Page 50 of 158 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3929

Thread: Random Weird and Bizarre News II

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I love that he was from a town called Gigante!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

The man who deliberately swallowed a human toe in bizarre cocktail ritual is a famous Hurricane Katrina survivor

The 40-year tradition was started by Captain Dick after he found a severed toe in a jar Those up for the challenge must make sure the toe touches their lips Josh Clark is the only person to have deliberately swallowed the toe The fine for swallowing it has now gone up to $2,500 Downtown Hotel are now searching for a new toe for the club

The idea of the Sourtoe Cocktail started in September 1973, when riverboat captain Dick Stevenson found a severed big toe preserved in a pickle jar. Captain Dick somehow got the idea of making a game with it and came up with the original rules for the drink over the course of a drunken evening with friends - Take a beer glass full of champagne, drop in the toe, tip the glass back? and the toe must touch the lips. In September 1973, eight people participated in the first attempt; nearly four decades later, the Sourtoe Cocktail Club has an estimated 100,000-plus members. Any liquor can be used in the cocktail, but the norm now is a shot of Yukon Jack whiskey. It costs just $5 and for that you sign a log book and get a certificate confirming you as a member of the Sourtoe Cocktail Club. One rule must be adhered to however: 'You can drink it fast, you can drink it slow. But the lips have gotta touch the toe.' It has been described by members of the club as a 'leathery piece of jerky with a toe nail attached'.

By RACHEL QUIGLEY

PUBLISHED: 16:01GMT, 30 August 2013 | UPDATED: 17:45 GMT, 30 August 2013

Josh Clark listens to the rules of the Sourtoe Challenge: 'You can drink it fast, you can drink it slow. But the lips have gotta touch the toe'

Down in one: Josh tilts his head back to ensure the entire contents of the glass - toe and all - disappear

Saloon: The Downtown Hotel in Dawson City, Yukon Territory, is famous for its Sourtoe Cocktail - a 40-year tradition which has been done by more than 65,000 people

But Clark went one step further and drank the toe down with his whiskey, then threw $500 on the table - the fine imposed by the saloon should anyone swallow it. Clark was said to have been in Yukon Territory for the summer and had just got his rent deposit back. A video of the incident emerged today on CBC Yukon and shows the toe-curling moment the pinkie disappeared from the glass. Clark's eyes widen as it goes down his throat before he washes it down with another drink. He then stands up, raises his arms in the air in triumph and says, 'I did it, it's down', before throwing $500 on the table to a visibly shocked Terry Lee, the 'Toe Captain' of the night. Lee said the latest toe was 'mummified' with salt, and plonked into drinks for brave patrons about 30 to 40 times per night.
    a pickle jar.

Speaking to The Star about what happened he said : 'This guy popped it in his mouth, takes $500 out of his pocket and slams it on the table and starts walking away. 'I said, "Where?s the toe?" and he said, "I swallowed it". I was shocked.' The fine has since been raised to $2,500

Throughout the 40-year tradition, more than 100,000 people have joined the Sourtoe Cocktail club.

The Sour Toe started in September 1973 when a local eccentric named Captain Dick Stevenson found a severed toe preserved in a jar. He came up with the original rules for the drink over the course of a drunken evening with friends: take a beer glass full of champagne, drop in the toe, tip the glass back. Since then a number have been swallowed, lost or destroyed - eight in total - but fortunately for the bar, they always manage to find someone to donate a new toe. Lee said they have a backup toe but like to keep two at a time so are on the hunt looking for new one. He told CBC: 'We like to have two toes - we switch them off once a week - and now we can't do that. We need toes. We're putting it out there, if you have a spare toe, hey we need one.'

What a shame Marilyn's not around to help

ETA I think this stood out to me because I was always reading those "GIVE. ME. BACK. MY. TOOOOOooooooe!!" stories when I was a kid.

http://www.scaryforkids.com/big-toe/

Last edited by blighted star; 09-26-2013 at 03:32 AM.

I wonder why the title says Hurrican Katrina survivor? No where in the article does it even mention Katrina except in the title.

Did anybody hear about Meghan's post on facebook?

Well, Meghan was fired from her job after posting that.
    http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/M...source=message

MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) _ A Manhattan woman says she was fired and has received death threats after posting comments on Facebook that criticized the military.

Meagan May posted a comment in September that she did not consider the military heroic and criticizing military personnel for expecting discounts at businesses.

May told WIBW (http://bit.ly/15wWl2G ) she posted the comments because she believes soldiers receive too much special treatment. She said her employer, , Carmike Cinemas in Manhattan, fired her after she posted the comment.

Carmike also posted on May's page that her comments did not reflect the attitude of the company. Carmike officials said they fully support and honor military personnel.

May says she isn't backing down because she thinks she should be able to post whatever she believes on Facebook.

BTW...the comments on her facebook are horrible. I don't understand why she hasn't made her site private.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 09-27-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Meagan's profile pic

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Now I know how racists feel when racists get fired for saying racist shit. My first thought was "Hey! That's her right! Why fire her for her opinion!?!"

I'm such a hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Now I know how racists feel when racists get fired for saying racist shit. My first thought was "Hey! That's her right! Why fire her for her opinion!?!"

I'm such a hypocrite.
    Except black people don't get discounts for being black. Which was apparently a huge concern of hers. 10% is a lot, you know?
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Except black people don't get discounts for being black. Which was apparently a huge concern of hers. 10% is a lot, you know?
    I think they should travel for free. Active duty at least. Motherfucker wants to go to Afghanistan, (s)he should be able to hop a plane to Omaha for next to nothing.

I am just sick of the praise.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Um fuck her and her stupid ass opinion. I'm glad she lost her job. Did I mention fuck her?

Also at the article above...Captain Dick. That is all.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I'm not against breastfeeding in public, but 5 years old?????????

'
    Aminah took to breastfeeding easily and the moment I felt that bond, I was instantly hooked,' says mother-of-three Maha Al Musa.
    Al Musa, 51, still breastfeeds her daughter in public, whenever she asks for milk.
    But it's not seeing an older lady flashing flesh that raises eyebrows, rather the age of her five-year-old.
    The Australian belly dancer practices extended breastfeeding, where a mother allows the child to carry on feeding until they say they are ready to stop.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2gZE7GPIi
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There was a girl on the morning radio show I listen to that would "nurse" until she was 25. Granted her mother wasn't lactating any longer, so she would just suckle for comfort, at age TWENTY FUCKING FIVE. She did it when she was nervous before her wedding. The DJ's told her that both her and her mother needed therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I wonder why the title says Hurrican Katrina survivor? No where in the article does it even mention Katrina except in the title.
    Oops, sorry!! I don't know how I messed that up
    Josh Clark remained in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina and the collapse of the levees. He refused to leave the city at the dangerous and devastating time and tape-recorded impressionistic interviews with fellow storm survivors. From these interviews and his own diary entries, he penned Heart Like Water: Surviving Katrina and Life in its Disaster Zone, which was a 2007 finalist for the National Book Critics Circle award.
    & I didn't even give you the link!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-survivor.html

Of course now he is known as author/hurricane-survivor/toe-swallower. I'm just amazed he hasn't died from some nasty sort of fungal infection or very ingrown toenails.

Blerk.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    There was a girl on the morning radio show I listen to that would "nurse" until she was 25. Granted her mother wasn't lactating any longer, so she would just suckle for comfort, at age TWENTY FUCKING FIVE. She did it when she was nervous before her wedding. The DJ's told her that both her and her mother needed therapy.
    SHUT UP.

JUST SHUT UP RIGHT NOW.

THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

http://thebertshow.com/vintage-bert-...-call-of-2008/

The original call and the update. Fucking. Crazy.

This is beyond revolting & it's put me completely off my tiramisu. They should've kept her talking & traced the call so they could send her some S26 big kids formula. The time to move on to safety cups has long passed.

I was actually nauseous listening to it too. But not too surprisingly, in the follow up call (you can listen in my last post), she said they weren't close anymore and had some sort of falling out. Clearly they were dysfunctional.

WHO WAS MARRYING HER????

WHO WAS MARRYING HER????

WHO WAS MARRYING HER????
    If I remember correctly, they didn't end up getting married or something, but her fiance knew she did this and didn't seem to mind. The mother still did it with the younger sister too I believe (like maybe 20ish)? And the dad would just chuckle about it and roll his eyes, like "oh those silly girls"

Serious case of WTF's with all of it.

ETA now I get it, it wasn't her actual wedding day that she described in the call. I forced myself to listen to it & went from grossed out to feeling really bad for the girl who called. It's true, when your raised with a belief/behaviour from birth it IS normal behaviour to you because it's all you've known.

I bet her mother FLIPPED when she found out her secret was out. I just hope someone has had that revolting old woman investigated to make sure the caller's niece & nephew aren't still being offered the same "pacifier"into their 20's - especially since she described her sister as being "closer" to their mother now
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-02-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Did anybody hear about Meghan's post on facebook?

Well, Meghan was fired from her job after posting that.
    http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/M...source=message

MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) _ A Manhattan woman says she was fired and has received death threats after posting comments on Facebook that criticized the military.

Meagan May posted a comment in September that she did not consider the military heroic and criticizing military personnel for expecting discounts at businesses.

May told WIBW (http://bit.ly/15wWl2G ) she posted the comments because she believes soldiers receive too much special treatment. She said her employer, , Carmike Cinemas in Manhattan, fired her after she posted the comment.

Carmike also posted on May's page that her comments did not reflect the attitude of the company. Carmike officials said they fully support and honor military personnel.

May says she isn't backing down because she thinks she should be able to post whatever she believes on Facebook.

BTW...the comments on her facebook are horrible. I don't understand why she hasn't made her site private.
    What an ungrateful little bitch!!!! If it weren't for those military men and women sacrificing their lives for the little twit and her freedoms as an American citizen she would have already been hauled into the center of town and been beheaded. Also Dipshit, whooptee fuckin' doo on those big savings you get for being in the service. That's why all those war veterans are living in the lap of luxury and receive the best medical care there is to offer. I am sure a 10% discount at Arby's is a great fucking consolation for a soldier's.widow and her kids..WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!! I AM A PROUD MOTHER OF UNITED STATES MARINE!!!
    Too many fuckin' levels of wrong and gross to count...
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 10-02-2013 at 08:30 AM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    What an ungrateful little bitch!!!! If it weren't for those military men and women sacrificing their lives for the little twit and her freedoms as an American citizen she would have already been hauled into the center of town and been beheaded. Also Dipshit, whooptee fuckin' doo on those big savings you get for being in the service. That's why all those war veterans are living in the lap of luxury and receive the best medical care there is to offer. I am sure a 10% discount at Arby's is a great fucking consolation for a soldier's.widow and her kids..WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!! I AM A PROUD MOTHER OF UNITED STATES MARINE!!!
    Oh please. Like if these guys weren't in Afghanistan and Iraq she'd be in a gulag right now?

And if military people are threatening her, they are going against the very freedoms they "claim" they "fight" to protect.

I'm Team This Broad. (even though I actually think their discount should be larger)

I'm also not dumb enough to post my opinions under my real fucking name.
    Rookie mistake.

You are entitled to your opinion Ron..

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion Ron..
    Did you read that article!!?!?

No I'm not!

Also:

Thread Information