Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Isabella Guzman (18) stabbed her mother 79 times

count me in on the all religions are cults bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Anyway, sorry to come out of hiding swinging. Some shit just gets under my skin, but whatever, I gave all the fucks I could.

No one knows why this girl snapped yet, so I would not deign to assume religion played a major role until more info comes out. Maybe she did it because I hear teenage Vietnamese girls are weird and use blond weave tracks as tampons and shave Tyra Banks' head into their pubic hair. I read it on the internetz.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    What?
    "all religions are cults"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

i think we could get along just fine without them.

Oh yeah that.

It's true we don't know religion caused this but it still makes sense to me. Blond weave tracks are uncomfortable tampons and that could indeed make a girl snap.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    How are they not? Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i think we could get along just fine without them.
    You mean: better.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    [~And that's my whole point. Ignorance is a sort of self induced mind control don't you think?
    Yes. I agree & it was a stupid thing to put in my answer because it wasn't even true. My answer was already too long so I replaced a chunk of it with an idiotic comment. Truth is, I debated the hell out of it for at least a decade and a half after I left home. I purposely read every Awake & Watchtower my mother sent me - & there were many, so that she couldn't make the type of comment you've just made.

All they did was convince me to study evolution at Uni. So whatever you want to call my position on religion in general & JW's specifically - ignorance isn't an accurate description. 25 years is a long time to argue the same thing every time a newly baptised Witness knocks at your door taking about "the Truth" & recently I got to the point where I just couldn't be bothered anymore. There's no point putting scientific fact against faith - faith wins everytime (regardless of whether it has a valid reason to)

Funny you should single out Catholics & sex though? My mother had HUGE issues with my boyfriend at the time & did her utmost to split us up just because his mother was Catholic. Of all the religions, JW's really don't like Catholics.

Hmm, I hope there is actually a JW connection to this case now that I've filled a page with posts on JW stuff?? Sorry mods - maybe just delete my posts if they turn out to be even more off-topic than they already seem??

ETA - but I totally agree with your other posts. I've never seen cultish shit or snubbing. I've got tats & piercings & while I might get witnessed to more heavily by new recruits who are out to prove something, most older members are fine.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-01-2013 at 10:01 PM.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    aren't they, though? and i say this as someone who was raised as a roman catholic. this is why i'm not fond of organized religion; i don't like the idea of having to put a rigid label on my beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Articles I've read this morning said the fighting was over men.

That makes way more sense.

It's still unclear what exactly her mother was worried about, but neighbors report calling the police in the past when they saw men jumping over a fence into the family's backyard.
    Those men were later discovered to be Isabella's boyfriends paying her a visit.
    The day before her mother was killed, Isabella spit on her mother and sent her an email threatening: 'You will pay.'
    Just three hours before Mrs Hoy way murdered, Robert Guzman paid a visit to the house his daughter lived in with his ex-wife and her new husband, Ryan Hoy.
    As they sat in the backyard, he explained the importance of respecting your elders, and truly believed he had gotten through to her.
    'In the conversation, I thought that I made progress,' Mr Guzman said, 'but obviously it didn't do nothing, because hours later, this thing happened.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2dj130cve

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    aren't they, though? and i say this as someone who was raised as a roman catholic. this is why i'm not fond of organized religion; i don't like the idea of having to put a rigid label on my beliefs.

Lol. Good one.

I still consider myself to be *religious,* but the whole church thing weirds me out.

* wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I had a pain management dr who was a JW which was weird! I have no problem with any religion...hell believe what you want...but when you specify in dealing with pain but don't personally believe in medicine it's hard to find balance..she actually was released from the practice but I'm not sure why.

That and allow me to shut my door when I say no thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I had a pain management dr who was a JW which was weird! I have no problem with any religion...hell believe what you want...but when you specify in dealing with pain but don't personally believe in medicine it's hard to find balance..she actually was released from the practice but I'm not sure why.

wut. how does someone become a doctor if they don't believe in medicine? wow. and uh. i'm going to assume that she was released from the practice because she didn't believe in what she was supposed to be practicing. why would someone spend all that time and money becoming a doctor, only to be like *nope, don't believe. sorry.* O.o

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    wut. how does someone become a doctor if they don't believe in medicine? wow. and uh. i'm going to assume that she was released from the practice because she didn't believe in what she was supposed to be practicing. why would someone spend all that time and money becoming a doctor, only to be like *nope, don't believe. sorry.* O.o
    That does seem like an oxymoron. Unless she was a "holistic" doctor.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Um, this is a common misconception. JW's believe in medicine - they don't believe in blood transfusions. Organ transplants as well, I think - they weren't that common when I was growing up so I'm not sure.

But yeah, it used to piss me off to no end when Catholic et al neighbors and acquaintances would lose their shit on my parents for letting me attend meetings with my nana. "OMG THEY NOES BELIEVE IN MEDICINE STUFF".

No, dumbass. Those are the Christian Science folks.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Um, this is a common misconception. JW's believe in medicine - they don't believe in blood transfusions. Organ transplants as well, I think - they weren't that common when I was growing up so I'm not sure.

But yeah, it used to piss me off to no end when Catholic et al neighbors and acquaintances would lose their shit on my parents for letting me attend meetings with my nana. "OMG THEY NOES BELIEVE IN MEDICINE STUFF".

No, dumbass. Those are the Christian Science folks.
    JWs are allowed transplanted organs as a matter of personal choice since 1980. As long as no blood is exchanged.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    What a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    JWs are allowed transplanted organs as a matter of personal choice since 1980. As long as no blood is exchanged.
    THanks puzz! I wasn't sure. I know absolutely no blood in any form, including platelets, etc.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post

Yea, I'm going to become a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Why doesn't JW believe in blood exchange?

I just don't understand why the girl didn't just move out. She was 18.

But Guzman's aunt, Melanie Guzman, said she saw a typical teenager when she visited the family a few months ago. Guzman could get angry, but violence seemed outside her character. Her mother spoiled her, she said.

She said she feels aspects of the police investigation remain undone and "there's something more to it."

"Her demeanor is pretty sweet. She's very coquette. I can see her yelling, screaming and storming off and locking herself in her room and turning on her iPod," Guzman said. "But not being violent like that."
    http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ra-death-court
    Last edited by bermstalker; 09-03-2013 at 02:35 AM.

It's how they interpret several passages of scripture in the bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah...d_transfusions

Also, no birthdays, Easter or Christmas - they're considered "Pagan" rites. And, if you've ever studied Wicca or Paganism, the Easter/Christmas thing makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    It's how they interpret several passages of scripture in the bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah...d_transfusions

Also, no birthdays, Easter or Christmas - they're considered "Pagan" rites. And, if you've ever studied Wicca or Paganism, the Easter/Christmas thing makes sense.
    Thanks for the information.

From the information on Wiki, it seems that there is a split in the church on the blood, tho. Some hospitals are also doing bloodless surgeries. After reading the information, I can kind of understand why JW may be against it.
    A variety of bloodless surgical techniques have been developed for use on patients who refuse blood transfusions for reasons that include concern about AIDS, hepatitis, and other blood-borne infections, or immune system reactions.
    I have heard of people getting bad blood. So in some weird way, I can see why they may be against it.

On the other hand, if my child was hurt and needed blood....there is no way I would forbid the hospital for giving her life saving blood.

Thread Information