Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Home cleaning and laundry tips

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    15 minutes?! Do you live in a closet? Strike that. Even if you live in a closet you're not doing it right.
    He's not talking about the entire house in 15min. It's like, one room here.... clean a toilet there... it's really a very practical and comfortable way to do things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Correct. To clean something daily is a good tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    All he said was that the best cleaning tip was to clean everyday. It's not wrong.

Queen laughed at the thought so he defended his point and everyone started getting pissy. Seriously, holy shit.
    That's his opinion though. Queen has an autistic kid and a man child of a husband. It sounds like she legit doesn't have time to clean and Saleen was implying she was just being lazy. I asked him about his job situation not to slam him, but to show him, a person's career/ family life may not enable them to clean everyday.

In hindsight, I probably should have kept my mouth shut

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    That's his opinion though. Queen has an autistic kid and a man child of a husband. It sounds like she legit doesn't have time to clean and Saleen was implying she was just being lazy. I asked him about his job situation not to slam him, but to show him, a person's career/ family life may not enable them to clean everyday.

In hindsight, I probably should have kept my mouth shut
    He said that she chose to do something else with that time. That's a technical fact.

Like how I said I clean a counter when I brush my teeth? Maybe she watches the news when she brushes hers - not because she's lazy, but because it's important to her. Different use of time.

You guys are getting way too sensitive.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Where did lazy come from?

Thanks to Saleens reputation, something so simple gets taken into a totally different tangent like it's a trolling personal attack on someone's motivation.

This is honestly great advice, and I would recommend anyone to at least try it. I clean one thing a day, instead of everything every other Saturday and fucking my weekend.

It makes life so much easier. It's like working out... it's tough to get the discipline going but once you do it's second nature.

I kind of do this. Except I don't do the windows every week. I do all the sheets and big laundry on Mondays. I vaccum the whole house once a week. The high traffic areas are vaccumed every day. Bathrooms done once or twice a week (get the in cistern toilet cleaner and it will make your life easier). Dishwasher every day.
    Last edited by Olivia; 01-07-2014 at 05:48 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

I kind of do this. Except I don't do the windows every week. I do all the sheets and big laundry on Mondays. I vaccum the whole house once a week. The high traffic areas are vaccumed every day. Bathrooms done once or twice a week (get the in cistern toilet cleaner and it will make your life easier). Dishwasher every day.
    I'm OCD and this just made it move a little....

I actually try to do ALL of that everyday. AND the yard. Except I'M the dish washer and the Laundry once per week. Of course this requires me top get up extra early and go to bed extra late. And it doesn't always happen. I hate the Loquat tree out back and It's stupid fucking blossoms!!!

I'm sick....I mean it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I love you shins but i will tell you this - nothing good comes from saleen.
    He is one of the most disgusting bags of shit in the history of ever.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    I love you shins but i will tell you this - nothing good comes from saleen.
    He is one of the most disgusting bags of shit in the history of ever.
    I'm not defending his character. I'm defending his point.

Call me crazy, but I didn't see that as trolling. I kind of got what he was saying, and didn't really see it as a slam.

I never really have to do a huge cleaning of my house because I clean it as I go basically everyday. I pick up after myself and for grime, I will spray/wipe down a counter while I brush my teeth or something. It's not OCD because some days I give no fucks... I used to let my house go and do "big cleans" once every 2 weeks, but this proves (in my life) to be way easier and less time consuming. I won't miss 5-10 minutes here n there, but I will hate every fucking second of cleaning my house for 3 hours on a weekend.

I work 60hr weeks and wake up at 5:30am. I don't have kids, so I know that's a huge challenge I'm not experienced in, but I did live with a construction worker for almost 4 years. And a hockey player before him.
    The windex pump is great for bathroom Wipe downs that are quick!! Without it my master bath would look like a male college dorm room bath.

I'm not defending his character. I'm defending his point.
    I agree with YOUR point- I dont think with Saleen he was just not articulating that point well - I think he meant it as a nasty rabble rousing dig.
    Your point, about cleaning as you go, is well taken
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

since i clean at work all the time, i now pay my oldest son to clean my house for me weekly.

I am sooo not ashamed of this.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    since i clean at work all the time, i now pay my oldest son to clean my house for me weekly.

I am sooo not ashamed of this.
    Absofuckinglutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    The windex pump is great for bathroom Wipe downs that are quick!! Without it my master bath would look like a male college dorm room bath.
    Love, love, love the windex pump!

Quote Originally Posted by easily_distracted View Post
    Love, love, love the windex pump!

Now if only I can train my husband to use it! I'm just starting to see him clean as he goes or right after he cooks. That's taken years and still rarely happens.

Just to clarify, my cleaning is grouped in with whatever I do. When someone says cleaning, I equate that with scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush and stuff like that. I am a severe germaphobe which has been a family joke for years. I pick up as I go so there is no mess to clean. My definition of cleaning and others differ. All my stuff has a specific place where it is used and put back right then and there.

When I say I am going to take a shower it isn't simply a matter of hopping in the shower getting washed and.getting dressed. Before I will get in, the shower is sprayed down and disinfected. I have.two of those hanging shower bags with pouches. Once has my face, body, and hair stuff with its arranged from top to bottom in that order. In the other shower organizer is my.cleaning stuff. I have plastic shaker bottles like parmesan cheese containers to keep powders from getting wet at the very top. Baking soda and borax. Then I have my dawn dish detergent, spray bottles of white vinegar with lavender oil in it and another sprayer of alcohol. And at bottom is my two sided scrubby sponge. Again arranged in this order from top to bottom. Once I am finished washing me every thing in shower is soaped up again and rinsed before I get out. Once I am out of the shower. I have towels outside of shower. One on floor and one for me. Again, drying goes from top to bottom. Once this is done and I'm standing on towel. My white vinegar essential oil blend is sprayed on the floor. I then proceed with the towel shuffle across the floor with my feet wiping as I move toward my clean clothes, socks, and my indoor Crocs..(Greatest invention ever) Once I am dressed and shoed, towels go into towel and dirty undies hamper, clothes go into clothes hamper. Then on to the sink where I wash my hands cuz I touched dirty clothes to put in hamper. I don't need to go into the sink and make-up ritual, I am sure you all get the jest.

But that is my nutty but true story. Sad but true. Possibly this is why Saleen's comment hit such a raw nerve with me. Ya'll all know by now, opinionated as I can be I am not really one to bicker back and forth or let trolls get the best of me. I pretty much take everyone as they are. As you can see, I am quite flawed myself.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 01-08-2014 at 03:47 PM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

I also took cleaning to mean deeper overall cleaning. Picking up and wiping down as you go is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Just to clarify, my cleaning is grouped in with whatever I do. When someone says cleaning, I equate that with scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush and stuff like that. I am a severe germaphobe which has been a family joke for years. I pick up as I go so there is no mess to clean. My definition of cleaning and others differ. All my stuff has a specific place where it is used and put back right then and there.

When I say I am going to take a shower it isn't simply a matter of hopping in the shower getting washed and.getting dressed. Before I will get in, the shower is sprayed down and disinfected. I have.two of those hanging shower bags with pouches. Once has my face, body, and hair stuff with its arranged from top to bottom in that order. In the other shower organizer is my.cleaning stuff. I have plastic shaker bottles like parmesan cheese containers to keep powders from getting wet at the very top. Baking soda and borax. Then I have my dawn dish detergent, spray bottles of white vinegar with lavender oil in it and another sprayer of alcohol. And at bottom is my two sided scrubby sponge. Again arranged in this order from top to bottom. Once I am finished washing me every thing in shower is soaped up again and rinsed before I get out. Once I am out of the shower. I have towels outside of shower. One on floor and one for me. Again, drying goes from top to bottom. Once this is done and I'm standing on towel. My white vinegar essential oil blend is sprayed on the floor. I then proceed with the towel shuffle across the floor with my feet wiping as I move toward my clean clothes, socks, and my indoor Crocs..(Greatest invention ever) Once I am dressed and shoed, towels go into towel and dirty undies hamper, clothes go into clothes hamper. Then on to the sink where I wash my hands cuz I touched dirty clothes to put in hamper. I don't need to go into the sink and make-up ritual, I am sure you all get the jest.

But that is my nutty but true story. Sad but true. Possibly this is why Saleen's comment hit such a raw nerve with me. Ya'll all know by now, opinionated as I can be I am not really one to bicker back and forth or let trolls get the best of me. I pretty much take everyone as they are. As you can see, I am quite flawed myself.
    YES. Completely get this.

My husband is a pig. Which drives me crazy. Although my logic might appear nuts to some, my top to bottom, head to toe ritual makes sense to me. The pig on the other hand will put the pumice stone in the shower, which I never share with anyone. My pumice stone that he buffed his nasty fucking feet with is put into the pocket with my face soap hanging over my tube of toothpaste and toothbrush. So then I have to throw away my soap (I can only use Cetaphil anti-bac bar soap, I'm allergic to everything else.) T
    take the damn bag down, soak it in bleach water and throw toothbrush away and sanitize everything else. I hate him. He is disgusting.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

My Husband seems to not have any aiming skills with the toilet. It's Fucking nasty! I've confronted him about it many times. I mean HOW HARD CAN IT BE? I hAve to clean the toilet and everything around and behind it daily with bleach and I keep sanitizing wipes under the sink that I use on it before every time I go. Who fucking DOES that?! Pees everywhere? It's gross.

Yes ma'am mine pisses all over and does not lift the seat. So before I ever sit down, I gotta clean the seat with my disinfectant wipes that are conveniently located next to the toilet..lol

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Can either of y'all bishes come over to my house?!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Can either of y'all bishes come over to my house?!

If I had the time? Gladly. But between running AND working my business, obsessively cleaning and playing/running my band I'm already anxiety ridden. Wow. I need a drink just writing that post.

In addition to having to do everything without the help of my Husband I have FOUR other Men that look to me to handle all of the band business and booking. And between the five of them all I get NO benefits. I need a sugar daddy.

And Man. Am I stupid.

Thread Information