Thread: Barbara Banks (21) stabbed a man to death after he called her 'ugly'

Barbara Banks (21) stabbed a man to death after he called her 'ugly'

Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:54 am
    Richmond Times-Dispatch

RICHMOND -- Barbara Banks killed a drunken man she did not know after he called her ugly and assaulted her repeatedly, authorities said today as Banks pleaded guilty in court.

Authorities said Banks, 21, was walking outside Coalter Street Apartments in the 1300 block of Coalter Street in the city's East End on Feb. 9 about 1 p.m., when Robinson called her ugly and struck her in the head. Robinson, who had a blood-alcohol concentration of more than three times the legal limit, insulted Banks a second time and struck her again, authorities said.

"Wait right there," Banks told her assailant.

Banks told police that she then went inside an apartment, grabbed a knife from the dishwasher and came back outside. When Robinson struck her yet again, she lunged and stabbed him in the chest, causing him to die at the scene of blood loss, according to Richmond prosecutor Anne Lloyd.

Banks' attorney, John W. Luxton, pointed out in court today that his client was cooperative with police. Luxton also said Robinson has a history of assault arrests. Banks will face up to 10 years in prison when she is sentenced Feb. 26. "The commonwealth," Lloyd said, "will be seeking substantial jail time."

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/lo...a4bcf6878.html
    It was the line "wait right there" (while I get my knife from the dishwasher) that got me...

also, she is 6 ft. tall and 230 lbs (from another article)--and cranky as hell. that drunk guy picked the WRONG sista to f**k with.

I hope the judge goes easy on her at sentencing.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    She went inside? Why the hell didn't she just close the door and call the cops?!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

I guess this is not technically self-defense since she, you know, went inside and got a utensil from the dishwasher to kill him with, but at the risk of sounding 6 1/2, HE STARTED IT.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    She went inside? Why the hell didn't she just close the door and call the cops?!
    That's the part I LOVE. "Wait right there, bud. brb WITH A KNIFE TO KILL YOU." He smacked her upside the head-twice! And called her ugly! HE HAD TO DIE.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    That's the part I LOVE. "Wait right there, bud. brb WITH A KNIFE TO KILL YOU." He smacked her upside the head-twice! And called her ugly! HE HAD TO DIE.
    Freaking eh. Once you go find a weapon and come back it's premeditated.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Stupid is awesome as long as you can read about it or observe it from a distance.
    MDS TROLL

Idk. She probably has a history of being bullied and assaulted. As a person who has been called names and was bullied for not fitting into several stereotypes, I can understand when someone just freaks out and wants to beat the crap outta the other one. Or even kill him. I KNOW that it's not right and I'd never go as far as her, what I'm saying is that people should learn to be respectful again instead of mean and bitchy. Something like this is really no surprise to me.

I hope the judge goes easy on her too. I mean he DID hit her yet again before she stabbed him, right? But I get what starry is saying....she may have been bullied a lot and finally snapped??

My initial response was "good for her" and thinking of self defense. But this was no self defense. This was premeditated murder. She set him up by saying "wait right here" and went inside (proving he was able to get away from him and to safety) and found a weapon to assault him with. Self defense would have been balling up her fists and beating the breaks off him. That would have deserved three cheers. Murdering him when she clearly had other choices? Wrong and the cowardly way out.

Sorry, I should have included this, from the same article:
    Banks, 21, initially was charged with second-degree murder of Keon J. Robinson, but she pleaded guilty in Richmond Circuit Court to voluntary manslaughter. The lesser charge implies she killed Robinson in the heat of passion after she was provoked.
    She is not claiming self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    My initial response was "good for her" and thinking of self defense. But this was no self defense. This was premeditated murder. She set him up by saying "wait right here" and went inside (proving he was able to get away from him and to safety) and found a weapon to assault him with. Self defense would have been balling up her fists and beating the breaks off him. That would have deserved three cheers. Murdering him when she clearly had other choices? Wrong and the cowardly way out.
    I'm not going to jump on the wagon that she meant to kill him. A lot of crazy bitches wanna cut someone without really meaning to kill them. It's like a "seeing red" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

So you don't think she meant to kill him despite the fact it says she lunged at him and stabbed him in the chest?

So you don't think she meant to kill him despite the fact it says she lunged at him and stabbed him in the chest?
    I don't think she went to get the knife with the intent to kill him. I think she saw red when she lunged at him. I don't think she was all like "I'M GONNA KILL YOU NOW."

I've been in fights where my rage hit a point of black-out and I did things far beyond what I thought I was physically capable of. No, I've never killed anyone - But I can see how it would happen.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Aw, snap, Shins. Remind me not to call you ugly and slap you around the next time I've been drinking.

All jokes aside, I wonder if that will hold up in court. I guess the only reason would be because he had previously struck her. But then again, there's plenty of times they throw the book at battered people who finally fight back like in domestic situations and kill their abuser. It will be interesting to see what she's found guilty of.

Aw, snap, Shins. Remind me not to call you ugly and slap you around the next time I've been drinking.

All jokes aside, I wonder if that will hold up in court. I guess the only reason would be because he had previously struck her. But then again, there's plenty of times they throw the book at battered people who finally fight back like in domestic situations and kill their abuser. It will be interesting to see what she's found guilty of.
    I certainly hope they don't throw the book at her, but a punishment is in order. I'm really interested to see what the outcome is.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I've never gotten so pissed that I saw red, but I have heard the same kind of thing from people who have. I've never been in a fight either...I avoid conflict at all costs. Cuz I'm a weiner.

I'm interested in the outcome too.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I'm the "seeing red" kinda person, too. I've always said if someone tries to rape/kidnap/murder me, they better bring their A-game, because I would turn 50 shades of psycho. I might die in the end, but not without royally fucking them up first.

Thread Information