Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Online Dating...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    If you have a dog, take it to a class! Lots of single women looking for a nice guy.
    He has a SUPER cute dog and the Sierra Club out here allows you to take them along. They had a special doggie walk group and I found even people without dogs wanted to join the group because they just loved hiking with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    He has a SUPER cute dog and the Sierra Club out here allows you to take them along. They had a special doggie walk group and I found even people without dogs wanted to join the group because they just loved hiking with them.
    Ok. We've found the venue! Now get out there and meet cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    Decided to "Hello" every single person who "likes" my profile. I've been honest with each response by letting them know that I am just looking right now and am not wanting to be engaged at the end of the date and "No, you're not moving in." I'm letting them know that I'd prefer to meet somewhere rather than endlessly text. Got some zingers but nothing really worth mentioning here other than one conversation that went great until she ended with "Will you masturbate tonight while you think about me?" WTF is wrong with people?
    wtf why are these dating site people so desperately horny? I get second hand embarrassment from them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Okay. Online dating is scary and crazy and I'm convinced only attracts either trolls or psychos.

Now that things have chilled out a bit with Covid, I'm going to give you ideas on how to maybe meet people organically. I say meet them, because that's how you need to approach it. Not with the intention of finding anyone to date, just to be more social. Because when you do anything, even as innocent as going to the library, with the sole intention of finding someone to date.... You give off that energy. It's not anything that anyone can control, it's just a thing.

Here is a list of places/activities that will put you in a situation where you'll likely meet quality FRIENDS. Where you aren't trying to find dating possibiluties, but will make you an easier target for something like that to maybe develop naturally:

1. Find a local hiking group, like the Sierra Club and take a few hikes with them. I found this amazing when I was younger and didn't actually walk for a living and with now the thought of walking more "for fun" makes me want to lick the floor of a peep show rather than do it. I don't know where you ate, but in L.A. they had different levels of how much intensity you wanted to do. The lower levels were more of a nature walk just for fun. They mainly had night hikes that were awesome.

2. Check to see if there is a local gardening group near you. Even if you're not in to that kind of thing, you might catch the bug and at least you'll have fresh tomatoes you can brag about at the end of the day.

3. Take a Salsa dance class. Even if you have two left feet, that's why you're there. To learn! It's a great skill, lots of fun, exercise that you don't really feel like you're doing and you'll get paired with women to dance with. Sometimes not knowing what you're doing is endearing to your partner and maybe they don't either and will commiserate with you. Lots of local community colleges offer classes for next to nothing.

4. Join a book club. Not really for you if you don't like reading, but you read all of our bullshit so we know that you are good at it.

5. Check local community events like "Concerts in the Park" or a Farmer's Market ". It's just fun to do and you will find all kinds of people there.

6. Take a cooking class. (see Salsa class above).

I can tell that you're a good dude so even if you're socially awkward, doing stuff like this will open you up a bit and maybe make you more comfortable around others. I'm not saying that you are, but just in case it works either way.
    I got one to add. Check out Hash House Harriers. It's a drinking club with a running problem. The goal is to meet up in a specific location and run/walk to the end point where you drink and socialize. This is how I met Lauren Giddings. R.I.P. If you show up three times, they give you a raunchy nickname. I'm not going to say mine since people lurking would instantly know who I am. I will also not share Lauren's nickname out of respect for her family.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Another date last night, not a total disaster but I lost interest early. Probably not a good idea to tell me you hate your ex, you hate your dad, everything you've accomplished in life you've done on your own. I told her a-sexual reproduction is a miracle. Her ambition in life is to buy a house in town and "within walking distance to a 'party bar.'" A local party bar is ok but to focus your living arrangements around it seemed a bit excessive. She also told me she rides a bicycle 40 miles a day but her ( )( ) said otherwise. not that that's a deal breaker but don't so obviously bull shit me.

Another date last night, not a total disaster but I lost interest early. Probably not a good idea to tell me you hate your ex, you hate your dad, everything you've accomplished in life you've done on your own. I told her a-sexual reproduction is a miracle. Her ambition in life is to buy a house in town and "within walking distance to a 'party bar.'" A local party bar is ok but to focus your living arrangements around it seemed a bit excessive. She also told me she rides a bicycle 40 miles a day but her ( )( ) said otherwise. not that that's a deal breaker but don't so obviously bull shit me.
    Well, at least it's moving in the right direction.

Cons:
    She exaggerates
    She's a little too open about her baggage for a first date
    She's a party girl lush

Pros:
    She aspires to exercise more
    She opens up to people
    She's against drunk driving

Cons:
    She exaggerates
    She's a party girl lush

Pros:
    She opens up to people
    See its all about perspective.

Does ()() mean butt? exercising excessively and drinking is a weird combination of hobbies to have but I know people that do both.

How old is this woman and does she have kids?

ETA was she drunk on the date and thats why she "overshared"?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

Does ()() mean butt? exercising excessively and drinking is a weird combination of hobbies to have but I know people that do both.
    Actually, ALL of the women I know that do drink excessively also exercise excessively. They It's a thing. I would honestly say that about half of the women under 50 seem to be alcoholics (by medical definition) these days. Women have caught up with men on it. I don't think it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Actually, ALL of the women I know that do drink excessively also exercise excessively. They It's a thing. I would honestly say that about half of the women under 50 seem to be alcoholics (by medical definition) these days. Women have caught up with men on it. I don't think it's a good thing.
    I didn't start drinking alcohol until I was in my mid-20s. I wonder why I even started in the first place...

I'm here for the dating horror stories. I'm in my intentionally-single-borderline-misandronist-and-I'd-rather-hang-out-with-my-cat phase in my life and, honestly, it's great!

I severely lack drama in my life, though. That's a fact. Probably why I'm here now.

( )( ) meant butt. There were a lot more spaces when I typed it. Here's a better edit (______)*(_______).

( )( ) meant butt. There were a lot more spaces when I typed it. Here's a better edit (______)*(_______).
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Cons:
    She exaggerates
    She's a party girl lush

Pros:
    She opens up to people
    A little better but in many ways a lot less entertaining.

I didn't mention she also wore way too much makeup which is an unfortunate thing that gets pumped into the minds of women. I gotta tell y'all a tube of foundation isn't hiding anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

How old is this woman and does she have kids?

ETA was she drunk on the date and thats why she "overshared"?
    She's 53 and has 2 kids. Her husband blind sided her w/a divorce many years ago which pissed her off beyond anything imaginable. She wasn't drunk on the date but did drink several glasses of wine with dinner. I had an iced tea and she asked me if I had a drinking problem...

Did you have to pay for those several glasses of wine and what kind and brand were they?
    Last edited by puke; 03-26-2022 at 10:28 PM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I met my now ex-wife on POF. Lots of scams on that site. I had recently done Facebook dating which I rather enjoy. A lot of people looking for poly which isn't my thing. I met two ladies on Facebook dating that I was really fond of. Still single tho

If Hinge, Match, POF, OKCupid, etc. doesn't work for you all... maybe you should check out this site for ideas?

https://www.romancescams.org/best-fr...-dating-sites/
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

No sense of humor:

We're chatting back and forth just getting a feeling for each other. Some simple banter, quick stories of how we got here and she tells me she has a sense of humor. We have some more conversation and I ask her if she grew up where she's living now. She replies that she didn't and that she actually grew up in New Jersey. Ok, she claims to have a sense of humor so I type, " So, yer' from Jersey, huh? What exit?" She blocks me... WTF! Sense of humor my ass...

No sense of humor:

We're chatting back and forth just getting a feeling for each other. Some simple banter, quick stories of how we got here and she tells me she has a sense of humor. We have some more conversation and I ask her if she grew up where she's living now. She replies that she didn't and that she actually grew up in New Jersey. Ok, she claims to have a sense of humor so I type, " So, yer' from Jersey, huh? What exit?" She blocks me... WTF! Sense of humor my ass...

If she's offended at that it's good that YOU found the exit!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

If she's offended at that it's good that YOU found the exit!
    LOL. True

No sense of humor:

Talk about easily offended. That's hilarious though

No sense of humor:

So I've found that if someone randomly offers "I've got a sense of humor" or "I'm easy to get along with" it generally means someone, or more likely, more than one someone has told them otherwise. It's "I'm a great dancer" vs "I love to dance"
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Just checking in...

No new trainwrecks but a few encounters.

Met one woman but she lives 2 hours away. She and I talk and text quite a bit but I feel the distance and her work/life schedule will not work with what I am looking for. She's got a very prestigious job which puts her a few social "tiers" above me. I kind of like this and she's cool with it too but again, there's just no time to meet and hang out. She also has some health issues which are a bit of concern (don't feel the need to mention them here). I'd like to work on this relationship but feel it's stalled...

Met another woman whom I really enjoyed hanging out with who's cute as anything. We've seen each other a couple times. We laugh like crazy when we chat but she went too far, too fast with the sexual innuendos and I'm thinking she just wants to get laid. I'm certain the sex would be great but I don't see long term relationship material and am not a "go fuck someone for the hell of it" guy. She's also got some red flags...

Can't do the Dude thing because I'm just not there.

Not getting many hits lately and did block a few other women because.... well, yeah...

Just checking in...

No new trainwrecks but a few encounters.

Met one woman but she lives 2 hours away. She and I talk and text quite a bit but I feel the distance and her work/life schedule will not work with what I am looking for. She's got a very prestigious job which puts her a few social "tiers" above me. I kind of like this and she's cool with it too but again, there's just no time to meet and hang out. She also has some health issues which are a bit of concern (don't feel the need to mention them here). I'd like to work on this relationship but feel it's stalled...

Met another woman whom I really enjoyed hanging out with who's cute as anything. We've seen each other a couple times. We laugh like crazy when we chat but she went too far, too fast with the sexual innuendos and I'm thinking she just wants to get laid. I'm certain the sex would be great but I don't see long term relationship material and am not a "go fuck someone for the hell of it" guy. She's also got some red flags...

Can't do the Dude thing because I'm just not there.

Not getting many hits lately and did block a few other women because.... well, yeah...
    With the first one, it sounds really great! However if you both do get too attached it would mean either one or the other relocating and judging by the sounds of her job it would be up to you to do that. So unless you're willing/ready to do that, it wouldn't be worth the heartache. You could leave it on good terms and let her know that if she ever ends up closer to you and you're both available that you'd love to revisit it.

The second gal. What kind of red flags are they? You don't have to mention specifics, just are they BIG red flags or little ones that you might be making out to be more serious than they are? It might be worth discussing the sex thing with her and letting her know exactly what you tell us. That you're looking for a long term relationship and find out if that's what she has in mind as well.

Some women have been conditioned in to believing that men only want sex whether it be for a long term thing or not and by offering it up it will keep you interested in her. You may find out that she's just not used to a guy that isn't looking at it as a priority.

Some women have been conditioned in to believing that men only want sex whether it be for a long term thing or not and by offering it up it will keep you interested in her. You may find out that she's just not used to a guy that isn't looking at it as a priority.

I wouldnt give up on the second one yet.

I make sexual innuendos all the time but haven't been laid in years I vote for the second girl!

See DZ? You have a whole host of Women here to guide you in the mysterious ways that we tend to work. Use that to your advantage!

Yeah, it's a sad fact that most women just naturally believe that they aren't valued unless they offer sex or make themselves available for it. It's even subconscious in most cases because finding a Man where it's not the top priority is SUPER rare. We also feel like anything nice that men do for us is leading up to them wanting it from us. You're literally a unicorn so if women push for it, it's probably because that's all they have ever known to do to keep the attention of someone they really like. Of course there are very sexual women too, but I think if you talk to her about it and let her know that eventually it would be great to share that with her but that it's not your priority you'll be happily surprised. Be careful not to make it seem like she doesn't turn you on though. Women also relate men wanting them to how attractive they are in general. Basically, "you are gorgeous and if I was just looking for a fling I'd be all over you. However, I really like you as a person and the fun we have together and since I'm looking for something more long term I'd like to hold off on it and enjoy just being together for a while. I don't want sex to get in the way of that right now. The build up will be amazing and this way we will learn so much more about each other which will make it even better when we do decide to share that together".

BOOM.

Thread Information