Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: The Death Penalty in action - issues updates and the ongoing debate

"DaisyLane wrote: DP is meant to be a deterrent...

Dolce wrote: No, it's not. It's supposed to be a punishment."

I believe it is both. Yes, it is punishment for a crime committed, but is also supposed to be a deterrent. That's also what a punishment is for.

Remember growing up, if you did something wrong, you got grounded? Didn't that punishment make it so you were afraid to do something you weren't supposed to, in fear of the punishment? True, punishments don't deter everyone, hence why people still commit crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

If the purpose of the death penalty is to keep society safe from the person who committed a crime, I would argue that this can be done just as effectively with a lwop sentence. If the purpose is punishment, then the purpose of punishment is misunderstood because punishment is designed to correct behavior, which doesn't work if you are dead. If the purpose is deterrence, it is also a failure, as it has been shown time and again that the death penalty does not do this effectively. That leaves only retribution or vengeance as a motivation. This prospect is deeply disturbing to me.

Most executions took place in China, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the USA – in that order.
    Yay! We keep such good company!

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...s-and-figures/
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    "Bad Eggs" are relative to what people's personal opinions are. You believe that someone with a drug charge is a "Bad Egg" and doesn't deserve to walk the streets. I believe judgmental people who think they know it all and are rude and dissenting are "Bad Eggs" and I don't want those people on the streets with me.

Fair enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    "Bad Eggs" are relative to what people's personal opinions are. You believe that someone with a drug charge is a "Bad Egg" and doesn't deserve to walk the streets. I believe judgmental people who think they know it all and are rude and dissenting are "Bad Eggs" and I don't want those people on the streets with me.

Fair enough?
    You are determined to ignore and twist what I wrote.

A drug charge doesn't land a person on death row. I encourage you to really read each and every arrest record of anyone on death row. No one is plucking up choir boys and throwing them in jail. It takes dozens of arrests, second and third chances, and many hours of investigation and court time to get someone there.

And your point about wanting me off the streets because I have an opinion that is not the same is yours is just stupid. Is that the best you can do? Lame.

Also lame is Bowie calling me out in Premie. Aren't you a woman in your 30s, about to be a mother? Trying to rally your minions against me makes you look pathetic. Please, for your child's sake, grow up a bit.
    Noob iz good at dishing but canna take it.

Paranoid much?

Nobody "rallied" anyone and I assure you that nobody is a "minion" here. One post pointing out how fucking annoying you are and she's right. Nobody even commented on it.

You've got this bullshit in your head that people on this forum are ganging up and out to get you when in reality you're acting like a total shit stain so the rational people here are reacting towards you in a way that's expected when someone is acting like a shit stain.

Did it ever occur to you that there's ways of getting your opinion across without being a dick about it?

Hate to break it to you. There's no conspiracy.

I'm just going to leave this here and slowly walk away....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arkansas...inkId=35704543
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here and slowly walk away....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arkansas...inkId=35704543
    Executing in bulk to use up the drugs before they expire? Wow.

Paranoid much?

Nobody "rallied" anyone and I assure you that nobody is a "minion" here. One post pointing out how fucking annoying you are and she's right. Nobody even commented on it.

You've got this bullshit in your head that people on this forum are ganging up and out to get you when in reality you're acting like a total shit stain so the rational people here are reacting towards you in a way that's expected when someone is acting like a shit stain.

Did it ever occur to you that there's ways of getting your opinion across without being a dick about it?

Hate to break it to you. There's no conspiracy.
    Bowie wrote this, "dolcevita tho haha" You think she was talking to herself? Come on. She wanted to get a rise out of you.

And how am I acting like a shit stain? You (pl.) are willfully ignoring and twisting what I say.

The article about Arkansas? What does that have to do with anything I said?

And just because you think that Texas "must have executed someone innocent" along the way doesn't magically make it so.

I never said the death penalty was cheap.

I never said that it wasn't barbaric.

So stop responding to me with links showing me that the death penalty is disgusting and expensive and racist because I already know that. I also know that I am happy not to share the air with the overwhelming majority of the stains upon society that are currently sitting on death row.

Quote Originally Posted by dolcevita View Post
    The article about Arkansas? What does that have to do with anything I said?
    Holy shit. remove the stick from your fucking ass.
    I posted the link because it's something I read recently and saw this thread getting lots of action (plus it's fucking insane that they're only doing it because the drugs they bought are about to expire...not because it's the person's time), not because of anything you said. Please show me where I have ever had a problem with you to think that something I post has anything to fucking do with you. You think that everyone is jumping on you as some kind of clique thing, obviously that's not the problem here.

I was ignoring all this shit, but I'm now going to agree on her cuntness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

This is the death penalty thread and all articles about the death penalty are welcomed. It has nothing to do with narcissistic dolce.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Holy shit. remove the stick from your fucking ass.
    I posted the link because it's something I read recently and saw this thread getting lots of action (plus it's fucking insane that they're only doing it because the drugs they bought are about to expire...not because it's the person's time), not because of anything you said. Please show me where I have ever had a problem with you to think that something I post has anything to fucking do with you. You think that everyone is jumping on you as some kind of clique thing, obviously that's not the problem here.

I was ignoring all this shit, but I'm now going to agree on her cuntness.
    LOL. Okay, you're right. I didn't realize that your post and the other one were not directed toward me. Sorry about that.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Funny coincidence how someone pro-capital punishment has such a disdain for people.
    That's a nice way of saying they're a fucking asshole. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Funny coincidence how someone pro-capital punishment has such a disdain for people.
    That's a nice way of saying they're a fucking asshole. Wow.
    I have disdain for rapists, kiddie diddlers, murderers and otherwise shitty, useless people.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    This is the death penalty thread and all articles about the death penalty are welcomed. It has nothing to do with narcissistic dolce.
    How DARE she post something about the Death Penalty in the Death Penalty thread!

Dolce only confirmed the paranoia with that little outburst.

Newsflash, Dolce, we keep telling you that it's not all about you and guess what.... It's indeed not all about you. Shocker.

ETA: BTW, since you seem to know what's being said in preemie (which really... One stupid line about someone who's acting stupid), I assume you have multi accounts on here. You do realize that's a bannable offense, right? And you're basically admitting it.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 03-25-2017 at 10:18 AM.

I find it deeply concerning that someone so incapable of engaging in any sort of intelligent debate without becoming defensive and otherwise childish is in law school. Also, at telling Bowie to grow up given your own post history.

How DARE she post something about the Death Penalty in the Death Penalty thread!

Dolce only confirmed the paranoia with that little outburst.

Newsflash, Dolce, we keep telling you that it's not all about you and guess what.... It's indeed not all about you. Shocker.

ETA: BTW, since you seem to know what's being said in preemie (which really... One stupid line about someone who's acting stupid), I assume you have multi accounts on here. You do realize that's a bannable offense, right? And you're basically admitting it.
    I guess you didn't see where I posted this: LOL. Okay, you're right. I didn't realize that your post and the other one were not directed toward me. Sorry about that.

And no, I don't have two accounts.

You are determined to ignore and twist what I wrote.

A drug charge doesn't land a person on death row. I encourage you to really read each and every arrest record of anyone on death row. No one is plucking up choir boys and throwing them in jail. It takes dozens of arrests, second and third chances, and many hours of investigation and court time to get someone there.

And your point about wanting me off the streets because I have an opinion that is not the same is yours is just stupid. Is that the best you can do? Lame.

Also lame is Bowie calling me out in Premie. Aren't you a woman in your 30s, about to be a mother? Trying to rally your minions against me makes you look pathetic. Please, for your child's sake, grow up a bit.
    I was rolling my eyes at you because you're obnoxious and you know you are and you intentionally are. I don't need to rally anyone against you; you do a fine job on your own. Also, you like making threads about your persecution complex despite intentionally saying abrasive things to rile people up.

My entire comment about you FYI was 'dolecevita though'. I hope YOUR minion reported it correctly. Also glad you've apparently been stalking me in other threads?

Your point, initially, is that you don't feel bad about people being wrongfully executed because they were guilty of other 'heinous crimes' like drug possession. Please correct me if this is not what you think.
    Last edited by bowieluva; 03-25-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post
    I find it deeply concerning that someone so incapable of engaging in any sort of intelligent debate without becoming defensive and otherwise childish is in law school. Also, at telling Bowie to grow up given your own post history.
    Well she is a 21-year-old hot babe innocent in the woods attending law school so I would take what she says with a grain of salt. Her email address to sign in is fake as fuck so my guess is she's actually not what she represents. She says whatever to make her points seem more valid.

I was rolling my eyes at you because you're obnoxious and you know you are and you intentionally are. I don't need to rally anyone against you; you do a fine job on your own. Also, you like making threads about your persecution complex despite intentionally saying abrasive things to rile people up.

My entire comment about you FYI was 'dolecevita though'. I hope YOUR minion reported it correctly. Also glad you've apparently been stalking me in other threads?

Your point, initially, is that you don't feel bad about people being wrongfully executed because they were guilty of other 'heinous crimes' like drug possession. Please correct me if this is not what you think.
    You wrote, "dolcevita tho haha." Why would you say anything if not to ignite people?

And no, I never said that drug possession was a death-worthy offense. Please read all of my posts.

And now I'm 23 and in my last year of law school.

You wrote, "dolcevita tho haha." Why would you say anything if not to ignite people?

And no, I never said that drug possession was a death-worthy offense. Please read all of my posts.

And now I'm 23 and in my last year of law school.
    But what was your point, then, when your response to people being executed wrongly was to argue that 'most of them were dangerous criminals anyway', if not to imply that the execution was acceptable because of things like, by your own examples, drug possession convictions/arrests?

But what was your point, then, when your response to people being executed wrongly was to argue that 'most of them were dangerous criminals anyway', if not to imply that the execution was acceptable because of things like, by your own examples, drug possession convictions/arrests?
    The guy who was convicted of drug possession had also been convicted of armed robbery and many other violent offenses. If someone like him dies, I won't waste a minute gnashing my teeth or rending my clothes.

The guy who was convicted of drug possession had also been convicted of armed robbery and many other violent offenses. If someone like him dies, I won't waste a minute gnashing my teeth or rending my clothes.
    But you think the state should execute him for a crime they're pretty aware he didn't commit? because to me that is (without getting into how I just in general disagree with that sentiment, but you are entitled to your opinion) what is fucked up and scary. How can we trust in a justice system that functions in this backward way? How can we continue to tolerate a death penalty which is otherwise condemned in the overwhelming majority of developed nations, aside from Japan, where an execution occurs EXTREMELY infrequently, especially given how blatantly flawed, classist, and racist the system clearly is?

But you think the state should execute him for a crime they're pretty aware he didn't commit? because to me that is (without getting into how I just in general disagree with that sentiment, but you are entitled to your opinion) what is fucked up and scary. How can we trust in a justice system that functions in this backward way? How can we continue to tolerate a death penalty which is otherwise condemned in the overwhelming majority of developed nations, aside from Japan, where an execution occurs EXTREMELY infrequently, especially given how blatantly flawed, classist, and racist the system clearly is?
    They were unaware that he wasn't guilty until after his death.

And I don't know about the death penalty, I really don't. In theory, I'm against it. However, I read about people like Tillman Freeman and I want to kill him, myself.

I wanna know who the mole is. Someone feeding gossip out of preemie threads is bullshit. I feel a need to smite them for being chodelicks.
    (Again, not that bowie said anything controversial or negative, so way to super shitstir)
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    I wanna know who the mole is. Someone feeding gossip out of preemie threads is bullshit. I feel a need to smite them for being chodelicks.
    (Again, not that bowie said anything controversial or negative, so way to super shitstir)
    Yeah, I am very pissed off at whomever has been spilling shit from the members only pregnancy thread. That is a huge fucking violation of privacy. BTW, Dolce, I have chosen not to discuss my pregnancy aside from the pregnancy-specific private threads because I have repeatedly stressed that I am at risk and very concerned with miscarrying. I have not even announced it to my IRL friends. In your defense, I doubt you knew that was the situation, but whomever has been telling you shit did.

So there you go, MDS general. Might be having a baby or I might find out it's dead in a week. But please continue using that as fodder against me because you don't like my posts.

Thread Information