Page 106 of 229 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 5721

Thread: FOOD! (Pictures & Recipes)

Re: FOOD! (Pictures & Recipes)

About 25 years ago, my ex got a recipe out of a Chicago newspaper. It was for a spicy chili with no beans.
    The article said it was by Diamond Jim Brady. I spent many hours searching for the recipe about ten years ago, and I found it. I bookmarked it, but no longer have that computer. The recipe I found said it wasn't "Diamond" Jim Brady, though. Instead it was the Jim Brady that was shot and paralyzed protecting President Regan.

The recipe called for cubed pork, cubed beef, five large spanish onions, masa harina and other shit that I can't remember. Maybe two jars of jalapeno peppers and chili powder?

Does anyone recognize this, or know where in the hell I can begin to find it?

Is this it?

Ingredients

6 tablespoons oil
    2 pounds round steak, cut in cubes
    1 pound pork tenderloin, cut in cubes
    2 tablespoons hot chili powder (more or less, depending on heat desired)
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    3 medium onions, chopped, depending on heat desired
    3 large jalapenos seeded and minced (or more or less)
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
    3 bay leaves
    4 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    6 ounce can pitted California olives, optional
    Shredded aged Cheddar cheese for garnish

Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in large pot and brown the beef and the pork in the fat. Stir in the chili powder and set aside. Heat remaining oil in another large skillet and saute the onions until golden. Add the jalapeno and saute for a minute or two; add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add to the meat along with oregano, vinegar, tomatoes, 1 cup water, bay leaves, cumin, brown sugar and salt. Reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours; do not boil; stir occasionally and adjust seasoning if needed. Serves 8.

Directions

Note: You can make this dish much hotter; Jim always did. His version calls for 4 jalapenos and a 2.4 ounce box of hot chili powder! Also, be sure to test the jalapenos before using them — some are hot, and some are very mild.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16399.msg1712311#msg1712311 date=1284139916]
    Is this it?

Ingredients

6 tablespoons oil
    2 pounds round steak, cut in cubes
    1 pound pork tenderloin, cut in cubes
    2 tablespoons hot chili powder (more or less, depending on heat desired)
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    3 medium onions, chopped, depending on heat desired
    3 large jalapenos seeded and minced (or more or less)
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
    3 bay leaves
    4 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    6 ounce can pitted California olives, optional
    Shredded aged Cheddar cheese for garnish

Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in large pot and brown the beef and the pork in the fat. Stir in the chili powder and set aside. Heat remaining oil in another large skillet and saute the onions until golden. Add the jalapeno and saute for a minute or two; add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add to the meat along with oregano, vinegar, tomatoes, 1 cup water, bay leaves, cumin, brown sugar and salt. Reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours; do not boil; stir occasionally and adjust seasoning if needed. Serves 8.

Directions

Note: You can make this dish much hotter; Jim always did. His version calls for 4 jalapenos and a 2.4 ounce box of hot chili powder! Also, be sure to test the jalapenos before using them — some are hot, and some are very mild.

[/quote]

:2huh: Where did you find this?

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=16399.msg1712320#msg1712320 date=1284140452]

:2huh: Where did you find this?
    [/quote]

It was tough. I had to google.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

As a side note, Rich cut that recipe out of a Chicago paper right about 1987. He carried that damn thing in his wallet for about 15 years. It got to the point where it wasn't even something that was readable, anymore.

Over the last ten years, I have searched for it three times. The first and third times, I had success-after a week of searching a variety of words. The second time, I gave up after the week was over.

I was just talking to Rich in text, and told him that I didn't have it anymore because my computer that had it crashed. His response:

Rich: When u find it again,WRITE IT DOWN!! Paper doesn't crash.

Thank you, DS.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16399.msg1712325#msg1712325 date=1284140605]
    It was tough. I had to google.
    [/quote]

Nice. :lol: I googled, too. MANY TIMES...using many different word combos. 
    I am off to find some damn paper. :lol:

I made a 3 layer chocolate mocca cake this week and it was sooo good!

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=16399.msg1712168#msg1712168 date=1284130349]
    FB has a group for recipes to use in the crock pot/slow cooker.

http://www.facebook.com/fixitandforgetit?v=wall
    [/quote]

I  crock pots! The other night I threw in 4 chicken breasts (boneless), frozen peas, corn and green beans, cream of mushroom soup and a little bit of oil. Put it on low heat and let it cook for 8 hours. The next morning I made brown rice. It's also awesome mixing it in with wheat rotini pasta. The recipes for crock pots are endless...
    Visit my site at: www.healthy-organic-life.com for the purest way to LIVE!

[quote author=ShortestStraw link=topic=16399.msg1717423#msg1717423 date=1284772329]
    I  crock pots! The other night I threw in 4 chicken breasts (boneless), frozen peas, corn and green beans, cream of mushroom soup and a little bit of oil. Put it on low heat and let it cook for 8 hours. The next morning I made brown rice. It's also awesome mixing it in with wheat rotini pasta. The recipes for crock pots are endless...
    [/quote]

dude, last week, they had a crockpot trio on sale at target for $79.  i was like OOOOOOHHHHH!!! i wanted it so bad, but couldnt get it  :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

[quote author=beli link=topic=16399.msg1717424#msg1717424 date=1284772424]
    dude, last week, they had a crockpot trio on sale at target for $79.  i was like OOOOOOHHHHH!!! i wanted it so bad, but couldnt get it  :-(
    [/quote]

Awww bummer. A cheap good one usually would cost anywhere from $25-35 bucks. Its best to get a medium/large sized one so you can stuff as much as you can in it. It's like you can pretty much throw anything in it and it will come out super delicious!

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar

[quote author=ShortestStraw link=topic=16399.msg1717423#msg1717423 date=1284772329]
    [/quote]Sounds like you would be the perfect answer to Gothabella's 'cooking' fear. And I truly think it is a fear with her - it's an unknown or infinity (no beginning or end). She always in control and can control the outcome of manual labor, where  she feels she cannot control cooking.

[quote author=ShortestStraw link=topic=16399.msg1717428#msg1717428 date=1284772679]
    Awww bummer. A cheap good one usually would cost anywhere from $25-35 bucks. Its best to get a medium/large sized one so you can stuff as much as you can in it. It's like you can pretty much throw anything in it and it will come out super delicious!
    [/quote]
    i wanted it for potlucks so i could make different stuff and keep it warm to serve. man, that would have rocked.  and i think they all were the large size. maybe for xmas *crosses fingers*
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

[quote author=Key West Digger link=topic=16399.msg1717434#msg1717434 date=1284772927]
    Sounds like you would be the perfect answer to Gothabella's 'cooking' fear. And I truly think it is a fear with her - it's an unknown or infinity (no beginning or end). She always in control and can control the outcome of manual labor, where  she feels she cannot control cooking.
    [/quote]

Well, I try to stay as far away from the stove top as possible. Anyone with a cooking fear should just stick to the oven or a crock-pot. Preparation is simple and I think food taste better when it's slow cooked. Cooking on a stove-top or anything of that matter involves technique. I just tend to mess up everything and make a mess.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

I'm making Frank's Red Hot buffalo dip tomorrow for a pool party. It is so good, tastes just like buffalo wings. I don't add any chicken to it, just the cheeses and sauce

http://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/...KEN-DIP-RE1242
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar

[quote author=beli link=topic=16399.msg1717437#msg1717437 date=1284773017]
    i wanted it for potlucks so i could make different stuff and keep it warm to serve. man, that would have rocked.  and i think they all were the large size. maybe for xmas *crosses fingers*
    [/quote]Was that the one where there are three 2.5 qt 'dishes' with a warming like tray? I quess you can cook all three individually. I assume that a slow cooker is a crockpot.

[quote author=ShortestStraw link=topic=16399.msg1717444#msg1717444 date=1284773283]
    Well, I try to stay as far away from the stove top as possible. Anyone with a cooking fear should just stick to the oven or a crock-pot. Preparation is simple and I think food taste better when it's slow cooked. Cooking on a stove-top or anything of that matter involves technique. I just tend to mess up everything and make a mess.
    [/quote]

just prep your food before anything, that way everything is ready to go. put the ingrediants first thing going in closest to the stove, next ingrediant next to it, etc.  i love cooking.  i love the time it takes to make a good meal. 

off subject
    i want to post a pasta that i make and people beg me for the recipe, but its a looooong process and im not even sure how to even start to type it out.  but i made it for my bible study group and for some relatives and they wont leave me alone. im thinking of making two...one for how i make the chicken for the dish, then the one for the sauce. hmmm

[quote author=beli link=topic=16399.msg1717475#msg1717475 date=1284774786]
    just prep your food before anything, that way everything is ready to go. put the ingrediants first thing going in closest to the stove, next ingrediant next to it, etc.  i love cooking.  i love the time it takes to make a good meal. 

off subject
    i want to post a pasta that i make and people beg me for the recipe, but its a looooong process and im not even sure how to even start to type it out.  but i made it for my bible study group and for some relatives and they wont leave me alone. im thinking of making two...one for how i make the chicken for the dish, then the one for the sauce. hmmm
    [/quote]

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

Alfons put a huge chunk of beef in the crock pot, then proceeded to start making homemade enchiladas.

I won't be starving this weekend. :lol:

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=16399.msg1717788#msg1717788 date=1284834472]
    Alfons put a huge chunk of beef in the crock pot, then proceeded to start making homemade enchiladas.

I won't be starving this weekend. :lol:
    [/quote]

haha, im making my chicken enchiladas as we type.  they are in the oven, the rice is finishing up and my black beans are simmering. smells awesome in here.

[quote author=beli link=topic=16399.msg1717805#msg1717805 date=1284835911]
    haha, im making my chicken enchiladas as we type.  they are in the oven, the rice is finishing up and my black beans are simmering. smells awesome in here.
    [/quote]

He put pepper jack cheese in mine, instead of the yellow cheese.

Our convo this morning:

Me: Do you think cooking makes you look hot?
    Him: No. It just feeds me.
    Me: Well, it does make you look hot.

:oops:

I'm thinking of buying one of them fancy Jack La Lane Juicers. Does anybody have any personal experience with these? Any thoughts? Usually on my way to work i'll stop at this Bionicos place and get my usual carrot/orange juice drink at $5.00 a pop. I figured I'd save money buying the thing.

[quote author=ShortestStraw link=topic=16399.msg1718028#msg1718028 date=1284859113]
    I'm thinking of buying one of them fancy Jack La Lane Juicers. Does anybody have any personal experience with these? Any thoughts? Usually on my way to work i'll stop at this Bionicos place and get my usual carrot/orange juice drink at $5.00 a pop. I figured I'd save money buying the thing.
    [/quote]my nephew got one as a wedding gift and he's been wanting one forever.  he loves the crap out of it.  he uses all kinds of veggies and fruits and makes awesome drinks with it.  thats how he lost a bunch of weight too for the navy. 

we had elk steaks, garlic noodles and mixed veggies for dinner.  it was sooo yumm.

Tonight I made mustard greens, radish tabbouleh, and baked bbq'd black eyed peas. It pretty much rocked. It was all from scratch. low fat and loaded with all kinds of good things.

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=16399.msg1718225#msg1718225 date=1284876174]
    Tonight I made mustard greens, radish tabbouleh, and baked bbq'd black eyed peas. It pretty much rocked. It was all from scratch. low fat and loaded with all kinds of good things.
    [/quote]

Yummm, mustard greens and tabbouleh are two of my most favorite foods. Do you have a recipe for the tabbouleh?

[quote author=k_bass link=topic=16399.msg1718228#msg1718228 date=1284876289]
    Yummm, mustard greens and tabbouleh are two of my most favorite foods. Do you have a recipe for the tabbouleh?
    [/quote]

Why yes I do. It's a little different than traditional tabbouleh. It's great both fresh (warm) and especially the next day after being in the refrigerator. This is the basic recipe, I tweak it a bit by adding more onions, radishes, parsley...etc.

1 1/2 Cups Water
    1/4 tsp Sea Salt
    1 Cup Bulgar wheat ( I like Bobs Red Mill, I like the consistency. but all kinds are good.)
    3 Tbls Olive Oil
    2 Tbls Lemon Juice (Fresh Squeezed is best IMO)
    1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Parsley ( I use reg parsley not the flat Chinese kind)
    2 Green Onions - both the green and white parts minced
    1/2 Cup Thinly sliced radishes

Bring 1 1/2 Cups Water & 1/4 tsp Sea Salt to a boil in a sauce pan.
    Place the Bulgar Wheat into the boiled water, stir, and then tightly cover until the Bulgar Wheat has absorbed all the water (for about 20-30 minutes).
    Then stir in lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, green onions, and radishes and mix well.
    Add more lemon juice and/or salt to taste.

i haven't made tabbouleh in forever.  i think i've been inspired. 

Thread Information