Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIES: The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead Discussions

ZOMBIES: The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead Discussions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE

Honestly, I cannot wait for this show to begin. While it may not break any ground story-wise, it looks like AMC is putting a lot of effort into making the show something worth watching and also staying very close to the source material.

My only concern is that premiering it on Halloween night may not garner a high rating due to most of its demographic being out and about.

With Mad Men, Breaking Bad and now this, though, it looks like AMC is becoming one of the better channels to watch.

Thoughts?
    "Few other griefs amid the ill-chances of this world have more bitterness and sting to a man's heart than to behold the love of a woman so fair and brave that cannot be returned."

Re: The Walking Dead tv series

I'll be watching! I need to remember to set my DVR!

I cannot wait for it to begin. I read the comic and it's really good.

I am SOOO glad to see this thread!  I started seeing promos for the show about a year ago, I think, and when I could never find it on my Comcast, I assumed it was some "regional" show and not available in our area.  I thought I'd have to wait and buy the series on DVD to see it. 

Thanks for posting the preview! 

Yep, definitely DVR'ing this one.  I'm sure it will be my new favorite show...and give me goddamned nightmares so vivid I'll be afraid to go to sleep at night  :oops:

I'll be so happy once I get cable and can actually watch tv sometimes instead of my DVD's  :lol:

This show looks pretty interesting!

I'm going to eventually download episodes (in addition to watching on AMC) as they become available and I'll broadcast them on my jtv channel as part of my Thursday lineup. So if you don't have cable or no way of viewing it otherwise, you'll have an option. PM me for my channel address.
    "Few other griefs amid the ill-chances of this world have more bitterness and sting to a man's heart than to behold the love of a woman so fair and brave that cannot be returned."

It's coming back Oct. 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    It's coming back Oct. 16th.
    All the original creators have been fired and to cut down on budget it's going to be largely filmed indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    All the original creators have been fired and to cut down on budget it's going to be largely filmed indoors.
    Well, that's a slight killjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    Well, that's a slight killjoy.
    Yeah, from what I've read, I don't see it making another season. It's all shitty network decisions. I don't get when people deliberately try to make a bad show because they want to get more money. IT NEVER WORKS.

I thought the show tonight was pretty good for a season opener, set up plots for the next few episodes and the season. Could have done without the shitty movie trailers and Chris Hardwick, but meh.

For anyone who missed the first season's episodes, you can watch them here http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2490619-The-Walking-Dead . It's free, no sign-up. I recommend using putlocker or sockshare as the best link choice. They load well and don't time out on you. You will also be able to find the new season there also, after tonight.

I enjoyed the first season even though the story was changed from the original comic. I found another good zombie t.v mini-series called, "Dead Set" on the site. It is based on the British version of Big Brother show when the zombie apocalypse hits.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Quote Originally Posted by poppy213 View Post
    For anyone who missed the first season's episodes, you can watch them here http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2490619-The-Walking-Dead . It's free, no sign-up. I recommend using putlocker or sockshare as the best link choice. They load well and don't time out on you. You will also be able to find the new season there also, after tonight.

I enjoyed the first season even though the story was changed from the original comic. I found another good zombie t.v mini-series called, "Dead Set" on the site. It is based on the British version of Big Brother show when the zombie apocalypse hits.
    Dead Set was pretty good. I should get my hard drive out of storage and watch it again.

Last nights episode was pretty good, but Shane just needs to die already. The little girl that was lost could be eaten as well for all I care.

Off topic, Capn in particular, have you read Garth Ennis's Crossed? Definitely the most disturbing graphic novel I've ever read. The comic book store guys warned me but I was all cocky.

I liked the season premiere, Although a few little things had me kind of annoyed. Everyone in the theater seemed to enjoy it, I didn't hear anyone having a negative comment about the show. Then again, I think 95% of the people there were drunk or nearly drunk by the end of the show, so maybe that is why.

ETA:
    AMC's hit zombies series "The Walking Dead" had a record breaking debut for Season 2 on Sunday.

Pulling in 7.3 million total viewers for the premiere, the series attracted 11 million total viewers when including the 10:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. encores. The numbers were a 38 percent increase -- 36 percent in 18-49 (4.8 million) and 35 percent in 25-54 (4.2 million) -- compared to Season 1's premiere in total viewers.

“The Walking Dead is one of those rare television programs that reaches both a core genre fan as well as broad audiences simply looking for a great, character-based story,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “That 'The Walking Dead' is now the most-watched drama in the history of basic cable is staggering, just like our zombies.”

The previous cable record holder was USA Network’s "The Dead Zone," which in June 2002 scored 4.0 million in 18-49 and 4.1 million in 25-54.

The network will split the show's expanded 13-episode season this year. Six episodes will follow the premiere, with the remaining six airing starting Feb. 12, 2012.
    http://www.rabiddoll.com/node/1928/t...ings-gold.html
    Last edited by boogieman; 10-17-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Off topic, Capn in particular, have you read Garth Ennis's Crossed? Definitely the most disturbing graphic novel I've ever read. The comic book store guys warned me but I was all cocky.
    I haven't heard of Crossed, but it sounds pretty intense.

Wiki
    "In Family Values, the story centers on a religious family who escapes their Utah ranch to survive in a mountain compound led by the protagonist Addy's father, who, while being a strong leader against the Crossed, is a sexual predator who has routinely raped his daughters."

I wonder what other kind of dark shit lurks in the brilliant mind of Ennis.

I feel like you have mentioned Crossed before, Bowie. My intrigue is growing.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I feel like you have mentioned Crossed before, Bowie. My intrigue is growing.
    I genuinely don't recommend it. It was just sort of sickening.

I genuinely don't recommend it. It was just sort of sickening.
    Worse than Anne Rice with her A. N. Roquelaure pseudonym and the Sleeping Beauty trilogy?

Worse than Anne Rice with her A. N. Roquelaure pseudonym and the Sleeping Beauty trilogy?
    I wouldn't know because I think Ann Rice is a horrible writer, but these are just graphic, disturbing, ugly, and with no redeeming storyline at all. Great for people who want to have nightmares and kill themselves.

I had to put the first book down and take a shower.

Well, the 'zombie' virus in this is just something that makes all the infected people absolutely hideously depraved: rapists, murderers, torturers, everything absolutely revolting one could be inspired to do to another person. And that includes children/babies.

Well, the 'zombie' virus in this is just something that makes all the infected people absolutely hideously depraved: rapists, murderers, torturers, everything absolutely revolting one could be inspired to do to another person. And that includes children/babies.

Yeah, I am not so sure I could hang with that.

Yeah, I am not so sure I could hang with that.
    Honestly, it go to everyone I know who has seen it. My best friend works one day a week at a comic book store and says she tells people not to buy it. I never need to pick up the other issues he's done of that particular line, and I love Ennis.

Aaaand now I am back to intrugued.

There is a comic book store not too far from here, maybe I will just check it out..

Thread Information