Thread: Brookelyn Farthing (18) is Missing After Mysterious Fire

Brookelyn Farthing (18) is Missing After Mysterious Fire

Brookelyn Farthing Missing: Kentucky Teen Disappeared After Mysterious Fire

A Kentucky teen was reported missing on Saturday after a couch fire erupted, consuming the entire floor beneath it.

Police don't know if the fire at a Berea, Ky., home had anything to do with the disappearance of Brookelyn Farthing, 18, but they said it is "suspicious" and are still investigating the incident, according to ABC News.

Authorities told ABC the home belonged to a friend of Farthing's ex-boyfriend and the teen was thought to have been staying there.

"This family needs her," Farthing's stepfather, Randal Walker, told WKYT. "This family's not whole without her."

The man Farthing was staying with told police he left the home and, when he returned, she was gone. Many of her possessions were still at the house, according to WKYT.

"I want God's will to be done, and I want Brooke found, and I think it's God's will that Brooke be found," Walker told WTVQ. "It's not just us, if someone's got her, it's not just us that you'll have to pay, it's God."

Anyone with information on Farthing's whereabouts is asked to call Kentucky State Police at (859) 623-2404 or 1-800 222-5555.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...tml?ref=topbar

Brookelyn's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brookelyn.farthing

Facebook "Missing" Page: https://www.facebook.com/MissingBrookelynFarthing

Been reading a bit more on this. Apparently the house where the fire started had no electricity for the past few weeks so authorities are unsure as to how the fire could have began accidentally (i.e. lamp being knocked onto the sofa etc.)
    Also Brooke's belongings and backpack were found in the house, but her mobile phone is missing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ouch-fire.html

To throw a theory out there, perhaps something happened to Brooke on that couch and it was torched to conceal evidence?

Maybe she started it and is now just scared?
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    Maybe she started it and is now just scared?
    I hope it's something like that! It's a bit of an over reaction, but people have done sillier things for less.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbSisterAngela View Post
    I hope it's something like that! It's a bit of an over reaction, but people have done sillier things for less.
    Would be nice to see a kid return alive.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "it is what it is!"

Would be nice to see a kid return alive.

Amen to that!

Dammit. I read that as "farting"

Hope she is safe, that she is out there just scared. But even then, I'm sure she's read or heard about her family wanting her back, so she knows the couch fire is not important to them as much as her returning is, so her not returning yet is making me worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Dammit. I read that as "farting"

Hope she is safe, that she is out there just scared. But even then, I'm sure she's read or heard about her family wanting her back, so she knows the couch fire is not important to them as much as her returning is, so her not returning yet is making me worried.
    I continue to read it as "farting." and I am getting annoyed with myself. I hope she does return safe as well.
    "it is what it is!"

I continue to read it as "farting." and I am getting annoyed with myself. I hope she does return safe as well.

I thought reading it as 'farting' was just me but I see it's getting some us. I hope DumbSisterAngela's theory is incorrect, but it is a possibility.

ex-boyfriend's home, no electricity. i hate to say it, but - she's probably gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    ex-boyfriend's home, no electricity. i hate to say it, but - she's probably gone.
    Yep. Time to find the boyfriend and find out what he knows.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Yep. Time to find the boyfriend and find out what he knows.
    taken from above:

The man Farthing was staying with told police he left the home and, when he returned, she was gone. Many of her possessions were still at the house, according to WKYT.
    they know who she was staying with, and he's not disappeared.

"This family needs her," Farthing's stepfather, Randal Walker, told WKYT. "This family's not whole without her."

"I want God's will to be done, and I want Brooke found, and I think it's God's will that Brooke be found," Walker told WTVQ. "It's not just us, if someone's got her, it's not just us that you'll have to pay, it's God."
    but then again, there's a step father making statements instead of the mother... the girl left home to live with an ex-boyfriend in a squat house? sounds like the step dad is a god freak too.

video of the vigil they held here (news report): http://www.lex18.com/news/hundreds-a...prettyPhoto/0/

i'm going with the creepy step dad.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Yeah, it's rare that girls are ever to blame (aside from the little twats who killed their best friend for no good damn reason). It's always some dumbass dude who's either a jilted asshole ex or a pervy bf/stepfather. And the moms just put up with this shit, thinking the whole time "my life revolves around my boyfriend/new husband/piece of shit" instead of their own progeny. Obviously these bitches have their priorities straight. And you got to watch the god freaks. They're the ones who have the alibi "Jesus told me to, she was fornicatin' with that boy 'cross the street! I had to kill 'er!" Bastards.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I read that she was staying with her ex-boyfriend's friend, not the ex-boyfriend. Still, pretty weird. If there was no electricity, maybe a candle was lit and that's what caused the fire? I'm still up in the air about what happened to her. Either she caused the fire and freaked out & bounced, or maybe the ex-boyfriend went to visit his friend, saw his ex-girlfriend was living with his friend & went crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Authorities are asking people in a four-county area to pay attention to "freshly-turned earth" and "unusual smells." That can't be good.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/02/2...lics-help.html

State police seek help to find missing Madison County woman

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/02/2...#storylink=cpy

(July 2, 2013) The Richmond post of Kentucky State Police asked for the public's help to locate a missing Madison County woman.

Brookelyn Farthing, 18, of the Big Hill section of southeastern Madison County was reported missing on June 22. She reportedly was last seen wearing a gray Madison County FFA T-shirt and denim shorts.

KSP asked that property owners in Estill, Jackson, Rockcastle and Madison counties check their properties for any sign of the missing woman. Particular attention should be paid to freshly turned earth and unusual smells, ditch lines and remote areas. If a property owner finds something unusual, police ask that they not disturb the site.

A search Friday of about 800 acres didn't turn up any signs of Farthing, said Trooper Paul Blanton, spokesman for the Richmond post.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact KSP at (859) 623-2404 or toll free at 1-800-222-5555, or text a tip at 67283.

(Facebook photo)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I wonder what information they already have. There must have been something that would make them ask property owners to be aware of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

This doesn't look good.

A Kentucky teenager who vanished after a suspicious house fire sent a string of texts to friends just before she disappeared, her stepfather told The Huffington Post on Tuesday.

Brookelyn Farthing, 18, was last seen June 22 at a home in Berea, a small city located about 40 miles south of Lexington. The morning Farthing disappeared, the home she was visiting was damaged by a small fire.

Prior to the fire, Farthing sent several text messages, including one that said, “I’m scared,” according to her stepfather, Randall Walker.

"She started texting people to pick her up and give her a ride home," Walker told HuffPost. "She was texting her ex-fiance -- they were separated but still friends. He was at work and she texted him that he needed to come get her when he got off work. At 4:26 that morning, she texted him to hurry 'because I'm scared.'"

According to Walker, investigators told him that hours before the text message was sent, Farthing attended a party with a friend. She was supposed to ride home with that friend after the party, but the two got into an argument and the girl left without her.

"Another friend of hers was drunk and needed to get home," Walker said. "A gentleman known to Brookelyn's ex-fiance was at the party and he offered her his vehicle to give the boy a ride home."

From what information Walker has been able to gather from investigators, Farthing purportedly drove her friend home in the man's vehicle and then had to bring the vehicle back to the man's house — a home with no electricity that was in foreclosure.

It was not long after Farthing arrived at the man's home that she started to text friends about needing a ride.

"There was another text was sent from Brookelyn's phone at 5:30 a.m., an hour before her ex-fiance was to get off work and come pick her up. The text said, 'Never mind, I'm okay. I'm going to a party in Rockcastle County,'" Walker said.

"I do not believe that was a text from Brookelyn," he continued. "I think something had already happened between the time she sent the text [in which she said] that she was afraid and that text. She had plans for the next day and would not have gone off to another party," Walker said.

At about 7 a.m., the owner of the home Farthing was visiting called the fire department and reported a blaze inside the home. The fire was extinguished before it got out of control, leaving a burned couch and a hole in the floor, police said.

Farthing was not inside the home when firefighters arrived on the scene. The homeowner allegedly told police that he had to leave and take care of a horse that morning. According to police, he said that, when he left, Farthing was sitting on the couch smoking. When he returned, she was gone and the couch was on fire.

Walker said something about the fire doesn't add up. "I don’t believe Brookelyn set that fire," he said. "I think the fire was set to throw people off."

Trooper Robert Purdy, a Kentucky State Police spokesperson, said the fire plays a key role in the investigation into Farthing's disappearance, but did not elaborate. "The fire is a pretty integral detail in that investigation," he told HuffPost.

Aside from the texts and the fire, Walker said he finds it disturbing that some of his stepdaughter's belongings were found inside the home.

"She would dress up and she always made sure she had everything with her. She wanted to look good at all times," he said. "When Brookelyn went missing from that house, all her stuff — her cowboy boots and her dress clothes — was still there. Everything except her phone and the clothes she had on. She would not have left her clothes behind, so I know something happened there at that house."

The owner of the home where Farthing was last seen did not respond to a request for comment from HuffPost.

that sounds like a good type of detail to give the police: she always had a ton of shit with her everywhere she went. she wouldn't leave it and go. also, with the - nevermind, i'm going to a party (at 5:30 in the morning)?

fucking 'take my car to drop off your drunk friend and then drop it off at my squat house' is a very devious plan.

Thread Information