Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Hell, i'd be on board with rubber pellets or actually paintballs even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    We've always had resource officers at our schools, but they weren't armed.

What about some rubber pellets instead of bullets? All of the gun owners can shoot rubber at each other and get to play with their guns, but no one dies.
    We actually had a girl here killed that way after a Red Sox game. Got shot right in the eye for walking down the street.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    We've always had resource officers at our schools, but they weren't armed.

What about some rubber pellets instead of bullets? All of the gun owners can shoot rubber at each other and get to play with their guns, but no one dies.
    That's actually pretty solid. I support this. Where do I sign?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by missbad View Post
    I cant imagine armed guards in schools,makes me kinda nauseous.
    So some states actually have armed mall,carnival,and concert guards?
    There are armed guards at a couple malls in the area. I don't know if they're actually within Detroit city limits, but they're close enough to need them.

Most of the banks in Detroit have them, as well as metal detectors.

The surrounding suburbs don't have either, but they don't really need them.

And just so everyone is clear on one thing, a handgun isnt neccessarily expensive. I bought my 9mm for 170$ plus the 10$ screening fee.

Some of my rifles were well over 600 and one of my nicest ones is worth almost 2000$.

As a gun owner when I see a gun, Im not looking at the gun as a killing machine. I just realized that when I look at guns, my first thoughts are what the caliber is, is it heavy, is it light, how spongy is the trigger and then how I feel holding it up to my shoulder. If you are hunting, it has to be comfortable to use.
    I also tend to like guns that are detailed with designs, that's the girl in me. I like gold and silver on my guns, I also love the nice expensive scopes and the quality they put out.

Now, take away the girl part and that jazz and imagine adam looking at those same guns. He's not thinking about killing deer, he's thinking about how he can wipe as many people out as possible.

Most people when looking at guns, take their time because they want the right one. I like the idea of only having gun dealers, REAL gun shops selling firearms. I think the environement around the employees needs to be somewhat calm and maybe even a joke here and there. The reason being is that when someone walks into that shop, the salesman should be able to catch a vibe off that person. Does this person seem a little off? Do they look angry/pissed off? What is their demeanor like?

Salesman could be a key factor in these purchases. Yes, im stretching it but it is something to think about. I would imagine a crazy person going straight to a cerain firearm and then saying 'ok, ill take it' and that's it.

We need to have our eyes open to some of these people and deny them the sales.

Our mayor literally said that the NRA's suggestion is "insanity." I am so proud right now.

And the school chancellor said hell no, not happening. (whew)

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    As a gun owner when I see a gun, Im not looking at the gun as a killing machine. I just realized that when I look at guns, my first thoughts are what the caliber is, is it heavy, is it light, how spongy is the trigger and then how I feel holding it up to my shoulder. If you are hunting, it has to be comfortable to use.
    I also tend to like guns that are detailed with designs, that's the girl in me. I like gold and silver on my guns, I also love the nice expensive scopes and the quality they put out.
    That is literally ALL I see. that's why I don't want to be near it, no matter who is in "control" of it. Cop or otherwise.

Now, take away the girl part and that jazz and imagine adam looking at those same guns. He's not thinking about killing deer, he's thinking about how he can wipe as many people out as possible.

Most people when looking at guns, take their time because they want the right one. I like the idea of only having gun dealers, REAL gun shops selling firearms. I think the environement around the employees needs to be somewhat calm and maybe even a joke here and there. The reason being is that when someone walks into that shop, the salesman should be able to catch a vibe off that person. Does this person seem a little off? Do they look angry/pissed off? What is their demeanor like?

Salesman could be a key factor in these purchases. Yes, im stretching it but it is something to think about. I would imagine a crazy person going straight to a cerain firearm and then saying 'ok, ill take it' and that's it.

We need to have our eyes open to some of these people and deny them the sales.
    How is this a problem!??! They're not selling car stereos, and it's time to act like it.

FTR the guy from the Ft. Hood shooting went to the store and asked about what magazines held the most bullets. I think (not positive) he asked what he needed to fire the most shots without needing to reload.

That should be a red flag, but then gun people want to point out that multiple intruders could be storming their house, or they may need to kill 30 deer in under 5 seconds.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Hell, i'd be on board with rubber pellets or actually paintballs even better.
    Yes, this. And freeze the paintballs before you load them, so that they really fucking hurt. OR, bean bag rifles. I want one of those soooo hard! Shoots a bean bag at you at 500 plus feet per second. That'll change an assholes attitude really damn quick.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

And like I said in my post, these salespeople need to change how they look at people. Im sorry but if you are a tweeker and you look like you have been up for a week strong on a huge binge than I want to see that gun dealer say 'hey, now isnt the right time, we don't feel comfy selling a gun to you' and then point to his 'we can refuse to sell anyone a firearm if there is any suspicion of an illegal act'.

People need to quit being so nice to each other when it cmes to the subject of guns. I don't care if some guy walks up to me and says 'HEY, YOU WENT THRU SOME SERIOUS SHIT THIS YEAR AND WE DONT FEEL COMFORTBALE WITH YOU HAVING FIREARMS'.

Go for it. Take them away until you think Im safe. Im all for it.

Refuse to sell to people who make comments such as the guy you just posted about. Assault rifles have no place in any community other than in the military, so why do we need them? It's gun enthusiasts that take it too far but with that said, damage can be done with handguns as well, the only difference is that handguns are unloading maybe 10 bullets repeatedly while an assault rifle is unloading 100's.

There is absolutely no reason for it. And actually, no gun dealers shouldnt be side eyeing the fuck outta the people with the desire to own an assault rifle because they shouldnt have those assault rifles in their stores!! Get them out of my community, I don't want them here, not at all and more people need to be on board with this.

People need to quit being so nice to each other when it cmes to the subject of guns. I don't care if some guy walks up to me and says 'HEY, YOU WENT THRU SOME SERIOUS SHIT THIS YEAR AND WE DONT FEEL COMFORTBALE WITH YOU HAVING FIREARMS'.

Go for it. Take them away until you think Im safe. Im all for it.
    Most people start that "from my cold dead hands"shit when you mention that.

PCP, I wanna ask if you would still have guns if you lived in Angela's building. Hypothetically, cause it would be illegal.
    But if you could have them legally here (in a place where she feels fine without them) would you want them?

ETA: Asking all gun owners actually. You feel to need them where you live, would you want them ANYWHERE you lived?

Bloomberg is on now talking about going to too many cop funerals. This is why he wants gun control, because of things like that. What do people think about that? Last I heard, cops can have guns.

And apparently even if you're on the "no-fly" list, you can still buy a gun?? According to him this is because of the NRA's bitching.

I will still look this up, but he's not a Republican so I don't think he'd tell an outright lie like that.

I can answer for myself and im not sure if I would. Maybe a handgun for protection but that's my mind set. I wouldnt be hunting there so i wouldnt have the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Most people start that "from my cold dead hands"shit when you mention that.

PCP, I wanna ask if you would still have guns if you lived in Angela's building. Hypothetically, cause it would be illegal.
    But if you could have them legally here (in a place where she feels fine without them) would you want them?

ETA: Asking all gun owners actually. You feel to need them where you live, would you want them ANYWHERE you lived?
    If I lived in an apartment building I'd be straight with a can of mace. The chances of being broken into in a building are slim, and even if it did happen, someone in that building would hear me. He/she would either have to kill me really fast or the cops are going to be his ass soon after he busts down my door. So, to answer your question, no.. I wouldn't feel the need.

I can answer for myself and im not sure if I would. Maybe a handgun for protection but that's my mind set. I wouldnt be hunting there so i wouldnt have the other ones.
    So you would still want a handgun.

OK, I know you're extremely diplomatic about it, and you're going to say something cliche about how it's her point of view, but if you would still have your handgun in the same location Angela is in, you have to admit that somewhere in your gut you think we're kind of silly for not wanting to be armed. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassHat View Post
    If I lived in an apartment building I'd be straight with a can of mace. The chances of being broken into in a building are slim, and even if it did happen, someone in that building would hear me. He/she would either have to kill me really fast or the cops are going to be his ass soon after he busts down my door. So, to answer your question, no.. I wouldn't feel the need.
    OK, I can dig that. You ha a respectable concern for your safety, and you don't think the entire world is out to get you.

The only time when you lose me is when you don't understand why everyone doesn't want a constant police presence.

I mean people are asking to limit bullet availability, and to make it as difficult as it is to get a drivers license as it is to get a gun. This isn't a gun ban (sadly).

No Ron. Actually I don't think anyone is silly for not having a gun at all. If you don't choose to own one out of fear than you are the last person I want to ever see holding a gun.

No cliche's here, it's a personal choice.

No Ron. Actually I don't think anyone is silly for not having a gun at all. If you don't choose to own one out of fear than you are the last person I want to ever see holding a gun.

But why would you need one for protection when the rest of the building doesn't?
    (And I know that just because it's illegal doesn't mean no one has one, but it's easier to do it this way)

Also liked this pic:
    [

I think it's harder to imagine in my mind that scenario even tho im sure Ang's apt is very safe.

It's a little harder to seperate reality from hypothetical when you have been raised around firearms and such. I am being honest tho that I probably would have a handgun but It may only be collecting dust.

So you would still want a handgun.

OK, I know you're extremely diplomatic about it, and you're going to say something cliche about how it's her point of view, but if you would still have your handgun in the same location Angela is in, you have to admit that somewhere in your gut you think we're kind of silly for not wanting to be armed. Am I wrong?

OK, I can dig that. You ha a respectable concern for your safety, and you don't think the entire world is out to get you.

The only time when you lose me is when you don't understand why everyone doesn't want a constant police presence.

I mean people are asking to limit bullet availability, and to make it as difficult as it is to get a drivers license as it is to get a gun. This isn't a gun ban (sadly).
    I'm following you on making it as difficult as possible to get a gun, but taxing the shit out of them (in my opinion) isn't the way. If we do that, we still aren't digging to the source of the issue, which *I* feel is making sure guns don't get into the hands of the incompetent. I think deeper screenings, back ground checks and hell, I'd even go so far as to say if you have even a misdemeanor on your record, no gun for you. That's half the fucking population right there. If you're not responsible enough to obey the law, you're not responsible enough to own a firearm. Felons already can't own one, so let's take it a step further. But to tax the shit out of them is just ridiculous to me. People that legitimately need one, that doesn't want to break the law by going to the black market wouldn't be able to afford one. Meanwhile the thugs of the world are still committing drive-bys.

I think it's harder to imagine in my mind that scenario even tho im sure Ang's apt is very safe.

It's a little harder to seperate reality from hypothetical when you have been raised around firearms and such. I am being honest tho that I probably would have a handgun but It may only be collecting dust.
    But I'm the one who's conditioned for fear?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassHat View Post
    I'm following you on making it as difficult as possible to get a gun, but taxing the shit out of them (in my opinion) isn't the way. If we do that, we still aren't digging to the source of the issue, which *I* feel is making sure guns don't get into the hands of the incompetent. I think deeper screenings, back ground checks and hell, I'd even go so far as to say if you have even a misdemeanor on your record, no gun for you. That's half the fucking population right there. If you're not responsible enough to obey the law, you're not responsible enough to own a firearm. Felons already can't own one, so let's take it a step further. But to tax the shit out of them is just ridiculous to me. People that legitimately need one, that doesn't want to break the law by going to the black market wouldn't be able to afford one. Meanwhile the thugs of the world are still committing drive-bys.
    I AM FINE WITH THIS!

I mean, it's easy to get into the military, but hard to get into the FBI. Let's start screening the people who get weapons like this. I see the problem here, and the gun people just don't seem to acknowledge how potentially dangerous a gun is. That's why we want people to jump through hoops. Before we hand you something like this, let's ask you a few questions.

All the "you can kill someone with anything" talk has got you guys a bit away from how dangerous these things are. And I'm not even kidding. It's a gun, not a toaster. The hyperbole has gotten to you guys (but not us though, ha).

And the taxes are to pay for all this horseshit.

As far as gangbangers, I understand (a little) that people want guns to protect them from these scary people, but why isn't anyone asking where the bangers got the guns from!?!? Why is that something that we deem unfixable??

I'm going to look into this, because I'm seriously curious.

Why not tax the hell out of them? If you really want it for protection then you'd pay the money somehow. No matter how long it takes. At the worst, we can send that money somewhere else..........maybe education?

I find it funny i see so many gun nuts bitching about protection but most wouldn't be for 1 gun and one round of ammo for a lifetime? Why not? Why is that a big deal? You got your gun, you got your bullets. Isn't that enough?
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

I AM FINE WITH THIS!

I mean, it's easy to get into the military, but hard to get into the FBI. Let's start screening the people who get weapons like this. I see the problem here, and the gun people just don't seem to acknowledge how potentially dangerous a gun is. That's why we want people to jump through hoops. Before we hand you something like this, let's ask you a few questions.

All the "you can kill someone with anything" talk has got you guys a bit away from how dangerous these things are. And I'm not even kidding. It's a gun, not a toaster. The hyperbole has gotten to you guys (but not us though, ha).

As far as gangbangers, I understand (a little) that people want guns to protect them from these scary people, but why isn't anyone asking where the bangers got the guns from!?!? Why is that something that we deem unfixable??

You're right, we lose sight of how dangerous they are. Seriously, dude, owning a gun is literally a way of life for most people in these parts. It's not just here in the South, though. The right wingers hang on to their guns acquire as many as possible. When it gets down to a reason I'm not sure even they know why. "Just cuz" would be my guess.

The "you can kill someone with anything" is a ridiculous argument, imo. If that were the case I'd have a fucking squirt gun and drown the intruder with the water from it. So, yeah, you get no argument from me on that one.

Taxes.. I get the need for taxes. I am totally fine with taxing them to aid in the costs of everything gun related, but to suggest it is taxed to the point of a $500 gun costing $2,000 is bullshit. We have to get to the root of the problem. The root of the problem is the hands these guns are easily landing in. Psych evals, criminal record search, history of mental illness, etc. Those are the things I think will help reduce gun related crime.

I AM FINE WITH THIS!

You're right, we lose sight of how dangerous they are. Seriously, dude, owning a gun is literally a way of life for most people in these parts. It's not just here in the South, though. The right wingers hang on to their guns acquire as many as possible. When it gets down to a reason I'm not sure even they know why. "Just cuz" would be my guess.

The "you can kill someone with anything" is a ridiculous argument, imo. If that were the case I'd have a fucking squirt gun and drown the intruder with the water from it. So, yeah, you get no argument from me on that one.

Taxes.. I get the need for taxes. I am totally fine with taxing them to aid in the costs of everything gun related, but to suggest it is taxed to the point of a $500 gun costing $2,000 is bullshit. We have to get to the root of the problem. The root of the problem is the hands these guns are easily landing in. Psych evals, criminal record search, history of mental illness, etc. Those are the things I think will help reduce gun related crime.

But I'm the one who's conditioned for fear?
    Not sure if im smellin' what you're steppin in here. Whatever it is, maybe we are both conditioned for fear but in different ways. I didnt grow up around guns thinking they were being used for anything than hunting. Naive maybe? I was younger. I also lived my single days without any guns which is odd now because Im married to a very big boy that could take someone out easily, I have giant breed dogs and my neighborhood is very low crime area but yet, im armed like a motherfucker. I like my gun collection actually. I would be lying if I didn't say that I had some beautiful guns or valuable guns.
    But not everyone thinks like I do and I respect it.

I've never been robbed or anything like that so it basically comes down to the guns being what is used to stock our freezers and the extra security of having those guns was just a plus.

Thread Information