Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Time Breastfeeding Pic on Time Magazine Stirs Debate

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    This reminds me of my mom's friend who asked for a picture of my uncle in his police uniform to threaten her son with wtf?
    What happened to threatening their life and threats of beatings?

I've told my boys that if they ever get into trouble with the law and they are jailed, im not bailing them out. They screwed up so im not paying for it, they are.

Back to the breast feeding thing though, I was talking to my husband and he was saying that he supports any woman who wants to BF, he thinks it's awesome that a woman can do that for her child but he also said he thinks that after a year, the baby should be weened. His opinion and I do agree.

I was on youtube and there were a shit ton of vids about breastfeeding older children and then i stumbled onto the vids of women who are having orgasms when in labor. That shit skeeves me out really really bad.

My sister said natural birth is the best feeling at the end. I don't know if she meant orgasm or the adrenaline rush right before the baby is delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
    What happened to threatening their life and threats of beatings?
    This made me laugh because I was on the freeway and Dallas was being a shit in the back of my truck so I reached back to pop him in the mouth and I was driving so I missed and hardly got him. He goes 'YOU DIDNT GET ME, IT DIDNT HURT'.

Guess who pulled over on the freeway and whooped their smartass 5 yr old's ass? Yeah, that would be me. My mom was with me and she had her hand over her mouth trying so hard not to laugh when Dallas talked back. I was so pissed but I got him.

My sister said natural birth is the best feeling at the end. I don't know if she meant orgasm or the adrenaline rush right before the baby is delivered.
    It's only the best feeling because you just shit that damn kid out and you're done. Ive never thought it was orgasmic tho, fuck that.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    This reminds me of my mom's friend who asked for a picture of my uncle in his police uniform to threaten her son with wtf?
    How about putting some goddamn fear into your child instead of placating all the time? It's not the kids that are pussies anymore. It's the parents. Fuck that noise.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    How about putting some goddamn fear into your child instead of placating all the time? It's not the kids that are pussies anymore. It's the parents. Fuck that noise.
    It was more to back up her threats of calling the cops on him whenever he misbehaved. FTR my mom said no, bc a) craaaaaazy and b) the kid knew my uncle, why make him terrified of him?

FTR, I never got hit in my life and I had a healthy dose of respect/fear of my parents. I don't think smacking a kid is necessary to discipline them. My mom could raise an eyebrow at me and I STFU.

Actually, I got smacked once, but I was a teenager haha

Truth. I have boys that are going to be bigger than me. my oldest is already taller and outweighs me. when we play fight, i fight dirty. I punch him in the dick, no kidding. I want him to fear me even if he is bigger than me.

It was more to back up her threats of calling the cops on him whenever he misbehaved. FTR my mom said no, bc a) craaaaaazy and b) the kid knew my uncle, why make him terrified of him?

FTR, I never got hit in my life and I had a healthy dose of respect/fear of my parents. I don't think smacking a kid is necessary to discipline them. My mom could raise an eyebrow at me and I STFU.

I called my mom a bitch when i wa slike 16 or something and she layed me out.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I called my mom a bitch when i wa slike 16 or something and she layed me out.
    Yeah, that's what did it lol

Exactly. Spanking shouldn't be the first response. Shit, it shouldn't be the second. Every good parent I know has drawn their line in the sand and stuck to it. They weren't giant vaginas about it and gave in because their kid started to cry.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

for me and my kids, its the eyebrow or a snap of the fingers. if that didn't work, "i'ma tell your daddy/i'm calling your dad" will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

This made me laugh because I was on the freeway and Dallas was being a shit in the back of my truck so I reached back to pop him in the mouth and I was driving so I missed and hardly got him. He goes 'YOU DIDNT GET ME, IT DIDNT HURT'.

Guess who pulled over on the freeway and whooped their smartass 5 yr old's ass? Yeah, that would be me. My mom was with me and she had her hand over her mouth trying so hard not to laugh when Dallas talked back. I was so pissed but I got him.
    5 year old boys can be the biggest smart asses. They either learn then, later when it really gets them into trouble in school/with the law, or not at all (our society could do without those shitheads).

It's only the best feeling because you just shit that damn kid out and you're done. Ive never thought it was orgasmic tho, fuck that.
    My sister loves being pregnant and giving birth.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    for me and my kids, its the eyebrow or a snap of the fingers. if that didn't work, "i'ma tell your daddy/i'm calling your dad" will.
    Growing up, I never needed to be hit. The threat was enough.

I have always spanked my kids when they needed it. After they were a certain age, I felt they were too old for it but I dont have issues with people spanking their kid as long as they arent excessive and brutal about it. I have never beat my kids bloody.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I started a fire and got my ass beat one time. That was one time too many. I had my fill and fell in line after that.

Also, when you're the only child there's no mystery to who started the shenanigans. When you have 5 and shit, sometimes you have to play detective.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I started a fire and got my ass beat one time. That was one time too many. I had my fill and fell in line after that.

Also, when you're the only child there's no mystery to who started the shenanigans. When you have 5 and shit, sometimes you have to play detective.
    It's pretty easy, often you can tell by 1) what the crime is, and 2) there is always a kid who will rat out a sibling.

It's not that hard. To be honest, kids are really, really stupid when it comes to being sneaky. That's why I always know when my students do something wrong, even if I don't see it.

I don't know you but you sound more than a bit crazy in your posts. You "whooped" your five year old child? And you think it's funny? I think you have anger issues... Please seek help. Violence begets violence.

Quote Originally Posted by chicachinacochina View Post
    I don't know you but you sound more than a bit crazy in your posts. You "whooped" your five year old child? And you think it's funny? I think you have anger issues... Please seek help. Violence begets violence.
    Yes. I am certifiable. I find it hilarious that I beat the shit out of my kid. As a matter of fact, I would beat the shit out of a strangers child. I hate kids, they all fucking suck, those little rat bastards.
    When my children cry, I drink their tears. Fuck you.

It's pretty easy, often you can tell by 1) what the crime is, and 2) there is always a kid who will rat out a sibling.
    Hahaha don't snitches get stitches?

It's not that hard. To be honest, kids are really, really stupid when it comes to being sneaky. That's why I always know when my students do something wrong, even if I don't see it.
    People always give me a hard time when I say kids aren't that smart! I mean you've only been here a few years, so it's not a bad thing, it's expected.

Quote Originally Posted by chicachinacochina View Post

You think you're better than The Cos?

And the children smile and look and me and say "Dear man....thank you for your kindness, and your wonderful attitude about this whole situation. But you don't understand....we can't sleep through the night without a good beating."

LULZ at the 'informer'. That is sooooo my youngest kid. My two oldest ones, when I remind them to take a shower, they turn the fucking thing on and then sit in their room and watch TV for like 15 minutes because they are 'waiting for the water to heat up'.

YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

All kids can be assholes and I sincerely believe in discipline. Im not raising my boys to be shitty men, Im raising them to be damn good men with promising futures and respect and success. As a mom, I take on anything to make these boys succeed.

Off topic a little here but I plan on my boys living with me until they are out of college, no matter how long it takes. Bodhi wants to be a pediatrician. Im willing to take on that college debt so he has good credit and a fresh start and be able to open a practice. I feel this way about all my boys and if it means I have to WHOOP their asses, then so be it.
    My kids are gonna make serious dough and put me in a nice retirement home.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I was thinking about this last night and I came to a realization.

After reading comments on multiple articles about this whole thing I realized that these women are doing this with what seems to only be boys. The woman on the cover of time is pictured with her son, and the woman I babysat for was doing this with her son.

If it was really about better health and a better bonding situation, why do the girls not deserve the same treatment? It seems to me that if it happens more often with boys, there is something else going on there.

GROSS.

(Minus you, Cat. I know you said your daughter, but you did stop at 2.. at least that isn't 3-6.)
    All of the baby girls I know self weaned well before two. I have lamented and feel immense guilt that I had no support and wasn't able to nurse Millie for as long as she needed. Avi is super attached and that is just his personality type, I don't know that it has anything to do with his gender.

I work mostly with men, and at the end of the day yesterday, someone brought this up, but he was really hesitant to show me what they were all talking about because he was worried showing me the picture might make me feel harassed, which tells you something right there.

All of them were like, women who do this are trying to maintain total control of their kids and deny them autonomy. Which is my perspective as well. I feel similarly about women who want co-sleeping to continue nightly. To me, that says you're trying to block intimacy in your marriage, and you're using your kid to validate that.
    Really? That's so strange. Adrien and I have sex 3 times a week, at least. More than both of my friends that have children that sleep independently. You just need to be creative time wise and make sure that you set time aside for it.
    For me it's about what each child has needed. Millie was independent from the start. She needed her space to sleep and never needed much more than a couple cuddles and to be held during the day.
    I am seriously eating my words right now because I always said I would never nurse Avi past one, and that it was weird and awkward, and then I got there and it wasn't. He sees a behavior therapist once a week and will see an occupational therapist starting next week for some minor sensory issues that he is working through. Nursing has given him immense comfort and has allowed him to feel secure enough to let me leave him with my mil or with Adrien, I'm so glad that I didn't stop at some arbitrary point set by myself before actually nursing for an extended amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I agree with this. I don't have an issue with breast feeding in public.. unless you are flashing everyone whilst doing it. I don't care if you are a mother, feminist, attachment parent or what. I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYONE'S BEWBS IN PUBLIC. It just rude, and covering yourself with a blanket is so easy.

Unless, of course, I am paying for it.. then I want to see bewbs in public all day long. But no bebe's sucking on them.
    You could just not look. I mean, have you tried covering your head while eating? Or a 6 month old's?

Thread Information