Page 2112 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 1112 1612 2012 2062 2102 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2122 2162 ... LastLast
Results 52,776 to 52,800 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I agree. It may be that the people can't do anything about the expenses now, but they could rally their officials for later hearings to have a cap placed on what lawyers earn-or something like that. IDK. Maybe some could argue that the person is not receiving a fair trial. Personally, I just want to see how much the defense is spreading it around like Mesa has a money tree!!

As for JM's cross of Alice- I predict he will be The. exact. same. way he has been with everybody he has questioned. I just think he's high strung and gets annoyed easy.
    from what i am watching now - it sounds like judge stevens already ruled, denying the defense the ability to keep the costs sealed, so now they are appealing it, but sounds like they will just redact names and communications, but will release the $$

double post
    Last edited by Harlette; 03-27-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I have no idea why there are double post everywhere.
    Website is slooooow so people are apparently posting twice by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    Agatha said: As for why he had sex with her....it was how Jodi tried to control him. And he was not strong enough to say no. That doesn't make him a bad person. It makes him a guy who was abused and manipulated into having sex with someone he didn't care about, but couldn't get rid of. He may have enjoyed it; however, based on his behavior, I believe he was ashamed or upset with himself every time he did it. Another sign of abuse.
    -------------

Good points Agatha. You know I really don't think TA was expecting her. My guess is she slithered in like a snake unannounced and seduced him with her school girl braids. (we all know there is a point when a man can't turn back and as women we know how to work it.) I suspect it was Jodi with the fantasy of being a 12 year old having her first orgasm and she probably shared it with him. I mean look at the way she wears her hair some days!! She's 32 for godsake!
    Men are very capable of turning down sex, for a variety of reasons. There's nothing less attractive than a woman who thinks she can get her way with what's in her pants. Last I checked, that's how a whore makes a living.

They both enjoyed the sex. The pictures and emails and texts show that. It's a big reason why they stayed together and it never really ended - neither could find a sexual partner who was a better fit. Emotionally, they were not a match, but in bed they definitely were. If Travis was abused and manipulated into having sex with a woman, that would make him the first and only man in the world that's happened to.

Imagine this scenario:

Jodi shows up unannounced at Travis's house and sneaks in the door. Travis says hey Jodi, haven't seen you in a while, this is a surprise. Is everything ok? Thanks for the check, that's really nice of you. Sleep on the couch tonight, and have a safe trip to Ryan Burns' house tomorrow. He's a great guy and I think you will really get along. I'm happy for you. I'll be upstairs in my bedroom. You can't stay with me because I'm repenting with the bishop and staying chaste and looking for a wife. I'm sure Ryan would appreciate it too - save it for him. Just let yourself out in the morning, I'll be at work.

I don't think he would have died. I believe it was the combination of having sex with Jodi (she interprets this as 'he still wants me for a relationship') then telling her afterward he won't change the Cancun plans (Jodi feels jilted and use). At this point she goes through with her plan to kill him, and was lucky enough he went into the shower when no one else was in the house.

Is anyone else having a hard time getting around the thread? Stalling out, taking forever to refresh.. that sort of thing... Or is it just me?

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Is anyone else having a hard time getting around the thread? Stalling out, taking forever to refresh.. that sort of thing... Or is it just me?
    Nope. me too. Having trouble giving reps too.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchan View Post
    hi-- does anyone know.... can Juan recall ms. NafArais for his rebuttal?
    anybody???????

It's a little sluggish.....so, not only you. :)

I have a feeling the site is about to crash... I cant do anything without having to wait a long time!! My page doesnt respond, but I guess my post works lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doll-Face View Post
    I've seen this sentiment several times on here...i.e., JM needs to handle LaV carefully when he cross examines her, etc. I remember when people were saying that during Jodi's direct...about how he needed to be careful with her. Instead, JM came out with guns blazing in his cross, "this is a pic of you and your DUMB sister." lmao. I was shocked myself, but still chuckled because it was true...she DID say that about her. He might have started cross that way because he wanted Jodi off balance immediately. If so, he certainly succeeded because he put her in a cocky mood and she turned into an asshole on the stand. It was entertaining, that's for sure. And it sure debunked her wallflower, poor me attitude from direct.

As for LaV, we have to see where she's going with this testimony. I'm sure JM will handle her the same way he handles every other witness, and there's no way we can caution him either way.
    Apparently at a prior hearing, Juan Martinez tore into ALV because she claimed JA saw Travis looking at pictures of young boys on his computer and not in photos on the bed. ALV tried to claim she was mistaken and JA never made the computer claim. According to Beth Karas,the hearing was brutal and Juan really beat her up on the stand.

If this is true, they already have a somewhat antagonistic relationship that may seep over into cross. Unfortunately, if the hostility continues on cross, the jury won't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmich View Post
    You keep saying he continues to have sex with her. How many times, after she moved away, did they have sex? You make it sound like it was on a regular basis and I don't believe that's the case. There's a phone sex tape where he sounds like he's falling asleep. Then there's the day she slaughtered him. Is there evidence, other than Stabby's word/imagination, that he continued to seek her out?
    I agree. I think this is somehow multiplied in peoples minds.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    ok, caught up kinda. quick question. Are we hating not just Ms Arias now but also anyone associated with her, any one fat, with a cold sore, unattractive in a popular way, and anyone gay?
    because I think you hate me now too and that makes me a sad Panda.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    I'm not a fan of hating on people for their physical appearance. I don't think it adds anything to this thread at all.
    I agree. I don't mind us making jokes and mocking Stabby for being the psycho she is, but I don't think mocking people for their weight or sexual orientation adds anything. There are more than enough valid opportunities to mock bad defense strategies, or bumbling experts who contradict themselves and can't remember to bring exhibits, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Why would Alyce quote a secondary source like Dr. Oz? Oz is a cardiac surgeon not a research psychiatrist or neurologist? Dr. Oz best stick to endorsing nutraceuticals for rapid weight loss than implying he is an expert on the female brain. There is an entire class of stellar neuropsych researchers whose work on the female brain and the female stress response have informed practitioners. Female stress response is not fight or flight, its tend and befriend.

Female practitioners who claim to uplift women and then select substandard secondary and/or popular medical personalities to explain the females' maladaptive behavior make me crazy! This tells me that Alyce is working hard to convince the jury of JA's innocence based upon a faulty understanding of women who kill. research for women who kill is overpopulated with studies of women killing an abusive intimate partner in self defense. Well, Alyce just because JA is a killing female does not mean she is the patron saint of dv! Open you mind Alyce!

The defense asks us to believe the unbelievable. The disparity of research on women who kill equals only one explanation for JA's behavior? Could it have do with JA's poor executive functioning along with a recent decent into poverty and its resultant decrease in social status? There's so many explanations, Alyce!

Makes me wanna holler!
    Excellent points. Stellar post.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    What's a smite? Only a week in, so have no clue.
    Leaving someone negative reputation is a smite

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

anybody???????
    I'm not sure. But have no clue why he would want to. All she'll do is keep lying

Last edited by M Joy; 03-27-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC1234 View Post
    Apparently at a prior hearing, Juan Martinez tore into ALV because she claimed JA saw Travis looking at pictures of young boys on his computer and not in photos on the bed. ALV tried to claim she was mistaken and JA never made the computer claim. According to Beth Karas,the hearing was brutal and Juan really beat her up on the stand.

If this is true, they already have a somewhat antagonistic relationship that may seep over into cross. Unfortunately, if the hostility continues on cross, the jury won't understand why.
    I think she will have the same defiant attitude once JM starts. Everyone on Jodi's team oozes sweetness until they have to answer to him.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    anybody???????
    No, Juan cannot recall Stabby to the stand for his rebuttal cse. It would violate her 5th amendment rights
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TC1234 View Post

I think she will have the same defiant attitude once JM starts. Everyone on Jodi's team oozes sweetness until they have to answer to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    I love that people are coming out to defend poor poor Alice but nobody came forward defend poor Donovan.

Double standard?
    Not quite. This is one thing I have been bugged about the whole time. But as I've noticed the looks only get used when no one likes the side that person is on. It happens to every defense minded person. If they're considered pro bad side they're fat ugly gay stupid and other fun rabble rousing insults. Kind of funny.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

anybody???????
    No, Juan cannot recall Stabby to the stand for his rebuttal cse. It would violate her 5th amendment rights

Judge sure got all giddy over Alyce

[IMG]http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s621/wasthinking/Court/judgealyce_zpsb6f2d846.png[/IMG
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Yes!! Thought it was my tiny RAM laptop!

I am also having issues since I signed on an hour ago.

Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

I am also having issues since I signed on an hour ago.

It takes a bit for posts to come through, try logging out and then logging back in. If you hit "reply" again while waiting for your post to go through it double posts.

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    I definitely didn't click POST twice there????

Thread Information