Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
No one is confused as to why people are interested. What we're confused by is why this is the first time the rep system had to be shut down, rules need to be pinned, multiple posts are reported over hurt feelings, adults can't listen to reason, a sub-forum for tomfoolery is made, posters refuse to be moderated, and the thread needs to be constantly locked.

To be honest I don't see how you can find any of this the least bit sane.

Yes, people have shown an interest over something here before, but up until this point the posters are usually sane adults and not whiny crybabies that refuse to obey the rules.
This. All. of. this.

I was really enthusiastic about the Jodi trial. Several of us even have a private group on facebook to discuss the case. I don't think there is anything wrong with being interested. It's an interesting case. There's a difference between interest and obsessiveness. I've been on mds since the very beginning and have been here longer than almost anyone and I've never seen so many people act so fucking nuts on here. Even just the way the mods have been treated is disgusting.