Thread: Courtney Tressler (25) starved her son Payton Ettinger (4) to death

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Courtney Tressler (25) starved her son Payton Ettinger (4) to death

GREENSBURG, Ind. (AP) -- A southeastern Indiana woman faces child neglect and reckless homicide charges alleging she starved to death her 4-year-old son, who weighed 12 pounds when police found his emaciated body in a crib.

Courtney G. Tressler, 25, of Greensburg was arrested Wednesday, more than three months after her severely disabled son died from malnutrition and dehydration. She was released from jail in the city about 40 miles southeast of Indianapolis after posting $15,000 bond.

Tressler called police May 17 to say she had found her son, Payton Wesley Ettinger, dead four hours after feeding him and putting him in his crib for a nap, authorities said. A pathologist's report found the boy had virtually no food in his stomach or intestines when he died.

The pathologist found that the boy suffered from "profound malnutrition," had no body fat and that the "skin on his face was drawn tightly against his skull and face bones with obvious emaciation," according to a probable charge affidavit against Tressler.

Investigators said the boy had not seen a doctor since Nov. 3, 2006, when he weighed 16 pounds, 5 ounces as a 1-year-old, according to the affidavit.

Tressler told officers she had intended to take her son to a doctor May 15 after noticing he had lost weight but had delayed the trip for financial reasons. But investigators said in the affidavit that she visited a doctor twice on May 19 for her own medical reasons.

Police said Tressler also claimed she had twice applied for Medicaid assistance for her son, but investigators found that was not the case, according to the document.

Payton Ettinger was unable to speak, walk or control most of his physical movements due to brain damage suffered during abuse by his father, police said. The boy's father, Martin Ettinger, is serving a 5-year prison sentence in Michigan after pleading guilty to battering his son so badly the child was confined to a crib and required constant care.

Tressler moved from Michigan to Indiana in January 2007 after she married Greg Tressler, who told Indianapolis television station WTHR that his wife is innocent and now traumatized by accusations she's responsible for her son's death.

"Is this just a misunderstanding? Is this just someone got the wrong idea or something like that? I think it's a small town and someone's trying to make a name for themselves," he said.

Greg Tressler said his wife does not yet have an attorney.

Decatur County Prosecutor Bill Smith told the Greensburg Daily News he could not comment about why Greg Tressler has not been charged in the boy's death, noting he was not the child's legal guardian and the law is "complicated."

Smith declined a Friday request for comment from The Associated Press

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_INDIANA_STARVING_DEATH?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=U S

MS: http://www.myspace.com/Courtneytressler

Re: Courtney Tressler (25) starved her son Payton Ettinger (4) to death

I get so sad reading articles like this, because I have a three year old, and i can not imagine people doing shit like this to their own kids :(
    And seriously.. SERIOUSLY?? a misunderstanding? misunderstand what? she didn't feed her child.. AT ALL. And the saddest part is that after the father was put away in prison, you would think that he would be safe with his mother. They'll both burn in hell.
    Poor little angel :( R.I.P

I am so sick of these sorry human beings starving their kids. We had a case her the other day that was the opposite.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/cops-marietta-girls-rescued-595523.html

The five-year-old girl, weighing 158 pounds, couldn't walk 10 feet without wheezing. Police found her four-year-old sister in a urine-soaked diaper, sucking a bottle. She weighs more than twice the average for a girl her age.

The Cardona home, located in the 100 block of Dogwood Drive near Marietta, is infested with roaches, fleas and "gigantic spiders," Cobb police said.

Both kids lived in a house teeming with cockroaches and "giant spiders," according to warrants obtained from the Cobb County Magistrate. Cobb police arrested the girls' parents, James and Anne Cardona, on Monday, and moved their daughters into state care.

The Cardonas, charged with felony child cruelty and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a misdemeanor, were released on $5,000 bond each. They were ordered to have no contact with their daughters.

James Cardona's sister said the girls should have been taken away years ago. They lived in "filth ... there was stuff all over the floor, dirty dishes all around," said Frances Elizabeth Cantrell, who resides in Dallas.

The house, located in the 100 block of Dogwood Drive, "stunk of urine and mold," authorities said.

Oh and to the sister who should have turned them in years ago.

[quote author=ICDEDPPL link=topic=26619.msg1699694#msg1699694 date=1282400764]

Oh and to the sister who should have turned them in years ago.
    [/quote]

Maybe she did. God knows the child protection services aren't worth a damn 90% of the time.
    Lurker checking in.

UGH!!! I am so tired of reading about these bitches who kill their kids...whether by abuse or neglect or allowing their latest penis beat them...

Seriously there are so many people who would be more than willing to take these kids in and give them good lives... If you don't want your kid... put them up for adoption!!!

These bitches make me so angry... I would take in anyone's kid in a heartbeat... heck...just drop them off at my door... you don't have to say a word!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=muzz link=topic=26619.msg1699970#msg1699970 date=1282429138]
    UGH!!! I am so tired of reading about these bitches who kill their kids...whether by abuse or neglect or allowing their latest penis beat them...

Seriously there are so many people who would be more than willing to take these kids in and give them good lives... If you don't want your kid... put them up for adoption!!!

These bitches make me so angry... I would take in anyone's kid in a heartbeat... heck...just drop them off at my door... you don't have to say a word!
    [/quote]
    Killing them outright would be more humane. Starving is basically a torture death. I hope that comes into play when they decide on the charges. I hate when they get off easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

her mug shot....

she's pathetic..... there isn't anything to even "justify" the condition she left him in... ("i was going to take him to the doctors"."i applied for a card". "it was a misunderstanding") yeah whatever.  Thats what I say

ugh i fucking hate people!!! the other day some of my co workers were talking about our fears.  death is one, but its inevitable, but nothing scares me more than fucking human beings and what they are capable of doing to others and their own. what a pathetic waste of air this woman is.  i wish her nothing but the worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I can't comprehend what satisfaction the parents get when they do this to their children. maybe it's control? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

SARASOTAS-FINEST

[quote author=muzz link=topic=26619.msg1699970#msg1699970 date=1282429138]

[/quote]

What the fuc*k is going on in this world today thats all you hear anymore is moms killing there kids or trading them for drugs or men having sex with CHILDREN CHILDREN i like to take these mother fuc*king dirt bags like this bitch right here nd put them on a island nd let them kill each other

[quote author=Its Me De link=topic=26619.msg1700201#msg1700201 date=1282452372]
    I can't comprehend what satisfaction the parents get when they do this to their children. maybe it's control? I just don't get it.
    [/quote]

I think she just wanted a way out of caring for an injured child for the rest of her life.

Thread Information