in this context means the day that stores stop running in the red ink (debt/loss) and start running in the black (profit).

Mine definition is booooring!!! One day I will tell you about a few of my favorite shopping experiences on Black Fridays past... One involved fur flying - literally.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Since it is the start of the profitable Holiday Shopping season, Black Friday in this context means the day that stores stop running in the red ink (debt/loss) and start running in the black (profit).

Mine definition is booooring!!! One day I will tell you about a few of my favorite shopping experiences on Black Fridays past... One involved fur flying - literally.

Ahh. So do they have crazy sales & stuff where people line up at dawn & beat old ladies & small children to death just to get through the sliding glass doors & into the shoe dept first? We have that insanity on Boxing Day for the post-Xmas sales. I don't know why they show scenes on the news every year - it's shameful & downright frightening. Is yours that kind of insanity?

Ahh. So do they have crazy sales & stuff where people line up at dawn & beat old ladies & small children to death just to get through the sliding glass doors & into the shoe dept first? We have that insanity on Boxing Day for the post-Xmas sales. I don't know why they show scenes on the news every year - it's shameful & downright frightening. Is yours that kind of insanity?
    I forget what state but there's a couple of nutjobs that have been camping out in front of a Best Buy since last Thursday. And by camping out I mean, yes, sleeping in a tent on the sidewalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I'll be safely at work on this Black Friday. People are crazy and they scare me.

I'd much rather buy my Xbox One at full price than be trampled to death.
    Last edited by Nomad; 11-27-2013 at 05:59 AM.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'll be safely at work on this Black Friday. People are crazy and they scare me.

I'd much rather buy my Xbox One at full price than be trampled to death.
    http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...ckfridaymyths/

http://www.cracked.com/article_19572...o-believe.html

I just wait for all the cyber Monday deals. They are usually better, and you don't have to carry around a whole bunch of bags just waiting to be robbed.

Tons of surveys and studies have been done which prove black friday is a hoax, and that most of these deals are offered throughout the holiday season. It's a crock.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Yes, its insane. I did a couple when I was younger and It finally dawned that I had wasted a lot of time with crazy people for a discounted scarf. Of course, this was before true online shopping and so maybe it made a little bit of sense then. I think there was a trampling death last year when on of the Wal-Marts opened.
    And people camp out in tents for days or weeks as posted above. NO THANKS!

I thought Black Friday was the day after Thanksgiving? Never heard of this red/black profit stuff....always just known that the Friday after Thanksgiving, people start shopping at midnight and super early in the morning, since stores have crazy good prices. Never gone, never will. Too many people, long lines, and too early for me. I don't work the next day, so I'm sleeping in!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    I forget what state but there's a couple of nutjobs that have been camping out in front of a Best Buy since last Thursday. And by camping out I mean, yes, sleeping in a tent on the sidewalk.
    I read on the local news this morning some boys went to Best Buys dressed up like grizzly bears and were ripping into peoples tents that were camping in line. Amazing.

On a side note I did black friday three years ago and got an amazing bedding set for a couple bucks at target

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I thought Black Friday was the day after Thanksgiving? Never heard of this red/black profit stuff....always just known that the Friday after Thanksgiving, people start shopping at midnight and super early in the morning, since stores have crazy good prices. Never gone, never will. Too many people, long lines, and too early for me. I don't work the next day, so I'm sleeping in!
    Good explanation here:

http://www.davemanuel.com/investor-d.../black-friday/

I think the origin of the term has been lost in the hoopla.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Yeah, black friday got it's name from retailers profit margin. Way back when, it would get their profit margin from the red (bad/low) into the black (good/high).
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

By the way I find that death count faulty. I read about at least 4 each year

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    I read on the local news this morning some boys went to Best Buys dressed up like grizzly bears and were ripping into peoples tents that were camping in line. Amazing.

On a side note I did black friday three years ago and got an amazing bedding set for a couple bucks at target
    I'm surprised no one shot them, and tried to claim they thought they were REAL bears.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

You will never catch me Black Friday shopping. If I was so poor that I would have to CAMP OUT for days to save money on Christmas gifts, I think my family would understand if I just told them it had been a hard year and they were getting homemade shit from me.

You dont necessarily have to camp out or be poor. I went shopping on black friday but around noon after the madness was over. I got nintendo wii the year they came out for $50, a king bedding set for $10 and clothes and things for my laptop for like $5 a piece. The key is to go in the morning, not the night before. Things are picked over but you can still find really good deals. You only camp out at night if you want the $100 flatscreen

Now I get it! I didn't know it was Thanksgiving. So this is basically like the Xmas sale ridiculousness that we have down here?

& that bear suit story is HILARIOUS. They must've filmed it surely? Will have a look& see what I can find...

ETA

Yep, I get it now, so far there's nothing like the pepper-spray footage of previous years, but here's some of this year's shopping joy

Yeah. I think I'll withdraw my naive & foolish comparison to our post-xmas sales. We're completely fucking tame by comparison?!

Yay consumerism!!
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-27-2013 at 04:02 PM.

You dont necessarily have to camp out or be poor. I went shopping on black friday but around noon after the madness was over. I got nintendo wii the year they came out for $50, a king bedding set for $10 and clothes and things for my laptop for like $5 a piece. The key is to go in the morning, not the night before. Things are picked over but you can still find really good deals. You only camp out at night if you want the $100 flatscreen
    Yep. I almost went the morning the guy got stomped out at Walmart, but I fell asleep. I went the next afternoon, and got everything I wanted. But I didn't have any big ticket items. The most expensive thing I had was an external hard drive.

I'll go, but I'm fucking poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I'm fucking poor.
    But you have such a rich heart Ronald

But you have such a rich heart Ronald
    Worthless. Well, unless you rip it out and sell it on the black market. But you better hurry, it's not gonna be good for much longer.

Thread Information