Page 231 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 331 731 1231 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by nolajersey View Post
    Or by Ron...
    He's already said he likes em crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassHat View Post
    Also, she has had three different stories.
    Many people don't realize that she's actually had four story changes.. Well if I can count, that is.

Story 1) When contacted via phone by LE, Jodi said she had not seen Travis since April 08.
    Story 2) When evidence presented to her PROVED that she was there the day of the crime, she said.. Well, she was there.. but when she left Travis was alive and well.
    Story 3) Infamous Ninjas.
    Story 4) She acted in self defense.

Yep. That's four.

Quote Originally Posted by SheStartedIt View Post
    I believe Travis' bedroom was the only room on the second floor. The room mates were fellow mormans, who were more acquaintances with him than close friends... Which would explain why they'd probably never go up to his room.. Plus, they assumed that he had already gone to Mexico.
    Who actually found him finally? It looks like the smell would be inescapable.

Why did LE not remove the body until the day after they came to the scene?

Quote Originally Posted by SheStartedIt View Post
    Many people don't realize that she's actually had four story changes.. Well if I can count, that is.

Story 1) When contacted via phone by LE, Jodi said she had not seen Travis since April 08.
    Story 2) When evidence presented to her PROVED that she was there the day of the crime, she said.. Well, she was there.. but when she left Travis was alive and well.
    Story 3) Infamous Ninjas.
    Story 4) She acted in self defense.

Yep. That's four.
    I think in her intruder story she also claimed to have witnessed him being killed by the intruders.

I think in her intruder story she also claimed to have witnessed him being killed by the intruders.
    Nope. She called him with her mobile phone after she left Arizona, and she included this detail in her 48 Hours version of the story to support that she was concerned about Travis' welfare. Her story was that she barely got out of there with her own life, and she called Travis back to make sure that he was okay.

With her current story, she knew that Travis was dead when she placed that call and the most logical reason for making the call is to give her an alibi. It's another one of scores of other details the defense will have to explain away, along with her feigned surprise at the news that Travis was murdered, her myspace memorial page, and her presence at Travis memorial service, etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Here's an article about how Travis was found..

http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp

Apparently the bathroom door was shut and locked, then there was a long hallway and the entry to his master bedroom was shut and locked as well.. I guess there was enough distance to where the smell was noticeable yet?

I haven't ever heard of the removal of the body being the day after.. Maybe they resumed the crime scene investigation in the morning... I mean, he wasn't gonna go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanwasdrunk View Post
    Nope. She called him with her mobile phone after she left Arizona, and she included this detail in her 48 Hours version of the story to support that she was concerned about Travis' welfare. Her story was that she barely got out of there with her own life, and she called Travis back to make sure that he was okay.

With her current story, she knew that Travis was dead when she placed that call and the most logical reason for making the call is to give her an alibi. It's another one of scores of other details the defense will have to explain away, along with her feigned surprise at the news that Travis was murdered, her myspace memorial page, and her presence at Travis memorial service, etc, etc, etc.
    This is from the Huffington Post article;

Following her arrest, Arias changed her initial story. She admitted she was present when Alexander was murdered, but said his death occurred during a home invasion. Arias said the two were having fun playing with his new camera when things took a sudden turn.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1174274.html

Following her arrest, Arias changed her initial story. She admitted she was present when Alexander was murdered, but said his death occurred during a home invasion. Arias said the two were having fun playing with his new camera when things took a sudden turn.

blah, the alibi phone call is discussed in this very thread ages before that article was even written. This thread is pretty much THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE for info on this case. It's just damned hard to find anything.

Is she pleading insanity? They can't put her in a mental institution unless she is and is acquitted for that reason, correct?
    Lurker checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by YayMe View Post
    Is she pleading insanity? They can't put her in a mental institution unless she is and is acquitted for that reason, correct?
    I'm not sure how that works, but if I remember correctly Mary Winkler didn't plead insanity, yet when she was found guilty her sentence was something like 6 months in some sort of mental facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

I regret to inform you that based on personal experience, a dead body is not as easily detectable via smell as one would be led to think

What time of year was Travis killed? I don't remember. The environment that the body was in would determine when it started smelling. He lived in a hot state, too, didn't he? Arizona? Cold temperatures will keep decomposition at bay. Not that it isn't occurring, it just takes longer. So, if it was sweltering outside but he had the central air on, it could take longer to notice a dead body. Decomp is how they also determine time of death. They take the internal temperature of the liver and look at the stage of decomposition the body is in to come up with a time frame for the time of death. It's really pretty interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

I have a copy of the 48 hours episode saved and I found the part where she says that Travis was alive when she left and that she called him later to see if he was okay but just got his voicemail. http://youtu.be/wghleYUuJeU
    Last edited by bryanwasdrunk; 12-22-2012 at 10:14 PM.

blah, the alibi phone call is discussed in this very thread ages before that article was even written. This thread is pretty much THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE for info on this case. It's just damned hard to find anything.
    No, see it for yourself on the link below. She tells Inside Edition that she was there and witnessed his murder. Move up to the 4:17 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0PN2QJlqus

I have a copy of the 48 hours episode saved and I found the part where she says that Travis was alive when she left and that she called him later to see if he was okay but just got his voicemail. http://youtu.be/wghleYUuJeU
    Well, maybe she says he was alive when she left. Either way she says she witness the attack by intruders. Claiming they were both attacked. Her story changes with the wind.

could you please?

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I regret to inform you that based on personal experience, a dead body is not as easily detectable via smell as one would be led to think
    Hm. Perhaps I (and my neighbors) have a heightened sense of smell, because when my neighbor passed away, the scent wafting was definitely a heads up that something was amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    What time of year was Travis killed? I don't remember. The environment that the body was in would determine when it started smelling. He lived in a hot state, too, didn't he? Arizona? Cold temperatures will keep decomposition at bay. Not that it isn't occurring, it just takes longer. So, if it was sweltering outside but he had the central air on, it could take longer to notice a dead body. Decomp is how they also determine time of death. They take the internal temperature of the liver and look at the stage of decomposition the body is in to come up with a time frame for the time of death. It's really pretty interesting stuff.
    He was killed in June. I didn't even think about the central air being on and slowing the smell. My brain stopped at death-Arizona heat. I had no idea they took the liver temp to determine the time frame for death! That really is interesting.

Travis was killed June 4, 2008... They didn't find his body until the 9th.. so he had 5 days decomp. Summer time in AZ is super hot, so I bet AC had a lot to do with the smell not being as bad as it could have been.

Yeah, house full of men=freezing temperatures, even in the Arizona heat.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

I'm not sure how that works, but if I remember correctly Mary Winkler didn't plead insanity, yet when she was found guilty her sentence was something like 6 months in some sort of mental facility.
    Mary winkler was only sentenced to 7 months in prison, though. She already had credit for 5 months times served. She could have easily walked out of court a free woman.
    Lurker checking in.

Mary winkler was only sentenced to 7 months in prison, though. She already had credit for 5 months times served. She could have easily walked out of court a free woman.
    They gave her credit for 5 months, 2 left to serve in which the judge permitted her to serve in a mental facility. Point being, you don't have to be found guilty or not guilty by insanity to be sent to a nut house.

They gave her credit for 5 months, 2 left to serve in which the judge permitted her to serve in a mental facility. Point being, you don't have to be found guilty or not guilty by insanity to be sent to a nut house.

I got your point, that's pretty much exactly what I said. A voluntary manslaughter conviction is stilla far cry from a murder conviction. With voluntary you have more to play with sentencing. Not so much with a murder conviction, I don't think.
    Lurker checking in.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Self defense means mutilating a body? Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I got your point, that's pretty much exactly what I said. A voluntary manslaughter conviction is stilla far cry from a murder conviction. With voluntary you have more to play with sentencing. Not so much with a murder conviction, I don't think.
    Mary was charged and stood trial for first degree murder. The jury ultimately found her guilty of voluntary manslaughter because they believed her story of self-defense/battered wife. If Jodie goes with the same defense, she could just as easily be found of the same. In one of her stories she claimed she killed him in self-defense. Either way, I believe it's at the courts discretion, based on what I've read, as to what type of facility she goes to.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Self defense means mutilating a body? Interesting.
    mary Winkler's husband was sound asleep in the bed and shot at point blank range. Yet she claimed self-defense and they believed her.

Thread Information