Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Brings Home Human Leg

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Any dog that looks like a pit is reported as a pit, so unless there are DNA tests done on these dogs to find their true background, then yes - all of your google statistics are bullshit.

You seem to garner statistics very closely. I guess you are comfortable with making sweeping generalizations, based on notions that you've never actually experienced. Keep a pit bull in your home as a pet, take good care of it, and then come back and tell us about how vicious and horrible the animal was. Till then, there is literally nothing you can say that's going to make anyone here (who disagrees with you) owe 2 cents of credit to you.

You also keep dodging my point about relating this to human race and the statistics on black people. It's the exact same thing, so don't try to dodge it like it's not.
    As I said before, statistics don't lie. This isn't "learn to be a parent by taking care of this egg for the weekend", things are learned through studying and accessing evidence made available by people who have had experience with these animals. I'm sure that I could take good care of a pit as I'm aware of standard procedure (muzzling if the dog is outdoors, rotating rooms if you have multiple pets, etc.) but doing so will not un-maul and un-kill the people that have fallen victim to pit bull attacks.

I'm avoiding the crime-rate comparison because it is irrelevant and I am not well-versed in that area whereas I have read numerous studies and case reports relating to dog bite injuries and fatalities.
    I'm up against it all
    Like a leaf against the wind

Oh my god, stop the pit bull bashing fuckery before a mod comes in here and tells you to stay on topic.

The dog dragged part of a carcass into its yard. Our LABRADOR dragged a whole deer carcass into our yard. I'm pretty sure if she had access to a human carcass she would have done the same thing with no HAR HAR I BET THAT'S NOT THE FIRST LEG SHE DAGGUM HAS CHEWED ON BEFORE commentary from the peanut gallery. I mean, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Gram Parsons View Post
    As I said before, statistics don't lie. This isn't "learn to be a parent by taking care of this egg for the weekend", things are learned through studying and accessing evidence made available by people who have had experience with these animals. I'm sure that I could take good care of a pit as I'm aware of standard procedure (muzzling if the dog is outdoors, rotating rooms if you have multiple pets, etc.) but doing so will not un-maul and un-kill the people that have fallen victim to pit bull attacks.

I'm avoiding the crime-rate comparison because it is irrelevant and I am not well-versed in that area whereas I have read numerous studies and case reports relating to dog bite injuries and fatalities.
    Thank you for not only derailing this thread with a totally erronious claim about how "you're surprised the dog hasn't bitten more legs..", but also showing us just how big of a rock you live under. No one gives a fuck about your statistics or how much you hate pit bulls.

Let's get back to talking about how this mutt didn't attack it's owner, or bite anyone's leg off....
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I was being facetious with the first comment because of the reputation that pits have. I only went off on this rant because I received a (perceived) condescending response.

I'm not bashing pit bulls, I think they're awesome animals. I'm simply stating facts.
    I'm up against it all

I was being facetious with the first comment because of the reputation that pits have. I only went off on this rant because I received a (perceived) condescending response.

I'm not bashing pit bulls, I think they're awesome animals. I'm simply stating facts.
    Yeah, it's crazy to think that making a jack ass remark about a hot button topic would spark a condescending remark. No one asked for your "statistics".
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I never implied that somebody asked me to post those statistics. I posted them because I am generally not one to get into a debate without evidence to back up my claims.

I'm sorry if you were offended by my initial comment, I didn't mean it as a jab at anyone in particular.
    I'm up against it all

I never implied that somebody asked me to post those statistics. I posted them because I am generally not one to get into a debate without evidence to back up my claims.

I'm sorry if you were offended by my initial comment, I didn't mean it as a jab at anyone in particular.
    Oh I wasn't offended. I'm laughing at you.

to add a little perspective:

To date in 2013, there have been 23 lightning fatalities in 14 states:
    4 in Florida and Arizona, 2 in Illinois, Kentucky and Texas

so pits kill about as many people per year as lightning strikes. i can live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    to add a little perspective:

To date in 2013, there have been 23 lightning fatalities in 14 states:
    4 in Florida and Arizona, 2 in Illinois, Kentucky and Texas

so pits kill about as many people per year as lightning strikes. i can live with that.
    How many times per year do you think that lightning strikes? How many pit bulls do you think reside in the US?

The amount may be the same, but the chances of one happening are much greater than the other.
    I'm up against it all

wut?

It has been estimated that roughly 100 lightning bolts strike the earth every second.

Pit bulls comprise less than 5% of the dog population in the US.

That pit bulls have killed as many people this year as lightning strikes isn't exactly a plus for pits.
    I'm up against it all

How many times per year do you think that lightning strikes? How many pit bulls do you think reside in the US?

The amount may be the same, but the chances of one happening are much greater than the other.
    DO YOU KNOW WHERE LIGHTENING COMES FROM????

FUCK you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    DO YOU KNOW WHERE LIGHTENING COMES FROM????

FUCK you're stupid.
    I'm not seeing your point. Of course, comparing lightning and pit bulls is comparing apples to oranges, but in raw numbers, pits are far ahead in deaths per incident. Pit Bulls killing the same amount of people as lightning strikes in no way negates the severity of the pit bull problem.
    I'm up against it all

there are 4.5 million registered pit bulls and a least that many that are not. add that together and you get nine million pits alive and well in the US. now, i'm no math-magician, but if you multiply 9 million by 365 (the amount of time in days these animals are present and available to bite people) you get something like: 3,285,000,000 chances per year that one day one of the millions of a pits might bite. (fuuuuuuuck math. this logic may not be sound. gulp.)

How many flashes a year are there?

Over the continental 48 states, an average of 20,000,000 cloud-to-ground flashes have been detected every year since the lightning detection network covered all of the continental US in 1989. In addition, about half of all flashes have more than one ground strike point, so at least 30 million points on the ground are struck on the average each year in the US. Besides cloud-to-ground flashes, there are roughly 5 to 10 times as many cloud flashes as there are ground flashes.

yes... i think it is more likely that the few lightning strikes per year are a greater threat than death by pitty.
    Last edited by animosity; 11-13-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Statistics CAN be manipulated to lie.
    That's just common sense...just sayin.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post

Lol. Yes. This :
    As I said before, statistics don't lie.
    ... is either Gram being facetious again or a statement from someone who wasn't paying attention in their Statistics 101 lectures. Not only is it commonsense, it's also easily substantiated fact.

The book is a brief, breezy, illustrated volume outlining common errors, both intentional and unintentional, associated with the interpretation of statistics, and how these errors can lead to inaccurate conclusions. In the 1960s and '70s it became a standard textbook introduction to the subject of statistics for many college students. It has become one of the best-selling statistics books in history, with over one and a half million copies sold in the English-language edition, even though the monetary examples have become dated because of inflation. [1] It has also been widely translated.

Themes of the book include "Correlation does not imply causation" and "Using random sampling". It also shows how statistical graphs can be used to distort reality, for example by truncating the bottom of a line or bar chart, so that differences seem larger than they are, or by representing one-dimensional quantities on a pictogram by two- or three-dimensional objects to compare their sizes, so that the reader forgets that the images do not scale the same way the quantities do.

I'm not a pit supporter. I'm not even a dog supporter. My son's munchkin was killed in front of my kids by our neighbours pit (or staffie or bulldog or boxer or ridgeback or mastiff, who knows?)x 4 yrs ago. Then it killed the cat belonging to another neighbour. There was a 3rd dead cat when they went into the yard to retrieve their cat's dead body. Later, it tried to drag another of our cats (who was sleeping in our fully enclosed backyard) under the fence via a hole it had spent weeks digging to get at our pets.

But the whole pitbulls are EVIL argument is statistically unsound. The last dog mauling death story I read involved a Pomeranian.

(Also, the first time my little herbivores were decimated by a dog attack, I was 9 & the dogs were pedigree Afghans. When it happened to my kid's pets last Halloween it was a boxer x that left them with 1 terrorised rabbit & 3 guineapigs - out of the 17 pets they had when they went to bed the night before).

My personal dog attack stats = 2 Xbreeds, 1 pedigree breed, no pitbulls. Owners who sucked? 100%.
    ETA just remembered, I've also been attacked by a kelpie, a red cattle dog (they say reds are more bitey than blues), several times by the same vicious little shit of a sausage dog, my best friend's insane chihuahua & the scariest was a rhodesian ridgeback that would wait for me outside a rundown boarding house when I walked home through a slummy part of inner Sydney. But the stats don't really change. Still 0% pitbulls/100% idiot humans.

Now, back on topic ...

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/b...leg/index.html

Update November 13, 2013 12:58 PM : Searchers searching along the Nisqually River about 45 miles south of Seattle, Washington, found a human arm around 10 this morning in a wooded area near and old, abandoned fish hatchery. This and the other body parts were all found within a mile of each other. Investigators believe they were scattered by animal activity. They have not yet determined how the body was dismembered, nor who the victim was. For the full story so far, read below this map.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-13-2013 at 05:15 PM.

People use pretty much the same logic about illegal aliens and black people.

Just sayin'.

Cane corsos are a lot more dangerous than Pitts. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I've never been bit by a Pitt but have been bit by too many chihauaus to count.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-13-2013 at 05:48 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

People use pretty much the same logic about illegal aliens and black people.

Just sayin'.
    Yeah, apparently the stat-wizard is totally oblivious to social conflict.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    The only two dogs I have ever been bitten by are cocker spaniels and shitzus. No lol.

And I have had literally hundreds of contacts with pitbulls in stressful situations with my job. Fuck I once took one from a car accident in the front seat of my ambulance with it's owner on the gurney in the back.

Little dogs, now fuck them. They're way more sketchy when mom or dad is hurt or sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    People just misinterpret stats. Stats properly done do not lie. I kill an individual for bastardizing stats. Mainly people and their pit nonsense are just dumb. It's a dog. Animals (esp people) of all types kill in one way or another. Some more horrifically than others. We hear about the horrific non-human ones. Boom. All children are bad. Wait. ALL pits suck. Wait. All dogs suck. Or do all dogs go to heaven? I forget...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    The only two dogs I have ever been bitten by are cocker spaniels and shitzus. No lol.

And I have had literally hundreds of contacts with pitbulls in stressful situations with my job. Fuck I once took one from a car accident in the front seat of my ambulance with it's owner on the gurney in the back.

Little dogs, now fuck them. They're way more sketchy when mom or dad is hurt or sick.
    Yep. A big dog has to be more stable, or he's history. Little guys are allowed to go their length.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Fuck I have a cocker spaniel mix scar on my hand. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yep. A big dog has to be more stable, or he's history. Little guys are allowed to go their length.
    Well to be fair big dogs can kill much more easily.

Of course somehow that may turn into I think. Michael Clarke Duncan was a murderer :p

Thread Information