Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Cops. BAD! BAD!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    yeah, i was thinking that while it may be 'true' you'll end up getting beat down with no apology afterward if you do those things. i tend to answer every question truthfully and let them search my shit.
    These rules definitely don't apply to anyone darker than a paper bag or that has a penis.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    These rules definitely don't apply to anyone darker than a paper bag or that has a penis.
    probably written by a respectable white journalist who pored over countless law books to define precisely what the 'law' says about your rights. humans aren't law books and cops are human (sort of).
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

ha ha. i checked the article... the author is a white rack. i mean chick.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    ha ha. i checked the article... the author is a white rack. i mean chick.
    I knew it. The privelage ran deep.

I knew it. The privelage ran deep.
    to be fair though, i've read the same things over and over about your rights when dealing with cops. i just understand that what is legal is not always what's going to serve your best interests.

my friends and i were approached by cops at a park once about 5 minutes before it closed. we had all been drinking and were packing up after our weekly card game meeting when they showed up. luckily, all the bottles were disposed of, but one friend had some cocaine in his pocket and i had my little pot pouch. my third friend started giving the cop so much lip about his rights, how the park was still open, blah, blah... we were terrified at this, since he had successfully included us in his righteousness against cops movement. me and chivo apologized profusely for his behavior, gave up our ids immediately and told him to shut the fuck up.

i think the cops liked our response because they let us go without a search but gave mr. know-it-all a ticket for smoking in the park.

You are exactly right.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/P...h/-/index.html

(CNN) -
    The diapered child is bombarded with obscenities and racial slurs by the adults around him.

The African-American toddler knocks down a chair and gives nearly as good as he gets, responding to some of the comments with an upraised middle finger and telling one of the adults at one point, "Shut up, bitch." The adults laugh and prompt him to repeat other crudities.

Just another day on the Internet -- until the police union in Omaha, Nebraska, posted the clip on its website to highlight what it called the "cycle of violence and thuggery" the community faces.

Now, the Omaha Police Officers' Association is under fire from the city's police chief, the ACLU and at least one community leader. They say the move needlessly antagonizes the city's minority communities, who make up about a quarter of Omaha's 409,000 residents.

>>>more at link<<<<
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I dunno. They have a point. What's the problem here?

If they showed a video of a black child learning the alphabet and they captioned it "doesn't matter, he's just going to be in a gang anyway" I could see it being considered offensive.

You're cool with adult cops mocking a toddler in nothing but a diaper with racial slurs and obscenities?

Who gives a fuck what the kid said. It's called instigation. You give shit, you'll get shit.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I dunno. They have a point. What's the problem here?

If they showed a video of a black child learning the alphabet and they captioned it "doesn't matter, he's just going to be in a gang anyway" I could see it being considered offensive.
    This. EVERY culture has idiots that teach their kids disrespect and then laughs about it. Except the Asians. They teach them piano at age 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    You're cool with adult cops mocking a toddler in nothing but a diaper with racial slurs and obscenities?

Who gives a fuck what the kid said. It's called instigation. You give shit, you'll get shit.
    Racial slurs are different. I didn't follow the link.

Calling out bad parenting: good
    Racial Slurs: not good

Followed the link. Where were the Racial Slurs?

Nothing like that. But I can get behind someone mentioning the "cycle of violence and thuggery"

A lot different than a bunch of bigots making fun of a toddler though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This. EVERY culture has idiots that teach their kids disrespect and then laughs about it. Except the Asians. They teach them piano at age 2.
    This kid gives the finger and spits foul language at people it's all fun. But if he wanted to know about the tides, or what keeps planes in the air, then they would mock him. And if he understood basic rules of grammar they would mock him for "talking white."

Education isn't just mocked, it's discouraged. Ugh.

I'm not giving the cops a pass, I'm just saying I HATE that no one is seeing the problem with the video and/or raising a child in gang culture.

Followed the link. Where were the Racial Slurs?
    it was mentioned in the first sentence of the article.

I'm not giving the cops a pass, I'm just saying I HATE that no one is seeing the problem with the video and/or raising a child in gang culture.
    I see what you're saying. I can get behind this. The problem is on both ends.

I'm just fucking appauled at the mental image of adults mocking baby.

How are the cops mocking the child? They just took the video from a public fb. Funny how people are all pissed at the cops but they forget to be pissed at the assholes who made the video, who are actually being nasty to a kid just to get it to curse and be nasty back. They made a choice to upload that thing to a public fb page.
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Oh. I thought you meant the Cops were throwing out Racial Slurs at the Toddler. In that case, even MORE reason to call them out.

Yeah, shame on the cops for pointing out how this is fucked up behaviour.

Oh. I thought you meant the Cops were throwing out Racial Slurs at the Toddler. In that case, even MORE reason to call them out.
    Originally that's what I thought I read?

Thank you Morbid for posting the video, which was not on the original article. I think the police are under fire on this for blatantly coining:
    On the website where the video is hosted, the union said the clip came from "a local thug's public Facebook page."
    Sure, it's to the point. But it's not particularly professional terminology.

it was mentioned in the first sentence of the article.

I see what you're saying. I can get behind this. The problem is on both ends.

I'm just fucking appauled at the mental image of adults mocking baby.
    You get that it was the adults in the video, spefically the boy's uncle, spouting off racial slurs and repeatedly encouraging the toddler to repeat thing like "fuck you nigga" - right?

The cops posted the video And pointed out it was perpetuating a bad cycle. I agree.

If there was a white toddler being encouraged to say things like "fuck those niggers" and it was posted as an example of perpetuating the cycle of racism I'd agree there too. There have been photos and videos of parents giving kids alcohol and drugs, those white parents were highlighted and the behavior condemned. I agree with that condemnation too.

The toddler was talking like a little thug, and being praised and encouraged. I don't find the description wrong.

Also, the uncle replied to the fb post BG the union with a lovely array of language. His reply and manner of responding go the post just proved he's a "thug." One with a level head and (likely better education) would very probably responded differently.

This is the actual message:

http://www.omahapoa.com/2014/01/07/h...le-continuing/

Maybe it's not very professional to refer to him as a thug but I think the things going on in that video are far worse than the things people are angry about. They are teaching this kid how to be an asshole by verbally abusing him but people are angry because the cops call the guy a thug, and say that if you raise your kid to be an idiot, I mean thug, then chances are he'll become one.

Let's be angry about that and not about the fact that a 2 year old is being abused. 0 points to logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid_much View Post
    This is the actual message:

http://www.omahapoa.com/2014/01/07/h...le-continuing/

Maybe it's not very professional to refer to him as a thug but I think the things going on in that video are far worse than the things people are angry about. They are teaching this kid how to be an asshole by verbally abusing him but people are angry because the cops call the guy a thug, and say that if you raise your kid to be an idiot, I mean thug, then chances are he'll become one.

Let's be angry about that and not about the fact that a 2 year old is being abused. 0 points to logic.
    I admitted that I read the original article wrong, since they did not have the actual video attached. I did think the cops were mocking the baby, who was taught to act like a thug.

I agree that the bigger issue is the child abuse. But you can't teach ignorant people that they're being thugs by calling them thugs. They'll immediately go the "name calling" route.

I admitted that I read the original article wrong, since they did not have the actual video attached. I did think the cops were mocking the baby, who was taught to act like a thug.

I agree that the bigger issue is the child abuse. But you can't teach ignorant people that they're being thugs by calling them thugs. They'll immediately go the "name calling" route.
    Sorry, I jumped the gun on posting before the video was posted. I hadn't red the article because I read about it on gawker and they had the video in the article. Its silly that this article omitted the video.

I know you read the article wrong, My comments are about the people in the article who are angry, not about you. Sorry if that wasn't clear!

Thread Information