Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Woman (Carrie O'Connor, 38) Killed in Gruesome Elevator Accident in Boston

Woman (Carrie O'Connor, 38) Killed in Gruesome Elevator Accident in Boston

https://www.facebook.com/carrie.oconnor.100

https://toofab.com/2020/09/15/boston...ator-accident/

"I heard probably one of the worst screams I have ever heard in my life."

UPDATE 9/15/2020 3:36 PM

The victim was identified by Boston police as Carrie O'Connor, a 38-year-old lecturer of French at Boston University.

Investigators said she died of "traumatic asphyxia", and that her death was accidental.

A neighbor, Leanne Scorzoni, told the Boston Globe how a man had warned O'Connor about the elevator as she was trying to fit a heavy box into it.

"I heard it, he saw everything," she said. "He was helping her with a box into the building, and he was going up the stairs, and he had told her, 'Hey, just be careful because it's an old fashioned [elevator].'

"I don't know what type of elevator it is, but you have to pull the door across and then step in and then press the button. However, if you have something in there, it can trigger a sensor. And I believe, he told me, he believes that whatever she was trying to get in there, hit the sensor and then it started moving."

"So he was walking up the staircase and was just talking to her. And he just said, 'Oh, I don't think that's gonna fit in there.' And then she's like, 'Oh, I'll try it one more time.'"

"And then I heard her screaming, and I heard him screaming."

"I thought someone had fallen down the staircase. When I looked at the elevator, it was not there. Only the ceiling of the car was on my floor, so all the cables were there."

ORIGINAL STORY 9/15/2020 8:06 AM

A woman in her 30s has been killed in an elevator accident in Boston.

Emergency crews responded to reports of a resident trapped inside an elevator at an apartment building on Commonwealth Avenue in Allston at 5:15 PM on Monday.

But when they arrived, they found her dead at the scene.

Witnesses claim the woman, who had recently moved into the building, had been trying to place a package into the elevator when it suddenly dropped between floors.

Medics did not reveal the extent of her injuries, only that she suffered from "trauma".

Neighbors reported hearing an "ungodly scream"; one witness had to be hospitalized after suffering a panic attack.

"I heard probably one of the worst screams I have ever heard in my life," Leanne Scorzoni, who lives on the first floor and ran out to help, told WHDH. "I heard the gentleman screaming and hyperventilating saying, 'She's dead, she's dead.'"

"The ceiling of the car was right at my level, which is the first floor, below us is the basement, so the car had gone all the way down or at least halfway down because I couldn't see her at all. Just the cables."

"It's just a terrible accident and a terrible tragedy... I wouldn't wish that on anybody."

Another neighbor, Eric Carmichael, said his wife was home at the time and also tried to help, before realizing there was nothing she could do.

"She heard a woman in distress and sort of tried to help her out as a neighbor," he said. "But there was, you know, she couldn't really help out that lady."

"She didn't want to tell me the details because it was kind of gruesome."

The building dates back to the 1920s, per Boston25.

"[It's a] terrible old elevator that should have been probably kept up better," Carmichael said, "led to the loss of a life."

A third neighbor, Nevada Foskit, said he returned home but was not allowed into the building for 90 minutes, after the building manager told him the elevator was stuck between the basement and the first floor.

He said in his 18 months living there, the elevator had never had any issues.

"Five feet in front of my door is the elevator so it's very creepy," he added.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...dent_in_Boston
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 10-26-2020 at 06:46 PM.

I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of this.

Was she decapitated? Was her body still in the elevator?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of this.

Was she decapitated? Was her body still in the elevator?
    I'm thinking it was more of a positional asphyxiation. She was probably crushed between the heavy box and the elevator door.

Would she be able to scream like that if she was being asphyxiated? Of course she couldn't scream like that if she was decapitated either.... yeah, I don't know and I don't really want to think too hard about it....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Would she be able to scream like that if she was being asphyxiated? Of course she couldn't scream like that if she was decapitated either.... yeah, I don't know and I don't really want to think too hard about it....
    Apparently you can talk (and maybe even scream) if you're being asphyxiated https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ou-Can-Breathe

I suppose it would give you something to do in the last seconds of your life.

I need a re-enactment. I'm not getting how it happened

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    I need a re-enactment. I'm not getting how it happened
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

This made me laugh wayyyy tooooooo much!!

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    you bitch ahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    We're both going to hell. I'm driving the bus.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

We're so gonna get yelled at by family or friends.
    I laughed so hard at cc

New details revealed in death of Boston University professor crushed by elevator

https://nypost.com/2020/10/25/new-de...d-by-elevator/

The Boston University professor crushed to death by an elevator in her apartment building last month was partly done in by a large package she was carrying at the time, state inspectors found.

The 7-and-a-half-foot-tall box hit a switch that sent the elevator plummeting while the door was still open — and Carrie O’Connor, 38, fell down the shaft, ultimately leading to her death on Sept. 14, according to a report by the Massachusetts Office of Public Safety and Inspections.

The French lecturer’s body was found pinned between the elevator and the wall of the shaft.

Inspector Martin Guiod said the 60-year-old elevator — a “birdcage” style lift that requires the occupant to close the gate manually — did not malfunction during the tragic accident, according to his report obtained by local outlets.

Inspectors reviewed video from inside O’Connor’s building that showed her trying to move the nearly 80-pound package into the elevator, The Boston Globe reported.

While she was inside the lift, a maintenance person in the basement pressed the call button — signaling to the system to send the elevator down as soon as the interior gate was closed, according to the report.

Footage showed the package then bumping the car gate switch — mistakenly indicating that the door was closed — and the elevator began to drop with the interior gate open.

As O’Connor lost control of the box, it slipped off the switch, halting the elevator’s descent. But when she then lifted the package again, according to the video, it hit the switch once more.

She then disappeared from view on the footage, indicating “that she had fallen backwards into the hoistway between the 1st floor and basement floor,” the report said.

An autopsy showed that O’Connor died of “traumatic asphyxiation.”

Her death shocked the building’s inhabitants.

“I heard someone that was bringing in a package out in the hallway, and then I heard an ungodly scream,” resident Leanne Scorzoni told the ABC-TV affiliate at the time.

“Then we ran out into the hallway, and we saw a gentleman who was obviously in distress. He was screaming and hyperventilating, saying, ‘She’s dead! She’s dead!’ ”

I'm not sure that's not worse. Rather than a tragic malfunction... Operating as designed.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This makes more sense now.
    Sometimes, being stubborn can cause your death

This is terrifying....if the switch was that easily bumped by a box, surely a kid could do it?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    This is terrifying....if the switch was that easily bumped by a box, surely a kid could do it?
    Yeah, that was my first thought. How exposed and easy was this switch to flip? It's kind of disturbing.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I found a re-creation of the accident. Starts at 2:21.
    https://youtu.be/56OpXfS-AMo
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I wanna know what was in that box!?

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    So do I. I would have never tried to put a box that big on a elevator.

"It's my dick in a box!"

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I found a re-creation of the accident. Starts at 2:21.
    https://youtu.be/56OpXfS-AMo
    Kinda surprised they didn't include the blood waterfall elevator

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...uot-bleed-quot

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Kinda surprised they didn't include the blood waterfall elevator

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...uot-bleed-quot
    I went to that thread hoping to see the video. Only pics

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Has anyone found out what was in the box? I bet it was from Amazon or Wayfair. I'm afraid of escalators. I don't know why. Poor lady, what a horrific way to go.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Has anyone found out what was in the box? I bet it was from Amazon or Wayfair. I'm afraid of escalators. I don't know why. Poor lady, what a horrific way to go.
    I agree on the escalators. Not only have I always been afraid of a bunch of interlocking metal teeth coming right at me, but now that I have zero balance or equilibrium from the MS it's like being forced on to an amusement park ride against my will. Add juggling luggage in to the mix and it's a nightmare for me.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information