View Poll Results: What will the outcome of the George Zimmerman trial be?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of 2nd degree murder

16 19.51%
  • Guilty of manslaughter

40 48.78%
  • Guilty of aggravated battery

2 2.44%
  • Guilty of culpable negligence

2 2.44%
  • Guilty of felony battery

0 0%
  • Not Guilty

16 19.51%
  • Hung Jury

6 7.32%
Page 80 of 332 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 8286

Thread: The Trayvon Martin discussion

Quote Originally Posted by PAMK View Post
    I think there is evidence of the "peril" when one drinks/uses to the point that one cannot read or write at 19. What is your definition of "recreational drugs" by the way? I have seen much evidence that that is an oxymoron, to quote one of this threads finest. I have a very good friend, an attorney with a pedigree, who is finishing his first year of a 10 year prison sentence from using alcohol...hit and killed a motorcyclist. But....he was not addicted to alcohol.

That is not an isolated case, btw. Methinks you have some first hand knowledge of the subject.
    So you're presenting your own assumptions as fact without any evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    So you're presenting your own assumptions as fact without any evidence?
    30 years of evidence. Got some spare time?

30 years of evidence. Got some spare time?
    I have my own 30 years, thank you. And just because you went through something doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

The lack of civility in this thread is distressing. Personal attacks on those with opposing views has turned very nasty
    and hateful.

My bias as a mother and grandmother based on what transpired favors the unarmed young man man who was shot dead.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

I think there is evidence of the "peril" when one drinks/uses to the point that one cannot read or write at 19. What is your definition of "recreational drugs" by the way? I have seen much evidence that that is an oxymoron, to quote one of this threads finest. I have a very good friend, an attorney with a pedigree, who is finishing his first year of a 10 year prison sentence from using alcohol...hit and killed a motorcyclist. But....he was not addicted to alcohol.

That is not an isolated case, btw. Methinks you have some first hand knowledge of the subject.
    Nowhere has it been stated, she is unable to read cursive and maybe it was just that she could not read that persons writing, you are making assumptions. She also said she speaks three languages, do you?

What does it take, THUG tatooed on your ass?

So by your own logic, you should have REFORMED THUG tattooed on your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    I don't believe this one bit. Lets see one of these alleged pictures.
    Yea.... No..... If someone decides they want to shoot and kill me the first thing their lawyer is gonna do is look at my MDS profile..... Soooo I don't think that's a good idea.

I wish I could edit but I really wish PAMKKK would just go away. Does she really think this girl drinks/uses to the point that she can't read or write? I thought it was already pointed out that English is her third language.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    I wish I could edit but I really wish PAMKKK would just go away. Does she really think this girl drinks/uses to the point that she can't read or write? I thought it was already pointed out that English is her third language.
    She's either a troll or a bona fide racist. In either case, just don't engage her anymore. Not worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    I don't think Trayvon was out of control in the beginning, but he had his guard up. Personally I think things went wrong from the start. GM was determined to check out Trayvon and when TM got out of sight and hid, GZ was more determined. TM asked why he was being followed. I think they both had their emotions up, things got crazy before anything was sorted out, a fight ensued, and we know the result.

Now, I don't want to hear back anything about GZ should have stayed in the car or GZ was out to get him because he was black. I'm just expressing my opinion.

So, what the jury sees, who knows. I don't think they'll think TM was going to beat GZ to a pulp.

Now, I don't want to hear back anything but GZ should have stayed in the damn car.

Huh? you're a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    Can you show me these life threatening injuries? Or doctors reports of any that were deemed to be life threatening? I have hit my head on the corner of the damn cabinets in my house and it bled like hell and was painful as hell but anytime that you cut your scalp it bleeds profusely. There does not seem to be much blood around the wound that killed Trayvon but he is just as dead.
    Again, he thought he was a bad ass because he knew he had the gun on his hip so when he got his nose bloodied he shot, that is NOT self defense it is murder.

This I could see leading to a shooting- not a couple of a scratches on his head

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8099/8...cd8c8664_z.jpg
    He had a lot of bumps on is head, too, as shown in the crime scene photographer s testimony yesterday. How would anyone feel after 3 or 4 bangs to the head? We have yet to hear from the E.M.T. who first examined GZ.

The thing i do find hilarious is the rush to judgement by blacks and minorities in this case. Isn't this one of the main things they are against? Everyone seems to be a lawyer, cop or judge. Why not let all the facts come out and then make a decision before we hang the guy? So much for innocent until proven guilty. The fact is, no matter what happened, George Zimmerman stood his ground. Everything else is irrelevant. Under this law, he should be found not guilty.

Also lets be honest about everything here. While it sucks that a young teenager was killed, it's not like some great student that was never in trouble at all was taken from us all. Now i am not saying wearing a hoodie is bad, but there are several instances where this guy displayed bad behavior. Is that worth being killed over? Of course not, but i am sure he would have killed Zimmerman if he had the chance. Zimmerman was an idiot for following him but what happened happened. It was self-defense for both sides and comes down to survival of the fittest. In this case, Trayvon lost.
    So when I was out for a run in my own neighborhood and was accosted by a sick pervert that then started chasing me in his car - if he would have caught up with me and I confronted him and he killed me - in your logic that was survival of the fittest? Maybe I looked suspicious running through the neighborhood and he just wanted to make sure I wasn't out causing trouble. Christ. Really?

ETA: Blech, nevermind, *youstrolling.gif* Sonofa.
    Last edited by mialynneb; 06-27-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Huh? you're a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    Nowhere has it been stated, she is unable to read cursive and maybe it was just that she could not read that persons writing, you are making assumptions. She also said she speaks three languages, do you?
    Stop the cursive writing debate. A major study was just concluded showing that a significant portion of the upcoming generation, is unable to write or read it. If necessary, they print. Penmanship is no longer taught in schools. It is a consequence of contemporary technology. It is more essential that they master the dominant means of contemporary communication. Texting, e-mails, etc. Who cares anyways? IPods have replaced the ball-point which replaced the fountain pen which replaced the ink well. The purpose is to communicate.

That may be a sad thing for us in the older generation 'cause it tells us that what we strived so hard to master is redundant. As for the younger generation, "the medium is the message." (Thank you Marshall McLuhan.) This girl is not illiterate. She is up-to-date.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by mialynneb View Post
    So when I was out for a run in my own neighborhood and was accosted by a sick pervert that then started chasing me in his car - if he would have caught up with me and I confronted him and he killed me - in your logic that was survival of the fittest? Maybe I looked suspicious running through the neighborhood and he just wanted to make sure I wasn't out causing trouble. Christ. Really?
    You got away! Tall, 17 year old Trayvon Martin could not outrun pudgy old George Zimmerman?

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    You got away! Tall, 17 year old Trayvon Martin could not outrun pudgy old George Zimmerman?
    He wasn't pudgey when this happened. We've already covered what would happen if TM ran. He'd be accused of being REALLY suspicious.

Besides, I didn't realize it was a fucking rule that you had to run when someone confronts you. I don't run.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    He wasn't pudgey when this happened. We've already covered what would happen if TM ran. He'd be accused of being REALLY suspicious.

Besides, I didn't realize it was a fucking rule that you had to run when someone confronts you. I don't run.
    i don't either. i've always been taught that when you notice someone following you, you should make it apparent that you know that they are there and awit until they pass so that they no longer have the element of surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

No kidding. He was a lot more in shape than what he is now at the trial. Evidently when it's fight or flight, I'm Usain Bolt

Huh? you're a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i don't either. i've always been taught that when you notice someone following you, you should make it apparent that you know that they are there and awit until they pass so that they no longer have the element of surprise.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

he ran until he was abut 100 ft from his house and thought he lost him, i guess he was wrong for not running all the way?

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    He had a lot of bumps on is head, too, as shown in the crime scene photographer s testimony yesterday. How would anyone feel after 3 or 4 bangs to the head? We have yet to hear from the E.M.T. who first examined GZ.
    He had a bwoody nose and some boo-boos on his head...if Trayvon had wanted to do some serious damage to GZ his face would have been smashed to a pulp and if he had been "smashing GZ's head onto the concrete" do you think GZ would have walked away with those little scratches? GZ was getting beat up like 10 year olds beat each other up at recess every day...if he hadn't been packing a weapon that's all it would have been. But he was, and TM ended up dead.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    He had a bwoody nose and some boo-boos on his head...if Trayvon had wanted to do some serious damage to GZ his face would have been smashed to a pulp and if he had been "smashing GZ's head onto the concrete" do you think GZ would have walked away with those little scratches? GZ was getting beat up like 10 year olds beat each other up at recess every day...if he hadn't been packing a weapon that's all it would have been. But he was, and TM ended up dead.
    Especially for beating him a good 20 times and having his mouth covered by Trayvon's hands so he couldn't call for help

Huh? you're a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    I'm in love with his voice. His opening is powerful.

Zimmerman looks like a sullen teenager who got put in a time out.
    Would you more pleased if GZ sat there with a toothy grin on his face?

this was george the day after - he was not pudgy then and trained in MMA, and i posted the medical report a few pages back and they said on his head he just had a few superficial cuts that did not need stitched. and this pick is taken right where everything went down - idk - looks to me like he might have run into that tree?? especially since it turns out there was no grass or dirt on the back of his clothes at all - even though was held down and beaten

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post

this was george the day after - he was not pudgy then and trained in MMA, and i posted the medical report a few pages back and they said on his head he just had a few superficial cuts that did not need stitched. and this pick is taken right where everything went down - idk - looks to me like he might have run into that tree?? especially since it turns out there was no grass or dirt on the back of his clothes at all - even though was held down and beaten
    Let's not forget the lack of George's DNA anywhere on Trayvon. WHICH IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE IF HE SUPPOSEDLY BEAT HIS ASS.

You are just dead on, 'effen right. It is a basic assumption in Law that flight is an indication of guilt. Prosecutors bring that up in almost every trial. Had he run and then been shot, the presumption would have been that he was guilty of something. This boy had nothing to feel guilty about but was probably afraid that somebody would conclude that, if he ran, someone would think he did have. The only reason he had to run was fear. Remember 'Fight or Flight? Martin was being stalked by Zimmerman. Obviously, he didn't flee far or fast enough and he couldn't put up much of a fight against a creep with a gun that challenged him for being in a place where he had every right to be.

Geez!
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Thread Information