Page 2153 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 1153 1653 2053 2103 2143 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 ... LastLast
Results 53,801 to 53,825 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    What if the email could substantiate that Travis was abusive to other women? If the Hughes said that Travis abused other women, I think that's pretty relevant to the case and should be evaluated.
    If bickering and disagreements in relationships....and the use of heated words on occasion equalled abuse, we would all be abused or abusive in some way. Jodi is disgusting for attempting to use this as part of her nonsense defense. I would, personally, love to beat the snot out of her.

It would be better if you just read through my old posts, instead of opening up a new argument. You are welcome to pm me to discuss. To summarize, I think she planned to kill him, but the prosecution will only get 2nd degree murder as the verdict. I am not taking anybody's side, I'm just more interested in the trial strategy and how the defense is approaching the case.

On the Sky Hughes email, I want to see the email and see what she wrote. It could be very important information. What if Travis really was abusive to women? I would like to know. It could change some opinions on the jury.
    2nd degree murder would mean that the murder was not premeditated. Is there 2nd degree, premeditated murder? I can't find that in the Arizona law website.
    Last edited by Jillee; 03-28-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    (Re: Chris & Sky Hughes) Their written words in an email, from God knows when, before they knew that Stabby was a Stabby psycho, should NOT have been allowed without their equal RIGHT to rebutt this testimony!!!! Seems to me that Stabby rights are coming before, & at the expense everyone else!!!
    I forgot the rules about only allowing evidence that shows Jodi was guilty and there were no mitigating factors

Why would Sky say Travis abused other women? Either she was lying to manipulate Jodi (not good), or he was abusive (even worse).

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
    Dear JW, Nurmi, ALV, Stabby, Stabby's Mom, and Stabby's aunt.......................... Signed: Everyone.
    I think they are very nice to support for the victim of abuse in this case.....TRAVIS!

Does anyone know if this DeeAnn person mentioned in Jodi's long letter to Abe is listed as a rebuttal witness?

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Okay, I think the DT has a valid point about Martinez...he's in front of the courthouse posing for pics with his fangirls and signing autographs like a rockstar, and the jurors (at least one, seen by Jean C.) use that same entrance. That is a valid issue IMO. He ought to know better than to take part in that circus.

Jean C. did look super cute, today. And I bet Nancy Grace is JEALOUS..."Me! Me! What about MEEE!"
    It was the one woman who asked a very unsuspecting, humble JM to sign her cane, and HLN showed him having his picture taken with 1 or 2 people. It was not a circus, he wasn't being mobbed, there were no visible signs of support, there were no throngs of "fan girls." And aside from the shots of him taking those 2 pics, there were but a couple of interviews by HLN with people who attend court regularly, and admire him. JM refused HLN's request to be interviewed on camera.

Seems to me it would be more germane re: any concerns jurors that the jury might "see something," to not have them entering and leaving through the main entrance. Who knows what they might see, protestors/supporters on either side, throngs of Jodi/Nurmi "fangirls." Allowing the jurors to spend their lunch/break time out there, which JC claims is the preference of at least 1 juror, is totally unacceptable, just as is the judge allowing court spectators to chew gum, swig from Big Gulps, and pass around bags of Doritos when court is in session. That was the one and only time JM has ever entered through the front door over 4 months of trial, as was testified today.

Johnny Cochran got the same treatment daily, as did Marcia Clark, during the OJ trial, as did Jeff Ashton in the Casey Anthony. All of them were hounded so often for pics/autographs that they finally relented, after being criticized in the media for being so dismissive to admirers and supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    @faq_q
    I can't find the YouTube .. can you share the link??? Please please? ? Thank you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bTzT-c0DI

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

I forgot the rules about only allowing evidence that shows Jodi was guilty and there were no mitigating factors

Why would Sky say Travis abused other women? Either she was lying to manipulate Jodi (not good), or he was abusive (even worse).
    I have a hard time believing if there was any real evidence of abuse from Travis it would have been precluded from the trial given it is the defenses strategy. But a prior judge ruled this couldn't come in--although the defense managed to say it anyway. I hope they get contempt fines. They knew they weren't supposed to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    OK I am embarrassed as heck to say this (blushing) but I will. In my last relationship my boyfriend used to travel a lot and ah ah um um well we would miss each other and ah um ah.....sometimes we would talk about seeing each other and ah um ah (blush) well you know it would get very intimate and it turned to "phone sex". (I hate that term) But anyway ....what I heard on the Jodi/Travis sex tape was hardly sexy. Travis sounded very inexperienced and bored. Jodi sounded childish and dictating the direction of the call. I don't know why the heck I am sharing this. LOL
    Hey, we've all been "there," to some extent! lol Actually, it/you/he sound very sweet. I'm sure it was all umm, "innocent" phone, umm...chit chat!

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    (Re: Chris & Sky Hughes) Their words in an email, from God knows when, before they realised Stabby was a Stabby psycho, should not be permitted unless they have a chance to rebutt!!!
    That's just it....this email was an email from Travis to the Hughes, right? He was mad about some things Sky said in an email to Jodi? Where is that email? I'm confused.

Besides....an email fight between Travis and the Hughes over how they thought he treated his girlfriends wrongly is so irrelevant I can't even believe any of it is admissible. We are talking 2 or 3 parties removed. Call the allegedly abused girlfriends to the stand and question them. Why hasn't anyone come forward??? I believe it's because there are no past girlfriends who were based. This is all BS.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Has anyone ever actually seen a witness list for the defense or prosecution?
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MadameX View Post
    He was added to the rebuttal witness list the day the defense petitioned to allow the video of Travis shooting guns in the desert to be allowed as evidence. That moment, Juan said he would need to have him as a witness if the defense was planning to use the video.

Chris was asked to leave the courtroom and advised not to watch it on TV.
    That was Dave Hall.

LV is going to need a fire extinguisher by the time Juan is done with her. This is gonna get goooood. The defense deserves a huge helping of humble pie.
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

According to Alyce, there was reference to Travis calling Jodi Arias a 'skank' and making a joke of it, in the alleged e-mail exchange with the Hughes. Wonder how this sits with the Juror who asked Jodi Arias if she knew what the word 'skank' meant. Was the juror being abusive?

"Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Or Alyce is 'paraphrasing' inaccurately. We don't know what Sky did or did not say until she testifies or we see that document.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    I'm sure you heard Alice say the email wasn't a complete email. It is just like all the other crap the DT has been force feeding everyone. I am sure they picked apart all the juicy parts they could manipulate and showed it to her and left out the rest that wasn't pertinent to what they are trying to do. That goes right along to all the emails they introduced that only had Travis's responses, not Stabby's unless it was convenient for their cause.
    Both sides do this.

I would like to see the full email(s) too. Wilmott kept emphasizing that they were NOT QUOTING, only paraphrasing them--wonder why? Supposedly the Hugheses said in one of the emails that if they had a sister, they wouldn't allow her to date Travis (right before court ended today.)

Are these Hughes emails new? I don't recall hearing of them before...

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    If bickering and disagreements in relationships....and the use of heated words on occasion equalled abuse, we would all be abused or abusive in some way. Jodi is disgusting for attempting to use this as part of her nonsense defense. I would, personally, love to beat the snot out of her.

AnnieBelle, was ALV reading an email from Skye to Jodi, or was it an email from Travis to Skye ("This Time You've Gone Too Far")regarding her (Skye) having "warned" Jodi behind his back?
    I'm confused why Skye would send an unsolicited email to Jodi, if she did. *confused* lol

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    I'll hold your handbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    According to Alyce, there was reference to Travis calling Jodi Arias a 'skank' and making a joke of it, in the alleged e-mail exchange with the Hughes. Wonder how this sits with the Juror who asked Jodi Arias if she knew what the word 'skank' meant. Was the juror being abusive?

Jodi told about that instance in direct. It was over the phone. The roommate said it and Travis repeated it and laughed or vise versa. Jodi was butt hurt and whined to Sky about it.

Robert Towrey Clemency Hearing. w/ Juan Martinez. Interesting. http://youtu.be/lDQuXm505bs

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

@faq
    Thank you for the link. Gonna go watch it.

@jingles
    Thanks for your note about the ah ah um ah phone calls. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    Jodi told about that instance in direct. It was over the phone. The roommate said it and Travis repeated it and laughed or vise versa. Jodi was butt hurt and whined to Sky about it.
    this makes me think something fishy going on with the Hughes' email testimony. what does the Hughes email have to do with the phone conversation JA had with TA where he indirectly called JA a skank jokingly. And of course the Hughes can't say anything because they're subpoenaed....
    convenient huh?

I think he will have a harder time with LaViolette. Screaming at her won't work, it will just make him look bad. She has a great reputation.

Most of her testimony is based on Jodi's feelings. That is a little harder to argue about, they are feelings after all. Only Jodi knows her feelings. I'm sure there will be inconsistencies, but I think this witness will score some points for Jodi.

Does anyone have an open mind that maybe Travis's treatment of Jodi was not all positive, healthy, and constructive? That some of the things LaViolette is testifying are actually true and she did suffer emotionally?
    I knew you would not be able to resist...soooo predictable!

Have a great Easter everyone! I'm off to Florida for a week on Monday.

Holy shit! Sorry so big! LOL

Thread Information