Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Asshole Politician of the Day

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Get 'em!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Texas Legislator Claims Rape Kits Are A Form Of Abortion

n the midst of all the chaos on Sunday night as the Texas legislature pushed through a series of stringent restrictions on abortion and women’s health, it was easy to miss what might have been the most inaccurate and dangerous claim of the evening: One state representative tried to argue on the State House floor that rape kits are a form of abortion.

Texas Rep. Jody Laubenberg (R) sponsored several anti-abortion measures currently making their way to the Governor’s desk. Taken together, they would shut down the vast majority of the state’s women’s health clinics and criminalize abortions after 20 weeks. But in reasoning out why she did not support an exemption for rape victims in the 20-week ban, Laubenberg betrayed a woeful lack of information on the procedures a victim of rape undergoes — namely, the “rape kit,” which is used to collect data on the assailant and in no way relates to pregnancy:

When Rep. Senfronia Thompson, D-Houston, called for an exemption for women who were victims of rape and incest, Rep. Jody Laubenberg, R-Parker, explained why she felt it was unnecessary.

“In the emergency room they have what’s called rape kits where a woman can get cleaned out,” she said, comparing the procedure to an abortion. “The woman had five months to make that decision, at this point we are looking at a baby that is very far along in its development.”

The remark about rape kits, which is not accurate, sparked widespread ridicule on social media sites. Laubenberg, who has difficulty debating bills, then simply rejected all proposed changes to her bill without speaking until the end of the debate.

Rape kits are used to collect DNA evidence from the bodies of rape victims; after a victim enters a hospital, staff collect bodily fluid, residue under the victim’s nails, and any blood or hair samples that could be relevant for an investigation. Rape kits are in no way equivalent to an abortion.

Though it doesn’t sound likely from her comments, Laubenberg may have meant that some hospitals administer Plan B to rape victims. Plan B stops fertilization of an egg, and is also not equivalent to an abortion — though it does at least relate to reproduction, unlike rape kits.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...m-of-abortion/

late to the party on this one, but I have to comment. LULZZZZ at thinking a rape kit can *clean a woman out.* as ifs some magical abortion douche or something.

as far as ultrasounds before an abortion....from a purely medical standpoint, I feel it's necessary if they haven't had one yet. yes, rising hcg blood levels confirm a viable pregnancy. but what if it's an ectopic pregnancy? that's a whole new ballgame, and the treatment for that is different than that of an in utero gestation. going about it the wrong way could be deadly.

I do not agree with using ultrasounds as a weapon to make a woman feel guilty about her choice. that's unacceptable. just because someone is having an abortion, that doesn't mean she's all gung-ho and happy about it. yes, there is that rare scumbag chick who uses abortion as a form of birth control, but I don't think that everyone should have to suffer for the actions of a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    This was a bit of an overreaction...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...o/-/index.html

dude looks/sounds like a crazypants to me.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    late to the party on this one, but I have to comment. LULZZZZ at thinking a rape kit can *clean a woman out.* as ifs some magical abortion douche or something.

as far as ultrasounds before an abortion....from a purely medical standpoint, I feel it's necessary if they haven't had one yet. yes, rising hcg blood levels confirm a viable pregnancy. but what if it's an ectopic pregnancy? that's a whole new ballgame, and the treatment for that is different than that of an in utero gestation. going about it the wrong way could be deadly.

I do not agree with using ultrasounds as a weapon to make a woman feel guilty about her choice. that's unacceptable. just because someone is having an abortion, that doesn't mean she's all gung-ho and happy about it. yes, there is that rare scumbag chick who uses abortion as a form of birth control, but I don't think that everyone should have to suffer for the actions of a few.
    the ultrasound laws put into place are supposed to FORCE a woman into looking at the fetus to make her feel guilty. and the vaginal ultrasound is total bullshit. putting something in your vagina against your will is rape. so you were raped, here lets just go ahead and put this in her vagina against her will all over again. no.

It wasn't rape if they got pregnant, Emmie, come on. The body has a way of shutting that down.

oh, silly me. surely i'm not expected to remember this stuff. i'm just a dainty, ditzy, woman after all. its a good thing all these mens are around to protect me.

It's okay! Now hustle back to the kitchen.

Nausiating.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    the ultrasound laws put into place are supposed to FORCE a woman into looking at the fetus to make her feel guilty. and the vaginal ultrasound is total bullshit. putting something in your vagina against your will is rape. so you were raped, here lets just go ahead and put this in her vagina against her will all over again. no.
    vaginal ultrasound isn't bullshit. it's (radiographically) the only way to confirm pregnancy if it's really early. transabdominal/pelvic ult won't let you see enough. And medically, confirming a pregnancy is necessary before giving abortificants or having a surgical procedure. it just is. like I said; from a medical standpoint, I see where it's necessary. from the standpoint of a woman, I don't agree with the reason being to make a patient feel guilty. I think that's awful. to me, the intention is what matters.

the bottom line is, the doctors and nurses preforming aboritons and giving drugs should decide what is medically necessary. not the government or insurance companies.

the bottom line is, the doctors and nurses preforming aboritons and giving drugs should decide what is medically necessary. not the government or insurance companies.
    "Republicans believe health-care choices should be yours, not the government's."
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...the_union.html

Right after she voted for :http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4681743.html
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

i agree. but someone has to regulate the medical professionals and what they can do to begin with. is there/should there be an entity separate from the gov't to do that? i'm not clear on the rules as far as that goes.

Former federal prison inmate #03128-095 is running for Congress in Louisiana – and he happens to be the state's former governor.
    Edwin Edwards, a popular pol in his day, will try to make a political comeback despite his federal racketeering conviction 12 years ago and his advanced age: The Democrat is 86 years old.
    Edwards told Bloomberg News on Wednesday that he'll try to win the seat held by Republican Bill Cassidy, who's vacating it to run for the U.S. Senate.
    'I'm the only hope the Democrats have here,' the disgraced four-term governor said. And the kind of voters who will dismiss him because he's a convicted felon, he reasoned, 'wouldn't have voted for me anyway.'
    This is not a plot from a reality show, although Edwards has already starred in one.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2trdMO4hr
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Dems can't find someone better than this?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Harry Reid-D-Nevada

So because your legislation is a piece of shit, everyone who's been hurt by it and has come forth to speak on the issue is a, "liar?" What a piece of garbage, but I've come to expect this stupidity out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by mj2sexay View Post
    Harry Reid-D-Nevada

So because your legislation is a piece of shit, everyone who's been hurt by it and has come forth to speak on the issue is a, "liar?" What a piece of garbage, but I've come to expect this stupidity out of him.
    Are you talking about the ACA?
    I missed this one...so Reid said ppl complaining about it are liars?

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Are you talking about the ACA?
    I missed this one...so Reid said ppl complaining about it are liars?
    Reid took to the senate floor and said in a direct quote, ?there's plenty of horror stories being told. All of them are untrue, but they're being told all over America." Sorry Harry...clearly you want to zero in on the Koch funded ad telling the story of Julie Boonstra which has already been fact-checked ad nauseum, and you have no problem lumping in everyone else to take potshots on the senate floor.

I agree with him in one respect. The Koch brothers are trying to buy legislation, and while it can be debated as to how money and influence affect our political arena (more then anything in my opinion,) I just wonder how this fucking hypocrite reconciles that with the fact that he's lived off the George Soros tit for the past decade. He's a hack. As much as I dislike John Boehner, he is the Democratic answer. And I thought only members of the GOP were white, out of touch fools.

Oh, and fuck Rick Perry for calling evolution a theory. I mean seriously? This is still a debate?

i haven't heard too much about how terrible the ACA is lately, even from the guys at the world's most republican bar. i guess it's not that bad after all.

eta: as a matter of fact, all of them have been spending plenty of time at their doctors getting all sorts of check ups and tests. does that mean they are actually taking advantage of having tons of new preventative services available to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The sad thing is though, even though they're covered, there's no medical cure for hypocrisy.
    yeah. they've moved on to being pissed that michelle would use air force one and because they plan to retire to a big house in hawaii. oh, and one guy thinks that obama will run for reelection.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i haven't heard too much about how terrible the ACA is lately, even from the guys at the world's most republican bar. i guess it's not that bad after all.

eta: as a matter of fact, all of them have been spending plenty of time at their doctors getting all sorts of check ups and tests. does that mean they are actually taking advantage of having tons of new preventative services available to them?
    At the cost of everyone else. Low enrollment, rising costs of premiums, people getting service dropped left and right. People haven't "moved on" to anything, and I have a strong feeling the mid-term elections will bear it out. Already the very legislation that DWS said the DOC would run on is being swept under the rug by Democratic politicians in swing states.

Also, special shout out to Randy Forbes. The GOP is having a hard enough time being brought into this century, and when they have an opportunity to be brought to 2014 by having gay candidates on the ticket, this douchebag wants to cut their funding for no other reason then his own bigotry. Typical old out of touch white guy that needs to get laid.

I do apologise, but I am morally bound to post this picture of Tony Fucking Abbott everyday he continues to breathe.

Last edited by blighted star; 03-10-2014 at 03:21 AM.

2nd apology :

The way you guys spell "asshole" ALWAYS makes images like this flash through my mind

Sorry ...

A cowboy, a curmudgeon, a biker or a normal guy': Hilarious GOP Idaho governor's debate makes comic history as candidates spar about racist jokes, 'spiritual warfare' and how nuclear accidents were foretold by the Bible
    One candidate is a motorcycle gang leader who claims God told him he'll be president someday, and whose website includes dozens of racist jokes
    Another is a white-bearded carbon copy of Uncle Jesse from 'The Dukes of Hazzard' who claims nuclear accidents were foretold in the Bible
    Idaho Gov. Butch Otter and his more mainstream challenger, state Sen. Russ Fulcher, struggled to keep a straight face as the outsiders ranted
    'I'm about as politically correct as your proverbial turd in the punchbowl,' the biker deadpanned
    'Our forests are cut like somebody raising tomatoes,' the elderly man claimed: 'Well, they're purty red – don't pick 'em'

Wednesday's Republican primary debate for the Idaho governor's race was broadcast on a 30-second delay because one of the candidates, the leader of a biker gang, is known for public profanity and making racist jokes.
    He's no fan of law-enforcement, complaining during the debate that motorcycle riders 'are cop-magnets, like a Playboy bunny in a mini-skirt gets hit on all the time,' comparing their treatment to that of blacks before the civil rights movement.
    Another fringe hopeful on the stage insists that nuclear accidents were foretold in the Bible, and that every American should take potassium iodide tablets to protect their thyroid glands.
    Sitting Governor Butch Otter insisted that any debate must include long-shot candidates who qualify for the May 20 primary. If he was looking for comic relief, he got it in spades.
    'I don't like political correctness. Can I say this? It sucks! It's bondage,' Harley Brown told a statewide audience on Idaho Public Television. He was missing a front tooth and spoke with a cigar stuck in his shirt pocket.
    'You have your choice, folks: A cowboy, a curmudgeon, a biker or a normal guy. Take your pick!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz31ryUiDlj

The competition's fierce today!

Turkey outraged as PM's aide kicks mine disaster protester(some sources identified the victim as the relative of one of the missing miners)

http://www.smh.com.au/world/turkey-o...516-zreck.html

Ankara, Turkey: A video showing an aide to Turkey's prime minister kicking a protester held on the ground by special forces police sparked outrage on Thursday, tarnishing the Turkish leader's image ahead of his expected run for president.

Turkish newspapers also published photographs showing the adviser kicking the protester and identified him as Yusuf Yerkel, a deputy chief of staff at Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's office and adviser to the prime minister.

The incident occurred during Mr Erdogan's visit on Wednesday to a coal mine in the western town of Soma where at least 283 miners were killed in Turkey's worst mining disaster. Scores of others are still missing.

"I am sorry that I was not able to keep calm despite all the provocations, insults and attacks that I was subjected to," he said.

Twitter was abuzz with posts condemning Mr Yerkel's action and an opposition party demanded an explanation for it.

"Do his responsibilities include beating up and kicking protesters or citizens? On which legal grounds was he given this authority?" lawmaker Ugur Bayraktutan asked in a question submitted for the government to answer.

The prime minister's office distanced itself from the incident, with one official saying the issue was Mr Yerkel's "own personal matter." The official was not allowed to give his name to the press without authorisation, which he did not have.

Mr Erdogan is widely expected to run in Turkey's presidential election in August, although he has not yet announced his candidacy. He has already served the maximum three terms as prime minister.

As the death toll from Turkey's worst mining accident mounted, labour leaders on Thursday called for a one-day strike.

Yusuf Yerkel stands behind Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Photo: AP

Demonstrations had already broken out Wednesday in Ankara, the capital, and in Istanbul, as public displeasure surfaced over poor safety standards at the mine and a lack of official information about events since Tuesday, when an explosion ignited underground fires. On Thursday, the police fired water cannons to disperse crowds of demonstrators in the Aegean port city of Izmir, some 120 km southwest of here.

Rescue workers, meanwhile, struggled to locate scores of coal miners still unaccounted for but officials said hopes for finding those trapped were fading. The official death toll increased overnight to 282 as eight more bodies were recovered, surpassing the grim tally from a mine accident on the Black Sea in 1992 that killed 263 workers.

Such was the blend of outrage and grief among survivors and relatives that Mr Erdogan was forced to take refuge at a supermarket during a visit to this town near the stricken mine on Wednesday. Angry crowds called him a murderer and a thief and clashed with police, The Associated Press reported.

Striking a more conciliatory tone at the mine on Thursday, President Abdullah Gul told mourners and relatives, "The pain is everybody's." But one person called out to him that the presence of his security detail was itself obstructing rescue efforts, news reports said.

Public discontent has deepened as victims' families demand answers about what happened at the coal mine.

Five labour unions called for a one-day nationwide strike on Thursday, demanding better health and safety standards for miners. They also said mine inspectors should be drawn from labour unions and that they should include independent experts not employed by the mining corporations. The mine at Soma was formerly state-owned but had been leased to a private company, news reports said.

"Miners suffer long working hours, have no occupational safety or social security, and when most of them are unregistered, they are part of an unregistered economy," said Umar Karatepe, a spokesman for the Confederation of Progressive Trade Unions of Turkey.

Mr Karatepe said the privatisation of mines had led to a sharp increase in accidents "because profit is always more valuable than miners' lives in the private sector."

He said protests would continue until the energy minister, Taner Yildiz, resigned and the government attended to the miners' immediate concerns.

Many relatives of the miners have complained about a lack of information from the government and from local emergency agencies. "No official came here to talk to us, explain what's going on," said the aunt of a 25-year-old miner Wednesday.

The government's emergency centre said on Thursday that 217 of the 282 bodies recovered so far had been handed over to families for burial. The funerals are likely to intensify the anger provoked by the disaster.

The number of people still trapped in the mine is unclear and rescue efforts have been slowed because of the risk of gas explosions and continuing fires underground, according to an official in the prime minister's office, who spoke on the condition anonymity under departmental rules.

On three occasions, the dangers forced authorities to suspend attempts to bring more bodies to the surface, the official said.

"Imagine the mine as a huge nest of coal, which is burning quietly and can be put out only if pressurised water is pumped into all galleries," the official said.

The prime minister's office estimated Thursday that around 120 bodies remained to be recovered, but some miners said the figure could be more than 200

ETA it's OK, he was just following the P.M's lead

Last edited by blighted star; 05-16-2014 at 03:09 AM.

i got a masters in raising hell!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post

A cowboy, a curmudgeon, a biker or a normal guy': Hilarious GOP Idaho governor's debate makes comic history as candidates spar about racist jokes, 'spiritual warfare' and how nuclear accidents were foretold by the Bible
    One candidate is a motorcycle gang leader who claims God told him he'll be president someday, and whose website includes dozens of racist jokes
    Another is a white-bearded carbon copy of Uncle Jesse from 'The Dukes of Hazzard' who claims nuclear accidents were foretold in the Bible
    Idaho Gov. Butch Otter and his more mainstream challenger, state Sen. Russ Fulcher, struggled to keep a straight face as the outsiders ranted
    'I'm about as politically correct as your proverbial turd in the punchbowl,' the biker deadpanned
    'Our forests are cut like somebody raising tomatoes,' the elderly man claimed: 'Well, they're purty red – don't pick 'em'

Wednesday's Republican primary debate for the Idaho governor's race was broadcast on a 30-second delay because one of the candidates, the leader of a biker gang, is known for public profanity and making racist jokes.
    He's no fan of law-enforcement, complaining during the debate that motorcycle riders 'are cop-magnets, like a Playboy bunny in a mini-skirt gets hit on all the time,' comparing their treatment to that of blacks before the civil rights movement.
    Another fringe hopeful on the stage insists that nuclear accidents were foretold in the Bible, and that every American should take potassium iodide tablets to protect their thyroid glands.
    Sitting Governor Butch Otter insisted that any debate must include long-shot candidates who qualify for the May 20 primary. If he was looking for comic relief, he got it in spades.
    'I don't like political correctness. Can I say this? It sucks! It's bondage,' Harley Brown told a statewide audience on Idaho Public Television. He was missing a front tooth and spoke with a cigar stuck in his shirt pocket.
    'You have your choice, folks: A cowboy, a curmudgeon, a biker or a normal guy. Take your pick!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz31ryUiDlj

Well the politicians should represent the people.

Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information