Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Couponing! Old lady whatup

Couponing! Old lady whatup

Any couponers out there? I'M NEW AND ADDICTED.
    CVS is my favorite. Once I got a $30+ receipt and only paid $2.45, I can never go back!!
    I only buy necessities and things I will actually use.

(Example:Got the Schick Hydro 5 razor AND the refills for free! On sale for a total of around $17)
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    This is relevant to my interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I know somewhere there is a website that will let you know which Sunday coupons to use during which week (in your area) for the things that are also on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    I know somewhere there is a website that will let you know which Sunday coupons to use during which week (in your area) for the things that are also on sale.
    Yes! I use several. Here is the one I use the most... They do all the work for you!

http://www.frugalcouponliving.com/
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

This new couponing craze is so funny to me. People act like it's a new discovery. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the same craze went on in about the '70s-'80s. It was a BIG deal. I hated coupons then and I still hate them now. I wish I had the organizational skills to use them, but mostly they don't make sense to me. I just never find those "free" deals and the coupons are always for brand names and if I buy my normal store brand it's the same or still cheaper than the name brand. Coupons. How do they work?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    This new couponing craze is so funny to me. People act like it's a new discovery. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the same craze went on in about the '70s-'80s. It was a BIG deal. I hated coupons then and I still hate them now. I wish I had the organizational skills to use them, but mostly they don't make sense to me. I just never find those "free" deals and the coupons are always for brand names and if I buy my normal store brand it's the same or still cheaper than the name brand. Coupons. How do they work?
    I think my Aunt is still using toilet paper and tooth paste she bought back in 1983. She's moved that crap from South Dakota to Nebraska to Colorado and rented storage sheds to keep it in, but by golly it was a deal.

(only slightly exaggerated)
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I think my Aunt is still using toilet paper and tooth paste she bought back in 1983. She's moved that crap from South Dakota to Nebraska to Colorado and rented storage sheds to keep it in, but by golly it was a deal.

(only slightly exaggerated)
    ROFL. I saw someone on TV showing off her stash. The only thing I remember is a zillion boxes of cereal.

I totally thought the same way until I spent about 8 hours just studying how it worked. (Yes I love math and puzzles and organization and I'm lame.)

First you gotta start collecting the coupons so you might spend a little more at the stores to begin with.
    Buy the Sunday paper for starters, every Sunday.
    NOW these websites help out so you don't have to do the searching yourself for the deals. They even organize them into which store to use. I prefer CVS since I am a beginner and I realized they have the best deals in my area.

Okay if I'm getting confusing, let me break down how CVS works.
    (By the way since I am just starting out, I am mainly sticking with just household products and not food...food seems more tricky to me and I haven't mastered that at all.)

Every week CVS has a sale on certain items in the store (Sunday-Friday)
    Some of these items on sale come with ECB's (Extra Care Bucks)
    Extra Care Bucks are basically free money to use in the store on your next purchase.

Example: The Schick Hydro5 razor was on sale this week for $8 and after you purchase you get $4 Extra Care Bucks
    so it's like you're paying only $4...
    You still dish out $8 then I used a $4 Schick coupon, which made it $4 and I used $4 Extra Care Bucks from a previous time I had already been to CVS.
    And then they gave me back $4 Extra Care Bucks.

The first time you might spend some cash, but then you start getting Extra Care Bucks and then every time you go your transactions will be free or close to it.

Some of the coupons from this Sunday's paper I won't even use for another week or 3.
    That's why couponers organize them so we can find it later. These websites will tell us which Sunday's paper it was in and which insert/ where to find it.
    Also there are lots of coupons online that you can print and companys actually have a lot of coupons and free giveaways on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by brie View Post
    Yes! I use several. Here is the one I use the most... They do all the work for you!

http://www.frugalcouponliving.com/
    Thanks, Brie!

I think the best deal I ever got was on Hellman's (Best Foods in some states) mayo. They had an in store special, plus it was like triple coupons that day. I ended up getting a $4 jar of mayo for $.24. I don't use them a lot. They usually expire before I do. I need some of Brie's tips.

I feel my eyes glazing over and my brain going numb just like when my son in law starts talking computers.

Seriously, though. It's the kind of thing I'd like to be into but I just can't seem to muster up the skills to get it done. I saw a lady in WalMart a couple of days ago with a notebook with plastic sleeves in it full of coupons.

Thanks, Brie!

I think the best deal I ever got was on Hellman's (Best Foods in some states) mayo. They had an in store special, plus it was like triple coupons that day. I ended up getting a $4 jar of mayo for $.24. I don't use them a lot. They usually expire before I do. I need some of Brie's tips.
    LOL Oh that says 24 cents. I was really confused for a minute. Hahaha We don't have a CVS here and nobody ever has double coupon days anymore, not for years and years. Maybe that will come back now that interest is rising again.

I feel my eyes glazing over and my brain going numb just like when my son in law starts talking computers.

Seriously, though. It's the kind of thing I'd like to be into but I just can't seem to muster up the skills to get it done. I saw a lady in WalMart a couple of days ago with a notebook with plastic sleeves in it full of coupons.
    I did that once! I opened it up three years after I made it and realized they all expired.

I got into couponing a few months ago. Rite-Aid is my favorite and I never used to go into Rite-Aid at all, but I go every week to get free items. And most times, on the bottom of the receipt is a # you enter in at their website and after taking a small survey, you can print off a "Save $3 off a $15 purchase." And if you do multiple transactions, you can enter each of those. I think there is a limit of 4 though. Ring up all items, use your Savings Card, then give them the $3/$15 survey coupon and then the manufacturer coupons and then other Rite-Aid coupons. So I try and not spend more than $5 cash and get up to $40 worth of items for free. Most of the time I just end up using the UP+ rewards that print off on the receipt and pay less than $5, and many times, practically nothing. I've had the least amount of hassle at Rite-Aid. CVS usually doesn't give me any problems, but they're always out of the items I want. Walgreens is a hassle when using coupons. Now if only I could save money on food items at grocery stores like I do at the drug stores. I mean, how many bottles of body wash and bars of soap does one person need? Learn about the $5 challenge here: http://kingdomfirstmom.com/5-dollar-challenges

Yes I have the binder with "baseball card" inserts to keep my coupons in. Don't dog it, it helps! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    I got into couponing a few months ago. Rite-Aid is my favorite and I never used to go into Rite-Aid at all, but I go every week to get free items. And most times, on the bottom of the receipt is a # you enter in at their website and after taking a small survey, you can print off a "Save $3 off a $15 purchase." And if you do multiple transactions, you can enter each of those. I think there is a limit of 4 though. Ring up all items, use your Savings Card, then give them the $3/$15 survey coupon and then the manufacturer coupons and then other Rite-Aid coupons. So I try and not spend more than $5 cash and get up to $40 worth of items for free. Most of the time I just end up using the UP+ rewards that print off on the receipt and pay less than $5, and many times, practically nothing. I've had the least amount of hassle at Rite-Aid. CVS usually doesn't give me any problems, but they're always out of the items I want. Walgreens is a hassle when using coupons. Now if only I could save money on food items at grocery stores like I do at the drug stores. I mean, how many bottles of body wash and bars of soap does one person need? Learn about the $5 challenge here: http://kingdomfirstmom.com/5-dollar-challenges

Rite Aid is my next store to learn. I agree with you, Walgreens is a BIG OLE PAIN. I have grown to hate that store, even though I can still get some good deals and will only go for maybe 1 or 2 things. They can NEVER scan my printed coupons from the internet. I argued with one asst manager that worked there for 13 years and basically new every policy and then I showed him the company's coupon policy that I printed out and he still argued with me. The manager called me later and apologized.

You're also right about CVS running out of items, I learned I have to go the day the Sunday paper comes out to get my items or on Tuesday when they restock. (It might not be Tuesday for you, but you should ask.)

I did that once! I opened it up three years after I made it and realized they all expired.
    The only good coupon is an expired coupon. Then I can throw it away and no longer feel pressured to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by brie View Post
    Rite Aid is my next store to learn. I agree with you, Walgreens is a BIG OLE PAIN. I have grown to hate that store, even though I can still get some good deals and will only go for maybe 1 or 2 things. They can NEVER scan my printed coupons from the internet. I argued with one asst manager that worked there for 13 years and basically new every policy and then I showed him the company's coupon policy that I printed out and he still argued with me. The manager called me later and apologized.

You're also right about CVS running out of items, I learned I have to go the day the Sunday paper comes out to get my items or on Tuesday when they restock. (It might not be Tuesday for you, but you should ask.)
    Figures. Walgreen's is the only store of that type we have.

The only good coupon is an expired coupon. Then I can throw it away and no longer feel pressured to use it.

Figures. Walgreen's is the only store of that type we have.
    I am enjoying throwing things away now!

Walgreen's is the only thing I have seen out here, too. I don't really go over to E. Flag. I'm downtown now, and everything is walking distance.

Thanks for the frugalcouponliving website. I saved $6. (I scored 3 Dora the Explorers for free off itunes for the grand baby♥) I like how it shows you what is free/where at the time including weekend activities. Anybody need a Neti pot, World recipe Kindle cookbooks, or TCBY yogurt for Dad?

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

The only time my coupons go bad is when I just can't get to the place. I had a coupon for $4 off Red Lobster, but I ain't been to Red Lobster. I always use free sample shit, and I even fill out the surveys on receipts to get the free shit.

My cousin's wife does couponing. She used to post pics of her goodies on FB. I was very impressed at how much stuff she got for so little money. She saves a ton of money and only buys things she needs/uses and in normal quantities.

One of these days, I'll get organized and do it.. I'm like most of you. I forget I have coupons and they expire by the time I remember. :(

At cvs, if you split your orders into two transactions, you can use your bucks the same day. I had problems remembering to use em before they expired but now that's not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    The only time my coupons go bad is when I just can't get to the place. I had a coupon for $4 off Red Lobster, but I ain't been to Red Lobster. I always use free sample shit, and I even fill out the surveys on receipts to get the free shit.
    In all fairness Ron, 4 dollars off of red lobster is still like 100 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    In all fairness Ron, 4 dollars off of red lobster is still like 100 bucks
    Exactly why I wasn't in a rush to use it. It was kind of like getting a free ride there.

Quote Originally Posted by whackjob View Post
    At cvs, if you split your orders into two transactions, you can use your bucks the same day. I had problems remembering to use em before they expired but now that's not an issue.

yeah I should have mentioned that. I'm embarrassed enough that I am a coupon queen and my boyfriend walks down the isle with me yelling "EXTREMEEE COUPONERRR" so I don't want to do 4 different transactions while people are waiting in line behind me. (Although I heard it's best to "check out" at the Beauty section)
    so I just use the ECB's from the week before, since I'm doing this every week now.

I love the deals she shows on that frugal website too! I got two movie tickets for $9 and I got a free small popcorn at the movies.
    If you want the free small popcorn go "Like" Yahoo movies on Facebook and click on "Free Popcorn"
    http://www.facebook.com/YahooMovies

Ron was making fun of me when I did this!!

oh and start collecting your coupons now to get started! Go buy the Sunday paper!

Thread Information