Thread: Darren Wourms (26) allegedly killed his wife Hayley (23) and their son before turning the gun on himself

Darren Wourms (26) allegedly killed his wife Hayley (23) and their son before turning the gun on himself

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012...gun_on_himself

Sad

It is with unspeakable grief that we, the family of Darren Wourms, confirm that our son and brother, our daughter and sister, our grandson and nephew are gone. Our knowledge of the circumstances surrounding their deaths come from the RCMP reports. We await the conclusion of their investigation as another step in our ongoing grieving.

Darren, Hayley, & Cayden were a beautiful and faith-filled family. Hayley was a light wherever she went. She was deeply loved by our entire family. Cayden was a social butterfly who loved his cousins. His dimpled grin is a memory we?ll always cherish. Darren was a devoted father & loving husband who absolutely adored Hayley & Cayden. The beauty & success of their family makes it all the harder to accept or understand this tragedy.

Within the last five months we have recognized that Darren?s mental health deteriorated. He was battling a depression that none of us fully understood. Hayley supported him through it all. He was admitted to the hospital in Calgary for a psychiatric assessment on April 24, 2012. He was subjected to a full workup and released with medication and outpatient follow up. He was scheduled for another meeting with a counsellor on Monday, May 28, 2012 after spending the weekend in St. Walburg with family.

We wish to express heartfelt thanks to everyone supporting us through this confusing & incredibly difficult time.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/healt...081/story.html

Mental illness. I would say that is the cause of 100% of murder suicides? Who in their right mind kills their infant and wife then themselves??

I feel terribly for their families, but he is an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

wow....so sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012...gun_on_himself

Sad

It is with unspeakable grief that we, the family of Darren Wourms, confirm that our son and brother, our daughter and sister, our grandson and nephew are gone. Our knowledge of the circumstances surrounding their deaths come from the RCMP reports. We await the conclusion of their investigation as another step in our ongoing grieving.

Darren, Hayley, & Cayden were a beautiful and faith-filled family. Hayley was a light wherever she went. She was deeply loved by our entire family. Cayden was a social butterfly who loved his cousins. His dimpled grin is a memory we?ll always cherish. Darren was a devoted father & loving husband who absolutely adored Hayley & Cayden. The beauty & success of their family makes it all the harder to accept or understand this tragedy.

Within the last five months we have recognized that Darren?s mental health deteriorated. He was battling a depression that none of us fully understood. Hayley supported him through it all. He was admitted to the hospital in Calgary for a psychiatric assessment on April 24, 2012. He was subjected to a full workup and released with medication and outpatient follow up. He was scheduled for another meeting with a counsellor on Monday, May 28, 2012 after spending the weekend in St. Walburg with family.

We wish to express heartfelt thanks to everyone supporting us through this confusing & incredibly difficult time.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/healt...081/story.html
    I wonder if Hayley's family agrees?

RIP Hayley and baby

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    I wonder if Hayley's family agrees?

RIP Hayley and baby
    I would suspect not.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/31...de-friend-says

Before the family was found dead on a rural Saskatchwan road, there were fears an Airdrie, Alta., man struggling with mental illness might not only take his own life, but those of his wife and son.

Hayley Wourms’ friend and co-worker Greg Howden said she had hinted about the potential danger at home.

She said her husband, Darren, had made threats to kill himself, something he didn’t seem to want to do alone.

“She said, ‘He wants us to all be together,’ “ Howden recalled.

Howden said Hayley was committed to her marriage and she downplayed concerns as quickly as she expressed them.

“I was more frightened than her,” Howden said.

“She was definitely concerned, but she made it seem like he was getting help. I respected her by not telling anybody. I should have insisted she tell me more.

“I don’t know if she believed if he was capable of ... anything.”

Howden said he’s been beating himself up, wondering if he could have done more to help his friend.

“I can’t stop imagining what she went through in her last moments when she was ushered out to the field,” he said.

“Was it her son first or her? Was she hoping someone would save her?”

Darren, 26, Hayley, 23, and their two-year-old son, Cayden, were found dead along a remote road near St. Walburg, Sask.

Police seized a .22 calibre rifle nearby in the apparent double murder-suicide.

In April, RCMP were called to the couple’s home by a third party with concerns Darren might be suicidal.

Numerous sources, including some who knew the couple, now say they were afraid the whole family was in danger.

RCMP went to the home to check on their welfare, confirming there were no firearms inside and none registered to Darren.

He was taken to hospital for a assessment but with no evidence warranting criminal charges, he was not detained.

He was, however, said to be suffering from depression, put on medication and receiving out-patient care.

Darren’s parents said he was scheduled to meet with a mental-health worker Monday -- the day a passing motorist found the family lifeless

They acknowledged a deterioration in their son’s mental health in the last five months and battle with depression, saying, “Hayley supported him through it all.”

Ugh.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Devoted father my ballsack. Devoted fathers don't kill their wives and babies. More like "mentally ill shithead". Why can't motherfuckers like this just turn the gun on themselves first? Jeeezus. Hayley and Cayden I pray you rest in peace. Darren, you rot in fucking hell for all eternity.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mortis88 View Post
    Devoted father my ballsack. Devoted fathers don't kill their wives and babies. More like "mentally ill shithead". Why can't motherfuckers like this just turn the gun on themselves first? Jeeezus. Hayley and Cayden I pray you rest in peace. Darren, you rot in fucking hell for all eternity.
    He deserves to be wourm food. (sorry, HAD to do it)

Murder/Suicides always suck, no matter what the reasoning behind it is, it is never justifiable. For me seeing this one strikes a chord with me though. My Aunt for years has been trying to get mental health awareness into the forefront (in western Canada atleast) after the suicide of my cousin. I am giving him a pass, it just hit me in a whole different way. There is never an excuse to take out your wife & child because you have problems.

RIP Hayley & Cayden

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Numerous sources, including some who knew the couple, now say they were afraid the whole family was in danger.

wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

There were sources that didn't know them that feared for them as well. Sounds like this whole thing was totes preventable.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    There were sources that didn't know them that feared for them as well. Sounds like this whole thing was totes preventable.
    Like who?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Girl, they are unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Like who?
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Girl, they are unknown.
    They are like garden gnomes, very sneaky. You have to look real hard to find them. That or you know just make it up because it sounds good.

Thread Information