Teen Saves 5-Year-Old Girl From Kidnapper By Chasing After Him on His Bike

When a young girl who is playing in her yard is snatched up by a stranger in his car and driven off, things don't normally end so well. But this time it did, thanks to two brave and amazing teen boys. Jocelyn Rojas could have ended up another terrible headline, but thanks to 15-year-old Temar Boggs and his friend, and their awesome bike-riding skills, Jocelyn is home with her family. Pull up a seat because this is the most inspiring story you'll hear today.

It all started when little Jocelyn was reportedly playing in her grandmother's front yard and a man in a burgendy colored van pulled up and may have enticed the girl into his vehicle by offering her ice cream.

When her family noticed she was missing, they called police, who set up roadblocks all over town. They also passed out her photo to 100 volunteers who quickly convened to try and find her.

Two of those volunteers were Temar and his pal. After riding around on their bikes, they spotted the girl in the man's car and instead of pedaling away to alert adults, they simply chased after him.

Reportedly, the boys tailed the car for 15 minutes and the suspect definitely knew he was being followed. At any rate, Boggs had zero intention of letting him get away, saying:

If he wasn't going to stop, I was probably going to, like, jump on the car.

But the man did stop, pulling over and letting the girl out of the car. She then ran straight to Boggs. The teen told a local station:

As soon as the guy started noticing that we were chasing him, he stopped at the end of the hill and let her out, and she ran to me and said that she needed her mom.

Boggs brought the girl to police, who alerted her family.

Jocelyn's grandmother was overwhelmed with gratitude to the astonishingly brave teen, telling him:

Thank you. You're our hero. He's our hero. I mean, there's no words to say.

We hear so much bad press about teens, that I think it's easy to forget that most of them are fine young men and women. Thank goodness for Boggs and his pal, or who knows where Jocelyn would be now.