Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cassidy Goodison (14) strangled her newborn baby

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    how does someone do this AND THEN go about their fucking day. what kind of fucking adrenaline rush can be going on in order to get someone through the pain. Was she on PCP or something?
    Shortly after her mother noticed blood in the bathroom, Cassidy said she miscarried and flushed it, mom took her to the hospital. Somehow hospital staff overlooked the fact that she had delivered a full term baby. They thought she had been raped, called the police and social workers but Cassidy refused to speak to them and denied rape. Then they sent her home.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I just think it's incredibly sad that this child apparently didn't have one adult in her life that was looking out for her. No one to notice that "somethings going on with Cassidy" No one to realize she had a boyfriend (or was being molested, whichever) no one to realize she was preggers. We don't think she's old enough to drive, to drink, to vote, to go on a freking field trip without parental consent, but she's old enough to be held liable (at the same level as an adult would be) for doing a stupid, panicked boneheaded move that anyone who was thinking clearly had to know wouldn't work.

I think she should go away to some place where she can learn how to deal with her body and to make rational decisions about her future. I don't say she should walk away free and clear, but I doubt that's going to be possible no matter what the law does to her. I also think that her parents ought to go to jail for neglect.

If a 14 year old is responsible for making good decisions for her baby, her 30+ year old parents ought to be held to the same standard. Take care of your kid!
    It's not like she started a fire while playing with matches.

This shit is sick. Fucking scissors? Hang her. And her parents too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

It is sick, but she was using the scissors to get the baby out. A pretty big baby for someone who weighs 100 pounds. She stabbed herself in the process. I think she should be punished for strangling the baby, not sure she should be tried as an adult though.
    Regarding her parents, they may be charged with keeping the pregnancy a secret and neglect.
    The 14 year old father (if he is the father) may face charges because he was underage and having sex, so I guess they would have to charge her with that as well if they charge him.

I wonder if she was still dating this boyfriend, or spent time with his family, and if they noticed she may be pregnant.

Wait, what? How the fuck is it illegal to have sex when you're underaged? Im pretty sure (based on googling because this confused me so much) that it is not. It's only if one of the partners is above the age of consent. Otherwise you call it a draw.

i feel terrible for this girl. obviously there is more to this story than we know. you can't convince me that a 14 yo girl is just a cold blooded killer. she looks traumatized in that photo.

Wait, what? How the fuck is it illegal to have sex when you're underaged? Im pretty sure (based on googling because this confused me so much) that it is not. It's only if one of the partners is above the age of consent. Otherwise you call it a draw.
    I read it here
    http://bugbrennan.com/2012/10/02/a-p...ear-old-raped/

"Media contact Donna Wood in the Polk County Sheriff’s Office told me that the although the investigation is ongoing, the department is looking into filing “lewd and lascivious” charges against another juvenile for getting her pregnant."

"However, Florida criminal law makes it a criminal act for any person to engage in sexual activity with a person 12 years of age or older but less than 16 years of age"

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0800.04.html
    Last edited by snowfallsoon; 10-20-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i feel terrible for this girl. obviously there is more to this story than we know. you can't convince me that a 14 yo girl is just a cold blooded killer. she looks traumatized in that photo.
    This is so funny to me how people disagree on this so much. She doesn't look traumatized AT ALL to me.

You try shoving a nine pound bowling ball out your butt and you might grab the scissors too.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

You try shoving a nine pound bowling ball out your butt and you might grab the scissors too.
    Or a phone so I could get an ambulance.

She's 14, she's not retarded.

If her parents had taken a minute to actually LOOK at her, and taken her to a doctor, none of this would have happened. She was desperate to hide this pregnancy, I doubt she would have called 911.
    Someone thinking clearly would have, I guess she wasn't. I'm not ready to say "hang her" just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    If her parents had taken a minute to actually LOOK at her, and taken her to a doctor, none of this would have happened. She was desperate to hide this pregnancy, I doubt she would have called 911.
    Someone thinking clearly would have, I guess she wasn't. I'm not ready to say "hang her" just yet.
    Well we all have opinions.

Oh I'm not saying she made the best choices, but I've been a teenager scared to death that "my parents are gonna kill me" and I'm not at all sure what I would have done in her situation. I believe I would have been smart enough to realize that I could give the kid to a cop or fireman or at least that I should dump the body someplace away from my home, but kids do stupid things to try to hide their misdeeds.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Oh I'm not saying she made the best choices, but I've been a teenager scared to death that "my parents are gonna kill me" and I'm not at all sure what I would have done in her situation. I believe I would have been smart enough to realize that I could give the kid to a cop or fireman or at least that I should dump the body someplace away from my home, but kids do stupid things to try to hide their misdeeds.
    I got arrested when I was 14. A 14 year old is a child or an adult, depending on what is convenient. I was goofy, I was stupid, but I sure as fuck knew what I was doing was wrong.

But have you been trapped in a situation you couldn't see a way out of? I don't know that anyone who hasn't spent sleepless nights wondering if there was an alien seed growing inside of them can really understand how terrifying it can be to think you are pregnant. (let alone to actually be pregnant) The only time I've been more scared is when they told me I had cancer. cut it out may well seem to be the best option.

But have you been trapped in a situation you couldn't see a way out of? I don't know that anyone who hasn't spent sleepless nights wondering if there was an alien seed growing inside of them can really understand how terrifying it can be to think you are pregnant. (let alone to actually be pregnant) The only time I've been more scared is when they told me I had cancer. cut it out may well seem to be the best option.
    You know what's scary? Someone telling you that they're pregnant and knowing you have no real say in their choice.

I got arrested when I was 14. A 14 year old is a child or an adult, depending on what is convenient. I was goofy, I was stupid, but I sure as fuck knew what I was doing was wrong.
    were you pregnant at 14? were you even considering raising a child at that age?

were you pregnant at 14? were you even considering raising a child at that age?
    NO!

But I broke the law and deserved to be punished. Thankfully I didn't kill anyone.

NO!

But I broke the law and deserved to be punished. Thankfully I didn't kill anyone.
    i kind of doubt this child, this cold blooded killer, wanted to kill a baby so bad that she seduced some boy or man to impregnate her so she could cut the baby out of her to watch it die.

i kind of doubt this child, this cold blooded killer, wanted to kill a baby so bad that she seduced some boy or man to impregnate her so she could cut the baby out of her to watch it die.
    She know what a fucking fire station is?

(why am I so angry about this one?)

She know what a fucking fire station is?

(why am I so angry about this one?)
    this girl probably had little to no sex ed in her life living in a trailer park in fucking florida of all places. who knows if they would have even allowed her to abort the child if she had someone around she could talk to about it.

i don't know why you're so angry about this one, i know we've had many threads like this over the years and i don't recall you being co angry in the past. i feel sorry for this girl. i feel badly for the child she killed, too, but i'm also glad this 14 yo girl isn't a mother.

this girl probably had little to no sex ed in her life living in a trailer park in fucking florida of all places. who knows if they would have even allowed her to abort the child if she had someone around she could talk to about it.

i don't know why you're so angry about this one, i know we've had many threads like this over the years and i don't recall you being co angry in the past. i feel sorry for this girl. i feel badly for the child she killed, too, but i'm also glad this 14 yo girl isn't a mother.
    Just giving birth doesn't make you a mother.

You know I'm pro-choice. Hell, I'm pro-abortion. But I'm not pro-baby mutilation-murder.

Being scared doesn't buy you a free pass to kill people. Neither does being a child.

Just giving birth doesn't make you a mother.

You know I'm pro-choice. Hell, I'm pro-abortion. But I'm not pro-baby mutilation-murder.

Being scared doesn't buy you a free pass to kill people. Neither does being a child.
    well, until everyone in this country shares the feelings we have about sex education, contraception, and abortion access this shit will continue to happen.

well, until everyone in this country shares the feelings we have about sex education, contraception, and abortion access this shit will continue to happen.
    Being stupid also doesn't excuse homicide. Almost forgot.

Fuck it. Let these ignorant hicks not tell their children basic shit they need to know. But don't use their stupidity as a defense for murder. I just can't get my head around "Oh, I didn't know I couldn't do that" as a defense for a crime this serious.

Being stupid also doesn't excuse homicide. Almost forgot.

Fuck it. Let these ignorant hicks not tell their children basic shit they need to know. But don't use their stupidity as a defense for murder. I just can't get my head around "Oh, I didn't know I couldn't do that" as a defense for a crime this serious.
    Amen!

Fuck that cold fish eyed bitch! Sick of people saying that young 'uns cant do wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko! View Post
    Amen!

Fuck that cold fish eyed bitch! Sick of people saying that young 'uns cant do wrong.
    Nobody said that.

Thread Information