Thread: Louise and David Turpin allegedly chained, starved, and beat their 13 children

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

I think the Facebook is removed.
    I think you're right - they're talking about the page going missing over in the My Favorite Murder group, too. Someone did set up a closed group for people who are following the case, though:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/378964599233522

I hope they don't manage to get family to scrub their social media and force this story to fade out of the news. I want to know what happens to the kids, especially the adult children. I can't even begin to imagine how the adult children will ever live "normal" lives after up to 28 years of this.

Side note: my little sister is CONVINCED that the three-ish year old "baby"'of the family is the daughter of the 17 year old who escaped. I think it's possible that she's a grandchild, but I would like to think if that's the case that she belongs to one of the adult children and not that a 14 year old was incestually raped and forced to have a child. But my sister, who is also 17, has sound logic: in all these years, not one of those children or adults have found the strength to escape. What would be the most compelling reason for someone to finally say "enough"? Protecting their own child.

My little sister belongs on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephine View Post

: in all these years, not one of those children or adults have found the strength to escape. What would be the most compelling reason for someone to finally say "enough"? Protecting their own child.

My little sister belongs on these boards.
    I agree with this, protecting your own child is a pressing motivation...except for the mom in this case of course.

Thread Information