Page 67 of 158 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3929

Thread: Random Weird and Bizarre News II

Quite the mix up!

Family stunned to discover wrong body in mother?s coffin

A grieving husband has been left unable to say goodbye to his wife of 60 years after finding the wrong body in her coffin following a series of funeral home blunders.

Margaret Porkka died unexpectedly on holiday in the Caribbean and her body had been prepared by a funeral director on the island of St Maarten.

However, when the coffin returned to her family in New Jersey, Ms Porkka?s body had been replaced by that of a Canadian woman who had died on the island around the same time in November.

?I looked up, and I was like, ?Good God, are you kidding me?? I was stunned,? said her daughter, Lisa Kondvar.

She fears that her mother?s body was mistakenly taken to Ottawa and may have been cremated, despite paying $7,000 (?4,250) to repatriate her body to the US.

Orlando Vanterpool, the funeral director looking after the two bodies in St Maarten, said: ?To my knowledge, we sent the correct human remains.

?Everything was regulated with the government. All the paperwork was in order, but apparently somewhere, somehow, something happened.?

To add anger to her grieving family, the cause of death for Ms Porkka has not yet been provided by authorities in St Maarten and her death certificate lists her as a man.

An investigative committee has now been set up by St Maarten prime minister Sarah Wescot-Williams and DNA tests are being carried out to determine if Ms Porkka has been cremated.

SOURCE: Metro

------------------------------------------------------

"Orlando Vanterpool, the funeral director looking after the two bodies in St Maarten, said: ?To my knowledge, we sent the correct human remains.

Well clearly he didn't.

RIP to both women.

Police pull four bracelets, four necklaces, 11 rings and bag of weed from man’s rectum

11 Jan 2014 1:46 pm

Stunned police make 'unusual find' in teen's rectumArrest: Christopher Scheller
    Even the most experienced police staff on one force were left stunned by this unusual case of stolen jewellery.

A drink-drive investigation took a strange turn when an implausible amount of stolen were goods were discovered in a teenager’s rectum.

A total of four bracelets, four necklaces, 11 women’s rings, a socket for a smoking wrench and a bag of weed were found to be hidden inside Christopher Scheller.

The 18-year-old was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries after crashing his car in Heidelberg, Pennsylvania, in December, according to a police report.

‘The officer found evidence that the driver may be intoxicated and responded to York Hospital to meet with Scheller,’ it added.

‘When medical staff performed a medical X-ray of Scheller, they found an abnormality in his rectum. Scheller at first did not want the object removed- but eventually consented.

‘After the officer investigated this strange occurrence, it was determined that the items were stolen from a residence in Heidelberg.’

The teen was arrested on a host of charges including theft, receiving stolen property and driving under the influence.

-------------------------------------------------------

"The teen was arrested on a host of charges including...receiving stolen property"

Yes, quite the reception

Quote Originally Posted by Her_Last_Death View Post
    Police pull four bracelets, four necklaces, 11 rings and bag of weed from man’s rectum

Even the most experienced police staff on one force were left stunned by this unusual case of stolen jewellery.

A drink-drive investigation took a strange turn when an implausible amount of stolen were goods were discovered in a teenager’s rectum.

A total of four bracelets, four necklaces, 11 women’s rings, a socket for a smoking wrench and a bag of weed were found to be hidden inside Christopher Scheller.

The 18-year-old was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries after crashing his car in Heidelberg, Pennsylvania, in December, according to a police report.

‘The officer found evidence that the driver may be intoxicated and responded to York Hospital to meet with Scheller,’ it added.

‘When medical staff performed a medical X-ray of Scheller, they found an abnormality in his rectum. Scheller at first did not want the object removed- but eventually consented.

‘After the officer investigated this strange occurrence, it was determined that the items were stolen from a residence in Heidelberg.’

The teen was arrested on a host of charges including theft, receiving stolen property and driving under the influence.

"The teen was arrested on a host of charges including...receiving stolen property"

Yes, quite the reception
    Damn sounds like he has was reading the JA thread when we were referencing her big ole' room of requirements.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Yes, quite the reception

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    they are dumb kids who wear stupid make-up. they become even dumber adults in make-up. when's the last time you saw a gang wearing make-up?
    Gangs in makeup

Cults in makeup

BOTDF SGTC 4EVA

Last edited by blighted star; 01-11-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Police pull four bracelets, four necklaces, 11 rings and bag of weed from man?s rectum

A drink-drive investigation took a strange turn when an implausible amount of stolen were goods were discovered in a teenager?s rectum.

A total of four bracelets, four necklaces, 11 women?s rings, a socket for a smoking wrench and a bag of weed were found to be hidden inside Christopher Scheller.

?The officer found evidence that the driver may be intoxicated and responded to York Hospital to meet with Scheller,? it added.

?When medical staff performed a medical X-ray of Scheller, they found an abnormality in his rectum. Scheller at first did not want the object removed- but eventually consented.

?After the officer investigated this strange occurrence, it was determined that the items were stolen from a residence in Heidelberg.?

BBM

Now, that's a lot of shit!

How does someone get their rectum 'arrested'? Oy

Oh, now I get it...Christopher had been to St. Maarten, no?

That's not my rectum, dammit!
    Last edited by u2addict; 01-12-2014 at 01:41 AM. Reason: rectum oops

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    WARNING: Gross content...

Meat From Diseased Animals Approved For Consumers

WASHINGTON - The federal agency overseeing food inspection is imposing new rules reclassifying as safe for human consumption animal carcasses with cancers, tumors and open sores.

Federal meat inspectors and consumer groups are protesting the move to classify tumors and open sores as aesthetic problems, which permits the meat to get the government's purple seal of approval as a wholesome food product.

"I don't want to eat pus from a chicken that has pneumonia. I think it's gross," said Wenonah Hauter, director of Public Citizen's Critical Mass Energy Project. "Most Americans don't want to eat this sort of contamination in their meals."

Delmer Jones, a federal food inspector for 41 years who lives in Renlap, Ala., said he's so revolted by the lowering of food wholesomeness standards that he doesn't buy meat at the supermarket anymore because he doesn't trust that it is safe to eat.

"I eat very little to no meat, but sardines and fish," said Jones, president of the National Joint Council of Meat Inspection Locals, a union of 7,000 meat inspectors nationwide affiliated with the American Federation of Government Employees. He said he's trying to get his wife to stop eating meat. "I've told her what she's eating."

The union is battling related Agriculture Department plans to rely on scientific testing of samples of butchered meats to determine the wholesomeness of meat, rather than traditional item-by-item scrutiny by federal inspectors. A 1959 federal law requires inspectors from the Agriculture Department's Food Inspection and Safety System to inspect all slaughtered animals before they can be sold for human consumption.

The Agriculture Department began implementing the new policy as part of a pilot project in 24 slaughter houses last October, and plans to expand the system nationwide covering poultry, beef and pork. The agency this month extended until Aug. 29 the time for the public to comment on the regulations, and won't issue final rules until after the comments are received.

In 1998, the inspections and safety system reclassified an array of animal diseases as being "defects that rarely or never present a direct public health risk" and said "unaffected carcass portions" could be passed on to consumers by cutting out lesions.

Among animal diseases the agency said don't present a health danger are:

- Cancer;

- A pneumonia of poultry called airsacculitis;

- Glandular swellings or lymphomas;

- Sores;

- Infectious arthritis;

- Diseases caused by intestinal worms.

In the case of tumors, the guidelines state: "remove localized lesion(s) and pass unaffected carcass portions."

"They just cut off the areas,'' said Carol Blake, spokeswoman for the Agriculture Department's inspection and safety system.

But Jones and consumer groups say production lines are moving so fast that they can't catch all the diseased carcasses, and some are ending up on supermarket shelves.

"When I started inspecting, inspectors were looking at 13 birds a minute, then 40, and now it's 91 birds a minute with three inspectors. You cannot do your job with 91 birds a minute," Jones said.

The Agriculture Department is also experimenting with proposed rules that would require federal food inspectors to monitor what the plant employees are doing, rather than inspecting each carcass individually. They are aimed at bringing a new scientific approach to federal meat inspection to cut down on E. coli bacteria and other contamination.

The inspection and safety agency says a survey of pilot plants using the new system concluded that less than 1 percent of the poultry examined at the end of the production line and released for public consumption was unwholesome.

At a public hearing on the findings this year, Karen Henderson of Agriculture's division of field operations admitted that defective carcasses are being approved for human use under the pilot program.

"Absolutely. There's no system that we are aware of that is capable of removing every defect from the process," she said.

Felicia Nestor, director of the Government Accountability Project, a Washington watchdog group, said the pilot project found chickens with higher levels of fecal and other contamination than in traditional methods of inspecting.

"A lot of diseased animals are going out," she said.

A. Raymond Randolph, a federal appeals court judge, this month said federal food safety laws require meat and poultry inspectors to examine every carcass that moves through slaughterhouses and processing plants.

"The laws clearly contemplate that when inspections are done, it will be federal inspectors, rather than private employees, who will make the critical determination whether a product is adulterated or unadulterated," he said. "Under the proposed plan, federal inspectors would be inspecting people, not carcasses."

By Lance Gay gayl@shns.com
    Scripps Howard News Service
    http://rense.com/general2/bf.htm
    ? with Christopher Byrd

um... it's time i rethink vegetarianism.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I literally gagged. I wish I hadn't read or seen that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    It looks quite appetising if you pretend it's Stilton sauce.

omg ew.

Woman cancels brother's wedding without his knowledge because she did not like bride-to-be

A woman cancelled her brother's wedding without his knowledge because she didn't like his bride-to-be.
    Ann Duffy impersonated her now sister-in-law in a telephone call to Plymouth Registry Office and told them she wanted to cancel the wedding, a court heard.
    The 50 year old made the call on November 5th last year ? just 20 days before the wedding ceremony.
    Plymouth Magistrates' Court heard that on the same day she cancelled the wedding she rang her brother to tell him.She told him:"You had better put this on speakerphone, I have saved you on the divorce.
    "I have cancelled your wedding. Would you like me to send you the confirmation email?"
    The prosecution said her brother's fianc?e called the police to say that Duffy had impersonated her and called off her wedding.
    Prosecutor Will Walden said there was some tension between the two women over the care of Duffy's mother.
    Duffy, from Plymouth, Devon, admitted harassment and will be sentenced next month after a pre sentence report is prepared.
    Mr Walden said:"One offence doesn't really constitute a charge of harassment. There were other incidents that had been reported to the police which is why the charge was brought."
    In police interview Duffy said she was trying to protect her brother from a marriage to someone she disliked and who she believed was taking her mother away after she moved in with the newly-weds.
    Duffy said she only wanted to cause her sister-in-law distress but not her brother.
    Roger Page, defending, said:"What we have here is somebody that has pleaded guilty to harassment without violence. The defendant still takes the view that her brother is not suited to his wife.
    "In desperation to avoid her brother from making what she regarded as a disastrous move she cancelled the wedding."
    He said because she called the pair and told them what she had done, they were able to rebook their wedding the next day.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ide-to-be.html

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Woman cancels brother's wedding without his knowledge because she did not like bride-to-be

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ide-to-be.html
    Wow, talk about the sister-in-law from hell. I give the bride props for going ahead and marrying this dude, with the kind of sister he has.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Wow, talk about the sister-in-law from hell. I give the bride props for going ahead and marrying this dude, with the kind of sister he has.
    It's not his fault.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

but you have to weigh the future into your decisions. all of the migraines worrying about the holidays, the dresses that will be ruined when she throws strawberries at you at parties. i distance myself from crazies. it sucks that she will have to deal with this woman forever. or until the divorce.

Sounded like the brother was pretty pissed at his sister, I doubt she'll be invited to many family functions after that little stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    It's not his fault.
    Oh I know it's not. Just saying....holidays with his family are going to be awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    but you have to weigh the future into your decisions. all of the migraines worrying about the holidays, the dresses that will be ruined when she throws strawberries at you at parties. i distance myself from crazies. it sucks that she will have to deal with this woman forever. or until the divorce.
    I find it hilarious that out of everything that can be thrown and ruin a dress, you pick strawberries
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that out of everything that can be thrown and ruin a dress, you pick strawberries
    glazed on a white silk dress... HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT THEY CAN DO??? maybe i'm living in the 'dynasty' era. it's just soooo soap opera like.

I don't know how to post good death threads, so I'm just putting it here...

This story is really weird. This woman supposedly got lost after getting thrown off her routine because of a local industrial fire that happened the other day (pretty close to me). Her car was found in Detroit, and they found her an hour away from the car, frozen on the porch of a fire station.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/q...7/-/index.html

LIVONIA, Mich. -
    The family and friends of 88-year-old Lorraine Mckaig of Livonia knew she had regular routines.

The customers at the Daly's restaurant on Plymouth Road at Merriman Road knew she came for lunch every day, sitting in the same booth and placing the same order.

Linda Bohlen was one of the customers who knew McKaig well.

"We called her grandma. She will be missed dearly. We love her," Bohlen said.

On Wednesday, McKaig did not make it to the restaurant. A massive industrial fire forced the closure of Merriman Road. Livonia police issued McKaig a ticket because she tried to get around a traffic barrier. An officer explained alternate routes to her, but something unexpected happened.

After hours passed, her family reported McKaig missing. Her car was found crashed into a fence near Detroit City Airport on Detroit's east side. She was not with the car, but found an hour later, lying on the ground near a fire station. The 88-year-old woman was almost frozen. She died a short time later at a hospital.

Bohlen is one of many people who can't understand what happened.

"She just ended up someplace where she never went on her own, and I feel bad that this happened to her," Bohlen said.

Detroit police continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding McKaig's death.

EDIT: Found a better article with more details.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014011...a-dies-Detroit
    Last edited by Shins; 01-16-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Well, that's bummed me out for the night.

so sad. that is something i'd worry about with my grandma. we totally trust her driving her routines but when she is in an unknown area, her driving gets much worse (mine too though...). she's with it, but if she crashed, she might be a goner.

That's what makes it even sadder. She was perfectly capable of looking after herself, and while it may seem mundane, still live her life and get out of the house. It's funny how the smallest wrench thrown in to the machine can change everything. I must admit, even living in the same city most my life, I still get lost. I really feel for the poor woman.

explain, please: http://glassandsex.com/

Wow...

This reminds me of...

Wait a minute... Wow, just wow...

OK, composed. This reminds me of the oddness that was the Channel 4 show "Sex Box".

Thread Information