Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanny Yoselyn Ortega (50), stabbed Lulu (6) and Leo (2) Krim to death and put their bodies in a bathtub

I think I would completely lose my mind sitting and staring at a baby all day, no matter how attached I am. I hate being home and idle.

You're actually never really idle unless the baby is real young and sleeping a lot. I think it just depends on their ages and needs. I worked all the time when I had Bodhi and Noah. They were socializing with other kids and I didn't have but a few daycares that were terrible. I mean its always in the back of your mind on how your kid is doing while you are away. I used to count the diapers just to make sure they were being changed like they should....stuff like that.
    I really have no excuse to not work, the boys are getting older. Im just choosing to wait until I feel better. The extra income is really nice to have.

It does blow my mind that after two years and no issues with the parents this woman snapped.

Im kind of starting to feel empathy for the Nanny a little. I feel more fir the families but damn, something obviously went Wayyyyy wrong and those poor kids were the victims. Just terrible.

The nanny was with the two kids while the mom was with the 3rd at swimming lessons. I can understand how having a nanny would be awesome during these times. It's no fun dragging a 6 year old and 2 year old along for swimming lessons when they aren't taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    The nanny was with the two kids while the mom was with the 3rd at swimming lessons. I can understand how having a nanny would be awesome during these times. It's no fun dragging a 6 year old and 2 year old along for swimming lessons when they aren't taking them.

This.

i would shoot myself in the head if i didn't work. no lol.

my sister-in-law is not allowed to work. my bro-in-law makes enough that she doesn't have to, but she admits that it drives her crazy. she feels like she's not a part of their community, feels out of place at social gatherings, feels alienated. i don't know how she does it. fuck that noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

and just to clear it up, its not because of the kids. i couldn't stay at home and not work. i did that when i was laid off for 10 months, and my life was crazy and chaotic bc of it. i think its the silence, if that makes sense. i have to be busy, doing something, bc sitting there makes me think too much and thats never good with me.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

My mom was a stay at home mom so it just seems normal to me but from my own personal experience in the past, I had to work so staying home was never an option.

I enjoy working but I also enjoy not working.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I would fucking love to work from home. I really hope I can someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I would fucking love to work from home. I really hope I can someday.
    Right??

I see what Scranton is saying. If you are fortunate enough to be able to stay home, she's side-eying you if you aren't. It's her opinion, and it's not the same as telling a broad to get back in the kitchen.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I'd love to stay home. Until I am, then I want to work. Staying home is depressing.

I'd love to stay home. Until I am, then I want to work. Staying home is depressing.
    Interesting.

some days, i wish i didn't have to work. this sums up kinda what i feel.

OMG. Nail on the head. Staying at home has actually worsened by depression but then when im in the middle of crisis and trying to work, i feel safer at home. Double edged sword for me.

This stay at home argument is kinda invalid for this thread though isn't it? She did stay home with her kids, she just had help.

Right??

I see what Scranton is saying. If you are fortunate enough to be able to stay home, she's side-eying you if you aren't. It's her opinion, and it's not the same as telling a broad to get back in the kitchen.
    Nah, that's the same. There are a lot of women who want to be lawyers, doctors, etc. who work their asses off to be financially secure and love what they do. You can't doctor from home. It's insulting to women who have achieved the very rare coveted high positions as CEOs in this country to insinuate that because they're a woman, they should just count their financial blessings and get off on being home, being mommy all day.

I mean, why not say that about men? Fuck it! Mom goes to lawyering and dad stays home! But that would be 'backward'.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    i would shoot myself in the head if i didn't work. no lol.

my sister-in-law is not allowed to work
    . my bro-in-law makes enough that she doesn't have to, but she admits that it drives her crazy. she feels like she's not a part of their community, feels out of place at social gatherings, feels alienated. i don't know how she does it. fuck that noise.
    what do you mean, *not allowed?*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Nah, that's the same. There are a lot of women who want to be lawyers, doctors, etc. who work their asses off to be financially secure and love what they do. You can't doctor from home. It's insulting to women who have achieved the very rare coveted high positions as CEOs in this country to insinuate that because they're a woman, they should just count their financial blessings and get off on being home, being mommy all day.

I mean, why not say that about men? Fuck it! Mom goes to lawyering and dad stays home! But that would be 'backward'.
    No it wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    This stay at home argument is kinda invalid for this thread though isn't it? She did stay home with her kids, she just had help.
    It's crazy to read about the nanny's life compared to her employers. Talk about seeing two different sides of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    what do you mean, *not allowed?*
    he won't let her. i think its bc of his first marriage. she had a great career and it included lots of happy hours and meeting people, and her lifestyle and his were so different, that they were just shadows to each other at home and eventually divorced.

he won't let her. i think he's scared the same thing is going to happen again. she's tried talking to him about it. she keeps bringing it up. she brought it up a couple of times the last time we went to visit them. oh and get this - he now WORKS FROM HOME. i'm sorry, i love marty very much, but being together 24/7 would be crazy. we both need our freedom.

i feel bad for her. he "jokingly" said that he would divorce her if she started working again.

Damn. I don't understand women in those situations. I'm not criticizing them; they're just aliens to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

I had a house hubby for about a year. It was great! I loved it! He hated it. He got depressed. Kids were independent at the time.

Now, if he were a stay at home dad, with 3 little ones, and we could afford a nanny, you betcha, he would have a nanny.

I just wanna know why this nanny snapped. Have we seen anything about a tox screen?

yeah, its crazy. she's been with him for 5 years now, and this whole time she has not worked.

I had a house hubby for about a year. It was great! I loved it! He hated it. He got depressed. Kids were independent at the time.

Now, if he were a stay at home dad, with 3 little ones, and we could afford a nanny, you betcha, he would have a nanny.

I just wanna know why this nanny snapped. Have we seen anything about a tox screen?
    Yea, I don't think booze does this to people. This chick is fucking insane.
    This is past even "bath salts."

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    yeah, its crazy. she's been with him for 5 years now, and this whole time she has not worked.
    Pfft, if she doesn't want him I'l take him.

If this woman was a pediatrician, I understand even more why she would want to eventually go back to work. You don't work that hard towards something that you specialize in that means a lot to you and then go aw fuck it I'd rather push a stroller around central park.

Thread Information