Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph McStay (40) was found dead in a desert grave, along with his wife and their two young children

Re: McStay Family - entire family missing since 4 February 2010

Two possible sightings of the McStay family
    by Jamal Al-Sarraf

Possible sightings of the McStay family in Mérida and Barra Navidad, Mexico, have been reported, according to the McStay family Web site.

Joseph McStay, his wife Summer and two children went missing abruptly on Feb. 4. Since then, no traces of phone calls have been found or evidence of foul play. Four days later on Feb. 8, the family’s Izuzu Trooper was found in San Ysidro, next to the Mexican border. After authorities scanned the computer of the family, the history of their internet browser showed that someone was seeking to find a way into Mexico without visas. Since their disappearance, the FBI, aerial drones and a large distribution of fliers have all aided in the search.

Michael McStay, Joseph’s brother, also maintains there is promising evidence of the family’s whereabouts. “Two sightings occurred in Merida and Barra Navidad,” he said. “Joey owns property in Merida and he wouldn’t take off without telling us.”

Last week, Michael McStay was handing out fliers on the border in hopes of finding someone who might have seen the family. “While I was on the border a Mexican police officer from Tijuana walked up to me,” he said. “I grabbed the person closest to me to interpret what the officer was saying. According to the translator this is the first time the officer heard of the investigation.”

Michael McStay is also convinced that authorities have not done their best to find the family. “One of my questions was that if someone did a search on the PC, did they look for a specific destination,” he said. “The detective simply said ‘no’ and I’m not convinced. Truthfully I should be able to know this information.”

Michael McStay will travel with the FBI to Mexico this week.

Visit www.mcstayfamily.org for more information.   

http://www.sanclementetimes.com/view...ance=eye_on_sc

Olivia posted that earlier in the thread.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24898.msg1591428#msg1591428 date=1270835050]
    Olivia posted that earlier in the thread.
    [/quote]

:oops:
    It's still the most recent article.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=24898.msg1591430#msg1591430 date=1270835147]

:oops:
    It's still the most recent article.
    [/quote]

Ugh, how frustrating. I really want to know something about this family. Maybe if they can find them, then they can focus more of their time on the Oklahoma family. I really feel like something fishy happened there.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24898.msg1591385#msg1591385 date=1270832682]
    No, that's actually completely on topic, and I think you're an idiot.
    She was just saying that it's strange how two families have gone completely missing, and only one is really being thrown on the media, and examined... I have yet to see news coverage about the family from Oklahoma, even though the circumstances around them disappearing, seemed a little strange. But this family (McStay's) are on news pages everywhere, and they probably just ran off to start another life, from what the evidence shows! So, I agree with her... now stfu and quit being rude.
    [/quote]

dude.&nbsp; :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

[quote author=beli link=topic=24898.msg1591432#msg1591432 date=1270835260]

[/quote]

What? She's right.&nbsp; :2smiley:

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=24898.msg1591435#msg1591435 date=1270835466]
    What? She's right.&nbsp; :2smiley:
    [/quote]

i know, but it made me laugh. hard.&nbsp; :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

[quote author=beli link=topic=24898.msg1591432#msg1591432 date=1270835260]

[/quote]

Sorry.&nbsp; :oops: Got a little carried away. Rough morning.

[quote author=beli link=topic=24898.msg1591436#msg1591436 date=1270835527]
    i know, but it made me laugh. hard.&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

Yeah, me too.&nbsp; :-P

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar

Is there an article here on The Jamison Family?&nbsp; I know they were mentioned earlier in this thread.&nbsp; I just read a ton on websluthes and it was extremely disturbing. :2thescream:
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

[quote author=emmy_dreamy link=topic=24898.msg1591683#msg1591683 date=1270854740]
    Is there an article here on The Jamison Family?&nbsp; I know they were mentioned earlier in this thread.&nbsp; I just read a ton on websluthes and it was extremely disturbing. :2thescream:
    [/quote]

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=22955.0

There is a search button at the top of the page, if there are any articles on someone they will be listed when you do a search on the name.

Amizlude is hardly being rude.&nbsp; (Did not mean for that to rhyme)

Just stating a point that is on topic.&nbsp; She also has pretty eyebrows and makeup so I'm biased.

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=24898.msg1592311#msg1592311 date=1270937984]
    Amizlude is hardly being rude.&nbsp; (Did not mean for that to rhyme)

Just stating a point that is on topic.&nbsp; She also has pretty eyebrows and makeup so I'm biased.
    [/quote]

I could be mistaken because her post isn't really clear, but I think she's saying that missing white women syndrome doesn't exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24898.msg1592312#msg1592312 date=1270938209]
    I could be mistaken because her post isn't really clear, but I think she's saying that missing white women syndrome doesn't exist?
    [/quote]
    I hope not, I applauded her. :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=24898.msg1592313#msg1592313 date=1270938389]
    I hope not, I applauded her. :lol:
    [/quote] &nbsp; Well first I thought like you did, but then when people kinda jumped on her and I reread it, I thought she was saying there is no such thing.

This line confuses me.

I was reading through the comments I had to roll my eyes about how one faimily gets more publicity and help from the news/police, over others. I

Is she rolling her eyes because people are commenting that that happens and she doesn't agree?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=24898.msg1592315#msg1592315 date=1270938567]
    &nbsp; Well first I thought like you did, but then when people kinda jumped on her and I reread it, I thought she was saying there is no such thing.

This line confuses me.

I was reading through the comments I had to roll my eyes about how one faimily gets more publicity and help from the news/police, over others. I

Is she rolling her eyes because people are commenting that that happens and she doesn't agree?

[/quote]

Reading it again now confuses me.&nbsp; I took it as she meant that she rolls her eyes at the fact that one family will get more attention than another due to the &quot;white woman syndrome&quot;.&nbsp; Which is unfortunately true.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=24898.msg1592321#msg1592321 date=1270938806]
    Reading it again now confuses me.&nbsp; I took it as she meant that she rolls her eyes at the fact that one family will get more attention than another due to the &quot;white woman syndrome&quot;.&nbsp; Which is unfortunately true.
    [/quote]That's how I took it. Fuck it, I'm not wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=24898.msg1591101#msg1591101 date=1270798013]
    sounds to me like a family that wanted to start over. &nbsp;it could be also just that there was some shady dealings bussiness-wise or trying to escape debt by leaving it all behind.

there's a guy who owned a coffee chain outfit here and one day the cops found his pickup down an embankment partially in the river, the deposits from the cofee shops were in the cab, minus the cash. &nbsp;everyone was concerned thinking he was dead.
    come to find out he was in legal shit with his parents over the coffee shop bussiness. &nbsp;they found him in mexico and he had changed his name. &nbsp;all the authorities could do was inform his wife here that he was just in mexico and alive.
    fucked up shit right there. &nbsp;
    [/quote]

I tend to agree, V. &nbsp;It's almost as if they THOUGHT they had found a place where they could settle down and start life anew, but something unexpected reared its ugly head, be it from her past or something unrelated, and they had to immediately abandon their plans. &nbsp;

I'm just curious as to what the precursor was...and, dammit, I admire their ability to have the abilty/resources to pick up, jump ship and start over when necessary. &nbsp;Sounds almost like a fucking superhuman power I'd love to have on occasion, the old &quot;PRESTO, CHANGO!&quot; &nbsp;:lol:

[quote author=MorbidlyLovely link=topic=24898.msg1592329#msg1592329 date=1270940492]
    I tend to agree, V. &nbsp;It's almost as if they THOUGHT they had found a place where they could settle down and start life anew, but something unexpected reared its ugly head, be it from her past or something unrelated, and they had to immediately abandon their plans. &nbsp;

I'm just curious as to what the precursor was...and, dammit, I admire their ability to have the abilty/resources to pick up, jump ship and start over when necessary. &nbsp;Sounds almost like a fucking superhuman power I'd love to have on occasion, the old &quot;PRESTO, CHANGO!&quot; &nbsp;:lol:
    [/quote]yeah.&nbsp; and its not a crime to dissappear.&nbsp; or i should say its not a crime to be a missing person.&nbsp;

this is where i get all pissed off because i think when someone does this shit, they should have consequences.&nbsp; i get that we have free will but to avoid debt, cause court issues, waste community resources to help locate them (my mom had to have an attorney to get conservatorship), declaring someoen dead, etc.&nbsp; i mean their actions are just like assault imo but im biased.&nbsp;
    the people who are left behind are literally left there to wonder wtf happened and if they are alive/dead or whatever.&nbsp;

its not fair when people do this shit.&nbsp; as a matter of fact, it makes me see red.&nbsp;

The websleths thread on this case boogled my mind. This is towards the end of the 3rd thread, i cant find the first-
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99105&amp;page=13

I can't find any new &quot;info&quot; anywhere else. Why has the reporting stopped?

[quote author=Hayalet link=topic=24898.msg1607408#msg1607408 date=1272304701]
    The websleths thread on this case boogled my mind. This is towards the end of the 3rd thread, i cant find the first-
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99105&amp;page=13

I can't find any new &quot;info&quot; anywhere else. Why has the reporting stopped?
    [/quote]probably because they took off on their own and dont want to be found.&nbsp; i know we didnt hear anything here about the one guy who we all thought was missing but took off to mexico on his own.&nbsp; he told the authorities and they let his family know but the public wasnt made aware.&nbsp;

im just guessing though.&nbsp; ill check out that link you posted.

Olivia

http://www.mcstayfamily.com/six-months-have-passed

Six months have passed and we are no closer today than we were six days from the start of our investigation. The Detectives and the FBI are chasing down leads as fast as they come in and really want to solve this case. I know that the detectives really want to get our story back out there to help prompt some leads for them to follow up.

The AMW show prompted around 13 leads in which Dugal and his team went through them in a few days. We’ve had leads from Michigan to El Paso, North Carolina, Susanville, and various spots in mainland Mexico and the Baja Peninsula. None of which panned out.

My mom has been running the missing persons flyer ( printable from our site) in a handful of newspapers in Mexico since June with only a couple of leads.

My friend who went to Mexico three times is now chasing down some of his own data from his Baja adventures.

North County Times, San Diego Union Tribune, CBS, ABC in San Diego have done a six month follow up trying to keep our family’s disappearance in the public’s eye.

The Steve Wilkos show does a short excerpt called “Back on the Beat” and has offered to put something together for us to try and help.

One of the staff writer’s for People Magazine has contacted us through the site and is pitching our story to the power’s that be. We may have some support from them which could help I’m sure.

A few weeks ago my mom let J—- take whatever he wanted from his dad’s house. This situation is tough enough to deal with as an adult, let alone have to deal with it as a 14 year old teenager about to start high school and wondering what happened to his dad. He took all Joey’s surfboards, ipod, music (he really wanted his dad’s music). He wants his room to done in the hardwood flooring that was at the house, so we gave them that too. We sold the appliances and gave them the money as well. Earlier this week I went down to Joey’s house and met with Summer’s family to help remove some of Joey &amp; Summer’s remaining items.

Please remember to pray for all the family members when you make your prayers. Tracy, Summer’s sister, is having a tough time dealing with the stress, as is my dad Patrick and of course my mom Susan. My heart was breaking as I watched Blanche, Summer’s Mom, almost completely in tears as she was moving out some of her daughter’s items on Tuesday. The pressure of it all just becomes additional stress, worry and concern that’s added to normal everyday life, and it’s beginning to take a toll on the family.

Finally, I just want to remind everyone that we are just a normal American family like everyone else here just trying to get by and find our loved ones. This could be your family that’s missing. I don’t wish this situation on my worst enemy. If you know anything, or think you remember anything pertaining to our family’s disappearance, PICK UP THE PHONE or EMAIL the website. We simply do not know what small detail law enforcement needs to crack this case. Everything little bit helps.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=24898.msg1703076#msg1703076 date=1282819901]
    http://www.mcstayfamily.com/six-months-have-passed

Six months have passed and we are no closer today than we were six days from the start of our investigation. The Detectives and the FBI are chasing down leads as fast as they come in and really want to solve this case. I know that the detectives really want to get our story back out there to help prompt some leads for them to follow up.

The AMW show prompted around 13 leads in which Dugal and his team went through them in a few days. We’ve had leads from Michigan to El Paso, North Carolina, Susanville, and various spots in mainland Mexico and the Baja Peninsula. None of which panned out.

My mom has been running the missing persons flyer ( printable from our site) in a handful of newspapers in Mexico since June with only a couple of leads.

My friend who went to Mexico three times is now chasing down some of his own data from his Baja adventures.

North County Times, San Diego Union Tribune, CBS, ABC in San Diego have done a six month follow up trying to keep our family’s disappearance in the public’s eye.

The Steve Wilkos show does a short excerpt called “Back on the Beat” and has offered to put something together for us to try and help.

One of the staff writer’s for People Magazine has contacted us through the site and is pitching our story to the power’s that be. We may have some support from them which could help I’m sure.

A few weeks ago my mom let J—- take whatever he wanted from his dad’s house. This situation is tough enough to deal with as an adult, let alone have to deal with it as a 14 year old teenager about to start high school and wondering what happened to his dad. He took all Joey’s surfboards, ipod, music (he really wanted his dad’s music). He wants his room to done in the hardwood flooring that was at the house, so we gave them that too. We sold the appliances and gave them the money as well. Earlier this week I went down to Joey’s house and met with Summer’s family to help remove some of Joey &amp; Summer’s remaining items.

Please remember to pray for all the family members when you make your prayers. Tracy, Summer’s sister, is having a tough time dealing with the stress, as is my dad Patrick and of course my mom Susan. My heart was breaking as I watched Blanche, Summer’s Mom, almost completely in tears as she was moving out some of her daughter’s items on Tuesday. The pressure of it all just becomes additional stress, worry and concern that’s added to normal everyday life, and it’s beginning to take a toll on the family.

Finally, I just want to remind everyone that we are just a normal American family like everyone else here just trying to get by and find our loved ones. This could be your family that’s missing. I don’t wish this situation on my worst enemy. If you know anything, or think you remember anything pertaining to our family’s disappearance, PICK UP THE PHONE or EMAIL the website. We simply do not know what small detail law enforcement needs to crack this case. Everything little bit helps.
    [/quote]

So they haven't been found then. Strange story. I hope they are ok.

I like to be kissed Australian style... down under

OK, this is way out of left field, but I'm just throwing it out there...&nbsp; what happens to people who join the witness protection program?&nbsp; Surely, their neighbors/friends/co-workers would report them missing.&nbsp; Do the police just play along under these circumstances and pretend to search?&nbsp; I'm not suggesting that this is the case with the McStay family, just kind of a general question.
    born to be down

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=24898.msg1728510#msg1728510 date=1286148412]
    OK, this is way out of left field, but I'm just throwing it out there... &nbsp;what happens to people who join the witness protection program? &nbsp;Surely, their neighbors/friends/co-workers would report them missing. &nbsp;Do the police just play along under these circumstances and pretend to search? &nbsp;I'm not suggesting that this is the case with the McStay family, just kind of a general question.
    [/quote]

Isn't it generally known when people go into a witness protection program? They have usually testified in a well known trial or something, right? So the neighbors would be aware?

Thread Information