Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassidy Goodison (14) strangled her newborn baby

remember those moving billboards with aborted fetuses on them? maybe the pro-choice folks oughtta put together a media kit of teenagers and their murdered babies to pass out in front of the churches and people at the clinics protesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I don't think she should be coddled, or let off. But I don't think she should be tried as an adult. Interesting that legally she would not be able to get an abortion because 14 is considered too young to decide. A 14 year old's brain is not fully developed, there are numerous scientific articles which state this. That's why there are juvenile courts I thought. She could not have been thinking clearly-alone, delivering a 9.5 lb baby alone with scissors. And then to just leave the child there? If I didn't want to get caught I would have gotten rid of the body, not left it in my laundry.

Animosity, I remember those billboards, with a fetus and a caption saying "Mommy, please don't kill me". I was 9 and they scared the crap out of me.

Bail Hearing For Teen Charged in Baby's Death Set for Oct. 23

BARTOW | Lawyers for a 14-year-old Lakeland girl accused of strangling her newborn are requesting a hearing to get her out from behind bars.

Cassidy Goodson has remained in custody without bail since her arrest Sept. 27.

The girl's court-appointed lawyer, Assistant Public Defender Howardene Garrett, has filed a motion asking a judge to set bail. A hearing is set for Oct. 23.

Garrett wrote in her motion that her client is not a flight risk.

"(Goodson) is a full-time high school student," Garrett wrote. "She played softball in a summer league and has extensive ties to the Polk County community."

Donna Wood, a Polk County sheriff's spokeswoman, said Goodson is being kept at the Polk County Juvenile Detention Facility.

A grand jury indicted Goodson on Oct. 4 on charges of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

Deputies say the girl secretly gave birth on Sept. 19 to a 9.5-pound boy inside a bathroom.

The indictment does not identify the baby by any name but uses the words "Baby Goodson" to describe him.

The girl told investigators that she used a pair of scissors to pry the baby out and choked the baby for about a minute to stop his breathing.

Goodson's mother later found the dead baby in her daughter's bedroom inside a plastic bag that was hidden in a storage stool.

Goodson's lawyer also has filed another motion asking a judge to order detectives to preserve any records of their interrogation of Goodson, including their handwritten notes.

The motion states that the family's home was roped off as a crime scene, and Goodson was taken inside the house for about two to three hours for questioning without a parent present.

Goodson's parents could not go into the house without law enforcement permission, which was not allowed, the motion states.

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...NEWS/121009392

This is so sad, she is just a baby herself. No way she should be tried as an adult. It's an awful thing she did but I can't imagine what she went through trying to hide this pregnancy because she was afraid to tell her parents and then the trauma of delivering the baby on her own in the bathroom with her mom in the home. Gah, I don't even know where to begin with this but yes, I blame the parents for their denial as well. This child was failed by every adult in her life who suspected she was pregnant and didn't reach out to help her.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatality View Post
    This is so sad, she is just a baby herself. No way she should be tried as an adult. It's an awful thing she did but I can't imagine what she went through trying to hide this pregnancy because she was afraid to tell her parents and then the trauma of delivering the baby on her own in the bathroom with her mom in the home. Gah, I don't even know where to begin with this but yes, I blame the parents for their denial as well. This child was failed by every adult in her life who suspected she was pregnant and didn't reach out to help her.
    You seem to feel pretty strongly about this.What would you say deserves to happen to her?

Are you saying she needs a chance? Too bad her baby never got a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    You seem to feel pretty strongly about this.What would you say deserves to happen to her?

Are you saying you care about the baby who never got a chance?

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

I'm saying to try her has the juvenile that she is not has a adult charged with first degree murder. I don't believe it was a cold, calculated crime. She is a child who was afraid to tell her parents that she was pregnant because they wouldn't accept it. She didn't kill her parents for being closed minded bastards. Now, if she had done that, I would say she was thinking rationally and should be tried as an adult.

I'm saying to try her has the juvenile that she is not has a adult charged with first degree murder. I don't believe it was a cold, calculated crime. She is a child who was afraid to tell her parents that she was pregnant because they wouldn't accept it. She didn't kill her parents for being closed minded bastards. Now, if she had done that, I would say she was thinking rationally and should be tried as an adult.
    you may have a point here. still, she looks pretty cold-hearted in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    you may have a point here. still, she looks pretty cold-hearted in that picture.
    She looks like a baby to me in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Pajamas View Post
    Are you saying you care about the baby who never got a chance?
    Yes.

Jeez, just cause I don't like brats yelling in a restaurant or drool on my pants, it doesn't mean I'm a monster!

Hahaha oddly enough, I would approve of that though.

How much time would a kid get for this shit though? There needs to be more than time served and probation.

Yes.

Jeez, just cause I don't like brats yelling in a restaurant or drool on my pants, it doesn't mean I'm a monster!

Hahaha oddly enough, I would approve of that though.

How much time would a kid get for this shit though? There needs to be more than time served and probation.
    Well it just depends on the state law. Here they could keep her until she is 25.

Well it just depends on the state law. Here they could keep her until she is 25.
    Hmmmm OK. I can see where that's more reasonable than giving her the chair. I mean she's a fucking baby.

She won't get any hard time though. She's white. Everyone can settle down now.

She's being tried as an adult in FL, she could get life.

I hope they do a DNA test to make sure this other 14 year old really is the father. If he isn't it could explain the mothers complete denial, could be someone in the house? Why were no family members there for her in court? They are fucked.
    She looks like a scared little kid to me in her mugshot.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    I hope they do a DNA test to make sure this other 14 year old really is the father. If he isn't it could explain the mothers complete denial, could be someone in the house? Why were no family members there for her in court? They are fucked.
    She looks like a scared little kid to me in her mugshot.

I don't doubt something is seriously wrong in that house, but I suspect it's just perfectly legal negligence and intolerance. No one teaches this girl about sex, except maybe to stress their disappointment in her if she fails them.

I don't doubt something is seriously wrong in that house, but I suspect it's just perfectly legal negligence and intolerance. No one teaches this girl about sex, except maybe to stress their disappointment in her if she fails them.
    Seriously wrong, but also seriously typical.

Seriously wrong, but also seriously typical.
    Yes, she is a great example of how the anti-sex education system totally fails.

Fucking Palins? That would be embarrassing if that family had any fucking shame. She literally showed with her own family how it doesn't work. Pathetic.

Yeah, there was a girl at one of the Catholic universities up here that gave birth to a baby in her dorm room and then put it in a plastic bag. Obviously the baby died. One of my co-workers at the time was also a student there and was discussing it as we were setting up for dinner service. I said basically that she should have just had an abortion, and her response still kills me. "ABORTION?! Are you serious?! Um, we're CATHOLICS. We don't do things like that." Then she refused to talk to me.
    I still cannot for the life of me grasp her logic.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    is this the scared little girl photo you're talking about? no way. she looks more like: 'AND wut? i don't care. i do what i want!'

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    is this the scared little girl photo you're talking about? no way. she looks more like: 'AND wut? i don't care. i do what i want!'
    That's my opinion.

I agree. She looks mean.

No way, she doesnt look mean. She doesnt necessarily look like a little angel but she does look like a baby.

Thread Information