Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trump and his Twitter and Facebook accounts

Thumbs up Trump and his Twitter and Facebook accounts

President Donald Trump will lose Twitter privileges he enjoys as a world leader when President-Elect Joe Biden takes office on January 20th, 2021. Twitter confirmed that Trump?s @realDonaldTrump account will be subject to the same rules as any other user ? including bans on inciting violence and posting false information about voting or the coronavirus pandemic.

Twitter applies special policies to world leaders and some other officials, leaving rule-breaking content online if there?s ?a clear public interest value to keeping the tweet on the service.? The public interest policy was formalized in 2019, codifying a rule that had been informally enforced for some time.

?Twitter?s approach to world leaders, candidates, and public officials is based on the principle that people should be able to choose to see what their leaders are saying with clear context. This means that we may apply warnings and labels, and limit engagement to certain tweets. This policy framework applies to current world leaders and candidates for office, and not private citizens when they no longer hold these positions,? a Twitter spokesperson confirms to The Verge.

These changes will cover Trump?s personal account. Position-specific accounts like @WhiteHouse, @POTUS, and @FLOTUS are transferred to a new administration after an outgoing president steps down.

Twitter emphasizes that world leaders can still be subject to enforcement if they promote terrorism, make direct threats of violence against an individual, post private information like someone?s home address, post intimate photos or videos without the subject?s consent, engage in behavior related to child sexual exploitation, or encourage self-harm. These rules apply regardless of a tweet?s public interest value.

Unlike his predecessor Barack Obama, also an active Twitter user, Trump has repeatedly tested the platform?s boundaries with untrue or inflammatory tweets. Twitter has restricted Trump posts like a May threat that ?when the looting starts, the shooting starts,? which violated rules against glorifying violence, or a tweet attacking ballot dropboxes. But it?s kept them on the platform.

Twitter and Facebook have posted warning labels on many Trump posts since election night, following baseless allegations of fraud and false claims about how voting works. Trump?s most recent tweet reads, inaccurately, ?I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!!!?
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/7/2...s-january-loss

Yes let's celebrate life after Trump.

NOoOo How can I make fun of him if I dont see his dumb tweets?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    NOoOo How can I make fun of him if I dont see his dumb tweets?
    We need to learn to celebrate life without Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    We need to learn to celebrate life without Trump.
    But but I want to see him unravel in real time because its funny. Those sweet salty tears are glorious.

Sorry im not a hateful person by nature, I just really disliked Trumps smug Narcissism. Im the kind of person that gets along with everyone, but I just dont care for that man.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    But but I want to see him unravel in real time because its funny. Those sweet salty tears are glorious.

Sorry im not a hateful person by nature, I just really disliked Trumps smug Narcissism. Im the kind of person that gets along with everyone, but I just dont care for that man.
    Buck up. The odds are good that he'll have melted down completely before Biden takes office. I imagine he just about called out the troops to disperse the crowd celebrating his diselection
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Lets Hope Biden does not get arrested before he takes office because of Trumps meltdown

Just look at other countries when they have their disputes. The President has a meltdown and orders his opponents arrested.

Anyone care to know Trump's first reaction after Biden won?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. I'm beating a dead horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I wish someone would have filmed him when they gave him the news.
    I found this.

https://youtu.be/moOxq_8l_34
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

And just to add, I wouldn't normally wish that on someone, but that family deeply hurt our nation, and their effect will be felt for a long time to come. I'm not like the Trumpies who said they wanted to see all the Liberals cry...I want to see Trump and his family cry.
    Ahh I don't need to see them cry. I just want to see them in handcuffs and orange jumpsuits. They can cry, scream, kick their little feetsies. I just want them to pay for what they've done.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Ahh I don't need to see them cry. I just want to see them in handcuffs and orange jumpsuits. They can cry, scream, kick their little feetsies. I just want them to pay for what they've done.
    I'm sure he will, but as you say, he can't legally pardon for crimes at the state level so I suspect there are plenty of state charges that could come into play. There's also a big question about a self pardon standing, so his best bet would be to resign and let (beg) Mike Pence to do the deed. Would he do it?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I'm sure he will, but as you say, he can't legally pardon for crimes at the state level so I suspect there are plenty of state charges that could come into play. There's also a big question about a self pardon standing, so his best bet would be to resign and let (beg) Mike Pence to do the deed. Would he do it?
    I'm not sure Pence would be up for that. He's distanced himself severely during all of this because, as I've read, he has aspirations to run in 2024. (so much LOL with that.) If Trump resigned and he was President for even 2 months that would count as one of his eligible 2 terms, and also him pardoning Trump would probably not go down well with voters. He's a sniveling little wimp, but he thinks he can get somewhere in the next election, so I look for him to suddenly develop a 2 month case of COVID and be unavailable to Donny boy.

I'm not sure Pence would be up for that. He's distanced himself severely during all of this because, as I've read, he has aspirations to run in 2024. (so much LOL with that.) If Trump resigned and he was President for even 2 months that would count as one of his eligible 2 terms, and also him pardoning Trump would probably not go down well with voters. He's a sniveling little wimp, but he thinks he can get somewhere in the next election, so I look for him to suddenly develop a 2 month case of COVID and be unavailable to Donny boy.
    No. The twenty second Amendment https://www.britannica.com/topic/Twe...cond-Amendment says:
    Section 1?No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.
    So the VP could serve out the rest of Rumps term and try to get two full terms of his own. Now the backlash of a Pardon might kill him but the Trump taint is already upon him so I hope he can abandon all hope anyway.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/denial-a...ion-for-biden/

The New Republican conspiracy is coming from Trump is "Fox News Rigged the Election for Joe Biden". But this conspiracy is to get Republicans to move out of Fox News for Newsmax and OAN.

Pro-Trump media outlets, including Newsmax TV and One America News (OAN), have yet to call the election for President-Elect Joe Biden following both CNN and Fox News calling the election in favor of Biden.

The two ardently pro-Trump networks took live Rudy Giuliani’s presser in Philadelphia on Saturday morning, which featured upset Trump supporters who shared no concrete evidence of widespread voter fraud.

On Newsmax TV host Tom Basile declared Saturday that the network has been very clear with their viewers about not declaring Biden’s won, despite other networks calling the election and accepting President Donald Trump’s defeat.

“We have been very, very clear with our viewers about the realities of this situation since Wednesday the president’s path to victory has narrowed considerably, but to your point, there is a proper role for us to play in terms of making people understand what some of the legitimate concerns are about the ballot counting process,” Basile stated.

Minutes later, the Newsmax TV host said the network would “wait for the disposition of a number of these legal challenges” to occur from the Trump campaign.

“We will wait for final votes to be tallied, and we will also wait for the disposition of a number of these legal challenges before we change our position,” Basile added.

One America News (OAN) has also yet to call the election for Biden.

Notably, Trump surrogates including Trump campaign lawyer Jenna Ellis was pleased with Newsmax TV not making the call that Fox News made, showing the continued divide between Trumpworld and the Fox News Channel they have had a love/hate relationship with over the past four years.

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-fails-c...005214712.html

President-elect Joe Biden has received congratulatory messages from scores of world leaders after officially defeating President Donald Trump and winning the White House this weekend, all of them pledging to work with the new administration come January.

As millions of Americans celebrated the former vice president’s historic victory on Saturday, various heads of states issued public statements complimenting Mr Biden on his accomplishment and noting their strategic partnerships and alliances with the United States, including UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, among others.

There were some caveats, however, like Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, who said he would not congratulate either candidate until Mr Trump’s lawsuits against the electoral process had been settled — an apparent attempt to avoid conflict with the current administration. But there were also a few world leaders who were notably silent throughout the weekend, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, whose relationship with the US president was the subject of major scrutiny during his tenure in the White House.

Mr Trump’s win in 2016 was clouded with accusations his campaign had colluded with Russia to sway the results of the election. The US intelligence community previously confirmed the Kremlin had meddled in the national vote before he was elected, but following his inauguration, Mr Trump failed to address the issue with Mr Putin when the two met for the first time.

Mr Trump declined to speak about the issue with the Russian president, despite stark warnings from his advisers, while frequently casting doubt on the fact that Russia intervened in the election.

The president has long faced criticism for not addressing Russia’s continued interference in the US electoral process, instead praising Mr Putin and other authoritarians like China’s Xi JinPing, who also had not issued a congratulatory statement to Mr Biden by Sunday night. The USIC has concluded both the Kremlin and Beijing were behind attacks on the US democratic process.

In statements he made months before the election results were officially declared, Mr Putin said his government was prepared to work with any US president. However, his statements have often appeared less than enthusiastic about a Biden presidency; Mr Putin has accused Mr Biden of using anti-Russian rhetoric throughout the campaign. And as some Russian political analysts have noted, Mr Putin’s relationship with Mr Biden over the next four years may not be as warm as it appeared with Mr Trump, seeing as he is the former vice president to President Barack Obama, who retaliated against the Kremlin for interfering in the elections before he left office in 2016.
    I cannot wait to see Putin Banned from Social Media soon.

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-...225209797.html

With Donald Trump’s path to reelection narrowing, he and his campaign have taken aim at the director of Fox News’ Decision Desk, which called Arizona for Joe Biden on Election Night.

The Trump campaign sent out a press release attacking Arnon Mishkin, who has since made multiple appearances on the air defending the call and declining to retract it.

“Arnon Mishkin, the director of Fox News’ election decision desk, prematurely called Arizona for Joe Biden before hundreds of thousands of ballots had been counted,” the campaign said. “Even left-leaning election analysts like Nate Silver have criticized the decision, but Mishkin is standing by his terrible decision despite and refusing to retract his unjustified call.”

The network is sticking by the call, made at 11:20 PM ET, even as a new batch of ballots from Maricopa County showed a tightening of the race in an update on Wednesday night.

“Fox News has already called Arizona,” Fox News Sunday anchor Chris Wallace said on air on Thursday. “That’s caused a lot of heartburn in the Republican party but I did check in with our Decision Desk earlier today and they are not wavering. They say our call in Arizona was right, which puts them at 264.”

Although was a report that Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, got in touch with Rupert Murdoch about the Arizona call, Trump did not contact the media titan personally. Murdoch said in an email to The Washington Post that “if he had, I would not have interfered or changed our call.”

Mishkin and the Decision Desk have a record of making accurate calls, including Trump’s victory in 2016 and the Democrats’ retaking of the House in 2018.

Network projections are powerful moments as election results trickle in, but they are obviously not the official word. That comes after elections officials tabulate the ballots and the results are certified.

The Trump campaign attacked Mishkin by noting that he is a registered Democrat who voted for Hillary Clinton. The reason the campaign knows that is Mishkin disclosed his vote to The New York Times. On Fox News on Thursday, he said that those who work on the Decision Desk “basically check our politics at the door and focus our statistical or political analysis on the computer and what the numbers show.”

“Essentially, everyone on our team is very interested politically, and so they all vote. I don’t ask them specifically how they vote,” he said. “I do know that many of them have professional experience that’s Republican, others of them have professional experience that’s Democratic.”

The Decision Desk is set up to operate independently, but also has a powerful check on its calls — the actual results.

Asked on Wednesday by Fox News anchor Martha MacCallum about the Trump campaign’s claim that recent result updates show he’s on target to win the state, Mishkin said, “If a frog had wings.”

https://twitter.com/Transition46

https://buildbackbetter.com/

Update The White House has issued a new Twitter Account for the Biden Administration and a new White House site called Buildback Better. Yes The white House is cutting off Trump from the White House Records to Twitter.

https://ktla.com/news/california/nor...-elect-harris/

Now the VP Elect become a target by fans/cult members of Trump. Damn its going to be Trump's next birther conspiracy on the way out of the White House. Come on Kamala Harris was originally expected to become Governor of California at some point within the 2020's (2022 and 2026 When California Votes for Governors) but thats out the window now because shes now at the White House.

A school board president in the San Francisco Bay Area has resigned after his wife’s racist comments about Vice President-elect Kamala Harris raised an outcry.

Jon Venverloh announced Sunday that he was stepping down from his position with the Las Lomitas Elementary School District in Menlo Park.

His wife, Mehridith Philips Venverloh, tweeted Sunday in response to comments about Harris’s qualifications that “all she needs to be qualified is a black (crude term for female genitalia)! No brain needed!”

She also posted several other crude remarks, prompting dozens of parents to demand her husband’s resignation.

In announcing his resignation, Venverloh said he didn’t agree with his wife’s “reprehensible views” but that given her posts, “I know that my continued service would be a distraction from the work that needs to be done.”

Venverloh, a former Google executive, was elected to the school board in 2018 and had two years left in his term.

Venderloh, a supporter of President Donald Trump, later apologized in another post, saying her “vulgar” words were written “in a moment of disappointment.”

“I am deeply sorry and ashamed,” she said and added that she has been taking medications for a “debilitating neurological disease” but had been weaning herself from them in preparation for a scheduled hospitalization.

“I believe that the change in medication reduced my judgment between right and wrong when I made the posts,” she said.

Other board members of the district, which includes a middle school in Menlo Park and an Atherton elementary school, condemned the remarks as “racially-based and gender-based hatred.”

https://abc7news.com/las-lomitas-sch...arris/7811800/

MENLO PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- The president of a Peninsula school board has resigned following a series of homophobic, sexist and racist tweets made by his wife.

Mother of four, Brianna Caldwell spoke out Wednesday after seeing the now deleted tweets made by Mehridith Venverloh, wife of Jon Venverloh, a former Google employee who up until this week was the president of the Las Lomitas school board.

"I almost vomited, then I cried a little bit and then I was just shaking and I was so angry," says Caldwell, shaking her head.

Her fellow parents echoed similar sentiments online and in-person outside both the district's elementary and middle schools in Atherton and Menlo Park.

"I was shocked...I feel sorry for the lady (Mehridith) more than anything else," says Sasa Caval who was picking her daughter up from school.

Some of Mehridith's tweets, in reference to Vice President-elect Kamala Harris and the LGBTQ community, are so sexist and vulgar, we can't repeat them.

"I was watching systemic racism happening, on display in my own children's school in our backyard!" exclaims Caldwell.

After the Tweets circulated on social media, parents called for Jon to resign, which he did Tuesday. The father of four sent ABC7 News a statement saying he doesn't agree with his wife's comments.

Mehridith's statement, seen in its entirety below, included an apology for her comments and explained a medical condition was to blame for her "reduced judgement."
    Damn!!!! the Target of the Kamala Conspiracy Rants is claiming "Medical Conditions" wait for Trump to run with this.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90574842...4:0:editRecirc

Earlier this week you may have heard about Parler, the conservative social network Trump users are jumping ship from Facebook and Twitter to. Now there’s another app that’s seeing a traditional platform’s users jump ship as well. That app is called Rumble, and it’s a video-sharing website similar to YouTube that is seeing a surge in user growth after Biden won the 2020 U.S. election last week.

Rumble has seen an increasing number of conservative video content makers jump ship from YouTube to its platform after said conservatives have seen some of their more incendiary videos demonetized on Google’s video platform. Rumble makes it much easier for video content creators to make money as the service isn’t limited to ad-based revenue for content creators.

As TechTimes reports, if a content creator’s video is licensed by one of Rumble’s partners such as MTV, Xbox, Yahoo, or MSN, the content creator can get “up to 90% of what the video makes on YouTube as well as another 60% of what the video makes through other partners.” Revenue take and other fixed payments depend on just how much ownership rights of the video the content creator is willing to give up.

Yet while it’s unlikely brands will license politically sensitive, incendiary content, conservative content makers can earn cash other ways on the platform. If a video makes it to the front page of Rumble, they’ll get $100 a pop. And keep in mind that Rumble doesn’t seem to monitor videos as much as YouTube does, meaning some creators feel like they have a greater amount of “free speech” on the platform.

Whether or not the Rumble boom lasts remains to be seen. President Trump has still yet to concede to Biden, even though all major media outlets—including conservative stalwart Fox News—has called the election for Biden. The animosity that has generated among Trump supporters, as well as feelings of persecution by traditional social networks, has led them to seek alternative outlets to where they can express their opinions on what they perceive to be the truth of the matter. Yet once Biden does take office, and Trump’s concession (or not) becomes moot, it’s unknown if these alternative platforms will continue to thrive as a ground for conservative voices.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...kdown-n1247333

As Twitter labeled tweet after tweet from President Donald Trump in recent days, some conservatives decided they'd had enough.

"TRUMP NEEDS TO GET ACTIVE ON PARLER, THEY WONT CENSOR HIM THERE," one user wrote.

"So long Twitter friends~exiting all big techs & switching to PARLER!" wrote another.

And there were plenty more. Distrust of the major social media platforms among some Trump supporters came to a boil around the election as Twitter and Facebook — already the targets of complaints about liberal bias — began to take swift and severe action on election-related misinformation. More than a few Republican politicians echoed the sentiments.

And so, many of them joined Parler, a Twitter-like social media platform that has for two years been a minor destination for conservative politicians and media figures. Like other social media apps, Parler has a feed of posts to scroll through. Posts can be up to 1,000 characters, and they can include links and photos. Users can follow one another, as well as explore a "discovery news" tab, which was dominated Tuesday by allegations of election fraud. Its community guidelines fit onto a few pages and address the most basic content problems: criminal activity and spam.

Now, Parler is surging. It sits atop the charts of app stores, boosted in large part by supporters who agree with Trump's decision to continue fighting the results of the election — in the courts and on the internet. Twitter declined to comment on the growth at Parler.

And while Parler is far from the first social media platform to cater to users who feel that policies regulating hate speech, harassment and disinformation have gone too far, its embrace by prominent conservatives and its sudden influx of users hint at a once informal online dynamic that has recently become more official: the blue internet and the red internet.

"In the same way that Fox News found there was a market for journalism with a particular political view, Parler may find that there's particular value for where it is right now," said Josh Pasek, an associate professor of political communication at the University of Michigan.

And while social media companies have traditionally boasted about growth, the emergence of an alternative platform like Parler comes at what might be considered an opportune time for the platforms it's meant to replace.

Antitrust enforcers have been scrutinizing Facebook's dominance and whether it has been stifling competition in social media, while lawmakers and the Federal Communications Commission are considering revisions to the legal shield tech companies enjoy from many lawsuits, including those for defamation.

Parler has been No. 1 over the past few days on the app stores of both Apple and Google, a rare accomplishment for any app, let alone one that's trying to compete with social media's established companies. MeWe, another upstart social media app, was also ranked highly on both app stores in recent days.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-fox-news-tweets/

President Trump posted and retweeted more than a dozen tweets Thursday morning attacking Fox News, in a sharp rebuke to the network noted for its supportive coverage throughout his presidency. It was the latest sign that the president may be turning against his once-favorite network due to its coverage of his election defeat.

By noon, Mr. Trump had retweeted a flurry of messages from supporters slamming Fox for its election coverage and, as one tweet put it, for "pandering to the left." Some of the tweets promoted Newsmax and One America News Network, two Trump-friendly media outlets notorious for promoting false and baseless conspiracy theories.

Both of those outlets have refused to declare President-elect Joe Biden the winner of the election — something Fox did on Saturday along with other leading news organizations. Newsmax in particular has reportedly seen its ratings jump since Election Day.

The president followed up with his own post mocking Fox News' ratings and suggesting the network will suffer without him.

"Very sad to watch this happen, but they forgot what made them successful, what got them there," he wrote. "They forgot the Golden Goose. The biggest difference between the 2016 Election, and 2020, was @FoxNews!"

CBS News has reached out to Fox News representatives for comment.

Fox News saw record ratings during Mr. Trump's presidency, including the highest-rated month in cable news history in October 2020, according to Nielsen Media Research. Fox was also the most-watched news network on election night, though its ratings were far behind CNN and MSNBC for coverage of Biden's victory speech on November 7.

Mr. Trump started publicly challenging Fox News this year over its campaign coverage, including its polls that consistently showed the president trailing Biden, although he continued to praise the network's loyal opinion-show hosts.

He ramped up his attacks after Fox became the first network to project a Biden victory in Arizona, a state Mr. Trump won in 2016. CBS News on Thursday night projected that Biden will win Arizona, bringing him to 290 electoral votes. Mr. Trump has 217.

Mr. Trump's criticism of Fox trickled down to some of his supporters. People at a pro-Trump protest last week outside a Phoenix election facility were captured on video chanting, "Fox News sucks!"

Fox News coverage has pushed back on Mr. Trump's baseless claims of widespread voter fraud. The network on Monday quickly cut away from a briefing where White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany repeated the unfounded accusation that Democrats are trying to steal the election.

"She's charging that the other side is welcoming fraud and welcoming illegal voting," Fox News host Neil Cavuto said after cutting away. "Unless she has more details to back that up, I can't in good countenance continue showing you this."

But some of Fox's prime-time commentators, including Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson, have continued to question the election results on their shows.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN27S2Z9

Thousands of social media users have been sharing posts which claim that software from Dominion Voting Systems (a company that supplies election technology) is used in the same six states where President Trump is filing lawsuits in connection with the presidential election, suggesting that Dominion Voting is responsible for election fraud. These posts, however, are misleading. Dominion Voting systems were used in at least 24 states.

The posts ( here , here , here , here , here ) show screenshots, that appear to be from Newsmax TV ( www.newsmaxtv.com/ ), of two maps of the United States. The top map, titled “Dominion Software in Use”, shows six states in blue - Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Georgia - while the rest of the states are in red. The second map, titled “Where Trump is filing lawsuits”, highlights in red the same six states, leaving all the other states grey. Captions include, “Oh my word!! Could it be any more clear???”; “I’m sure it’s just a coincidence! SMH [shake my head]”; “Nothing to see here.”

The Dominion Voting website shows that the company has customers in 28 states ( www.dominionvoting.com/about/ ). This includes the six states highlighted in the social media posts.

Verified Voting, the non-governmental, nonpartisan organization focused on the role technology plays in election administration ( verifiedvoting.org/about/ ), shows 24 states where Dominion Voting products were used in November 2020, including the six states highlighted in the social media posts ( here ). It also includes states that Trump won, such as Louisiana, Iowa, Missouri and Ohio ( here ).

At the time of publication Trump had filed lawsuits in five states: Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Georgia ( here ). The Trump campaign said it would seek a recount in Wisconsin but has not yet filed a lawsuit there ( here ).

Reuters recently debunked other false claims that Dominion Voting Systems software “glitched” the election in favour of Biden ( here ).
    VERDICT
    Partly false. Dominion Voting Systems was used in at least 24 states in November 2020, not only the states where Trump has filed lawsuits, of which there are five, not six.

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our fact-checking work here .
    https://www.dominionvoting.com/about/

Here is a Profile of Dominion Voting systems thats the center of the "Fox News Picks the President Conspiracy" by Trump. Thats right a hard core blue state like California uses Dominion voting systems and a Hard core red state like Utah uses the same system that is named in the lawsuit.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/media...ure/index.html

New York (CNN Business)The leaders of Fox News will never say this out loud, but they believe that their media empire is bigger than President Trump.

And they have billions of reasons to think so: Billions of dollars in revenue along with millions of loyal viewers.
    Fox employees are confident that the Biden years will be prosperous for the network, and they're not losing sleep over the prospect of "Trump TV," according to numerous sources at the company.
    But some observers think they should be concerned. It is possible that the outgoing President could damage the Fox brand and peel away disillusioned viewers if he launches a media company of his own. It is possible that the right-wing media map, long controlled by Fox, is about to become balkanized.

In the days since Fox and the other major networks called the election for President-elect Joe Biden, Trump has been stoking anger at Fox and promoting the much smaller and often more conspiratorial right-wing networks Newsmax and One America News.
    Then again, he has also been watching Fox, tweeting quotes from favorable commentators, and seeking counsel from Fox's 9 p.m. host, Sean Hannity.
    Here's the best way to interpret what's going on: Trump and Fox patriarch Rupert Murdoch have had a corporate marriage of convenience for five years. Trump is threatening to break up, but Fox has been through plenty of these rough patches before.
    The question now is what Trump might do after he leaves office. A Trump-branded streaming service appears more likely than a "Trump TV" cable channel. But almost anything is possible: A radio show hosted by Trump, an expansion of the Trump campaign's current webcasts, or a licensing deal with a company like Newsmax.
    What about a "Donald Trump Tonight" talk show on Fox? Is that out of the question?
    The answer is no, at least not entirely. There are almost always pieces that could be moved. For example: Hannity's been at Fox for almost 25 years now. Maybe he could retire and let Trump take his place.
    But at the moment, Trump is fuming about the network's coverage. So here is a viewers guide to the months ahead.
    The roots of the relationship
    Trump was a Fox News viewer before he was a Fox News star. He learned a lot about the Republican party's base by watching the network and calling into the morning show "Fox & Friends" while still starring on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice." He continued to call in to and appear on the network regularly while running for the Republican party's nomination in 2015 and 2016, even as he attacked Fox host Megyn Kelly and lambasted some of the network's commentators.
    He has had the same carrot-and-stick approach ever since: Complimenting his Fox supporters -- rewarding them with interviews and Twitter plugs and visits to the White House -- while complaining about Fox's dissenters.
    Murdoch used to be vocally critical of Trump's conduct. The media mogul famously wrote on Twitter in the summer of 2015, "When is Donald Trump going to stop embarrassing his friends, let alone the whole country?"
    But Murdoch made peace with Trump as the Republican primary field narrowed and Trump won the nomination. He didn't believe Trump would beat Hillary Clinton in the general election, but when Trump did, Murdoch reached what one family friend later called a "detente."
    The media marriage was visible for all to see on TV. Fox touted Trump and he touted the network. The Murdochs profited while Trump benefited from Fox's promotion and propaganda.
    Who has the power?
    Earlier this year I wrote a book titled "Hoax: Donald Trump, Fox News, and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth," based on information from confidential sources in and around Fox. I quoted a former "Fox & Friends" producer who said outsiders misunderstood the relationship.
    "People think he's calling up 'Fox & Friends' and telling us what to say. Hell no. It's the opposite," the former producer said. "We tell him what to say."
    This braggadocious view is backed up by a scroll through Trump's Twitter feed, which shows that he often starts his day by watching the "Friends" and repeating what they said on TV.
    Trump's Fox News fixation was a major theme of his presidency. He hired people from Fox, fired people because of Fox, and gave most of his national TV interviews to Fox. Sometimes it was hard to tell where Trump ended and Fox began. But even with this close relationship, he was still prone to sending mean tweets whenever he didn't like something on the network. Fox executives usually just ignored his complaints. They felt that they, not the President, had the power.
    It's important to recognize that Fox has a near-monopoly position in right-wing TV. The network's audience is extraordinarily loyal, as was demonstrated in late 2016 and early 2017 when three of Fox's biggest stars -- Megyn Kelly, Bill O'Reilly and Greta van Susteren -- all left in a nine-month period, and the ratings basically stayed the same.
    For many in the TV business, the lesson was that, on Fox at least, everyone is replaceable. Does that lesson apply to Trump too?
    In some ways he is Fox's biggest star of the past five years. But now his presidential show is ending.
    Trump might think that Fox needs his star power, and on the margins it's true that Trump appearances and interviews are right-wing ratings boosters. But the network was No. 1 long before he became a politician.
    As sociologist Arlie Russell Hochschild wrote in her 2016 book "Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right," about Tea Party supporters in Louisiana, "Fox News stands next to industry, state government, church, and the regular media as an extra pillar of political culture all its own."
    "To some," she explained, "Fox is family."
    It takes a lot more than a Trump tweet to convince people to abandon family.
    Fox may be vulnerable
    Nevertheless, Trump might be trying to dissolve this media marriage.
    In line with his past jabs at Fox's news coverage, he wrote on Thursday that "@FoxNews daytime ratings have completely collapsed. Weekend daytime even WORSE."
    Fox's daytime ratings are looking somewhat soft this week, but that's not a surprise, since Biden's victory is interpreted as bad news by the Fox base.
    The network is also feeling pressure from the far-right, from channels such as Newsmax, which are criticizing Fox for projecting Biden's win in Arizona and calling Biden the president-elect.
    Newsmax's ratings have skyrocketed in recent days, but Fox is still heads and shoulders above all of its challengers.
    Trump's tweet on Thursday continued: "Very sad to watch this happen, but they forgot what made them successful, what got them there. They forgot the Golden Goose. The biggest difference between the 2016 Election, and 2020, was @FoxNews!"
    Trump leveled similar charges against Fox throughout the 2020 campaign.
    But his assertion that he was Fox's "Golden Goose" doesn't add up. The network has been growing steadily for years, thanks to a loyal audience that distrusts most of the rest of the national media. Stars like Hannity encourage and worsen this alienation each day by attacking what he calls "fake" news.
    Sources inside Fox predicted that Trump would snap back to normal and praise the network's opinion hosts in a day or two. Earlier this week, he posted numerous videos from both Fox and Newsmax's pro-Trump shows.
    Axios reported on Thursday that "Trump has told friends he wants to start a digital media company to clobber Fox News."
    A subscription streaming service would let him convert rallygoers into paying customers and compete with Fox at the same time.
    A Fox insider heaped doubt on that idea, however, by pointing out that Trump is old-fashioned -- he is obsessed with big-screen television, not newfound streaming apps.
    When I was working on my book, the Murdoch family friend told me of the relationship between Trump and Fox, "There was something in it for both of them. At the end of the day, business trumps ideology. Business trumps principle."
    Whatever he decides to do, the coming months will go a long way toward answering a two-sided question: Does Fox need Trump more, or does Trump need Fox more?

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/nation...uguration-day/

WASHINGTON, D.C. (KXAN) — Even if Pres. Trump has not conceded by Jan. 20, Twitter will hand over the @POTUS account to president-elect Joe Biden as soon as he’s sworn in at noon.

Twitter confirmed the news to Politico on Friday, saying transfer of the presidential handle will be automatic — as will the accounts for @whitehouse, @VP and @FLOTUS.

“Twitter is actively preparing to support the transition of White House institutional Twitter accounts on January 20th, 2021,” Twitter spokesperson Nick Pacilio said in an email, according to Politico. “As we did for the presidential transition in 2017, this process is being done in close consultation with the National Archives and Records Administration.”

Twitter says all Trump’s tweets will be archived, as have those of Barack Obama (the first president to use the account).

While removing Trump’s access to the @POTUS account — which has over 32 million followers — will likely remove some elements of his reach, it may not be much. Trump has maintained (and often used more frequently) his own personal account, which has 88.9 million followers.

On Friday, Georgia Sec. of State Brad Raffensperger certified the battleground state’s results, which reflect Biden as the winner of 2.47 million votes to Trump’s 2.46 million.

Georgia governor certifies presidential electors for Biden
    As of Saturday morning, Trump continued advancing still unproven claims of voter fraud in the 2020 Election, tweeting: “Big voter fraud information coming out concerning Georgia. Stay tuned!”

Twitter says it will meet with the Biden transition team to explain how the account will operate from now on.

Do you frequently have conversations with yourself?? Easier to sound smart when nobody's listening, huh...what a dope!

Thread Information