Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosa Ayala-Goana (52) died after falling from the Texas Giant roller coaster

dimedropper
    I love rollercoasters but man that is a bad way to go

I'm not wearing any pants
    I'll never forget the fear of being stuck upside down on the black widow coaster at Six flags in jersey. The ride just stopped in the loop. We were stuck for a about 15 -20 mins and they fixed it. We heard a cable broke or something. My x husband actually caught it on video but it's an 8 mil tape. I know i have it somewhere. lol. It was years ago. i think the coaster has been renamed the cyclone or something since. It sucked because it took me most of the day just to get up the courage to go on it. I was scared for a while after that but have been on another one since. This is horrible. God bless her. uhhh.

RIP
    Last edited by Beantown Bitch; 07-20-2013 at 01:10 PM.

The woman was identified as Rosy Esparza.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Family-ide...216297531.html

There was speculation that she may have fallen because she was too big for the restraints. Looks like that's correct, judging by her picture.

I don't get how rides can get stuck or malfunction while there are people on it. Wouldn't the sensors indicate something was wromg beforehand?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I don't get how rides can get stuck or malfunction while there are people on it. Wouldn't the sensors indicate something was wromg beforehand?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Will, I know in Disney they stopped one ride because the sensors indicated something was wrong. They fixed it and then had to wait for someone to reset the system so the ride could start again. Maybe I should have asked if the ones that have gotten stuck with people even have sensors.

This was from the article damn_brat posted.

Arlington police are investigating whether the woman suffered a medical emergency before the fall.
    I would say she did. It was a medical emergency the ride operator didn't click her in.

For serious though. I'm not sure what a medical emergency has to do with the lap restraint failing.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Here she is-

I used to have a big fear of roller coasters when I was a kid. Ever since this happened that fear is returning. I rode that ride before it was the New Texas Giant. It was rough. Would give me a headache. I haven't been to six flags in a few years. I feel awful for this lady. And her poor family.

Remember when that girl got her feet cut off?

I hate rides. I mean, not because of freak accidents, but because I hate not being in control.

Take away a lesson from this. It never hurts to be assertive in a situation like this. The woman obviously voiced reservations and when the employee said it clicked once, I would have argued, well let's do it again just in case. That poor woman prolly heard a little voice in her head telling her to question things. Some people don't want to make waves. Very sad story. I feel bad for her son. He is probably a mess. I wonder how quick Six Flags will try to settle?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Does anyone know how old she was? It really doesn't matter; I'm just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Does anyone know how old she was? It really doesn't matter; I'm just curious.
    A witness said she appeared to be in her 50's or so.

My ex once was on the Mantis at Cedar Point and the harnesses of the entire row he was in came loose right as the thing took off. Not completely loose, but he could move it up and down wayyy more than he should have been. His friends were in the row with him and their favorite story is telling about how they survived having "no harness" on the Mantis.

In reality they probably could have caused a shit storm afterward, but they were like 19/20 and were too busy freaking out about how awesomely terrifying it was and how cool and brave they were.

Fuck rollercoasters.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

It's just sad that the woman's kid witnessed it. That totally breaks my heart cuz you know this will effect that child for the rest of his life.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    This was from the article damn_brat posted.

I would say she did. It was a medical emergency the ride operator didn't click her in.

For serious though. I'm not sure what a medical emergency has to do with the lap restraint failing.

The park's statement says she died on the ride...I am wondering if she had a heart attack when that bar came up and was dead before she hit the ground. Maybe COD is a heart attack instead of blunt force trauma?
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    The park's statement says she died on the ride...I am wondering if she had a heart attack when that bar came up and was dead before she hit the ground. Maybe COD is a heart attack instead of blunt force trauma?
    Sounds to me like they're attempting to make it sound like that without outright saying it. I think somebody made an oopsie though.

Seems like too much of a coincidence to have both things happen at once. I think that she was too fat for the ride, but the ride ops tried to buckle her in the best they could anyway. It happened at Knott's Berry Farm not too long ago, and the circumstances seem very similar.

I could see her having a heart attack on the way to the ground after falling out of the seat.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by damn_brat View Post
    Seems like too much of a coincidence to have both things happen at once. I think that she was too fat for the ride, but the ride ops tried to buckle her in the best they could anyway. It happened at Knott's Berry Farm not too long ago, and the circumstances seem very similar.
    Not a coincidence, I'm suggesting that the heart attack was brought on by the realization that she was barrelling down the track at 65mph unrestrained.

Not to be mean, but she mightn't have had a healthy heart given her weight.
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I definitely think six flags had a hand in this woman's death, and if they try to say she was already dead when she fell I think that's bullshit.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Not a coincidence, I'm suggesting that the heart attack was brought on by the realization that she was barrelling down the track at 65mph unrestrained.

Not to be mean, but she mightn't have had a healthy heart given her weight.
    I still think that's a bit of a stretch. She probably didn't have time to have a heart attack. Restraints come undone, fly out, "oh shit", splat. Done in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by damn_brat View Post
    I still think that's a bit of a stretch. She probably didn't have time to have a heart attack. Restraints come undone, fly out, "oh shit", splat. Done in seconds.
    So what are you saying? They are lying about her being dead first?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I definitely think six flags had a hand in this woman's death, and if they try to say she was already dead when she fell I think that's bullshit.
    I think that's what the general public will think, too. Way too convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Absolutely they are responsible, no way around it. It's certainly possible that she died before hitting the ground. Assuming she had a heart attack brought on by terror, the cause of that terror falls squarely on the park and its failure to operate safely.

If she had a heart attack on the ride while properly restrained, I doubt the park would be faulted because they caution against riding with a heart issue. But this? Fuck. I don't think they can dodge responsibility for this one.

Thread Information