Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Peaches Geldof (25) was found dead in her home

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Toxicology confirmed use of heroin was 'likely' to have contributed to her death.

So the husband obviously hid the needles etc.
    Kind of a relief. Kind of. In that I'm completely disgusted that she did this alone, with her child there, helpless, but would have insanely disgusted if it was one of her junkie buddies that cleaned up and ditched the kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

I'm not sure how surprised I am that she od'd with her kid there. There is this little problem she had with not dropping her phone, while dropping her kid.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    BUT THE PHONE WAS OK, RIGHT?!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Bowie has this spot on. Spolit little rich kid, never had to work a day in her life, spent her youth off her face. She obviously still dabbled a bit and it went a bit wrong. Sympathy only with her children and siblings for me.

those little chubby baby legs and baby butt make me wanna both cry and lol. I'm very conflicted.

This is why there's an inquest. Someone's in the shit. There may not have been any needles. Diamorphine is prescription heroin & it comes in tablet form. This could be medical negligence like a certain other high profile case.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...s-9311090.html

Ms Geldof was pronounced dead at the scene. Her body was later formally identified by her father Sir Bob Geldof. A spokesperson for Kent Police has since confirmed there is an on-going investigation into the supply of drugs in connection with Ms Geldof's death. Earlier, speculation that Ms Geldof died from an overdose of heroin was described as “disappointing” ahead of the inquest into her death today.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-01-2014 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Nooo "medical"was spelt "medicle" - like an icicle. How? Why? a pox on spellchecks that can't spell & don't check

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...ok-heroin.html

Mr Fotheringham said: "On Thursday April 3, 2014, Thomas Cohen went with his two sons to stay for the weekend at his parents' house in south-east London. "This is a normal occurrence which enables Peaches and Thomas to complete work in their respective careers."

He added: "It is believed that Peaches spent Saturday afternoon, into the evening, and Sunday morning at her home address alone.

"Throughout this period she maintained telephone contact with family and friends, including contact with Thomas's mother to arrange a family activity, but this was cancelled. "Peaches maintained contact with family and friends throughout Sunday and at 5pm Thomas's father Keith Cohen took the youngest child, Phaedra, back to Wrotham and spent half an hour with Peaches before leaving the child with her."

Mr Fotheringham said the last contact with Miss Geldof is believed to have been at 7.45pm on the Sunday when she had a telephone conversation with a friend. He went on: "All of the friends and family who had contact with Peaches during this period described how she seemed her normal self and was making plans for the future, including a family outing for her sons for the following weekend. "There was no cause for concern."

Mr Cohen tried to contact his wife the following morning without success. He then travelled to the family home in Kent with his mother, Sue, and 23-month-old son Astala, arriving at around 1.30pm.

"Thomas entered the property and located Peaches in the spare bedroom," Mr Fotheringham said. It was apparent that she was dead. "She was located on the edge of the bed with one leg hanging down to the floor and the other leg tucked underneath her. She was slumped across the bed."

Mr Cohen called out to his mother eta by me: while gathering up and hiding the needle/syringe/pipe etc. and Phaedra was found in the property, and the emergency services were called.

Police and paramedics arrived and confirmed she was dead. Kent Police started an investigation but the death was "unexplained with no third party" involvement.

Further tests confirmed the recent taking of heroin, Mr Fotheringham said.

At the time of her death, police discovered no evidence of drugs paraphernalia in the house, leading to speculation that items may have been removed before the property was searched, The Times reported on Thursday.

The whereabouts of items used when smoking or injecting heroin is likely to be a focus of the on-going investigation. It is not known who supplied the young mother with the drugs.
    Is concealing evidence a crime in the U.K.?
    Last edited by *crickets*; 05-01-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Do they usually investigate the supply of every heroin O.D? I wouldn't assume street heroin just yet. Why risk scoring if you can get it legally? What if he rang a prescribing Dr instead? I think there's going to be more to this than a hunt for a street dealer.

Unless Sir Boom knows who did the scoring in that family & wants someone out of the way so he can repeat history & gain custody of another man's kids (again).

But I'm leaning towards a panicking prescribing Dr just now. Maybe the adjournment is to give them time to pull her NHS records - or do the rich pay for private consults & fly under the radar?

Dr Harold Shipman used diamorphine to murder his victims. Diamorphine, or heroin, is used in medicine as a very effective and powerful painkiller. However, it is highly addictive and is fatal in large doses.
    Diamorphine is an opiate, a type of drug extracted from the unripe seed capsules of the Asian poppy. It belongs to a group of drugs called the narcotic analgesics.

These drugs have been used medically and non-medically for centuries.

Diamorphine resembles morphine, another opiate, in its actions and uses, but produces better pain relief with less severe side effects when given intravenously.

The drug relieves the severe pain that can be caused by injury, surgery, heart attack or chronic diseases such as cancer.

It is also used to relieve distress in acute heart failure and occasionally as a cough suppressant when other remedies have been ineffective.

It can come in tablet or liquid form. For severe pain a dose of 5-10mg intravenously is recommended

I think you are thinking way, way too deeply into this. It's pretty standard when a rich kid is found with a ton of heroin on them that ISN"T prescribed to be like 'gee, I wonder who has an awful lot of heroin for sale for a lot of money. We should maybe get that person off the street.'

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I think you are thinking way, way too deeply into this. It's pretty standard when a rich kid is found with a ton of heroin on them that ISN"T prescribed to be like 'gee, I wonder who has an awful lot of heroin for sale for a lot of money. We should maybe get that person off the street.'
    But that's the thing, how would they know it wasn't prescribed if the remainder of the prescription was removed & no Dr was volunteering themselves as the source?

It's extremely likely you're right, I'm not committed to any particular theory, conspiracy or otherwise, it's just the use of the word "likely" that makes me wonder (well, that & all the other things I already wondered about ). But if it's a run of the mill heroin O.D - & she was found within 24hrs, it shouldn't be just "likely", it should be black & white. Especially if there was injecting involved. They can hide the syringe, but not the track marks.

I guess if she wasn't a rich kid I wouldn't wonder, but $$$ gets you access to Dr's who'll give you whatever you want. & I guess a tiny part of me is hoping against hope that just this once, at least one MDS story involving kids isn't going to have a lowlife shitty parent ending.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I should've learned my lesson in the Caz Hazuga thread.

Or my own life.

I'm sure I'll be my usual cynical self once my good mood wears off. I'm pissed off with 15 yrs worth of dr's this week so this probably just a bout of temporary projection.

*crickets* asked: Is hiding evidence a crime in the UK?

Under English law, yes it is, it comes under the criminal law category 'Perverting the course of justice"

SOURCE

Perverting the course of justice can be any of three acts:

Fabricating or disposing of evidence
    Intimidating or threatening a witness or juror
    Intimidating or threatening a judge

------------------------

So to pursue that they need to establish who disposed of any evidence.

------------------------

The fact she was still using heroin once she was a parent knowing full well the risks and the devastation her death would cause those children and that she used in the presence of one of her children leaves me unable to form a polite sentence beyond expressing my sympathies for her sons.

Well, I learned something new today- heroin is prescribed in the U.K. for addicts and palliative/end-of-life care. So, I bet the rich & famous can get their hands on it w/o having to resort to street dealers like poor PSH. Still, if it was 'legal' heroin PG would have known what dose she was taking unlike street smack where every bag is a crapshoot.

Is it not methadone that is prescribed? We have methadone clinics here in the uk, it's used as a heroin substitute but is just as addictive. They do give that to end of life cancer patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Her_Last_Death View Post
    *crickets* asked: Is hiding evidence a crime in the UK?

Under English law, yes it is, it comes under the criminal law category 'Perverting the course of justice"

SOURCE

Perverting the course of justice can be any of three acts:

Fabricating or disposing of evidence
    Intimidating or threatening a witness or juror
    Intimidating or threatening a judge

------------------------

So to pursue that they need to establish who disposed of any evidence.

------------------------

The fact she was still using heroin once she was a parent knowing full well the risks and the devastation her death would cause those children and that she used in the presence of one of her children leaves me unable to form a polite sentence beyond expressing my sympathies for her sons.
    very interesting- TY! and totally agree, using while ALONE with her baby was the height of irresponsibility. esp. for this girl who had taken such pains to promote herself as a devoted 'attachment mum.'

But if it's a run of the mill heroin O.D - & she was found within 24hrs, it shouldn't be just "likely", it should be black & white.
    You're still approaching this like her dad isn't a knight. They are going to feel obligated to being extra precise and make sure everything is properly documented.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    Is it not methadone that is prescribed? We have methadone clinics here in the uk, it's used as a heroin substitute but is just as addictive. They do give that to end of life cancer patients.
    from Wikipedia-
    Internationally, diacetylmorphine (heroin) is controlled under Schedules I and IV of the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs. It is illegal to manufacture, possess, or sell diacetylmorphine without a license in almost every country, except the UK and Switzerland.

It is also available for prescription to long-term users as a form of opioid replacement therapy in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, and Denmark, alongside psycho-social care--in the same manner that methadone or buprenorphine are used in the United States and Canada--and a similar programme is being campaigned for by liberal political parties in Norway.

It's prescribed as diamorphine. It's commonly used in hospitals and palliative care here. It's a controlled drug though so it should be pretty hard to get hold of

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    It's prescribed as diamorphine. It's commonly used in hospitals and palliative care here. It's a controlled drug though so it should be pretty hard to get hold of
    Yes it relieves pain and as the dose is upped as required, sometimes the medication itself will hasten the patient's death.

--------------------------------------------------

*crickets* posted: "very interesting- TY! and totally agree, using while ALONE with her baby was the height of irresponsibility. esp. for this girl who had taken such pains to promote herself as a devoted 'attachment mum.'"

No problem, I knew there was a crime linked to getting rid of evidence and/or planting/fabricating - looking it up was a useful reminder for me as well :-).

I've had "compassion failure" over PG's death and I'm OK with that.

-----------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson's death proved that if you have the funds to pay someone to get you any prescription drugs you want, there will be somebody willing to supply.

Well there you go, there is something new I have learnt as well. Don't ever let anyone tell you MDS isn't educational.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    Well there you go, there is something new I have learnt as well. Don't ever let anyone tell you MDS isn't educational.
    I only knew because they put me on the tablets for 3 days when I had an IV fail of the standard morphine pump after surgery. A year later I was wondering what the "dia" part meant & discovered why the local pharmacist has been side-eyeing me ever since. I had no idea until then & I was pretty stunned to find out what I'd taken. I wish they'd warned me, I would've filled the script far, far away from this gossipy little town.

Fuck her.

2 kids under 2.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahric13 View Post
    Fuck her.

2 kids under 2.
    I know right? This is how you spell c.u.n.t. Such a great example of a good mother!!!
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Well, I learned something new today- heroin is prescribed in the U.K. for addicts and palliative/end-of-life care. So, I bet the rich & famous can get their hands on it w/o having to resort to street dealers like poor PSH. Still, if it was 'legal' heroin PG would have known what dose she was taking unlike street smack where every bag is a crapshoot.
    Except that she was SO skinny at the end. A glass of wine with dinner, which might've been fine a few kilos ago could be the tipping point. & I know it's a pretty subjective observation, but she looks sick sick in her last pix, not just junkie sick. Maybe she just fucked her liver, but I won't be particularly surprised if there was some obscure underlying condition as well.

It never occurred to me that shit wasn't prescribed worldwide. I learned something too.

As for people with $$$$ getting their hands on medical grade heroin -

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/.../t-545348.html

Bluelight > Europe & Africa > European & African Drug Discussion > Archive - EADD > Diamorphine hydrochloride BP amps

OP
    I've no idea where this belongs so I'll go for the easy way out and stick it in the, 'homeless threads'. Basically Iwas wondering how many heroin addicts these days are being prescribed injectable, either amps of Physeptone or amps of Diamorphine, wet or dry amps. My main interest is in UK where I live, so that would be most relevent. It doesn't seem like so many years ago when their was loads of 'amps' on the streets of London because they were being prescribed. I knew quite a few guys who were getting them but I was never that lucky. I know most went private and the Docs' were not taking on any new patients, the law was slowly changing and at the time I couldn't afford to go private. But about 20 years ago(very rough guess) you could always buy amps inLondon as a last resort. Especially round the West End. They were never affected by droughts or big busts. You could always guarentee to get amps, Mon-Fri come hell or high water. All that is athing of the past now. Shame because although it was quite expensive, it was well clean and you could always be sure of the quality, and it was well nice and you could always feel it, like really nice rush. Unlike the street shit going round these days. I would so love to read any posts by anyone who is lucky enough to be getting amps prescribed (not street). Or even know if they are being prescribed anywhere in the UK. Their is a good argument for prescribing it on the NHS, but thats for another post.

In England it was moderately available for maintenence until 2007 when the NHS' only importer had asourcing issue. In desperationthose getting prescription heroin had to switch to methadone. When the sourcing issue was solved 4 months later the government, which had lost interest in the issue, simply relegated those who had switched (most patients had been switched) to methadone.

As for crime rates, methadone provides the same data and has highly vested interest groups supporting it so its not likely that heroin will ever be prescribed as widely as it was in England, in the late 80s. Since then it has taken a spiral downward. The 1 area that will preserve its niche in maintenence is long term addicts who have never been able to gain stability despite repeated tries on methadone. Despite the VERY stiff opposition from very well funded special interest groups (the only private maintenence clinics in Israel are a chain owned by a single woman co-incidentally is married to nation's richest citizen, ergo she plowed a small fortune in trying to stop alternative substances like heroin) it has continued to find new venues. In terms of the number of nations heroin has never been more widely prescribed Israel, Slovenia and Kosovo joined the club in 2010

Ithink the trend towards alternatives will continue, probably dihydrocodeine will be the next "magic bullet" (judging by thr number of ongoing dtudies employing it.

According to those posts, if she was getting it prescribed it had to be as a private paying patient. I don't know if private consults make it onto your NHS record. If they don't, & no-one volunteers a Dr's name, they'll have to start at her closest pharmacy & work their way out, or start going through all the scheduled drug script approvals - it'll take a while.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-01-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Wearing a hoodie to disguise her, a source has claimed Peaches visited a drugs rehab centre in Maidstone, not far from the home she shared with her husband and two sons, before her death.
    The man told The Sun: 'We were on first name terms but I called her 'P'.
    'I last saw her a couple of weeks ago. She was fine but furtive.'
    He said Peaches revealed she did not want husband Tom Cohen to find out she was in treatment, describing him as a 'really straight family man', adding he would not understand.
    'She didn't want her husband finding out,' he added. 'She said he was completely straight and that Dad would go spare if he knew anything about it.'
    He said Peaches was on a prescription for 20mg of heroin substitute methadone and had to visit the clinic weekly.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz30YAkx3yV

Thread Information