Page 75 of 158 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3929

Thread: Random Weird and Bizarre News II

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    OMG that is so gross...they can explode?!?!
    Lol, yup.

This must be a different type of apartment situation. If the odor of dead body still lingered in the building, wouldn't that be the apartment associations responsibility to fix?

That same thing literally happened at my complex a few summers ago. The apartments relocated everyone in the building while they stripped the place to the boards and replaced all the walls, floors, etc.

Renters policies only cover your belongings inside of a residence in the case of a fire or flood... It's not surprising at all that they're not covering this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Talk about exploding death...

A Brief History of Exploding Whales
    It happens! Pretty often, actually. And the results are ... really, really gross.

Blue whales are the largest animals on earth. This one has reportedly ballooned to twice its original size. In the process of decomposition, methane and other gases accumulate in the body of the whale. The buildup of pressure, plus the disintegration of the whale's flesh, could cause the whole body to burst.
    Lawson warned that the worst thing would be for a person to get too close to the whale and fall inside it.
    The town of Trout River, on whose rocky shore the carcass rests, is bracing for what will come next?explosion or not, the 81-foot-long corpse is just plain gross, and it cannot remain out in the open indefinitely. Emily Butler, the clerk of Trout River, says the town is at a loss as to how to deal with the problem. ?It?s only going to be a matter of time before it warms up and the smell becomes unbearable,? she told reporters on Monday.

Jack Lawson, a scientist affiliated with the Canadian fisheries department, told the media that his main concern was neither the stench nor the possibility of an explosion. He warned that the worst thing would be for a person to get too close to the whale and fall inside it: ?The [whale] skin is starting to lose its integrity and if someone were to walk along, say, the chin ? that is full of all that gas ? they could fall in the whale. The insides will be liquefied. Retrieving them would be very difficult."

?I have fallen through the side of a whale up to my chest," he added. "It?s not very nice."

It's not exactly uncommon for whales to wash up on land, but the disruptiveness of such an event depends on how populated that land is by humans. In the case of Trout River, which only has 600 residents but swells with tourists at this time of year, it's very disruptive.

According to Canadian news, the whale is one of nine that died earlier this month after becoming trapped by offshore ice floes. Three of these whales have washed up on Newfoundland beaches.

Sometimes beached whales erupt on their own, but sometimes humans blow them up first?as was the case in Florence, Oregon, in 1970. The town of Florence may have been the first to confront the dilemma that faces Trout River today.

Read more at http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...whales/361444/

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    Talk about exploding death...

A Brief History of Exploding Whales
    It happens! Pretty often, actually. And the results are ... really, really gross.

Blue whales are the largest animals on earth. This one has reportedly ballooned to twice its original size. In the process of decomposition, methane and other gases accumulate in the body of the whale. The buildup of pressure, plus the disintegration of the whale's flesh, could cause the whole body to burst.
    Lawson warned that the worst thing would be for a person to get too close to the whale and fall inside it.
    The town of Trout River, on whose rocky shore the carcass rests, is bracing for what will come next?explosion or not, the 81-foot-long corpse is just plain gross, and it cannot remain out in the open indefinitely. Emily Butler, the clerk of Trout River, says the town is at a loss as to how to deal with the problem. ?It?s only going to be a matter of time before it warms up and the smell becomes unbearable,? she told reporters on Monday.

Jack Lawson, a scientist affiliated with the Canadian fisheries department, told the media that his main concern was neither the stench nor the possibility of an explosion. He warned that the worst thing would be for a person to get too close to the whale and fall inside it: ?The [whale] skin is starting to lose its integrity and if someone were to walk along, say, the chin ? that is full of all that gas ? they could fall in the whale. The insides will be liquefied. Retrieving them would be very difficult."

?I have fallen through the side of a whale up to my chest," he added. "It?s not very nice."

It's not exactly uncommon for whales to wash up on land, but the disruptiveness of such an event depends on how populated that land is by humans. In the case of Trout River, which only has 600 residents but swells with tourists at this time of year, it's very disruptive.

According to Canadian news, the whale is one of nine that died earlier this month after becoming trapped by offshore ice floes. Three of these whales have washed up on Newfoundland beaches.

Sometimes beached whales erupt on their own, but sometimes humans blow them up first?as was the case in Florence, Oregon, in 1970. The town of Florence may have been the first to confront the dilemma that faces Trout River today.

Read more at http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...whales/361444/
    Oh coool !! Another fan of exploding whales?

I think I made a thread when the guy who blasted the original exploding whale died. I found so many. It's kind of a hobby now.

ETA

Awww. See? You're my only exploding whale friend. My thread was too nasty & smelly even for MDS -

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...xploding+whale
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-01-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Who, tell me who, walks on a dead whale?

Oh LOOK, a dead fucking whale...let's take a walk on the whale side. Oy vey!

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    Who, tell me who, walks on a dead whale?

Oh LOOK, a dead fucking whale...let's take a walk on the whale side. Oy vey!
    Lol. We're on the main whale migratory path. Luckily the biggest thing that beached itself so far was a sea hare, but a kid at our school found ambergris last year (whale vomit - worth BIG $$$$), but we haven't had any large dead visitors as yet. If we ever do, I know exactly what I'm NOT doing.

* no trampolining

* no poking with sticks

* no strapping to the car roof

* no dynamite

* no dangling from cranes

(unless someone has a video camera ready)

An inmate has been arrested after trying to smuggle a cellphone into jail inside his rectal cavity.
    A full body scan proved Anthony Alvey, 22, was in possession of a phone while being transferred from Madison Detention Center in Tallulah, to Caddo Correctional Center in Shreveport.
    It has not been revealed why Alvey was originally in custody, but it is believed he was transferred for sentencing and now faces an additional charge of bringing contraband into a penal facility.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz31DPotVDF
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Man on TV dating show looking for new love reveals he killed his first wife, went to prison & got out, then killed his girlfriend with an ax & went to prison again & now out
    A 62-year-old man looking for a wife on a TV dating show stunned the host and studio audience by revealing that he had murdered his first wife and later killed a lover with an ax during an argument.

Sefer Calinak casually mentioned his complicated history with women while appearing this week on Flash TV's The Luck of The Draw, the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily News. tweeted Thursday.

He was quick to add, however, that he is now an "honest person looking for a new wife."

Calinak said he had eloped with his first wife, who was also his cousin, when they both were 17, after the girl's family tried to force her to marry a widower. He said things changed after they lived with his family for five months.

"Her behavior changed. The nephew of the man who wanted to marry her started to come to our village. I was jealous and I killed her, in a way," ?alınak said, according to the newspaper.

Calinak said he was freed from prison in an amnesty after serving more than four years on a 13-year prison term.

After remarrying, he separated from his second wife, with whom he had two children, the newspaper says.

He then began an affair with a married woman, Coquette, who reneged on a promise to divorce her husband for him.

The couple got in an argument, and he was defending himself with an ax while standing behind a door.

"I killed her after she tried to kill me," he said. "She was accidentally killed when I swung the ax."
    This time he served a six-year term before he was freed in another amnesty.

At this point, the host of the program asked Calinak to leave, but he kept insisting he was a victim of "destiny."

"Bad luck always found me," he said. "In spite of everything, I still want to get married. This time I'll leave it to God. "

G?zde Kurt, the show's producer, told the daily Milliyet newspaper that ?alınak had acknowledged before the program that he had murdered someone, but he was allowed to appear because he had served his legal sentence.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...-wife/8854917/

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world...killed-3520932

Australia has 2 species of giant flightless bird. Thousands of them live wild by roads & highways.

So we do this

England had a single bird. Just the one. For a month. So a local Police Inspector sent a sharpshooter to kill it. Just in case it caused an accident. One day.

The giant flightless bird that has been roaming a Hertfordshire golf course for more than a month has been shot dead by a gamekeeper.

Runaway rhea Chris, who stood at 6ft tall and was reputedly capable of disembowelling a man with its claws, was gunned down by Stuart Howe in an oil seed rape field adjacent to Barkway Park Golf Club, near Royston.

The bird, which is native to South America, was shot once in the head from a distance of 70 yards.

Mr Howe insisted Chris, named after gravel-voiced Auberge singer Chris Rea, had not suffered.

He said meat from the carcass would be used to make gourmet sausages, adding he understood the police wanted the bird dead because they were worried that it could cause a car crash.

Golf club captain Mike Rodgers told the Daily Telegraph: "It's sad that someone had to shoot it, but if it was a traffic hazard, I understand that.

"The golfers here sort of adopted it and used to enjoy seeing it grazing near the golf course. We were quite fond of the bird.

"It was never a particular nuisance and kept well away from golfers."

Mr Howe, 65, told the newspaper: "I suppose some people might say it is a shame the rhea is dead but it would be terrible if it caused someone to die in a car crash.

"I saw the rhea near the roadside at one point and it would easily have caused a car to swerve and hit a tree.

"What's the life of a bird against the life of a person or family?

"The police wanted it out of the way and there was no way anyone would be able to capture it."

With a top speed of 45mph, Chris had been able to evade his pursuers for more than a month.

The RSPCA had warned people not to approach the bird.

Inspector Paul David, of Hertfordshire Police, said: "I am amazed it survived this long to be honest.

"It would have been a real problem if it had wandered into the road and posed a traffic hazard.

"We will have to notify the owner that the bird has been killed."

Jo Clark, the bird’s owner, could not be reached for comment.

I'm sure the owner is pleased to hear that not only did police order her pet shot for something that would probably never have happened, they've also authorised it being made into sausages & eaten. Lovely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...broke-car.html

St Augustine, Florida: Authorities say a north-east Florida woman who didn't like her neighbours had their mobile home demolished.

The real owner

A woman in Florida who didn't like her neighbors has been arrested for allegedly having their mobile home demolished. Ana Maria Moreta Folch of St. Augustine told a heavy equipment operator that she owned the trailer and wanted it and its septic tank destroyed. That wasn't the case, however, as the real owners arrived at the scene when the demolition was underway on Monday.

The St. Johns County Sheriff's arrest report says Moreta Folch wanted the trailer bulldozed because she thought its occupants were unsavory and she suspected they had broken into her car. For the construction crew's part, she was able to convince them that it was her trailer because she had a key to the trailer.

The trailer's owner, 34-year-old Maria Gottfried, told the deputy sheriff said she had owned the trailer since 2006. The Florida Times-Union reports that she claimed to have never given Moreta Folch, 62, a key.

Ms Gottfried said she did not have a bad relationship with Moreta Folch. All of the belongings had been removed so that it was completely empty and did not look like anyone was living inside. The paper reports that the damage was estimated at about $25,000. Moreta Folch was charged with criminal mischief, a third-degree felony. She was released Wednesday on $10,000 bail.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-10-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I'm sure the owner is pleased to hear that not only did police order her pet shot for something that would probably never have happened, they've also authorised it being made into sausages & eaten. Lovely.
    You did get that the bird was 6 ft. tall and capable of running at 45mph, didn't you? The owner should not have been letting it run around loose.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtommt1 View Post
    You did get that the bird was 6 ft. tall and capable of running at 45mph, didn't you? The owner should not have been letting it run around loose.
    Oh dear. You do understand what emus & cassowaries are, what they're capable of & how many there are, don't you?

We're in fine form today aren't we JH. Only you would bother trying to argue points in Weird & Bizarre.

I suggest you try & make it a little less obvious that you're just clicking "view posts" on my profile & picking the shit out of everything I post. That's what gave your new identity away in the first place.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-10-2014 at 05:50 PM.

You do understand what emus & cassowaries are, what they're capable of & how many there are, don't you.

We're in fine form today aren't we JH. Only you would bother trying to argue points in Weird & Bizarre.

I suggest you try & make it a little less obvious that you're just clicking "view posts" on my profile & picking the shit out of everything I post. That's what gave your new identity away in the first place.
    Why should I know about emus & cassowaries? Were they mentioned in the article?
    Actually I'm just clicking on new posts on the front page. Paranoid much, Justine?

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    I got bit in the ass once by an emu.

fuckem' all.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    I got bit in the ass once by an emu.

fuckem' all.
    I second & third that.

When I was 7 & about to start flute lessons, my cantankerous but lovely old Scottish music teacher would not let me touch my shiny new instrument until I correctly achieved the old "blow over a bottle" sound. He said I had to do it for 4 weeks to get my lip muscles just right.

The 4 wks fell across the winter school holidays, whichwe always spent on my aunties property out near Nyngan in Central West NSW. It's red dust country. Her place was 50,000 hectares (hectares, not acres - it was an overnight trip to check the back fence).

As kids we mostly got dragged around various giant paddocks on shooting trips (a paddock fenceline out there looks like the emu pic I posted above). At one point I was sitting in the back of a ute, legs hanging down over the tailgate, practising my bottle blowing as we bounced across paddocks. Soon after I started my bottle practise emus started to tear out of the scrub at high speed & run along right behind us. I shuffled back in the tray to escape their beady eyes & craning necks but they just kept coming.

I couldn't understand it. They don't like vehicles. They usually run from them. Everyone in the cab thought it was hilarious. Eventually it stopped being quite so funny & I was told to stop practising my bottle blowing.

Turns out their call is very deep sound - much like a bottle or jug being blown. I'd been emu-calling & everyone realised but me - until I stopped & the dejected emus slowed down & drifted off one by one.

I'll never forget those beady eyes looming in at me with every emu stride. It was very creepy until it made sense.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Why should I know about emus & cassowaries? Were they mentioned in the article?
    Actually I'm just clicking on new posts on the front page. Paranoid much, Justine?
    Well seeing as they comprised a good part of my post on the article, most people would've tried a little google before jumping in on the attack. Thankyou for admitting you responded argumentatively without knowing what you were talking about though.

Maybe you have changed a little.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world...killed-3520932

Australia has 2 species of giant flightless bird. Thousands of them live wild by roads & highways.

So we do this

England had a single bird. Just the one. For a month. So a local Police Inspector sent a sharpshooter to kill it. Just in case it caused an accident. One day.

Well seeing as they comprised a good part of my post on the article, most people would've tried a little google before jumping in on the attack. Thankyou for admitting you responded argumentatively without knowing what you were talking about though.

Maybe you have changed a little.
    You never mentioned them. The bird in question was native to South America, not England or Australia. The species is not mentioned in the article either. It does say it was 6 ft. tall and could run at 45 mph. They spent a month trying to catch it. Where was the owner all this time?

You really should read articles before you post them. How Australia regards emus has nothing to do with how another country reacts to a non-native species running wild in a community.

ETA: The article does say it was a rhea. There's at least 10 varieties in So. America, but this was one of the biggies.
    Rheas are large, flightless birds with grey-brown plumage, long legs and long necks, similar to an ostrich. Large males of R. americana can reach 170 cm (67 in) tall at the head, 100 cm (39 in) at the back[4] and can weigh up to 40 kg (88 lb),
    Last edited by hjtommt1; 05-10-2014 at 08:08 PM.

You never mentioned them. The bird in question was native to South America, not England or Australia. The species is not mentioned in the article either. It does say it was 6 ft. tall and could run at 45 mph. They spent a month trying to catch it. Where was the owner all this time?

You really should read articles before you post them. How Australia regards emus has nothing to do with how another country reacts to a non-native species running wild in a community.
    Still having comprehension difficulties with this?

From your own post - in which you QUOTED ME

Oh look!! Da sign sez "E- M - U" ^^^^

We're quite accustomed to irritating buzzing things in Australia. You're not even challenging. Buzz at your family instead. This shit bores everyone here but you.

Oh, well. It seems even little birds are dangerous.
    Bird attack knocks tooth out of man?s mouth (with video)

On May 1, we told you about a California woman who was dealing with hundreds of birds flying into her house . Strange goings-on with birds continue this week, with multiple bird attacks in the town of Channelview, Texas. As KHOU 11 News reports, one of the bird attacks was so severe that Benny Hines, a trucker, fell down, lost a tooth, and was knocked unconscious.

Benny Hines was outside the Chrome Shop, a business that provides accessories for 18-wheelers, when a bird swooped down and started to attack him. Mr. Hines told KHOU, ?I took off my cap and started waving them away. All of a sudden it was more than one bird. The more I tried to fight them off, the worse it got. It was like why were they after me, you know?"

Lonny Siegler, the Chrome Shop?s owner, told KHOU, ?We got some kamikaze birds?He was running, I mean running?All of a sudden that bird hits him, and he went flying.? In security video provided by Mr. Siegler, you can see Mr. Hines desperately trying to get away from the birds. One bird hit Mr. Hines, and he went tumbling down to the ground. A witness, Jennifer Zavala, said that he had, ?open gash wounds, bloody. It?s awful.? Mr. Hines would lose a tooth from the incident and was knocked unconscious.

It was not reported as to what kind of bird they are, and nobody is completely sure why Mr. Hines would be attacked by them, but KHOU does present a possible reason. For the past few days there has been a baby bird in the business?s parking lot. It cannot fly yet, so perhaps the adult birds are trying to protect it. Mr. Siegler says that one day later, he had one bird come after him. As for Mr. Hines, he?s out of the hospital and back on the road, saying, ?They had to put some stitches on my face.?
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/...163630712.html

Spidergoat, spidergoat ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/we...m-9332171.html

A goat has been born with eight legs and both male and female reproductive organs on a farm in northeast Croatia. Farmer Zoran Paparic's goat Sarka gave birth to the kid at his farm in Kutjevo along with two healthy baby goats. Local veterinarians believe the extra legs are in fact an underdeveloped twin sibling. “I counted his legs and I thought I was seeing things. Then I called my neighbour to make sure that I am not crazy” he said. Mr Paparic told InSerbia vets believe it is unlikely to survive, but if it lives longer than a week it could be alive for up to three years. “Everything is double with him. Sarka, which I have had for three years, gave birth to a miracle of nature. This is her fourth time and she always has triplets.’

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

You mean there are dogs that aren't pit bulls that attack people???

Cats are fucking awesome.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Yup, and for Ron, THIS is an example of an aggressive dog that needed to be put down. That kid was doing nothing, and that dog sought him out. WAY aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yup, and for Ron, THIS is an example of an aggressive dog that needed to be put down. That kid was doing nothing, and that dog sought him out. WAY aggressive.
    Agreed. That dog hunted that kid from the other side of the SUV like he was a rabbit.

Why did she run to the child, but then bail out and leave him there? I would've scooped him up in my arms and carried him in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information