Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Home cleaning and laundry tips

What are these windex pumps you speak of??

And since I live in a house of all boys, my brother got me this sign to put in our bathroom:

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I ADORE my Windex Pumps!!! I use them with the Bounty Select-a-Size towels... ahhhh perfection!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I. Need. This.

Like, yesterday.

If my husband kept pissing all over the place i would follow him into the bathroom and demand he sit when he pees.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    If my husband kept pissing all over the place i would follow him into the bathroom and demand he sit when he pees.
    I almost have lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I almost have lol
    My husband isnt the culprit in our house, it's my teenager and my 7 year old. PLUS they pee with the door open and usually the youngest doesnt flush and I have dogs......ya see what Im sayin'? I get irate!

How hard is it to pee INSIDE the toilet bowl!

Yup, our issue is the 8 year old. Damn kid.

I told my Husband that his 4 year old nephew has better aim than him and he does! He has No shame. We also have dogs but luckily they're little terriers and can't reach

Nothing makes me rage more than when a visitor in my home can't aim. I will call
    You out in front of people. I dont care how embarrassed they get. that's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing makes me rage more than when a visitor in my home can't aim. I will call
    You out in front of people. I dont care how embarrassed they get. that's disgusting.
    It's completely disgusting AND disrespectful. Where the fuck does someone learn that it's ok to piss all over someones toilet??

I've never dated someone who did this, because I wouldn't be able to. I think the guy I'm dating now sits when he pees??? Either that or he actually puts the seat down every time, which I'm not used to. I've only been in ther once where the seat was up. ---and the bowl was CLEAN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

With everything going on we haven't done a serious clean in weeks. Well we busted that cherry today and fuuuuuck. My body is seriously not happy.

But, the house smells so good. Also, the shower in our master bath had water spot build up that has been annoying me. I found a great trick (the works didn't do anything:() and found: dryer sheets. Wet an unused sheet and scrub with it. Rinse and repeat. Wipe away water post rinse and continue until residue is gone.

Anyone know how I can get a sugary smell out of clothes? I kinda pre soaked them but it was more off getting the chunks of the food off the clothes and towel. I have cleaned these clothes several times and they still smell like sugar smells so bad.

What did you get on them, Ashley?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Everything lol. Cake, whipped cream, lady locks, chocolate syrup, milk, milk shake, sprinkles. It's been months and I've washed them several times and even let them air out but the sugar smell won't go.

I found a homemade laundry detergent that works wonders. http://www.budget101.com/myo-househo...soap-3993.html

There is one on the site for Lavender Laundry Sauce made with Purex crystals. I use the Water Lily scent. Then you use the vinegar in the rinse cycle.

I also found a recipe for removing stains. It's one cup Era or Wisk (only those will work due to enzymes) , one cup clear plain ammonia, one cup white vinegar and one cup water. Put it in spray bottle and shake it up. Since I have been in SC I have never found anything that would remove Carolina red dirt stains. This stain remover does. I fixed some for my friends and they all swear by it too. Just don't put in with load of laundry that you are going to bleach.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Dbl post dammit!

Thank you! None of them are stained but my grandma has like no lower jaw so she drools and gets food stains on all her clothes so hopefully that will take the stains out of her clothes.

Dirty clothes? Set them on fire, and steal your neighbours. Force, or a strong sedative can help. Works eight times of of ten.

Sigh - husband didn't properly clean or store the grill and its yucky and may have some mild mold. Its a gas grill and pretty new so buying a new one is out. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Sigh - husband didn't properly clean or store the grill and its yucky and may have some mild mold. Its a gas grill and pretty new so buying a new one is out. Suggestions?
    Hubby says soak the moldy parts in water and vinegar.

ETA: Non Toxic. Citrus is good too.

I was having problems with my front loader smelling musty. Bought some "smelly washer cleaner" on amazon which worked well. Then I found out that the stuff is just citric acid, so I bought a 5lb bag and use a heaping tablespoon of it in the clean cycle. My washer smells like NOTHING again. Yay!
    I also had to switch to Era for my main detergent. Anything else makes it start stinking again after a couple loads, never have that problem with the Era.

Smelly washer:
    http://www.amazon.com/Smelly-Washer-.../dp/B001UJXTI0
    Citric acid:
    http://www.amazon.com/Spicy-World-Ci.../dp/B000OZFECU
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Feets, I started making my own laundry detergent and rinse. The rinse is white vinegar with whatever essential oil that you like. I do a lemongrass lavender that smells purty. Don't worry about clothes smelling like douche. The vinegar smell isn't there but the eo stays. The vinegar will get rid of any residue from any detergent left in your washer just like the citric acid and soften your clothes. Just beware of using the vinegar or citric acid in loads with bleach. It will fuck your clothes up.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Feets, I started making my own laundry detergent and rinse. The rinse is white vinegar with whatever essential oil that you like. I do a lemongrass lavender that smells purty. Don't worry about clothes smelling like douche. The vinegar smell isn't there but the eo stays. The vinegar will get rid of any residue from any detergent left in your washer just like the citric acid and soften your clothes. Just beware of using the vinegar or citric acid in loads with bleach. It will fuck your clothes up.
    Where do you get your essential oils?

You can go to ebay and find Greenhealth essential oils in the WFmed ebay store. Free shipping and you can get buy 3 get one free.

Thread Information