Thread: Jasmin Owens (29) Was Killed in a Car Accident and Her Girlfriend Critically Injured

Jasmin Owens (29) Was Killed in a Car Accident and Her Girlfriend Critically Injured

Galveston woman killed in rollover car crash
    By JAMES LACOMBE The Daily News Sep 8, 2020

GALVESTON

A 29-year-old woman died Sunday night and a second woman was critically injured in a rollover car crash near 51st Street and Avenue Q in Galveston.

The woman, who Galveston police found dead in the vehicle, was identified as Galveston resident Jasmin Owens.

A second woman in the vehicle was transported to the emergency room at John Sealy Hospital with critical injuries. She remained in critical condition at the hospital Tuesday.

The Galveston Police Department responded about 11:30 p.m. Sunday to a major accident in the 2000 block of 51st Street involving three vehicles.

According to a witness statement, a 2017 black Ford Taurus was traveling north through the 2100 block of 51st Street when the driver disregarded the stop sign and collided with the second vehicle, a 2010 red Ford Mustang.

The Taurus went out of control and struck a tree in the 2000 block of 51st Street, which caused the car to overturn repeatedly, according to the witness.

The witness also stated that the Taurus hit an unoccupied parked third vehicle, a 2004 black Ford F150 before coming to a complete stop, partially overturned.

The sole occupant of the Mustang was uninjured, police said.

Article: https://www.galvnews.com/news/police...5eae4ca8e.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jasmin.owens.773

Other Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jasmintwistd.kutzowens.9

Obituary: https://obit.carnesfuneralhome.com/shaleece-owens

This was a very sad case as this woman was a Navy Veteran, a talented barber, and beloved by her friends, family and girlfriend--She was one of those rare always smiling and happy types that no one could say anything bad about. It is not publicly known who was driving but her girlfriend who survived the accident with severe injuries, has admitted that they had both been drinking when they got in the car that night. Unfortunately now that Ms. Owens has been laid to rest there has been some back and forth between her family and her girlfriend Ebany over who was at fault or not at fault for drinking and driving/running the stop sign/etc.

Sounds like Ebany isn't a real friend.
    How does that saying go?
    Drink and drive, run a stop sign, die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

So the car hit a tree, rolled over a bunch of times, then hit another car? Damn I'm surprised anyone survived that.

Why would it be the passangers fault if the driver didn't stop at a stop sign?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So the car hit a tree, rolled over a bunch of times, then hit another car? Damn I'm surprised anyone survived that.

Why would it be the passangers fault if the driver didn't stop at a stop sign?
    Family wanting to blame someone other than their own daughter. They were both drinking according to the girlfriend, but only one of them was driving. I'm just glad that they didn't kill the victim in the Mustang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Family wanting to blame someone other than their own daughter. They were both drinking according to the girlfriend, but only one of them was driving. I'm just glad that they didn't kill the victim in the Mustang.
    Me too. I hate when the asshole that causes the crash survives especially if they had been drinking like in this case.

I hope he is fine after all

Glad the drunk driver was the only one that died.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerato View Post
    It’s sad that there are so many terrible accidents. I know it’s hard, but I hope the family of the victim is able to find some closure. Unfortunately, drinking and driving causes many injuries and deaths. I read somewhere that every day, about 29 people in the US die in vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver.
    Welcome to MDS!!

Impaired driving is deadly and I think your statistic is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by xerato View Post
    My parents got in an accident last year. The driver that hit them had been drinking and wrecked my parents’ car badly. Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured, but the driver refused to pay for the damages, so parents were advised to get a lawyer at https://puschnguyen.com/houston-car-accident-lawyer/. The lawyer helped my parents to evaluate the damages and negotiate the compensation accordingly.
    Even bots have back stories now.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Even bots have back stories now.
    OMG, I can't believe I thought that was a real person. WTF is wrong with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    OMG, I can't believe I thought that was a real person. WTF is wrong with me?
    It seemed legit at first, but bots can't help but bot

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information