Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendrick Johnson (17) Dies after getting trapped in gym mats

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    this shit is still dumb

I'm sure you'd say that if it was your kid that died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Well this explains some things ... "witness tampering."

I can't help but laugh about the Federal Marshals telling that Ryan Hall kid that they have more on him than they do on Brian Bell. But they don't have enough on Hall to arrest him, and they're admitting they have even less evidence against Bell? Way to show your hand, guise!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ring/31039703/

Former HS football star now among those probed for witness tampering

(Aug. 3, 2015)Two and a half years ago, Brian Bell, a former football star at Lowndes High School in Valdosta Ga., first was investigated in the death of a classmate. Last month, federal authorities raided several college dorm rooms and homes, including those of Bell and his parents, as the probe took a turn into witness tampering and obstruction.

In January 2013, Kendrick Johnson, a 17-year-old black student, was found dead in a rolled-up wrestling mat at Lowndes High. The incident sparked racial strife in the community and gained national attention when Florida State withdrew a football scholarship offer to Bell, who is white.

Federal prosecutor Michael Moore convened a grand jury last year after brushing aside the findings of local and state law enforcement agencies that ruled Johnson?s death was an accident, and federal authorities opened a murder investigation. U.S. Marshals Service agents carried out search warrants at several locations July 21.

The agents arrived simultaneously at the home of Rick and Karen Bell; the college dormitory room of their son, Brian; the Valdosta State dorm room of their other son; Brandon; the home of former Lowndes High student Ryan Hall; the college dorm room of another former Lowndes student and current Valdosta State student, Taylor Eakin, and the Valdosta home of Eakin?s parents between 4 and 5 a.m. ET. They seized cellphones and computers, according to the warrants obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

Hall told The Valdosta Daily Times that, after he was handcuffed and agreed to talk to the agents without a lawyer, he was driven two hours to Macon, Ga., and interrogated for four hours.

The search warrants for the Bells' residence in the Jacksonville, Fla., area; the Eakins' residence in Valdosta and Taylor Eakin's dorm room specified the agents were looking for the transmission of any information about witnesses and the grand jury investigation into the death of Johnson.

"The kind of thing (Moore) is looking for is some statement where there was a suggestion to a witness not to testify or that a witness did not have to testify or something along those lines," said Brice Ladson, attorney for the Bells and Eakins. "They are not looking for evidence of a murder. According to the warrants, the search was designed to obtain evidence of witness tampering, not murder.

"Wouldn't it be something that we are two years into this (investigation) and all that we get out of this are some allegations of witness tampering or witnesses may have had conversations with the Bells related to grand jury testimony. Is that it?"

A spokesperson for Moore, U.S. attorney in the Middle District of Georgia, said he had no comment.

Moore announced Oct. 31, 2013, that he was leading an investigation into the Johnson?s death. Local and state police investigators said Johnson?s death was accidental, concluding he crawled inside the standing gym mat to retrieve a shoe and became stuck and asphyxiated.

Johnson's parents said their son was murdered by Brian Bell, Brandon Bell and Hall at the behest of Rick Bell, who is an FBI agent. The Johnsons hired their own pathologist who said Kendrick Johnson died of blunt force trauma. The Johnsons filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the Bells. The Bells countersued and also filed libel and defamation suits against Ebony magazine and a freelance journalist for portraying their sons as murderers.

Ladson said he was seeking a protective order related to the Bells? and Eakins? seized phones and computers because they contain privileged attorney-client communications related to the criminal case and civil suits. Ladson said he was worried those communications would be made public in court.

After FSU withdrew its offer to Brian Bell, the linebacker struggled to find another school where he could play football. However, he is enrolled at a school and hopes to play this fall. The family would not disclose which school.

Hall, 19, told The Valdosta Daily Times he was at his residence when agents knocked on his door, pushed their way inside and handcuffed him. The agents took items from the house but did not give him a list of what they took, Hall told the Times.

Hall said the agents told him, "We have more on you than we have on Brian. We have enough on you now to put you away."

"If they had all that," Hall said, "then I?m pretty sure I would be in handcuffs and in jail."

Hall since has retained an attorney, Byron Watson, who did not return a phone call asking for a comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I'm sure you'd say that if it was your kid that died.
    Right? Isn't that the guy stringing up people by their eyelids for just looking at his kid wrong?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

this shit is still dumb

& this shit still hasn't been adequately explained - how did the shoe that supposedly sat overnight in a pool of blood & body fluids, in the centre of a rolled mat with just a 19 inch diameter, with a dead body leaking body fluids onto the floor (forming that same puddle the shoe was supposedly sitting in) manage to come out without a speck of blood or body fluids on it?

If Kendrick was really reaching for that shoe it should be saturated - but it's clean, & so's the other half of the pair. At the very least it should've had a few drops on it. You can get an idea how much fluid was inside the mat in the photos 1 page back. Even if by some miracle (& it would have to be a miracle because that shoe would've been almost as long as the mat hole was wide) it wasn't saturated from the leaking fluids above AND the pooling fluids around it, it should've been splashed when they tipped it.

You can ignore all the rumours, laugh at the stupid stories about the sheriff's daughter & organs being stolen for the illegal transplant trade, that's cool, I think they're stupid too, but the lack of blood/body fluids on this shoe only makes sense if this shoe was not in the mat with Kendrick - & if it wasn't in there the entire "he climbed in alone & unassisted" scenario becomes a lot more dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Right? Isn't that the guy stringing up people by their eyelids for just looking at his kid wrong?
    me? i am a 37 year old bachelor with no kids, i know you aren't talking about me

blighted-i give up with you on this case; i'm curious then, who did it in your mind? there really is no plausible high schooler with a motive to have killed this kid but i'd be interested to hear who you think did it; and dont give me the whole "i am just playing devil's advocate and trying to look deeper" shit, i wanna know who you think did it.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    me? i am a 37 year old bachelor with no kids, i know you aren't talking about me
    Confused you with Kevansvault. Oops.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Confused you with Kevansvault. Oops.
    i am going to smite you for that shit

The Bell brothers speak out:

I believe them. I really do.

(If anyone has trouble viewing the youtube vid, here's another link to it: http://video.nydailynews.com/Teens-a...on=nydailynews. I couldn't find it at the WSB site for some reason ... just on their youtube channel.)
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

This is like the male version of that Morgana thread.

it is going to be interesting to see how much money this federal investigation has wasted if no major indictments are returned by any grand jury.

i mean, it isn't like south Georgia is a major drug corridor and that federal agents would be better utilized on that or anything.

Yeah I mean, it's not like the war on drugs is a huge waste of time or anything.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

This is like the male version of that Morgana thread.
    Oh god. Please don't make it come back. I wasted so much of my life on that thread. :-|

Haha don't give up just yet Andy

Is this for fucking real? I am so out. Let me join you all on the other side of the fence. The blood/shoes still makes no sense but fuck these excuses for lawyers. Uggh

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#se.../p2p-84257082/

<<snipped>>
    In July, the court ordered Kendrick’s parents, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson, to provide a "more definitive statement"*about the claims. Last week, they amended the lawsuit and claimed Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine, Lowndes County School Superintendent Wes Taylor, and Bell’s father, FBI agent Rick Bell, placed Kendrick’s body inside the wrestling mat so it would be found the next morning.

Let that sink in a minute.

In the middle of a busy school day, the head of the school system, the head of county law enforcement and an FBI agent decided they’d sneak a corpse into the gym and stuff it inside a rolled-up wrestling mat.

Sadly, that’s not even the punchline here.

A couple of days after filing that amendment, family attorney Chevene King Jr., sent a letter to the court that removed the allegations against Bell. The accusations stand against the other two men.

According to the letter, the allegations against Bell were the “result of a typographical error.”<<snipped>>

Oh, wow! It wasn't a county-wide conspiracy to kill that kid! Will wonders never cease.
    De mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est

Wow. How the hell did I miss this stuff? I even did a news search like a week ago, but the top stories were still about the raids, so I didn't look any further.

Thanks for posting that, blighted. I agree with the writer that this whole situation is "sadly comedic."

Here are the Valdosta Daily Times articles about it:

Aug. 12 - KJ family accuses officials of cover-up

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/ne...d2edf1d80.html

Aug. 15 - Kendrick Johnson's family backs off new accusations

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/ne...c755d92c1.html

Aug. 15 - Parents drop complaint officials aided son's mysterious death

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/cn...5dc3fd6e8.html

Unbelievable.

i feel bad for them, but man are they getting bad counsel.

criminally bad counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post

It's not my problem if you feel stupid or if you feel like a child.

I have tried to make very detailed posts so people understand what goes on behind the scenes to the best of my knowledge. It kind of is a big deal when someone is screaming a hate crime and conspiracy. Especially when someone may be tried and convicted for a crime they did not commit all because of untrained people making a lot of noise on the curb and a justice system that has to fight for a conviction just to appease a group of people.

I don't have a problem having a discussion that involves differences of opinions. That's what I like about a discussion forum.

I do see your child like tendencies when people disagree with you though. It's like you are throwing a tantrum in the middle of the candy isle.
    Tell me about it! Spot on! 100% correct!

criminally bad counsel.

Chevene King should be ashamed of himself.

Typographical error ... pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by wxplrfhtydtkdgdhufghtydcj View Post
    Tell me about it! Spot on! 100% correct!

morbidT is da bomb

She made this thread awesome.

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/ne...52cd6a250.html

KJ parents to face abusive litigation suit if they lose cases

(Sept. 15, 2015) VALDOSTA -- A 30-day deadline has passed, and now the parents of Kendrick Johnson will face abusive litigation lawsuits if they lose their civil suits against nearly 40 local and state officials they have accused of causing or covering up their son's death.

Last month, lawyers representing the defendants in the Johnson's suit sent abusive litigation letters to Chevene King, the Johnson's legal counsel, demanding the suit be dropped in 30 days.

The deadline has passed, and the suit has not been dropped.

However, an abusive litigation suit can only be brought against the Johnsons and King if they lose their wrongful death civil suit, said Lowndes County Sheriff's Office attorney Jim Elliott.

The abusive litigation letters were a response to amended complaints King filed Aug. 10 that accused Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine, Lowndes County School Superintendent Wes Taylor and FBI Agent Rick Bell of placing Johnson's body inside of a rolled-up gym mat in an effort to cover up the cause of his death at Lowndes High School more than two years ago.

Johnson's body was found upside down in a vertically stored gym mat at Lowndes High School in January 2013. A state autopsy ruled Johnson's death accidental. The Johnson family insists their son died of foul play.

King later sent another amendment to the complaint removing allegations of Bell's direct involvement but claimed Prine and Taylor allowed "John Doe II and certain other individuals currently unknown to plaintiffs to gain access to the old gymnasium located at Lowndes High School for purposes of manufacturing alleged evidence of an accidental death by placing the body of plaintiffs' decedent upside down inside a rolled-up gym mat and in a corner of the aforesaid gymnasium with the idea that said body would be discovered following the beginning of classes on Jan. 11, 2013."

In an email to the court, King claimed the Aug. 10 allegations were the "result of a typographical error."

Despite the clarification, Elliott sent abusive litigation letters to the Johnsons and their attorney giving the parents 30 days to drop the complaint. Elliott said the complaint "sets forth myriad false, outrageous, scurrilous and scandalous allegations of criminal conduct, based solely 'upon information and belief,' against Sheriff Prine, his deputies and many others."

U.S. Attorney Michael Moore opened a federal investigation into Johnson's death in fall 2013. Moore's investigation continues.

Sooooo, John Doe II had help from "certain other individuals currently unknown to the plaintiffs (the Johnsons)". Do they mean like ghosts ... or aliens? The sheriff's (nonexistent) son? Or racist midgets from Virginia? And how many? They're going to have to be more specific.

I can't wait to hear how they're going to explain all this in court, considering it's so completely different from what they were claiming before. My guess ... the alibis for the Bell brothers have been proven so solid (and perhaps the "missing" video has been retrieved and proves they weren't in the gym), that the Johnsons can no longer claim they killed KJ after he entered the gym on the 10th. So they're grasping at straws trying to explain it another way while still pointing the finger at the people they've been slandering and libeling all over the place.

But how will they explain that no one saw KJ after he entered the gym (on video) at 1:09 p.m. on the 10th? What a mess.

criminally bad counsel.
    That's very true. What matters is proving that his death was not an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by gnr reunion 2016 View Post
    That's very true. What matters is proving that his death was not an accident.
    Seriously?!? Just stop.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...an_unresolved/

Very well written post on this case for those interested

Before I get to the latest news ... U.S. Attorney Michael Moore, who opened the federal investigation in this case, suddenly resigned last fall, and the case was transferred to the U.S. attorney's office in OHIO for some unknown reason. I was too lazy to post it at the time.

Then the dude in charge of the investigation Ohio resigned, too, and the case was passed along to someone else in that state.

A couple of articles:

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/ne...d1f29fa92.html

*http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/ne...0c7a07903.html

Now for today's BOMBSHELL:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...th-laws/nqbhM/

Kendrick Johnson's parents drop wrongful death lawsuits

(Tuesday, March 1, 2016) The parents of Kendrick Johnson have -- for now -- withdrawn a wrongful death lawsuit against the son of an FBI agent they believe was involved in their son's death.

A companion suit, alleging a massive cover-up by state and local law enforcement, school officials and the state medical examiner?s office to protect Brian Bell and his accomplices, was also withdrawn Tuesday.

Last month, attorneys for the Bell family -- arguing the plaintiffs had introduced no credible evidence -- asked the judge hearing the case to issue a summary judgment. But Marcus Coleman, spokesman for Kendrick?s parents, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson, said the dismissals were strategic.

"I do believe the Johnsons will revisit the matter" Coleman told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "We did not want the civil matter to be the primary focus." [Sure, dude. Sure.]

Johnson's body was found in a rolled-up gym mat at Lowndes High in Valdosta in January 2013. Local and state investigators concluded he became trapped in the mat while reaching for a pair of sneakers.

Former U.S. Attorney Michael Moore wasn't convinced, however, and a federal probe was opened that October. No charges have been filed and, publicly, at least, no evidence has surfaced that links the Brian Bell and his alleged accomplices, including older brother Branden, to Johnson's death.

Coleman said he believes that investigation is nearing completion, and when it does, he expects the Johnsons to refile their wrongful death suits. The law requires they do so within six months.

Moore has since resigned and the case has since been transferred, without explanation, to the U.S. attorney?s office in the Northern District of Ohio.

Brian Bell?s attorney, Jason Ferguson, said the FBI has told him it has cleared his client of any involvement but the agency has declined comment.

Witnesses and surveillance footage place the brothers away from the old gymnasium at Lowndes High where Kendrick was last seen alive. Branden Bell, according to teammates, his coach and the bus driver, was en route to a wrestling tournament in Macon at the time. School cameras captured Brian in class on the other side of the sprawling campus.

The Bells, meanwhile, have no plans to drop their countersuit against the Johnsons, according to Brian's mother, Karen Bell.

"I'll see them in court," Bell told The AJC Tuesday.

A couple of weeks ago, the defendants in the $100 million lawsuit asked for a summary judgment due to lack of evidence, which I'm sure influenced today's bombshell.

Here's the article:

http://valdostatoday.com/2016/02/def...k-of-evidence/

It includes this:

Excerpt from the deposition of Kenneth L. Johnson, Sr., taken on 10/27/2015

Elliot: Okay. Mr. Johnson, who fabricated the story that Sheriff Prine, Superintendent Taylor, and Special Agent Rick Bell hid your son?s body in the Lowndes High School gym?

Johnson: Are you asking me who lied?

Elliott: I?m asking you who fabricated the story.

Johnson: I don?t know at this time

Elliott: Okay. Did you fabricate the story?

Johnson: No.

Elliott: Did you provide that information to your lawyer?

Johnson: I don?t know at this time.

Elliott: Who fabricated the story that Sheriff Prine and Superintendent Taylor permitted other persons into the gym for the purpose of hiding your son?s body?

Elliott: Okay. Did you fabricate that story?

Johnson: No.

Elliott: Did you provide that information to your lawyer?

Elliott: All right. And even in light of all that, you authorized your lawyer to file the amendments to the lawsuits that are pending that make those allegations?

Johnson: Yes.

Thread Information