Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Cops. BAD! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid_much View Post
    I know you read the article wrong, My comments are about the people in the article who are angry, not about you. Sorry if that wasn't clear!
    Ohhh. Yeah, they're a perfect example of my other comment that you can't be too blunt with stupid people. They get all offended and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Ohhh. Yeah, they're a perfect example of my other comment that you can't be too blunt with stupid people. They get all offended and shit.
    You're right about that.
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Family seeks answers in fatal shooting of mentally ill teen by North Carolina officer

The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation has launched an investigation into the shooting of a mentally ill teenager by a police officer in Boiling Springs Lakes over the weekend.

Brunswick County District Attorney Jon David asked for the investigation after the shooting Sunday afternoon. One of three officers involved in the shooting was placed on administrative leave on Sunday, WECT.com reported.

Family members said they called police after 18-year-old Keith Vidal picked up a screwdriver and threatened his mother. The boy's father, Mark Wilsey Sr., said that initially officers were able to calm his son, who suffers from schizophrenia.

Wilsey said that when a third officer arrived, his son became agitated. Officers used a stun gun on Vidal and then a shot was fired and Vidal was hit, he added.

Authorities say officers from three agencies responded. They have not released additional details.

"There was no reason to shoot this kid," Wilsey told reporters at a news conference on Monday. "They killed my son in cold blood. We called for help and they killed my son."

He said the screwdriver was small and would not have hurt anyone. Vidal's mother said she had made multiple attempts to get her son help for his mental illness, WECT.com reported.
    "Where is the justice, why did they shoot my son?," she asked. "This is what's wrong with our mental health system."

According to a Brunswick County report obtained by the station, one of the officers involved in the shooting said in a radio dispatch that he had to shoot at the subject in order to defend himself.

Both parents said Vidal had just turned 18 years old and weighed about 90 pounds. Neighbors told the station that the teen played with their children and was never violent.

WECT.com reported that Vidal attended South Brunswick High School in Southport. A spokesperson for the school told the station that a crisis team was on hand at the school Monday to offer support for students and staff.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/07...en-by-officer/

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Impatient NC cops allegedly shoot mentally ill teen: ?We don?t have time for this?

Another article I read about it had a quote in it that made me mad, couldn't find that article, but the 3rd cop that had arrived decided to "speed up the situation" saying "we don't have time for this." Here is another article:

A North Carolina detective is on leave after shooting a mentally ill teen who had reportedly already been subdued with a Taser.

A Brunswick County event report obtained by WECT indicated that two officers were called to Boiling Spring Lakes home after 12:34 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. One of the officers told Brunswick County Dispatchers that there had been a confrontation with 18-year-old Keith Vidal, but repeated several times that the situation was under control.

A second unit with one officer arrived 14 minutes later and notified dispatchers that he was forced to shoot the teen in self defense.
    Mark Wilsey, the teen?s father, explained to WECT that members of his family had called the police for help with his son?s schizophrenic episode. He said that officers shocked Vidal with a Taser several times to get him under control.

?We don?t have time for this,? Wilsey recalled one of the officers saying before he fired in between the two officers who were holding the teen down.

?There was no reason to shoot this kid,? Wilsey insisted. ?They killed my son in cold blood. We called for help and they killed my son.?
    Wilsey admitted that his son was still holding a small screwdriver when he was shot, but said that the 90-pound boy was under control and could not have hurt anyone.

?We wanted him to put the screwdriver down because he does have schizophrenia and we didn?t know if he was gonna hurt himself,? mother Mary Vidal told Wilmington?s Star News, noting that the teen did not have a history of violence.

?Where is the justice, why did they shoot my son?,? she asked WECT. ?This is what?s wrong with our mental health system.?
    The Brunswick County District Attorney?s Office held a press conference on Monday, but the family said that they were not invited to attend. DA Jon David offered few new details other than that the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) had been called in to investigate. He said that it would take time to determine if a crime had been committed.

?The wheels of justice sometimes grind slowly,? David pointed out. ?We?re only 24 hours in at this point, we don?t have all the information and what information I have I cannot share at this juncture.?
    Outside the press conference, the family held signs, demanding justice for Keith Vidal.

?I know what happened, I was there,? the teen?s father said. ?I watched him shoot my son in cold blood right in front of me, and there?s no changing that.?

However, attorney James Payne, who is representing the officer who allegedly shot Keith Vidal, said that the investigation would show no wrongdoing.

?When that investigation is done and that review has been completed all folks, everybody will conclude that the officers acted appropriately,? Payne remarked to WWAY.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/0...time-for-this/

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

^ Sorry for the shitty posting. I accidently pasted the title above my own sentence, my bad. I can't edit either, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/P...h/-/index.html

(CNN) -
    The diapered child is bombarded with obscenities and racial slurs by the adults around him.

The African-American toddler knocks down a chair and gives nearly as good as he gets, responding to some of the comments with an upraised middle finger and telling one of the adults at one point, "Shut up, bitch." The adults laugh and prompt him to repeat other crudities.

Just another day on the Internet -- until the police union in Omaha, Nebraska, posted the clip on its website to highlight what it called the "cycle of violence and thuggery" the community faces.

Now, the Omaha Police Officers' Association is under fire from the city's police chief, the ACLU and at least one community leader. They say the move needlessly antagonizes the city's minority communities, who make up about a quarter of Omaha's 409,000 residents.

>>>more at link<<<<

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140108/NEWS/140108947

Toddler in video posted by Omaha police union taken into protective custody

(Jan. 9, 2014) A toddler shown in a controversial video shared by the Omaha police union has been placed in protective custody along with three other children in the household, police said Wednesday.

Police said they removed the boy and the other children because they were concerned about the youths' well-being and safety.

Police did not release their names or relationship to each other.

Police said the City Prosecutor's Office has determined no crime occurred in the video, which shows adults, who are off-camera, exchanging profanities and sexual comments with the toddler.

John Wells, the union's president, has described the video as an example of how the cycle of violence and "thuggery" continues in the city.

In the video, a man jokingly directs profanity at the boy and asks him to curse back. The boy does and, at one point, raises his middle finger to the camera.

Willie Hamilton, executive director of Black Men United in Omaha, has said it is inappropriate for the police union to single out the child to draw sweeping conclusions about the cycle of violence.

Police investigators were able to identify the toddler in the video and the adults who are off-camera, said Lt. Darci Tierney, a police spokeswoman.

Child Protective Services was assisted in the investigation by the Police Department's Child Victim Unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

More than 100 former police officers, firefighters and other city workers are accused of faking mental disabilities in order to get tens of thousands of dollars in Social Security benefits, NBC 4 New York has learned.

The former workers who claimed they could barely take care of themselves were, in fact, pursuing activities like jet skiing, fishing, shopping, playing basketball and even working in other jobs.

One police officer who claimed he was mentally disabled was allegedly working as a martial arts instructor, officials said. Another who claimed he could not work was allegedly flying helicopters.

One got benefits because of a fear of crowds and yet was found to be selling cannolis in Little Italy during the Feast of San Gennaro festival that brings more than a million people to the neighborhood. And another went on to allegedly run a private security company.
    Advertise | AdChoices

Many also allegedly claimed to be affected by their efforts on 9/11, yet investigators found many were not even near ground zero that day.

All allegedly got help gaming the system from the same two lawyers and two former police officers who allegedly took cash payments.

The workers were allegedly taught how to claim they were mentally scarred on SSID applications in order to collect $30,000 to $50,000 in benefits annually.

Their applications for benefits were "strikingly similar," prosecutors said in court papers Tuesday. The applications often used identical phrases like "I don't have an interest in anything" and "I am unable to perform any type of work activity in or out of the house."

Applicants were taught to claim that they could not cope with other people or were so mentally disabled that they could not even prepare a meal on their own. They were allegedly told by the four ringleaders to look disheveled in their interviews and claim they went for days without sleep.

They claimed in applications that they could not drive, shop or use a computer, but prosecutors say many were observed driving, while credit card records show they were "prolific shoppers." Further, some who said they could not use computers had Facebook pages and Twitter accounts, prosecutors said.

Investigators said one of the attorneys who allegedly helped run the scheme is Raymond Lavallee, who worked as an FBI agent in the 1950s and '60s. Calls to Lavallee?s home and law office were not returned Monday.

Investigators said Lavallee would receive thousands in cash payments from successful applicants that were at times left for him in paper bags on a park bench near his office.

Law enforcement sources said the 106 people being charged are just a first wave in what is a growing investigation. As many as 300 to 400 other former city workers are now facing scrutiny.

Many of those charged were expected to appear in Manhattan criminal court Tuesday.

Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance, along with investigators from the Social Security Administration, Homeland Security Investigations and the NYPD Internal Affairs bureau, were expected to announce details of the charges at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Spokesmen for the law enforcement agencies declined to comment on the expected charges Monday evening.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...&lite=obinsite
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

http://gawker.com/this-police-chief-...itt-1498178336

this guy posts who he fired and why on his facebook and twitter...
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    http://gawker.com/this-police-chief-...itt-1498178336

this guy posts who he fired and why on his facebook and twitter...
    Huh? Cops can't get fired.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    More than 100 former police officers, firefighters and other city workers are accused of faking mental disabilities in order to get tens of thousands of dollars in Social Security benefits, NBC 4 New York has learned.

The former workers who claimed they could barely take care of themselves were, in fact, pursuing activities like jet skiing, fishing, shopping, playing basketball and even working in other jobs.

One police officer who claimed he was mentally disabled was allegedly working as a martial arts instructor, officials said. Another who claimed he could not work was allegedly flying helicopters.

One got benefits because of a fear of crowds and yet was found to be selling cannolis in Little Italy during the Feast of San Gennaro festival that brings more than a million people to the neighborhood. And another went on to allegedly run a private security company.
    Advertise | AdChoices

Many also allegedly claimed to be affected by their efforts on 9/11, yet investigators found many were not even near ground zero that day.

All allegedly got help gaming the system from the same two lawyers and two former police officers who allegedly took cash payments.

The workers were allegedly taught how to claim they were mentally scarred on SSID applications in order to collect $30,000 to $50,000 in benefits annually.

Their applications for benefits were "strikingly similar," prosecutors said in court papers Tuesday. The applications often used identical phrases like "I don't have an interest in anything" and "I am unable to perform any type of work activity in or out of the house."

Applicants were taught to claim that they could not cope with other people or were so mentally disabled that they could not even prepare a meal on their own. They were allegedly told by the four ringleaders to look disheveled in their interviews and claim they went for days without sleep.

They claimed in applications that they could not drive, shop or use a computer, but prosecutors say many were observed driving, while credit card records show they were "prolific shoppers." Further, some who said they could not use computers had Facebook pages and Twitter accounts, prosecutors said.

Investigators said one of the attorneys who allegedly helped run the scheme is Raymond Lavallee, who worked as an FBI agent in the 1950s and '60s. Calls to Lavallee?s home and law office were not returned Monday.

Investigators said Lavallee would receive thousands in cash payments from successful applicants that were at times left for him in paper bags on a park bench near his office.

Law enforcement sources said the 106 people being charged are just a first wave in what is a growing investigation. As many as 300 to 400 other former city workers are now facing scrutiny.

Many of those charged were expected to appear in Manhattan criminal court Tuesday.

Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance, along with investigators from the Social Security Administration, Homeland Security Investigations and the NYPD Internal Affairs bureau, were expected to announce details of the charges at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Spokesmen for the law enforcement agencies declined to comment on the expected charges Monday evening.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...&lite=obinsite
    This pisses me off so much. I genuinely have a disability and aaz fully honest in my eval(s) only to have the shrink say I was faking. A year later and I'm stuck in the appeals process.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    This pisses me off so much. I genuinely have a disability and aaz fully honest in my eval(s) only to have the shrink say I was faking. A year later and I'm stuck in the appeals process.
    Obviously, you needed to take a couple of classes from these gentlemen.

It's so redic. Some people seem to sail right through the process. Sometimes with good reason, others not so. Other people who would seem to have clearcut cases get bogged down. Someone I know was in hospice care and got turned down. Other people? Look a hangnail. I'm sad. Boom. Golden parachute.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Obviously, you needed to take a couple of classes from these gentlemen.

It's so redic. Some people seem to sail right through the process. Sometimes with good reason, others not so. Other people who would seem to have clearcut cases get bogged down. Someone I know was in hospice care and got turned down. Other people? Look a hangnail. I'm sad. Boom. Golden parachute.
    Yep. I have MS but I'm still able to work so have never applied. But I've heard horror stories in the community of people not able to get out of bed being turned down and evicted because they couldn't pay rent.

Meanwhile, my old next door neighbor (illegally in the country) gets a sewing needle in her finger and years later is still collecting. And working under the table to keep the money rolling in. Disgusts me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yep. I have MS but I'm still able to work so have never applied. But I've heard horror stories in the community of people not able to get out of bed being turned down and evicted because they couldn't pay rent.

Meanwhile, my old next door neighbor (illegally in the country) gets a sewing needle in her finger and years later is still collecting. And working under the table to keep the money rolling in. Disgusts me.
    I think the people faking shit to get disability are ruining it for the people that are actually disabled. If I was the person in charge of deciding who is legit disabled and who isn't, I would looked at everyone skeptically.

A coworkers friend is "disabled" because she has respiratory problems from time to time. Her respiratory problems always coincide with her taking too much Xanax

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

holy shit this stuff doesn't end.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/19/cops-be...-he-jaywalked/

Cops bloodied an 84-year-old man and put him in the hospital Sunday when he jaywalked at an Upper West Side intersection and didn?t appear to understand their orders to stop, witnesses said.

Kang Wong was strolling north on Broadway and crossing 96th Street at around 5 p.m., when an officer told him to halt because he had walked against the light.

Police were targeting jaywalkers in the area following the third pedestrian fatality this month around West 96th Street.

Wong, who lives a block away, appeared to not understand the cop, the witnesses said.

?The guy didn?t seem to speak English. The cop walked him over to the Citibank? near the northeast corner of 96th and Broadway, said one witness, Ian King, a Fordham University law student.

?[The officer] stood him up against the wall and was trying to write him a ticket. The man didn?t seem to understand, and he started walking away.

?The cop tried to pull him back, and that?s when he began to struggle with the cop,? said King, 24. ?As soon as he pushed the cop, it was like cops started running in from everywhere.?

Wong was left bleeding and dazed with cuts to his face.

He was cuffed and and taken to St. Luke?s Hospital. After several hours, he was hauled off to the 24th Precinct station house.

His 41-year-old son, a lawyer who would not give his name, first said at the station house Sunday night that did not wish to discuss his feelings about the incident.

?I don?t want to talk about anything like that in front of all these cops,?? he told the Post

But walking farther down the street, he said, ?The cops are playing games. They won?t tell me what he?s being charged with.?

He first heard his dad had been busted in a 6 p.m. phone call from cops, who asked if the elderly man needed medication but would not say which hospital he?d been taken to. So the son went to the station house, where he said he got a similar run-around.

Finally, he found out on his own that his dad was at St. Luke?s and had been arrested for jaywalking.
    ?Oh, great! Beating up on an 84-year-old man for jaywalking,?? he said.

Neither the hospital nor the cops would allow him to see his dad until after 10 p.m., explaining that since he?d not been admitted, he was not a patient, but a ?prisoner.??

Early Monday, cops fingerprinted Wong and charged him with jaywalking, resisting arrest, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct. He went home, accompanied by several family members, with a desk-appearance ticket.

Another of Wong?s sons, who also would not give his name, said the family ?will probably press charges?? against the cops, adding:
    ?He was just walking across the street with other people, and they picked him out. How could they do that to an 84-year-old man.??
    NYPD officials said ?the incident is under internal review.?

The violence unfolded in front of several news reporters, who had been at the intersection documenting an accident that killed Upper West Side pedestrian Samantha Lee 12 hours earlier.

After Lee?s death, police resorted to the old-school tactic of writing up pedestrians for jaywalking at $250 a pop.

?Everyone does it. Heck, the cops do it,? said Emily Skeggs, 23, who was ticketed for illegally crossing the street.

Mayor de Blasio?s spokesman, Phil Walzak, said Sunday, ?We won?t sit by while lives are lost and families are torn apart. These latest crashes underscore the urgent need to make our streets safer, which is why we are moving decisively to enact ?Vision Zero?.?

and:

eta: damn video won't post.
    Last edited by animosity; 01-22-2014 at 08:51 PM.

People have seen my posts in the Kelly Thomas thread. Note to self. AVOID this thread.

The 84 year old man in NYC is about to see a big payday. His son is a lawyer.

You KNOW that the NYPD is out of control when Orientals are getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    The 84 year old man in NYC is about to see a big payday. His son is a lawyer.

You KNOW that the NYPD is out of control when Orientals are getting hit.
    Ron? I admit. The African Americans have been hit from the beginning of time here in America. And continue to be the "favorite flavor " of any cop. But now FINALLY people are paying attention from all walks of life. I'm just sorry that it took the rest of us "folk" to catch on.

If it's any consolation? I was ROYALLY screwed and abused by small town cops over 20 years ago. Yeah...a white girl.. can you imagine? Enough of a story to warrant it's own thread. And I still had the strength to believe it was isolated. I'm about 75% on against believing there are good cops at the moment. But guess what? Not 100% there. YET.

This thread pisses me off, I need to go find a good cop story. Wish me luck. Note: My cousin is NYS Trooper and he is 100% the nicest, most genuine guy on the planet. It makes me sad that he's affiliated with assholes like these guys.

Maybe this one?

Yeah, that video is streaming like hot cakes to try to save the reputation of cops.

I don't think all cops suck. But I know WAY TOO MANY that completely fucking suck. And there are too many stories of shitty ones in the news.

There can't be that many shitty cops in the US, when they're supposed to be our protectors. This shit needs to get under control.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

i think it's funny that so many cops are fat.

deb... someone mentioned this once: so the cop is nice to you, huh?

i'm currently dealing with this. one of my regulars is a really nice guy to me. he is attentive, friendly and tips well! he's a cop and apparently a friend of my family. on the other hand, he is big and judgmental and i wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his nightstick.

i have no doubt that he has probably either beaten someone unnecessarily or forged reports to justify his buddy's actions.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. so, you probably won't be as irate as i am about this since it is local to me. but FUCK THE POLICE.

http://whotv.com/2014/02/03/raid-fil...matize-family/

REPORTER NOTE: We do have some new information regarding the story we reported Monday night regarding a search warrant that was executed at a Des Moines home, looking for about $1000 worth of items purchased with a stolen credit card. Ankeny police spokeswoman Captain Makai Echer says officers consider several factors when deciding whether to send officers similar to a SWAT team to a house to serve a warrant, or simply knock on the door.
    In this case, Echer says, officers looked at suspect?s criminal histories and whether there could be firearms in the home. Of the three suspects that were present in the home, one has a violent arrest record for two assaults about 13-years ago and a domestic assault.
    Another suspect did have a permit to carry a weapon. Echer would not comment on whether that played a role in the decision. She would also not comment on whether it was appropriate for a police officer to rip a security from the front of the house after officers had already entered.
    We?ll air an update to this story in the Channel 13 News at Ten Tuesday night.
    Original story
    Members of a Des Moines family say they were terrorized in their own home by Ankeny police.
    Sally Prince is afraid to stay in her own home. ?I?ve been so traumatized. I don?t sleep at night,? Prince says.
    On Thursday, Ankeny police executed a search warrant looking for someone they suspected of using stolen credit cards to buy clothes and electronics.
    The whole search was caught on surveillance video.
    Ankeny police tell us they knocked first, but the video shows one officer pounding on the side of the house and seconds later, officers use a battering ram to force their way in.
    The video also shows an officer destroying a security camera outside the home.
    Two people in the house were arrested on unrelated charges, and the family says none of the items listed on the warrant were found.
    Prince?s son, Justin Ross, was in the bathroom when police burst in, and he was carrying a gun that he has the legal right to carry. ?I stood up, I drew my weapon, I started to get myself together to get out the door, I heard someone in the main room say police. I re-holstered my weapon sat back down and put my hands in my lap,? Ross recalls.
    ?This is over property purchased with a stolen credit card,? Prince adds. ?It doesn?t make any sense to go to such extremes for something that simple.?
    Two of the people there had no criminal history. Justin Ross was honorably discharged from the Army recently. The third person does have an arrest record, but the most serious charge was theft and that charge was dismissed.
    The family says they would have answered the door if police had just knocked.
    Ankeny police executed the warrant in Des Moines because the alleged theft took place in Ankeny, but the suspects live in Des Moines.
    Ankeny police say they do not have a written policy governing how search warrants are executed. They?re not commenting further because it?s an ongoing investigation.

Haha they didn't even knock first?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Haha they didn't even knock first?!?
    nope! they weren't even in their jurisdiction. they were ankeny PD (a suburb) breaking into a house in des moines proper.

Thread Information