Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: There can be peace amongst us

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So this will continue to go on. It amazes me how many avid followers this case has. People are really invested in this! Before I red this thread, I didn't think it was any more interesting than an episode of Snapped. Half the

To continue because I'm still figurin out my iPhone... Half the people who post in here could write a book about this trial. It's incedible to me how much Jodi has affected so many people.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

According to the DTTAM thread, there are now PM's going out to people who are just browsing "the" Jodi thread, and not posting.

I feel like this is crossing a huge line.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

God I hate those people.

Can we close the threads now? At least a temporary close of the useless threads until trial starts again? I think it would make it easier to handle to handle the crazy..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    According to the DTTAM thread, there are now PM's going out to people who are just browsing "the" Jodi thread, and not posting.

I feel like this is crossing a huge line.
    I agree. Thats ridiculous. People are just on here to stir up sh*t sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Can we close the threads now? At least a temporary close of the useless threads until trial starts again? I think it would make it easier to handle to handle the crazy..

That is up to Mike, ultimately. I don't know if I can handle the spilloff when those people turn to other threads for solace.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    That is up to Mike, ultimately. I don't know if I can handle the spilloff when those people turn to other threads for solace.
    They won't.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I have not been into any Arias threads except the haiku one when it first went up, but I think Ron is right about the lack of spilloff. There were a lot of noobs in the (dare I a say it?) Ingram thread, and I think about half of us are still around. I could be wrong bc I havent been in the Arias threads. But the rest of the site, aside from chit chat and fun threads requires some research sometime to contribute something and from what I hear the Arias threads are more opinion oriented and argumentative. I guess we will see.

I mean, they'll have to get bored of it at some point right? ...right?

Keep the madness contained and vote off the ones that suck.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I mean, they'll have to get bored of it at some point right? ...right?

Keep the madness contained and vote off the ones that suck.
    ooooh. MDS "Survivor"? cool

I am really disappointed with the jurors but that's no reason for people to lose their damn minds. I went into the main thread to voice my frustration but didn't read the previous posts from the last 24 hours because I know there is some degree of outrage. I'm feeling it, but dayum that's no reason to start getting all crazy and shit. I saw that last week when it was reported on the news that Patti Whatshername had death threats against her.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I am really disappointed with the jurors but that's no reason for people to lose their damn minds. I went into the main thread to voice my frustration but didn't read the previous posts from the last 24 hours because I know there is some degree of outrage. I'm feeling it, but dayum that's no reason to start getting all crazy and shit. I saw that last week when it was reported on the news that Patti Whatshername had death threats against her.
    I'm not going back into that crazy thread again. I don't know what happened but a bunch of peeps went nuts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The juror's duty wasn't to sentence her to death. It was to determine whether they felt the death penalty was warranted, and several didn't. You can't be disappointed in a bunch of people who don't share the desire to kill a person they've never met.

I didnt care if she got the death penalty or not. I think it's a punishment that was created for people like the two men that committed the Petit family murders. That's my personal opinion though, and apparently it's not a popular one.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm confused why people are so "satisfied" with the death penalty.

It's an awful system, and it's horribly broken. They sit on death row forever, so it really doesn't save the tax payers that much money - not even considering those who appeal.

When I was taking criminal law, the latest statistic was something like 13% for those found innocent after-the-fact.

It's an awful system, and it's horribly broken. They sit on death row forever, so it really doesn't save the tax payers that much money - not even considering those who appeal.

When I was taking criminal law, the latest statistic was something like 13% for those found innocent after-the-fact.
    Is the death penalty actually a deterrent?

One of the men that killed the Petit family also killed 17 other women and made a snuff film. He actually asked for the death penalty. I think he a poses a threat to society, and needs to stay in prison for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    One of the men that killed the Petit family also killed 17 other women and made a snuff film. He actually asked for the death penalty. I think he a poses a threat to society, and needs to stay in prison for the rest of his life.
    He just claims that, most likely because it creates so many open ends that it successfully diverts him from being executed while police all over the country are forced to look into unsolved crimes and see if he is connected. I doubt he killed all of those women. It's a very calculated move.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    He just claims that, most likely because it creates so many open ends that it successfully diverts him from being executed while police all over the country are forced to look into unsolved crimes and see if he is connected. I doubt he killed all of those women. It's a very calculated move.
    Yea, that's Law & Order: SVU, not real fucking life. Wow.

Solid move though.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, that's Law & Order: SVU, not real fucking life. Wow.

Solid move though.
    There is such thing as serial killers IRL.

Interesting...I did not know he did that as a ruse. It makes sense though, he knows they read his mail.

I am opposed to the death penalty but I believe that when it is used, it should be used on people who pose a constant threat to society and would put safety at great risk if they were to somehow get free from prison. Like Charles Ng.

Maybe I didn't choose my wording correctly. My disappointment is that it isn't over. Although I am not a big supporter of DP, I kinda felt it was warranted in this case. I can't say that if I were on the jury that I could come to that decision myself. I realize that there are people on the main thread that are passionate about the case because they relate on some level due to a tragic event in their lives. I get that.

As far as the whole MDS site, I love it!! I enjoy the different threads. I really don't get offended by Chauncy or Ron or some the others that have strong opinions. I get offended by people who take it upon themselves for whatever reason to try to be the moral compass or try to call people out for spelling errors. That is slightly annoying. I hate to harp on this again but I was called out for referring to myself as one of the kids on the short bus. My son has Asperger's for fucksake. Just to clarify exactly the type of person I am, I am one of a handful of people that got the joke when Roseanne sang the National Anthem. She wasn't mocking America she was imitating the damn baseball players..duh..they spit and scratch their balls. Some people take shit too damn seriously. I ain't into hate just being fair.

Thread Information