Thread: Nanny Yoselyn Ortega (50), stabbed Lulu (6) and Leo (2) Krim to death and put their bodies in a bathtub

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wonder how many emt's or dr's have ever been in the situation of saving a person that they know killed someone, let alone a child or two like in this article, but I wonder how hard it is for medics to keep their feelings in check to still save that person?

Holy shitty sentence but I couldnt figure out how to word it.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I wonder how many emt's or dr's have ever been in the situation of saving a person that they know killed someone, let alone a child or two like in this article, but I wonder how hard it is for medics to keep their feelings in check to still save that person?

Holy shitty sentence but I couldnt figure out how to word it.
    Oh, it happens. Rescue workers and hospital staff don't always know when they have the bad guy in front of them. Most of the time they find out after the fact. And if they do, it doesn't matter, their job is to try to save lives. I'm sure there are immoral and unethical people who practice medicine, but I think the majority will still try to save the life of the offender.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Oh, it happens. Rescue workers and hospital staff don't always know when they have the bad guy in front of them. Most of the time they find out after the fact. And if they do, it doesn't matter, their job is to try to save lives. I'm sure there are immoral and unethical people who practice medicine, but I think the majority will still try to save the life of the offender.
    That would be the hardest job ever. To try and save the life of a person who did something horrendous to another person. I know it's their job but I wonder how much it weighs on their minds?

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    That would be the hardest job ever. To try and save the life of a person who did something horrendous to another person. I know it's their job but I wonder how much it weighs on their minds?
    Yeah, I don't know. That is something I've never discussed with any other medical professional. We have a douchbag in my community. He kills cats and puts them on peoples cars, slashes tires, jumps out in front of us in the fire trucks and ambulance. He's had swat out here several times, walks around with a machete and gun strapped to his back. He tells everyone that his house is booby trapped. He's called 911 twice. Once for a bellyache and once for getting shot. ha
    I treated him just like I would any other patient. When he was shot we even called the medivac and he got a helicopter ride. That was two years ago and his shenanigans continue. He threatened my life back in June when we had the storm damage. If he called 911 tonight, I'd be there. Now, he hasn't killed anyone (yet), but I like to think that if he did do something horrendous, I would keep my professional judgment.
    When I worked in the clinic, we would get prisoners coming in in their jumpsuits and handcuffs. I treated them just like any other patient that walked in the door. It's my job. I couldn't live with myself if I let someone die. I don't care if they are an asshole murderer. I don't want that on my hands. I've heard that other people want to save asshats so they can let the justice system take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Yeah, I don't know. That is something I've never discussed with any other medical professional. We have a douchbag in my community. He kills cats and puts them on peoples cars, slashes tires, jumps out in front of us in the fire trucks and ambulance. He's had swat out here several times, walks around with a machete and gun strapped to his back. He tells everyone that his house is booby trapped. He's called 911 twice. Once for a bellyache and once for getting shot. ha
    I treated him just like I would any other patient. When he was shot we even called the medivac and he got a helicopter ride. That was two years ago and his shenanigans continue. He threatened my life back in June when we had the storm damage. If he called 911 tonight, I'd be there. Now, he hasn't killed anyone (yet), but I like to think that if he did do something horrendous, I would keep my professional judgment.
    When I worked in the clinic, we would get prisoners coming in in their jumpsuits and handcuffs. I treated them just like any other patient that walked in the door. It's my job. I couldn't live with myself if I let someone die. I don't care if they are an asshole murderer. I don't want that on my hands. I've heard that other people want to save asshats so they can let the justice system take care of them.
    I can see that. I can see why a personw ouldnt want that on their conscience and let the justice system take care of it.

Thread Information