Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Maura Murray - UMass Amherst Student - Missing Since Feb. 9, 2004

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    This case has bothered me forever. Boston ~ your synopsis is perfect and reflects what most likely occurred. Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Exactly. I think over the years people have built this up to astronomical heights to the point where they wouldn't be able to believe that something as simple as that happened. You've got people believing that the police did something, that the bus driver did something, that she's living in Canada, that the Father did something, that Billy did something..... The list goes on and on and on. And yes, I might be wrong, but I truly believe it really is as simple as this. She made some bad decisions and it cost her her life and perhaps eventually her remains will be found. Let's hope.
    Wowww. Well, I can stop wondering about Maura Murray because that's enough of a plausible explanation for me. Boston, did you mean that you actually MET her sister? Like in person??? And does she pretty much agree on the theory or does she have different ideas? It's so sad to think of her dying like that. What a lonely death.
    La tristesse durera toujours - Vincent van Gogh

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisychain View Post
    Wowww. Well, I can stop wondering about Maura Murray because that's enough of a plausible explanation for me. Boston, did you mean that you actually MET her sister? Like in person??? And does she pretty much agree on the theory or does she have different ideas? It's so sad to think of her dying like that. What a lonely death.
    Yes, I've actually met Julie. I did not discuss this theory with her because it was during Crimecon and it was in a place where she was taking a break from the crowd. It would be not only slightly awkward, but pretty invasive to approach her and ask her if she thought her sister was pregnant and heading for an abortion while she was taking a breather lol. Besides, I'm pretty sure her family is more focused on where she is rather than why she was there. I get the feeling that at this point they feel she's probably not alive. I did get some one on one time with her though and she knew me from online with the group so it was nice to finally meet in person. She's very sweet and very welcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Today is actually the anniversary of her disappearance. It's been 18 years today that she's been gone. So sad that they can't just find her so they can get closure.

Today is actually the anniversary of her disappearance. It's been 18 years today that she's been gone. So sad that they can't just find her so they can get closure.
    Oh gosh, you are right. How terribly sad and need to mention I cannot believe it has been that long.

That's unbelievable, it doesn't seem that long. She's been missing almost as long as her family had her in their lives. So sad, I hope they get answers soon.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Did anyone know that her sister died of cancer in Nov 2021?

https://www.patriotledger.com/obitua...ger_cn13999966

Kathleen (Murray) Carpenter, 44, of Richford, VT, and formerly Joanne Drive in Hanson, passed away on Thursday, November 25, 2021, in Colchester, VT, after a long battle with cancer. She was born on October 14, 1977, the daughter of Frederick J. Murray and the late Laurie A. Mehrman. She was a graduate of Whitman Hanson Regional High School, Class of 1997. Kathleen was a talented artist, passionate animal lover, with a great appreciation for music. Known for her big heart and her radiant spirit, she greatly enjoyed the outdoors including hiking, camping and fishing with family and friends. She is survived by Frederick J. Murray (father), Frederick Murray (brother), Julie Murray (sister), Kurtis V. Murray (brother). Sister of Maura Murray. A visitation will be held on December 11, 2021, from 4 pm to 6 pm at Sullivan Funeral Home, 2 Maquan Street, corner Routes 14 and 58, Hanson. In lieu of flowers, please send donations in Kathleens memory to https://donate3.cancer.org. For directions and to sign Kathleen's online guest book, visit www.SullivanFuneralHomes.com.
    Also, there is a new documentary out yesterday that might be good Here is the preview for it:

https://www.verylocal.com/hometown-tragedy-show/
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-16-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Did anyone know that her sister died of cancer in Nov 2021?

https://www.patriotledger.com/obitua...ger_cn13999966

Also, there is a new documentary out yesterday that might be good Here is the preview for it:

https://www.verylocal.com/hometown-tragedy-show/
    I remember hearing about this. I'll have to check out the documentary for sure.

So sad.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...MF7GWWPWJ4OVE/

New search underway in mysterious disappearance of UMass student who vanished in 2004

EASTON, N.H. — Authorities are conducting a ground search in New Hampshire on Wednesday in connection with a UMass-Amherst student who was reported missing in 2004.

A search linked to the mysterious disappearance of Maura Murray is underway in an area off Route 112 in the towns of Landaff and Easton, according to New Hampshire Attorney General John M. Formella and New Hampshire State Police Colonel Nathan Noyes.

Murray’s sister, Julie Murray, told Boston 25′s Bob Ward that her family is hoping the new search will result in a resolution of the case, but that they have learned not to get too hopeful.

“When we get our hopes up too high, the drop-off is pretty low,” said Julie Murray.

In a statement, Formella and Noyes said, “The search activity is not the result of new information in the case. Instead, it is part of an ongoing investigative process and will consist of a more extensive search surrounding areas that had been previously searched in a more limited fashion.”

Murray, who was 21 at the time of her disappearance, went missing after she left college on Feb. 9, 2004, according to investigators. Around 7:30 p.m. that evening, Murray’s car was involved in what appeared to be a single-car accident on Route 112 in the New Hampshire town of Haverhill.

Julie Murray said the area being searched is about five miles from where Maura’s car was found.

“Whatever the reason, it is giving my family hope that in an 18-year-old case, they’re actively doing ground searches. I could not ask for anything more than that,” said Julie Murray.

Statement from family: https://www.mauramurraymissing.org/n...Wl9KxA1Jkfl3Ds

“My family is aware of the search efforts and are working closely with law enforcement at this time. We ask that the public not interfere with the investigation. We will share information as appropriate.” said Julie Murray, Maura’s Murray’s sister. “We are encouraged by the active efforts to find Maura and remain hopeful for a resolution.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I'm pretty sure she's out there in a relatively close area to the wreck site. Hopefully they will get lucky.

Thread Information