Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Madyson Middleton (8) was murdered by a teenage boy

Madyson Middleton (8) was murdered by a teenage boy

http://abc7news.com/news/search-cont...a-cruz/885287/

Madyson 'Maddy' Middleton, 8, Missing In California, Police Say
    The girl was last seen riding her scooter outside of a community center.
    AP
    Posted: 07/27/2015

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) ? Santa Cruz police and search and rescue teams are looking for an 8-year-old girl who vanished Sunday night.

Police say Madyson "Maddy" Middleton was last seen Sunday evening playing outside the Tannery Arts Center.

The center is a publicly and privately funded community center that provides affordable housing and studios to musicians, artists and dancers. It is across the street from the Santa Cruz Homeless Services Center, a crowded gathering place with walk in day services and shelter beds, about a mile from downtown.

The river-bike trail behind the Tannery is one of the seediest parts of this beach town, frequented by drug addicts, mentally ill people and patrolled regularly by police.

The Santa Cruz Sentinel reports she was visiting her mother, who lives there.

Police spokeswoman Joyce Blaschke told the newspaper that video surveillance at the complex showed Madyson there at 5:05 p.m. She hasn't been seen since.

Police say the girl is 4 feet tall, weighs 48 pounds and has long brown hair and dark eyes.

She was last seen riding her Razor Scooter and wearing a purple dress with black leggings, black flip-flops and a black helmet.

Authorities are searching the woodland and park areas around the arts center and the river levee.

___

Information from: Santa Cruz Sentinel, http://www.santacruzsentinel.com

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KCRA) ?The mother of a missing 8-year-old girl pleaded for her safe return Monday as search efforts grew to include federal authorities.

Madyson Middleton vanished Sunday afternoon from an artist community and housing center in Santa Cruz, where she lives with her mother.

She was last seen riding her new, white scooter in the Tannery Arts Center courtyard, a place where children -- both residents and those taking art and dance classes -- frequently play. But at about 5 p.m. her mother realized she was gone.

Madyson's parents met with investigators Sunday night and again Monday at police headquarters before speaking with reporters outside; her mother Laura Jordan they said they were very worried and wanted Madyson home.

"I can't explain how difficult this is," said Jordan, who had searched through the night for her little girl.

Jordan said she's looked at surveillance video from their housing complex that watched Madyson's last minutes before she disappeared. She's walked the edges of the courtyard, and police have twice conducted a door-to-door search of the entire complex, as well as a homeless resource center and shelter across the street.

Beyond the 8-acre property, searchers from throughout the state are now in boats, helicopters, on foot and bike, with dogs and cameras, searching for the girl. The FBI, as well as sheriffs from San Mateo and Santa Clara counties, are assisting.

Authorities weren't sending volunteers onto adjacent hiking and biking trails for fear of disturbing potential evidence, but hundreds of volunteers showed up and were looking for her in neighborhoods and streets.

"This is our town, and this just shouldn't happen here. We all should do everything we can to find this girl," David Giannini said.

Authorities are using dogs to search nearby woods and parks and the San Lorenzo River levee. Helicopters are searching the forest and the coastline, and the U.S. Coast Guard has been scouring the ocean 2 miles from where she was last seen.

The 4-foot-tall, 50-pound child has long brown hair, which was pulled to the side in a braid, and dark eyes. She was wearing a purple dress, black leggings, black flip-flops and a black helmet.

She lived with her mother at the Tannery Arts Center, a public-private nonprofit project that includes 100 affordable loft apartments for artists and their families, a caf?, and dance and art studios on eight acres. The property, a former leather tannery, is managed by The John Stuart Company. The company declined comment Monday, citing the ongoing police investigation.

Found dead - teenage male taken into custody

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...nta-cruz-girl/

Police sources say missing girl’s body has been found KRON 4 News

Santa Cruz police have a crime scene set up. KRON 4’s Alecia Reid is on-scene and we’ll have the latest as it becomes available.

Oh no. I was hoping this was not the case. How fricken sad.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

My heart is breaking. We were headed there this Sunday and went to another beach.
    This poor baby girl.
    My heart just hurts for her Mom and for the future she has lost.

Found in a trash can what an evil killer. 15 they say. I am sure they searched that can last night. I wonder how long he let her suffer =o(

Uggh & WTF? That's the second 15 yr old to do something like this in just weeks.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...enage-neighbor

These poor girls - & their family & friends.

RIP Madyson

I'm really hoping they are wrong about him. His Mom was beside herself screaming when they were arresting him and searching her bag. I read that neighbors say he was a good kid.
    Their neighborhood backs up to "heroin ally" which seems like a much more likely case.
    As of press conference time the police were not saying much at all about the teenager or what they had on him. Just that a detective found her in a dumpster and that they were talking to the teenager and arrested him.

Quote Originally Posted by Defy Gravity View Post
    I'm really hoping they are wrong about him. His Mom was beside herself screaming when they were arresting him and searching her bag. I read that neighbors say he was a good kid.
    Their neighborhood backs up to "heroin ally" which seems like a much more likely case.
    As of press conference time the police were not saying much at all about the teenager or what they had on him. Just that a detective found her in a dumpster and that they were talking to the teenager and arrested him.

Of course she was she had that end of the sixth sense moment where all the weird inconsistencies she noticed in her child coincide into the realization that you raised a killer. It could be anyone's kid really but I assure you the moment you face the truth you start thinking back and it all makes sick sense. No killer ever was the perfect son or daughter even if the parents are swearing it up and down to a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Sweet little girl ... such a horrible end to her short life and then discarded like trash. Infuriating and heartbreaking.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

This is a bad area. It is across the street from a homeless shelter and the mother herself refered to the back of the complex as heroin alley. She should never have been riding out there alone. Totally preventable crime of opportunity. Get off your asses and keep an eye on your kids parents. I am tired of these stories!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    This is a bad area. It is across the street from a homeless shelter and the mother herself refered to the back of the complex as heroin alley. She should never have been riding out there alone. Totally preventable crime of opportunity. Get off your asses and keep an eye on your kids parents. I am tired of these stories!!!
    I've only been there a few times, so I'm not defending the area. Santa Cruz is very different than any area I've been to before. It's where I'd like to move to eventually.
    I've not seen this neighborhood itself but Santa Cruz itself isn't huge. A house we looked at when we were house hunting is less than a mile from here and it was a very nice house with great schools. My kids would have played in the yard by themselves.
    Yes, it is right by a homeless shelter but the homeless ppl seemed to have had nothing to do with this- nor did drugs. A lot of ppl pass through Santa Cruz, I had assumed it was someone from the beach.
    If I had to guess Mom was peeking out the window at her kid. The parking lot looks very closed in and they had lived there since she was 2. I'm guessing that gave her a sense of safety.
    No one expects their little one to be murdered.
    Rather than hanging this Mom up to dry how about we realize that not all of us are helicopter parents- nor do we want to be. Mom should have been more worried about a car hitting her kid in a parking lot than someone murdering her and stuffing her into a trash can.

When I first came to the states I moved to Monterey and spent a lot of time in Santa Cruz. They keep the tourist locations clean and safe but there is a dark side for sure. Any mother who refers to the back of her building as heroin alley should be held responsible for an 8 year old child. this is not being over protective this is common sense!!!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I've only been there a few times, so I'm not defending the area. Santa Cruz is very different than any area I've been to before. It's where I'd like to move to eventually.
    I've not seen this neighborhood itself but Santa Cruz itself isn't huge. A house we looked at when we were house hunting is less than a mile from here and it was a very nice house with great schools. My kids would have played in the yard by themselves.
    Yes, it is right by a homeless shelter but the homeless ppl seemed to have had nothing to do with this- nor did drugs. A lot of ppl pass through Santa Cruz, I had assumed it was someone from the beach.
    If I had to guess Mom was peeking out the window at her kid. The parking lot looks very closed in and they had lived there since she was 2. I'm guessing that gave her a sense of safety.
    Rather than hanging this Mom up to dry how about we realize that not all of us are helicopter parents- nor do we want to be. Mom should have been more worried about a car hitting her kid in a parking lot than someone murdering her and stuffing her into a trash can.
    Thank you.
    Don't mind Kat. In addition to the buttload of other ignorances and misconceptions she has, she's thinks the homeless are violent nutjobs that want to kill her because they are asking for a haircut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

He was her friend. She went into his apartment willingly and she died there.
    Even if her mom had been watching her she would have died.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...cruz/30769755/

When I first came to the states I moved to Monterey and spent a lot of time in Santa Cruz. They keep the tourist locations clean and safe but there is a dark side for sure. Any mother who refers to the back of her building as heroin alley should be held responsible for an 8 year old child. this is not being over protective this is common sense!!!
    Did an addict kill this little girl?

This was a friend of a friend's daughter.

Shut up, you stupid fucking asshole.

It was low income housing for professional artists.

Well said. Blaming the mom is just mean spirited. Children have been abducted from their own homes.
    I loathe victim blaming.

He was her friend. She went into his apartment willingly and she died there.
    Even if her mom had been watching her she would have died.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...cruz/30769755/
    Do you honestly think the mother would've allowed her eight-year-old daughter to go to a 15-year-old boys apartment alone? No way in hell that would be ok for my kids. They may have known each other from the apartments and maybe even had conversations in the common areas but I doubt the mom was cool with the 7 year age gap.

Do you honestly think the mother would've allowed her eight-year-old daughter to go to a 15-year-old boys apartment alone? No way in hell that would be ok for my kids. They may have known each other from the apartments and maybe even had conversations in the common areas but I doubt the mom was cool with the 7 year age gap.
    BYE.

BYE BYE BYE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE. BYE

*coughs* I may have gotten a little personally affected there. She's done for a week.

When I was 7/8, I had babysitters who were 15 year old boys.

Appreciate your action/intervention Bowie. Her opinion of her alleged superior maternal skills vs. those of the parents of missing or murdered children is insufferable.

I vote for a week x forever.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I'm so glad I was here to witness that.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    That was crazy...reading the thread, reading her posts (with avatar), getting livid with her fucking abrasive bullshit, scrolled down...no more avatar. I actually said out loud "HAAA and she's banned again"
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Thread Information