Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Nightstalker Richard Ramirez dead of natural causes on California Death Row.

Yes, he was classified, I'm pretty sure, as a hybrid organized/disorganized killer, which means he didn't exactly have a 'type' but he came prepared to the scene. Although I am pretty sure Ramirez also winged it a lot...I'd be able to say for certain but my boyfriend has borrowed my best serial killer book and taken it to work.

I feel like there should be terms to differentiate specific target killers, and non-specific target killers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Yes, he was classified, I'm pretty sure, as a hybrid organized/disorganized killer, which means he didn't exactly have a 'type' but he came prepared to the scene. Although I am pretty sure Ramirez also winged it a lot...I'd be able to say for certain but my boyfriend has borrowed my best serial killer book and taken it to work.
    But I mean, he had like toddlers and octogenarians right? That's fucking insane. Haha insane. Extra insane/ You know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I feel like there should be terms to differentiate specific target killers, and non-specific target killers.
    There aren't?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/ramirez-richard.htm

10 were of "social security age" 8 were younger.

I see him as more of a serial/spree high bred killer. Wander into his path and you're likely to end up dead, as with a Bundy or Dahlmer they really did have "types"...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/ramirez-richard.htm

10 were of "social security age" 8 were younger.

I see him as more of a serial/spree high bred killer. Wander into his path and you're likely to end up dead, as with a Bundy or Dahlmer they really did have "types"...
    i was going to link this as a rebuttal to beantowncrazy's comment saying i was wrong, but this isn't accurate because it doesn't list the 6 year old he killed or the other (younger) folk he raped/assaulted that lived. but i listed all that in my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    There are terms, and there are terms that get more specific than that.

highly recommended reading:
    http://www.amazon.com/Crime-Classifi...ication+manual

http://www.amazon.com/Serial-Killers...serial+killers

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i was going to link this as a rebuttal to beantowncrazy's comment saying i was wrong, but this isn't accurate because it doesn't list the 6 year old he killed or the other (younger) folk he raped/assaulted that lived. but i listed all that in my response.
    Yeah 2 pages and 18 hours ago. You expect someone as old as I am to remember that long ago?

and yes, they acknowledge that they don't know the exact number
    Number of victims: 13 - 16 +
    but it gives you an idea of the ratio, but basically, I don't think the fact that some were older and some were younger has anything to do with a "type" that RR was looking for, they were just in the wrong place wrong time.
    Last edited by puzzld; 06-12-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

He was also a serial rapist in the San Jose area/Bay area before he moved down here. He's a large part of the reason police forces had to improve their contact with different departments.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    yeah, they acknowledge that they don't know the exact number but it gives you an idea of the ratio, but basically, I don't think the fact that some were older and some were younger has anything to do with a "type" that RR was looking for, they were just in the wrong place wrong time.
    that is the point i was trying to make which i thought had already been made. i wonder how many are truly unknown, if any.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    On April 10, 1984, 9-year old Mei Leung was found dead in a hotel basement where Ramirez was living at the time. This, his first known murder, was not initially identified as being connected to the crime spree. In 2009, Ramirez's DNA was matched to DNA obtained at the crime scene.[2]

On June 28, 1984, 79-year-old Jennie Vincow was found brutally murdered in her apartment in Glassell Park.[19] She had been stabbed repeatedly while asleep in her bed, and her throat was slashed so deeply that she was nearly decapitated.[20]

On February 21, 1985, sisters Christina and Mary Caldwell, aged 58 and 71, were found dead in their home. They each were stabbed dozens of times.[citation needed]

On March 17, 1985, Ramirez attacked 22-year-old Maria Hernandez outside her home. He shot her before entering her house. Inside was Dayle Okazaki, age 34, whom Ramirez immediately shot and killed. Hernandez survived. The bullet had ricocheted off the keys she held in her hands, as she lifted them to protect herself. Within an hour of killing Okazaki, Ramirez struck again in Monterey Park. He attacked 30-year-old Tsai-Lian "Veronica" Yu and pulled her out of her car onto the road. He shot her several times and fled.[21] A police officer found her still breathing, but she died before the ambulance arrived. The two attacks occurring on the same day bolstered media attention, and in turn caused panic and fear among the public. The news media dubbed the attacker, who was described as having long curly hair, bulging eyes and wide-spaced rotting teeth, "The Walk-in Killer" and "The Valley Intruder".

On March 27, Ramirez shot Vincent Zazzara, age 64, and his wife Maxine, age 44. Mrs. Zazzara's body was mutilated with several stab wounds and a T-carving on her left breast, and her eyes were gouged out. The autopsy determined that the mutilations were post-mortem. Ramirez left footprints in the flower beds, which the police photographed and cast. This was virtually the only evidence that the police had at the time. Bullets found at the scene were matched to those found at previous attacks, and the police realized a serial killer was at large. Vincent and Maxine's bodies were discovered in their Whittier home by their son, Peter.[22]

By now, a multi-county police investigation was in operation. The law enforcement agencies worked through the month of April with no additional attacks by Ramirez. Two months after killing the Zazzara couple, Ramirez attacked a married couple: Harold Wu, age 66, who was shot in the head; and his wife, Jean Wu, age 63, who was punched, bound, and then violently raped. For unknown reasons on this occasion, Ramirez did not kill his victim. He left behind more clues to his identity, and was named "The Night Stalker" by the media. Survivors of his attacks provided the police with a description of a tall Hispanic man with long dark hair.

On May 30, 1985, Ramirez attacked Malvial Keller, 83, and her disabled sister, Blanche Wolfe, 80, beating each with a hammer. Ramirez attempted to rape Keller, but failed. Using lipstick, he drew pentagrams on Keller's thigh and on the wall in the bedroom. Wolfe survived the attack. The next day, Ruth Wilson, 41, was bound, raped, and sodomized by Ramirez, while her 12-year-old son was locked in a closet. Ramirez slashed Wilson once, and then bound her and her son together, and left.[23]

On June 2, 1985, Edward Wildgans, 29, was shot and killed by Ramirez. His girlfriend was raped several times by Ramirez but survived. From early June through early July, three more women were killed. Two had their throats slit, one was beaten to death, and all three had their homes invaded. On July 5, sixteen-year-old Whitney Bennett survived after being beaten with a tire iron by Ramirez.

On July 7, Linda Fortuna, 63, was attacked and Ramirez tried to rape her, but failed.

On July 20, he again struck twice. In Sun Valley he shot and killed a 32-year-old man, Chitat Assawahem. His wife Sakima, 29, was beaten and forced to perform oral intercourse. Ramirez then collected valuables and proceeded to leave. Later in the same day a Glendale couple, Maxson Kneiding, 66, and his wife Lela, also 66, were shot and their corpses mutilated.
    The mugshot of Ramirez that led to his apprehension

On August 6, Ramirez shot both Christopher Petersen, 38, and his wife, Virginia, 27, in the head. Miraculously, they both survived. On August 8, Ramirez attacked a Diamond Bar couple, fatally shooting Ahmed Zia, 35, before raping, sodomizing, and forcing Zia's wife, Suu Kyi, 28, to perform fellatio on him. The description of their attacker fit the previous ones given for "The Walk-in Killer".

Ramirez then left Los Angeles, and on August 17, he shot to death a 66-year-old man in San Francisco, also shooting and beating his wife. The wife survived her wounds and was able to identify her attacker as "The Walk-in Killer" from police sketches. Since "The Walk-in Killer" no longer fit the modus operandi of the attacker, the news media re-dubbed him the "Night Stalker".

The next big break in the case came on August 24, 1985. Ramirez traveled 50 miles south of Los Angeles to Mission Viejo, and broke into the Mediterranean Village apartment of Bill Carns, 29, and his fianc?e, Inez Erickson, 27. Ramirez shot Carns in the head and raped Erickson. He demanded she swear her love for Satan and afterwards, forced her to perform oral intercourse on him. He then tied her and left. Erickson struggled to the window and saw the car Ramirez was driving. She was able to give a description of both Ramirez and his orange Toyota station wagon.[24] A teenager later identified the car from news reports and wrote down half its license plate number. The stolen car was found on August 28, and police were able to obtain one fingerprint that was on the mirror of the vehicle. The prints belonged to Richard Mu?oz Ramirez, who was described as a 25-year-old drifter from Texas with a long rap sheet that included many arrests for traffic and illegal drug violations.[25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard...lker.22_crimes
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

I think its safe to assume most serial killers killed more victims than we will ever know about.

I think its safe to assume most serial killers killed more victims than we will ever know about.
    i agree. not to mention rape victims we don't know about in his case. though, with people like dahmer i'm pretty sure we know, i think he enjoyed spilling his guts about his crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i agree. not to mention rape victims we don't know about in his case. though, with people like dahmer i'm pretty sure we know, i think he enjoyed spilling his guts about his crimes.
    A lot of them confess to murders they didn't commit, or allude to bodies that don't exist while deflecting from ones that do. Plus, a lot of their earlier crimes don't have their signatures and are never connected to them. Some of these guys started murdering when they were essentially little kids.

You guys should read the two books I linked. They are by far the best books I've ever read on the subject. The Crime manual is a lot more expansive and is, I believe, written by FBI agents, and the serial killer one is absolutely great, not sensationalistic at all.

There are terms, and there are terms that get more specific than that.

highly recommended reading:
    http://www.amazon.com/Crime-Classifi...ication+manual

http://www.amazon.com/Serial-Killers...serial+killers
    Never read either of these, but I'll have to put these on my list. I also highly recommend any of the books by Robert Ressler or John Douglas. These two have done groundbreaking work in profiling and helping to classify serial killers. Each book they've written delves deeply into the lives and minds of the criminals, and gives the reader a lot of insight into understanding how they view the world.

My bite is worse than my bark!

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    People that profile these women say they share some commonalities. It's like the ultimate man to them. The men are famous. They have many suitors, so the women feel special as the chosen one. They always know where their men are and that they can't cheat on them. It really is just bizarre. This is a Roman Catholic, virgin, too. You'd think that she'd be worried about that whole reuniting in the after-life thing.
    Like, I have a very real interest in serial killers and I'm sure I'm on some list with the government because of the books I've bought, but, it's purely from a sociological interest. My mind just boggles at these women. Low self-esteem or craziness; maybe I should read books on these crazy ladies.

Good riddance, terrifying fucker

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

Aug. 24: Mayor Dianne Feinstein disclosed yesterday that the gun used to kill a San Francisco accountant last Saturday was used by the "Night Stalker" to murder some of his Los Angeles victims. The ballistics tests prove that the serial killer is "somewhere in the Bay Area," said the mayor. Her disclosure came on the second day of a widespread effort by the San Francisco police to track down the person who is believed to be the killer of Peter Pan as well as several women in Los Angeles County. Pan, 66, was asleep in his bed in his home near Lake Merced when he was shot in the head by an intruder. His wife, Barbara, also shot in the head by the attacker, apparently after she awoke, remains in critical condition at San Francisco General Hospital. Surprised San Francisco police would not confirm the mayor's statement that ballistic tests linked Pan's killer with the "Night Stalker's" seven known victims. Her announcement was "premature" and could compromise the case against the killer, one officer said. "It was a buffoon statement," snorted a second officer. "There goes the gun into the bay." All the officers asked to remain*anonymous.

- needs to be added to the Wikipedia entry.
    http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...er-3176953.php
    Last edited by Badboobee; 06-18-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: ETA - source

Quote Originally Posted by Badboobee View Post
    Aug. 24: Mayor Dianne Feinstein disclosed yesterday that the gun used to kill a San Francisco accountant last Saturday was used by the "Night Stalker" to murder some of his Los Angeles victims. The ballistics tests prove that the serial killer is "somewhere in the Bay Area," said the mayor. Her disclosure came on the second day of a widespread effort by the San Francisco police to track down the person who is believed to be the killer of Peter Pan as well as several women in Los Angeles County. Pan, 66, was asleep in his bed in his home near Lake Merced when he was shot in the head by an intruder. His wife, Barbara, also shot in the head by the attacker, apparently after she awoke, remains in critical condition at San Francisco General Hospital. Surprised San Francisco police would not confirm the mayor's statement that ballistic tests linked Pan's killer with the "Night Stalker's" seven known victims. Her announcement was "premature" and could compromise the case against the killer, one officer said. "It was a buffoon statement," snorted a second officer. "There goes the gun into the bay." All the officers asked to remain*anonymous.

ugh she is a piece of work - this crap happens all the time because of the californa gun buy back program, you can turn in any gun for gift cards up to i think $300 and its anonymous and they never ask for any id so criminals use it to turn in guns used in murders so they can get rid of them, and i think they aren't even allowed to run fingerprints and the guns turned in because that would invade the criminals anonymity so they can't ever be traced back to the murderers plus they get a GC to best buy as a ty from califorania for helping them get rid of "hot guns" (and thats not counting all the guns that get seem stolen during gun by back times just so the criminals can get my gift cards)- and those "hot guns" are the guns that tend to disappear from the evidence rooms

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboobee View Post

RIP

Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information