Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Mills (47) was shot by a bar owner after he refused to extinguish his cigarette

Wayne Mills (47) was shot by a bar owner after he refused to extinguish his cigarette

Is it a sad old Hank Williams song? A Kinky Friedman murder-mystery? Nope, it's real-life.

http://news.sky.com/story/1173434/wa...nger-shot-dead
    Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a country music singer in a Nashville bar - reportedly after an argument over the musician lighting up in a no-smoking area.

The bar owner, Chris Ferrell, shot Wayne Mills, 44, in the early hours of Saturday, Tennessee officers said. The Pit And Barrel bar had been closed at that point.

Mills was taken to hospital, but he died there, police said.

Investigators are looking into Ferrell's claim that he opened fire in self-defence.

Ferrell, who has a valid handgun permit, said the two got into an argument because Mills was smoking a cigarette in an area designated as non-smoking.

No arrests have been made.

Mills toured with the Wayne Mills Band, which has played college towns for more than 15 years.

Mills died at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Country music stars Jamey Johnson and Blake Shelton, as well as American Idol winner Taylor Hicks, all opened for the band in their early careers, according to the group's website.

Shelton tweeted: "Extremely sad to hear about the death of my old friend Wayne Mills."

The Pit And Barrel was to have been featured on Sunday on a programme called Bar Rescue on the channel Spike TV, but the cable network decided to pull the episode, running a rerun instead, according to spokeswoman Shana Tepper.

The series features struggling bars and clubs that are given makeovers by a nightclub expert.

Well, unless said passive smoker has a gun & feels that your smoke is a gun pointed at their head ? Then it doesn't kill your loved ones first, you are the one at the top of the list.

It'll suck worse for everyone who cared about him, but this could turn into a major trial if the anti-smoking lobby support the bar owner. At first I thought it was your standard bullshit SYG against an obviously unarmed person , but then I searched for pix & realised just how crazy serious the anti-smoking lobby seems to take the whole passive smoking "threat" these days.

Could this guy have been defending himself against a cancer assault? I thought he was just pissed off he wasn't immedately obeyed, now I'm not so sure ...

I have no idea who this person is. Were they a well known country singer? I absolutely don't do country so I don't know who a lot of them are.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I have no idea who this person is. Were they a well known country singer? I absolutely don't do country so I don't know who a lot of them are.

Nah, just another hick with twang.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Lots happening here

https://m.facebook.com/events/523086567778406?_ft_

http://www.fox54.com/story/24067115/...ng?config=H264
    ARAB, AL (WZDX) - The family of a country music singer and Marshall County native is opening up about their loved one's recent death.

The owner of a bar in Nashville shot Wayne Mills over the weekend. Now, people across the country are sending their condolences. FOX54 spoke with Mills' sister and other relatives, who live in Arab.

"I want the truth and I want this man to be held responsible for his actions," said Mills' sister Paula Lemons.

Lemons wants answers about her brother's death. She wants to know why the owner of the Pit and Barrel, Chris Ferrel, shot and killed her brother.

"I want him to know that in five seconds he changed so many lives that can't be undone," said Lemons.

44-year-old country singer Wayne Mills was shot in the head early Saturday morning. It happened inside the bar in downtown Nashville after the bar was closed. According to police, Mills and Ferrel got into an argument. Police say Ferrel pulled a gun and shot Mills, claiming self-defense.

"I trust God. I don't understand it but I trust God and I know that God loved Wayne more than anyone on this earth," said Lemons.

Family members spent Monday morning grieving and fighting back tears. Paula says she was so proud of her brother being able to fulfill his dreams of playing Alabama football and then becoming a country singer.

"He always wanted to play for Alabama. It was his dream and he made it come true. He was a walk-on and got to play. And then while he was going to Alabama, he starting picking the guitar and he started playing music," said Lemons.

Wayne grew up in Arab. His family tells FOX54 everyone who knew him adored him.

"He was very funny and loved his family and his friends," said Lemons.

The shooting remains under investigation. As of Monday evening, Nashville police have not arrested or charged Chris Ferrel.

Funeral arrangements for Mills are pending. He leaves behind a wife and a son.

As expected, on most articles the comments are a vicious for/against smoking debate with little mention of the person who actually died (except to say it's the government's fault for making everyone hate smokers).

I'm just glad it wasn't one of Kinky's cigars that pissed this wanker off so badly.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-26-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Ugh with the god talk.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Nah, just another hick with twang.
    I hate the twang..I really really do. Like nails on a chalkboard to me.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Wait, SYG was used to shoot a white person!? Holy shit! The people who drafted that legislation are going be PISSED. I mean, I'm sure they knew it would happen eventually, but it still hurts when it actually goes down. You feel me?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I'm guessing there was more to this than the guy wanting to smoke in a non-smoking area.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I'm guessing there was more to this than the guy wanting to smoke in a non-smoking area.
    Another gun nut just wanted to kill someone?

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Ditto...I visualize some sort of argument followed by a "fuck you" gesture by lighting up (bar was closed so directed toward owner/assailant) followed by another altercation then bang.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Another gun nut just wanted to kill someone?
    Perhaps they had schizophrenia

Or they fender bumped his crotch rocket on a Sunday NY gang ride
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Perhaps they had schizophrenia

Or they fender bumped his crotch rocket on a Sunday NY gang ride
    That will get your ass kicked, man.

Wait, SYG was used to shoot a white person!? Holy shit! The people who drafted that legislation are going be PISSED. I mean, I'm sure they knew it would happen eventually, but it still hurts when it actually goes down. You feel me?
    If Obama had a white man as a son..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Sooooo......I guess this means I can shoot anyone driving a car in L.A. in self defense because they're contributing to the smog. Righteous!

people with guns in public places freak me the fuck out. when i think about circumstances in which i might require a gun in a public setting, i come up empty. the public is public. if you don't start shit, chances are you won't need to defend yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    people with guns in public places freak me the fuck out. when i think about circumstances in which i might require a gun in a public setting, i come up empty. the public is public. if you don't start shit, chances are you won't need to defend yourself.
    Because crimes never happen in public places?

With that said, I thought it was the bar owner who had the gun.

There has to be more to this story. You can't just shoot a guy for smoking a cigarette and not be arrested unless we really are reverting to the Wild West.

Reminds me of that scene in Tombstone.

"It was a fair fight. He called me a liar!"
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Because crimes never happen in public places?

With that said, I thought it was the bar owner who had the gun.
    crimes happen in public places, but the ones that result in death are few and far between. more often, the person who is committing the crime is the one who dies - not because they were out to kill anyone though. i don't think robbery merits a death sentence.

a 'good' person with a gun in public is usually the one who ends up killing someone. how does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I love Bar Rescue. I really wish they would have aired this guys episode. cry.

How is that self defense? There had to be an immediate threat for his life. Why not call police? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Why not call police? Ugh.
    but where's the fun in that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Why not call police? Ugh.

Also, WHERE THE FUCK do you live that the average response time is 23 minutes!?!?

Sorry, Detroit.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Is it just me, or is this story one runaway dog and broken down truck away from a country song?

Thread Information