Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4 Year Old Marc Bookal went missing from his home December 14, 2009

4 Year Old Marc Bookal went missing from his home December 14, 2009

Just loving how the mom is defending the boyfriend that left the front door open for her child to disappear out of......
    Hope they find this little boy ok! 

http://wcbstv.com/local/missing.newburgh.child.2.1369890.html

As the search continues for a little boy in  Orange County who vanished from his apartment in Newburgh on Monday afternoon, the boyfriend of the boy's mother has been charged with reckless endangerment after allegedly not watching over the child when he went missing.

Christina Bookal broke down Monday night after learning her 4-year-old son, Marc Anthony, had disappeared.

"I just want my baby home," she said, fighting through tears, to CBS 2.

As the concerned mother and her friends walked the streets looking for her missing son again on Tuesday, Newburgh police detectives quietly canvassed the neighborhood as part of a joint effort to find the 4-year-old boy.

Police say the child was last seen Monday afternoon at home with his mother's live-in boyfriend, 30-year-old Cory Byrd.

"He last checked on the kid at about 1 o'clock. He was in the residence with the child and found an open door and the child missing," said Sgt. Paul Weber of the Newburgh police department.

Byrd has since been charged with misdemeanor child endangerment and an undisclosed parole violation. Christina Bookal disagrees with the charges against her boyfriend.

"I understand he let him go out the door, but reckless endangerment, that's more like he harmed him," she said.

But the prevailing sentiment among some of Marc's other relatives, including his biological father, is that something about this case just doesn't add up.

"There's something wrong. I don't think he should have let him go outside by himself," said Clarence Mitzner, the boy's uncle.

"He shouldn't have been watching my son. Now he's watching him again, now nobody [breaks down]," said Yul Bookal, the boy's father.

The missing child is described as light skinned with brown hair and a medium afro haircut. He stands 3-foot-6 and weighs about 42-pounds. He has discolorations on the back of each hand from a previous hand injury.

Marc was last seen wearing a red, long sleeved shirt with white Nike uptown sneakers and gray Rocawear sweatpants. The boy's mother says she does not believe her husband is at fault, but she does allude to what appears to be a strained relationship with his biological father.

"I think somebody may have snatched him because he doesn't wander off or anything," she said. "Wherever he's at, let him come home. He didn't do anything to you, he didn't ask for this."

Despite the mother's insinuation that someone may have done her son harm or that foul play may be involved, detectives are still treating the boy's disappearance as a missing person's case.

Neighbors were also disturbingly pessimistic about the outcome of this case, but unwilling to give up hope.

"We've just been looking everywhere, trying to look in dumpsters, trying to get the community together to help. This is a baby, a 4-year-old baby," said neighbor Jeanette Sanchez.

Anyone with information should contact the NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services at 1-800-FIND-KID (346-3543) or contact the Newburgh City Police Department.

Re: 4 Year Old Marc Bookal went missing from his home December 14, 2009

I hope I inserted the picture......new at this.    He's such a cutie.

not another one of these stories.  :2sad:  i hope they find him alive and well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I heard this story on the news this morning. My first reaction was that the boyfriend killed him...hope I'm wrong and he's found somewhere safe.

[quote author=moosella link=topic=23550.msg1477263#msg1477263 date=1260902005]
    I heard this story on the news this morning. My first reaction was that the boyfriend killed him...hope I'm wrong and he's found somewhere safe.
    [/quote]That was my first reaction, as well. I hate hearing stories like this. I hope he is safe, too. Usually, I refrain from posting in threads that involve children. I guess I am hoping for a miracle here.

[quote author=firefly link=topic=23550.msg1477255#msg1477255 date=1260901157]
    Just loving how the mom is defending the boyfriend that left the front door open for her child to disappear out of......
    Hope they find this little boy ok!   

[/quote]

It says he found a door open and the kid gone, not that he left the door open. Or did I miss that part?

Kids can be quick and sneaky and if he just slipped out that could have been an accident. He probably killed him though. That's usually they way these stories go.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

No amber alert.
    Doesn't meet the criteria.
    So maybe the police know more than they are letting on.
    Otherwise a 4 year-old abducted or possibly lost would probably be considered at risk of injury etc 

Hope you're found safe little one.

[quote author=Lorelei link=topic=23550.msg1477292#msg1477292 date=1260904508]
    No amber alert.
    Doesn't meet the criteria.
    So maybe the police know more than they are letting on.
    Otherwise a 4 year-old abducted or possibly lost would probably be considered at risk of injury etc 

Hope you're found safe little one.
    [/quote]

They don't know it was an abduction and have no information about an abductor, vehicle, etc.

AMBER Alert Guidelines

The New York State AMBER Alert Plan can be activated when an investigating law enforcement agency confirms that:

1. An abduction of a child (under the age of 18) has occurred, and
      2. The child is believed to be in danger of serious bodily harm or death, either due to the actions of another or due to a proven mental or physical condition.

Even if formal activation criteria have been met, activation may be impractical if available information is not specific enough and/or an extended period of time passed since the disappearance.

For example, an AMBER Alert specifying involvement of a white van (without a license plate number) could actually hinder an investigation by causing the public to inundate police agencies with possible sightings.
    Notes:

1. "Confirms" is defined as having reasonable cause to believe that a child has been abducted. While confirmation is usually established through eyewitness accounts, eliminating other possibilities through investigation can also be used to reasonably conclude that a child has been abducted.
      2. Familial abductions qualify only if a child is endangered by the actions of the abducting family member.
      3. Whenever the NYSP COMSEC declines to issue an AMBER Alert, requesting agencies are referred to the NYS DCJS Missing and Exploited Children Clearinghouse (MECC) for possible issuance of a Missing Child/College Student Alert and to other NYSP investigative resources.

http://amber.ny.gov/Guidelines/

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23550.msg1477279#msg1477279 date=1260903758]
    It says he found a door open and the kid gone, not that he left the door open. Or did I miss that part?

Kids can be quick and sneaky and if he just slipped out that could have been an accident. He probably killed him though. That's usually they way these stories go.
    [/quote]

I'm confused by this.  The mother says
    "I understand he let him go out the door, but reckless endangerment, that's more like he harmed him," she said.

That makes it sound like he watched him walk out of the door or knew the door was open but later the article says he found the door open and the child gone.

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=23550.msg1477316#msg1477316 date=1260906608]
    I'm confused by this.  The mother says

That makes it sound like he watched him walk out of the door or knew the door was open but later the article says he found the door open and the child gone.
    [/quote]

I just took that to mean he got out the door on the boyfriend's watch, not that he actually knowingly let him go.  But then a relative comments that he shouldn't have let him go outside by himself like maybe he told him to go out and play.

Either way, I doubt that's what happened anyway. The relatives aren't standing behind the guy at all so it seems they must not trust him. ETA Except the kid's mom.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23550.msg1477326#msg1477326 date=1260907268]
    I just took that to mean he got out the door on the boyfriend's watch, not that he actually knowingly let him go.  But then a relative comments that he shouldn't have let him go outside by himself like maybe he told him to go out and play. ETA Except the kid's mom.

Either way, I doubt that's what happened anyway. The relatives aren't standing behind the guy at all so it seems they must not trust him.
    [/quote]

I think there must be more to the story and I agree that it sounds as though the relatives don't trust him.  I really hope they find him

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=23550.msg1477330#msg1477330 date=1260907706]
    I think there must be more to the story and I agree that it sounds as though the relatives don't trust him.  I really hope they find him
    [/quote]

My ETA was supposed to be after the part that said the relatives didn't seem to trust him.

These stories seldom have happy endings.  :2sad:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=23550.msg1477279#msg1477279 date=1260903758]

[/quote]

They sure can. But this case doesn't look good.  :|

On the news, they are saying that the boyfriend Cory Byrd was arrested previously for abusing his then one year old child. I'm looking for article to back that up.

Edit-- ok, here's an article:
    http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/new_york_state/091215-newburgh-boy-missing-arrest

MYFOXNY.COM - Police have charged an upstate New York man with reckless endangerment after the 4-year-old boy in his care disappeared. Cops are looking for Marc Anthony Bookal. He was last seen at his home Monday in Newburgh, N.Y. on Benkard Avenue, police said. The door was left open and he was gone.

Meantime, officers arrested Cory Byrd on Tuesday. He is the boyfriend of Bookal's mother.

Byrd has a prior criminal record. He served almost two years for reckless endangerment 1st degree for hurting an infant. He also served time for criminal sale of cocaine.

Bookal's father says that Byrd has harmed his son before, and now he fears the worst.

Bookal is 3-foot-6 and weights 42 pounds. He has black eyes and brown hair. He is described as a light-skinned black boy with discolorations on the back of his hands from a previous burn injury, authorities said.

He was last seen wearing a red long-sleeve shirt, white Nike Uptown sneakers, and gray Rokaware sweatpants, police said.

I wondered about those burns on the backs of his hands as well.......poor kid.  Mother's a moron, as usual in these cases.

Yul Bookal, the child's father, spoke with CBS 2 this morning at the Newburgh police station, right after police officially declared they were holding his ex-wife's current live-in boyfriend, 30-year-old Cory Byrd.

"I asked him before, 'Has Cory ever hit him?' And he told me, 'Yeah.' And then the mother got into it with me, you know kind of pissed me off, and said, 'Why would he ask that? He was just playing with him!' I'm like, 'Christine, you don't play around. Marc told me he hit him,'" the father told CBS 2.

Mr. Bookal said when the little boy was being watched once by the mother's boyfriend, he said somehow the backs of the boy's hands were burned. As the father tried to explain to CBS 2, that's when he broke down. There was a long, painful moment.

"He shouldn't have been watching my son," he said. "Now he's watching him again, now nobody [sobs]."

CBS 2: "Are you all right?"

Bookal (crying): "No, I'm not not all right man, my son is missing!"

http://www.myspace.com/sino6

Cury Byrd myspace..

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

[quote author=krazegirl link=topic=23550.msg1477666#msg1477666 date=1260930723]
    http://www.myspace.com/sino6

Cury Byrd myspace..
    [/quote]

Cory Byrd  :2embarrassed:

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

I used to live right around where this is going on, and the people there aren't always the smartest bunch. I have a bad feeling about the boyfriend but I'm still hoping Marc Anthony comes home safely...
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

[quote author=firefly link=topic=23550.msg1477510#msg1477510 date=1260919278]
    I wondered about those burns on the backs of his hands as well.......poor kid.  Mother's a moron, as usual in these cases.

Yul Bookal, the child's father, spoke with CBS 2 this morning at the Newburgh police station, right after police officially declared they were holding his ex-wife's current live-in boyfriend, 30-year-old Cory Byrd.

"I asked him before, 'Has Cory ever hit him?' And he told me, 'Yeah.' And then the mother got into it with me, you know kind of pissed me off, and said, 'Why would he ask that? He was just playing with him!' I'm like, 'Christine, you don't play around. Marc told me he hit him,'" the father told CBS 2.

Mr. Bookal said when the little boy was being watched once by the mother's boyfriend, he said somehow the backs of the boy's hands were burned. As the father tried to explain to CBS 2, that's when he broke down. There was a long, painful moment.

"He shouldn't have been watching my son," he said. "Now he's watching him again, now nobody [sobs]."

CBS 2: "Are you all right?"

Bookal (crying): "No, I'm not not all right man, my son is missing!"
    [/quote]

This is heart breaking.  :-(

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=23550.msg1478090#msg1478090 date=1260978447]

This is heart breaking.  :-(
    [/quote]

my eyes teared up. i just couldn't imagine what he is going through. 
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

[quote author=beli link=topic=23550.msg1478164#msg1478164 date=1260982325]
    my eyes teared up. i just couldn't imagine what he is going through. 
    [/quote]

I actually stopped and prayed for him and his son. I would freak out bad if something like this happened to Jack. If some other man hurt my son I don't think I'd be able to control the urge to kill that man. Honestly.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=23550.msg1478183#msg1478183 date=1260983147]

I actually stopped and prayed for him and his son. I would freak out bad if something like this happened to Jack. If some other man hurt my son I don't think I'd be able to control the urge to kill that man. Honestly.
    [/quote]

i would feel so much rage, but then hopelessness b/c even if i killed whoever hurt one of my babies, it would not bring them back.

So, Cory Byrd abused Marc's mom's other son 10 years ago........but it was an "accident'...he fractured the then 1 year old's skull, broke his ribs.......but nah, he can't be involved in the disappearance of Marc!  I just wanna shake this woman.     

http://wcbstv.com/video/?id=136045@wcbs.dayport.com   

[quote author=firefly link=topic=23550.msg1478369#msg1478369 date=1260990738]
    So, Cory Byrd abused Marc's mom's other son 10 years ago........but it was an "accident'...he fractured the then 1 year old's skull, broke his ribs.......but nah, he can't be involved in the disappearance of Marc!  I just wanna shake this woman.     

http://wcbstv.com/video/?id=136045@wcbs.dayport.com   
    [/quote]

he looks about the size of my baby dylan.    i want to punch that bitch in the throat.  it has everything to do with whats happening now!!!

And who the hell remains that CALM when you have a missing 4 year old out there??  And I don't like the way she said "Marc loveD him and Cory loveD Marc".........past tense...not showing much hope that your son is still alive out there somewhere ya dipshit.

Thread Information